Search the best hotels in Houston
One of the USA’s biggest cities, Houston has a hugely diverse population and an impressive array of scientific and cultural offerings to delight visitors of all ages. Known as ‘the energy capital of the world’, this Texas city is at the forefront of innovation — but it’s also a fabulous foodie destination with a great nightlife scene. Accommodation options range from intimate B&Bs to luxurious hotels, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. With most of the best places to stay in Houston clustered downtown, you’ll find heaps of attractions and activities within easy reach.
Some of our Houston Collections:
- The Best Cool Hotels in Houston
- Best Kid-Friendly Hotels in Houston
- Best Romantic Hotels in Houston
- Best Hotels in Houston with Balconies
- Best Boutique Hotels in Houston
- Best Pet-Friendly Hotels in Houston
- Best Hotels in Downtown Houston
- Best Hotels with Pools in Houston
- Best Luxury Hotels in Houston
- Best 5 Star Hotels in Houston
Discover all manner of curiosities in the wonderfully walkable Museum District. The Menil Collection, the Contemporary Arts Museum, the Houston Museum of African American Culture and the Holocaust Museum are all well worth visiting. If you’re travelling as a family, consider the Houston Zoo and the Children’s Museum of Houston. The Houston Space Centre, which welcomes 1.25 million visitors per year, is 45 minutes' drive away, and boasts over 400 space artefacts — including spacesuits and Moon rocks.
Savour delicious food at 10,000 restaurants scattered across Houston's many distinct neighbourhoods. If it’s world-class ballet, opera and symphony performances that you’re after, look to the Theatre District, whilst POST Houston showcases the city’s varied culinary scene under one roof, with live music and event spaces in the same spot.
Offering 580 parks, Houston is ideal for outdoorsy travellers who can cycle, hike, run or glide over the landscape, enjoy farmers’ markets or relax with a picnic. The lovely Sylvan Beach Park, El Jardin Beach and Surfside Beach are just an hour’s drive from the city. The best places to stay in Houston fill up fast when the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo is in town, with its carnival, food markets and live concerts. Book your trip well in advance if you plan to travel in February or March!
The Best Places to Stay in Houston
For an Intimate B&B
- Sara's Inn is an affordable B&B in Houston Heights, with 15 themed rooms — ranging from Victorian to Western — decorated in bright colours. Breakfasts are delicious, and there's a fun, friendly feel to this little inn.
For Grown Ups
- Hotel ZaZa Houston Memorial City is a hip retreat just beyond the city centre. Ideal for couples, the hotel has a romantic restaurant and the spa offers a range of couples' treatments for unwinding together. The swimming pool is superb. Also great for a trip with friends.
- Hotel Granduca sits in trendy Uptown. Reminiscent of an Italian villa, with a pool surrounded by Roman sculptures, this is a great choice for couples who appreciate traditional charm. Spacious, high-ceilinged rooms have great city views and lovely antique pieces. The Northern Italian restaurant is excellent.
- Hotel ZaZa Museum District has themed rooms ranging from Parisian extravagance to Rock Star chic, with quirky artwork and wonderful rain showers. Indulge at the spa, lounge by the seriously cool pool and spend your evenings sipping cocktails whilst feasting on delicious dishes. An adults only spot for stylish couples or friends.
- The Moran is a lively Westside Houston hotel with slick, minimalist rooms and a late-night party vibe. Gather by the pool for drinks and live music after rejuvenating spa days or afternoons cycling around the city. Event spaces make this a great choice for a big party.
- The Lancaster Hotel promises an elegant stay in the Theatre District. Bulgari bath products and Carrera tiled marble bathrooms are a real treat, whilst there's an impressive modern art collection and top-notch restaurant, too. The perfect pick for arts and culture enthusiasts, and a very romantic couples' city break option.
- The Houstonian Hotel sits in 27 acres of wooded grounds, with a vast sports club and heaps of activities for the whole family. Three swimming pools, flexible family suites and multiple dining options are ideal for active guests of all ages.
- The Sam Houston by Hilton has simple contemporary rooms with a nod to Texan style (seen in the cow print cushions!). The award-winning Pearl Restaurant serves regional cuisine, and the central location is good for exploring. Family packages make this a great pick for those travelling with little ones. You'll be super close to shops, museums and theatres.
For Business Travellers
- The Whitehall is a mid-century tower with a crisp, contemporary feel. The 12,000 sq ft of meeting spaces can seat up to 400 people, whilst the three restaurants, city-view outdoor pool and terrace are ideal for unwinding after busy work days. For business travellers.
- Magnolia Hotel has smart and spacious apartment-like suites, which are perfect for longer stays and extended work trips. There's seating for 300 people in the ballroom and event spaces, making this a great conference choice. Chill out at the rooftop pool after work!
- The St Regis Houston has elegant rooms and suites with beautiful city views. There's an outdoor pool, a gym, a soothing spa and a range of restaurants and bars serving everything from classic high teas to American cuisine with a gourmet twist, accompanied by a fabulous selection of wines. For families or couples in search of luxury.
- The Post Oak Hotel is a sleek luxury spot in Houston's Uptown district. Sophisticated rooms have marble bathrooms, there's a spoiling spa, swish poolside cabanas and exquisite dining experiences. A top-notch city break for well-heeled couples.
- The Four Seasons Houston has chic rooms and suites with a crisp, clean palette and huge bathrooms. Savour the world-class food of Richard Sandoval, sip superb cocktails and recline in poolside cabanas before treating yourself at the spa. Families will appreciate the kids' menus, poolside games and pizza making.
- Hotel ICON promises a glamorous stay in a grand, neo-classical building for couples or friends. Sumptuous suites are wonderful for indulgent city breaks and bathrooms feature roll-top baths, whilst opulent shared spaces have huge columns, chandeliers and velvet upholstery. The 1920s-style bar is fantastic.
FOR A Rental APARTMENT
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to George Bush Intercontinental Airport, and travel into the city centre by bus or taxi. Alternatively, journey by Amtrak train from cities across the USA.
- Texas is ideal for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect hot summers, with temperatures averaging at around 33°C between June and August. For slightly cooler weather, come in the spring (March - May) or autumn (September - November).
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Austin.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Texas.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Houston
Best Hotels in Houston
Sara's Inn Houston (Texas) 15 rooms from £69Local exploring - Historically, the area is known for its diverse turn-of-the-century architecture with Colonial Revival and Queen Anne influencesValue chic - Beautifully decorated rooms at a great priceSights nearby - Only 4 miles from downtown Houston but more locally, explore the historic 19th street which has an eclectic collection of shopsRomantic - With its lavishly designed rooms and suites, this is a good romantic hideaway
An affordable, themed boutique B&B situated in the heart of the historic area of Houston Heights. Eclectic, victorian and western-style rooms with traditional wooden beds and fantastically bold wallpapers. Delicious breakfast range from pancakes to fresh fruit. A truly unforgettable stay! See More
The Sam Houston by Hilton Houston 100 rooms from £121Families - Family packages are offered making this a great option for those travelling with childrenLocal exploring - Ideally located in downtown Houston near the city's Theater District and Minute Maid ParkRestaurant - Recommended.
La Maison In Midtown Houston (Texas) 7 rooms from £132Romantic Break - With only seven rooms, the best with spa-style bathrooms, this is an intimate and romantic choiceLocal exploring - Located in the heart of Houston's Midtowns, so all its best attractions are within easy reachSights nearby - The NASA space centre and Houston Zoo each make for the perfect day outFull of character - Traditionally styled interiors give a comfy home-from-home feel
A boutique property in the heart of Midtown. Elegant rooms and suites are traditionally styled; many come with whirlpool tub and direct access to the wraparound verandah. The bar, dining area and comfy living room create a lovely home away from home feel. A low key base for city exploring. See More
Lancaster Hotel Downtown Houston 93 rooms from £162Local exploring - Perfect for theatre goers - within walking distince to award-winning threatres such as Jones Hall and the Alley TheaterRestaurant - The restaurant, Cultivated F+B, serves Contemporary American Fine DiningBoutique
The only luxury hotel located in the famous Theatre district of Houston. Rooms are elegant with Carrera tiled marble bathrooms and Bulgari bath products. There is a super modern art collection and the restaurant serves delicious contemporary dishes. The perfect stay for arts and culture fanatics. See More
Hotel ZaZa Houston Memorial City Houston (Memorial City) 159 rooms from £163Romantic Break - Ideal for a romantic getaway, with sultry room decor, plush Egyptian cotton linens and couples services in the spaCity Style - Stylish and trendy with a bold aesthetic and original artworks throughoutSights nearby - A short journey from Houston Zoo and the Downtown Aquarium, or the Bear Creek Pioneers ParkRestaurant - The Tipping Point Restaurant and Terrace specialises in seafood and steak dishes
The Moran Houston (Texas) 244 rooms from £183Tennis - Is nearby for all.Sights nearby - Moody Gardens.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
This lively Westside Houston hotel has a pool and spa. Vast rooms with ceiling-to-floor windows, all the mod-cons and modern bathrooms. Radio Milano offers Italian dishes and crafted cocktails. By night a hotspot with in-house Monnalisa by the pool, and by day relax with a spa day or exploring. See More
Hotel Zaza Museum District Houston (Texas) 314 rooms from £187Families - Spacious rooms and great access to sights such as the Houston Zoo, Houston Aquarium, and the Bayou Bend Collection and GardensLocal exploring - The hotel is perfectly located in the Museum District which has 19 museumsSights nearby - Visit the NGR- Americas largest and most versatile complex, able to host large exhibitions, concerts and sporting eventsViews - Rooms have delightful views of the Museum of Fine Arts and the Mecom Fountain
A hip boutique hotel, right in the heart of the Museum District. Themed rooms range from Parisian extravagance to Rock Star and feature funky artwork and rain forest showers. Indulge in the spa or lounge by the pool. Spend evenings feasting on a signature lobster roll while sipping a cocktail. See More
The Whitehall Houston 259 rooms from £191Business meetings - One of the city's most popular hotels for meetings & events - there is 12,000 sq ft of flexible spaces that seat up to 400Short break - Great base if you're nipping into the city for an event or function with its good location, pool and dining optionsRestaurant - There's a coffee shop, casual southern Tex-Mex restaurant and atmospheric courtyard restaurant with live-music and cocktailsGreat walks - 1km from the hotel is the spacious urban Eleanor Tinsley Park with trails, lawns for lounging and scenic skyline views
Business-orientated downtown hotel. The mid-century tower dates from the 1960s but has a light-filled contemporary feel. Traditional rooms channel an antique vibe with wooden floors & reproduction furniture. Enjoy three restaurants, including lively outdoor dining, city-view outdoor pool & terrace. See More
Hotel Granduca Houston (Texas) 122 rooms from £199Local exploring - Located in the trendy area of Uptown District, the hotel is within walking distance to lovely parks, restaurants and museumsSights nearby - Memorial Park is less than a mile away with golf courses, tennis courts and 30 miles of hiking trailsRestaurant - Ristorante Cavour, highlights Northern Italian cuisine combined with seasonal offeringsSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
A luxury boutique hotel set in the hip area of Uptown District. The hotel is reminiscent of an Italian villa with the pool surrounded by Roman-sculptures and colonnades. Rooms are beautifully decorated, spacious and have high-ceiling with great city views. An elegant Texan stay. See More
The Houstonian Hotel Houston (Texas) 294 rooms from £210Active Holiday - From tennis and basketball to tri-athalon training this hotel offers an opportunities for an action-packed holidayFamilies - Spacious rooms and suites plus the Houstonian Club is the perfect place for families with a host of activitiesKids Club - Not a traditional kids club but there are lots of summer programs that kids can enjoy such as Triatholon trainingSights nearby - Located just by Houston's 1,500-acre Memorial Park, perfect for running and walking
A family-friendly luxury hotel, with a vast sports club, set in a 27-acre wooded oasis. Elegant and spacious rooms feature floor-to-ceiling windows that offer stunning park views. Complete with three pools, great dining options and endless activities. Ideal for active families! See More
Four Seasons Houston Downtown Houston 404 rooms from £217Families - Spacious rooms and kid-friendly menus. Kids can enjoy pizza making and poolside games whilst parents can relax in the spaRestaurant - Enjoy flavourful dishes from the celebrity chef Richard Sandoval at Bayou & Bottle as well as Italian and poolside diningSights nearby - Sport lovers will enjoy being only minutes from Minute Maid Park, the Toyota Center and BBVA Compass StadiumSpa - Enjoy the hotel's signature hydrafacial or a specialised massage from skilled therapists
A downtown hotel that offers the best of that famous Texan hospitality. Chic rooms with neutral palettes, amazing city views and spacious bathrooms. Try the signature luxury cocktail LX Huntsman and the world-class food of Richard Sandoval. Poolside cabanas are available to rent - a luxury stay. See More
Magnolia Hotel, Houston Houston 314 rooms from £217Business meetings - Home to large-scale luxury meeting and event rooms, interesting break-out spaces, ballroom and seating for up to 300 peopleLocal exploring - Vibrant Downtown Houston is known for its lively theare district, sports and live-music venues and major attractionsRestaurant - The Magnolia Lounge & Bar offers relaxed all-day dining in a large contemporary space. Cookies & milk are offered each eveningSights nearby - Catch a baseball game at Minute Maid Park, a concert at the Toyota Centre or visit the famous Downtown Houston quarium
Downtown hotel for business or leisure. Traditional public spaces showcase modern decor, while spacious and elegant rooms channel contemporary-luxe vibes with velvet furniture & moody accent walls. Expansive apartment-like suites work for long stays. Fab skyscraper-facing rooftop terrace and pool. See More
Hotel ICON Houston 135 rooms from £241Local exploring - Set right in the heart of the city with many of the main attractions within walking distanceCity Style - A grand Neo-Classical building with period interiors to matchWhirlpool Bathtub - Deluxe rooms and suites offer bathrooms with whirlpool tubsTraditionalRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Set in the heart of the city, this grand Neo-Classical building is the perfect choice for a touch of old-school glamour. Suites, so large you could get lost in them, are filled with period antiques and bathrooms feature roll-top baths. Sip cocktails in the Great Gatsby-esque bar. A luxurious stay. See More
Post Oak Hotel Uptown Houston 250 rooms from £285Local exploring - Located in the Uptown area of Houston- with all the cities attractions, shopping experiences and theatre's very close byArtworks - Multimillion-dollar art collection including works by Alex Katz, Frank Stella and Robert MotherwellSights nearby - Visit the Houston Zoo, Space Center Houston, Downtown Aquarium, Kemah Boardwalk and Galveston Island Historic Pleasure PierSpa - The spa mixes a balance of healing, wellness and beauty using gorgeous essential oils from Aromatherapy Associates
A sleek and elegant luxury hotel in the Uptown District. Rooms are modern and sophisticated with marble bathrooms. Indulge at the spoiling spa and order cocktails from your own poolside cabana. Exquisite dining experiences with a huge range of options. The perfect city break. See More
The Laura Hotel Houston (Texas) 223 rooms from £327Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Downtown Houston — the perfect base for exploring all the city's highlightsCity Style - Chic contemporary decor in spacious rooms, with floor-to-ceiling windows for epic viewsSpa - Custom massages, facials and luxe body treatments, Wednesday to SundayRestaurant - Hull & Oak serves modern, Southern-inspired cuisine
A rooftop pool, a buzzing bar, and slick, contemporary rooms with floor-to-ceiling windows in the heart of Houston. Art deco lamps, black marble-clad bathrooms and a two-story atrium add style, while the steamboat-themed restaurant serves upscale Southern cuisine. A stand-out choice. See More
St Regis Houston Houston (River Oaks) 232 rooms from £343Local exploring - Ideally located to explore both the museums and cultural sites of the city centre and the sprawling parks of the outer districtsCity Style - A stylish hotel featuring classically elegant rooms, a short distance from fashionable downtown HoustonGreat walks - A short distance from some of Houston's excellent parks, such as Waterwall Park and the Houston Memorial ParkRestaurant - The Remington Restaurant serves a range of gourmet American Classics, high tea available in the Tea Lounge
The 12 floors and grounds boast an outdoor pool, a gym, a spa, and rooms designed with a soothing, neutral palette and air of classic elegance. A range of restaurants, lounges, and bars serve classic American cuisine with a gourmet twist, sophisticated high teas, and California's finest wines. See More