- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Houston
This city may be largely built on oil and gas wealth but it also has a relaxed, laidback, fun attitude to life. Barbecues, rodeos, jeans and pick-up trucks are as much what it's about as flashy cars and skyscrapers. There's a great food scene, a nationally renowned arts scene and an amazing number of green spaces for a metropolis that is also America's fourth-largest city. And it's big: it covers a larger area than New Jersey. The whole city is renowned for its wealth of eating-out choices, plus cutting-edge chefs and even culinary tours that take in taco trucks and ethinc markets. As for nightlife, head to Washington Avenue; very cool, very where it's at. Our choice of the best places to stay in Houston allow you to make the most of the city's attractions.
What Not To Miss
- A good place to get a sense of the city is from the Chase Tower's 'sky lobby', the highest tower in Texas.
- Then you could explore the Museum District where around 18 different attractions vie for your attention. From the Museum of Fine Arts and the Holocaust Museum to the avant-garde Art Car Museum.
- The Downtown area is arts central, home to nationally recognised ballet, opera, theatre and symphony companies.
- Other unique attractions include the Rothko Chapel with huge paintings by the American abstract expressionist and an Underground tunnel tour in the Downtown area. Some of the finest buildings are in the historic Heights area while the Montrose district has some cute and quirky shops and eateries.
- Don't forget that two of the city's most famous attractions – NASA's Space Center Houston in Clear Lake and Galveston Island – are a 45-minute drive outside the city.
- When you want to chill out the city has over 650 green spaces including Memorial Park whose 1500 acres include a pool, hiking trails and tennis courts as well as a farmers' market.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Houston is ideally located downtown, so perfect for sightseeing, shopping, bars and restaurants.
The best places to stay in Houston
For Downtown Houston
- With a pool, spa, rooftop bar and Italian restaurant, plus bikes to rent, the Hotel Sorella ticks plenty of boxes and is close to shops and the sights. Rooms are sleek, modern and airy with great city views.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of centrally-located properties, ideal for exploring all the city has to offer.
- Fly to George Bush Intercontinental Airport located 32km (20 miles) from Houston with a wide selection of flights across both the U.S and Internationally.
- Alternatively, Houston is on the Sunset Limited line Amtrak rail route.
- If you want to rent a car to visit all of Houston's sights and beyond - for prices visit our online partner,Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the Autumn from September to November provides pleasant temperatures for exploring the city.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Houston
Hotel Sorella 244 rooms from £269Houston (Texas)
This lively Westside Houston hotel has a pool and spa. Vast rooms with ceiling-to-floor windows, all the mod-cons and modern bathrooms. Radio Milano offers Italian dishes and crafted cocktails. By night a hotspot with in-house Monnalisa by the pool, and by day relax with a spa day or exploring.Sights nearby - Moody Gardens.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet