Search the best hotels in Idaho
Vast and rugged, Idaho still has the feel of a remote wilderness. A wonderful north-western USA destination, the state is sometimes overlooked by adventurers who make a bee-line for Montana or Washington State. With jagged mountains, expansive forests, refreshing lakes and surging rivers, this is a terrific pick for active travellers of all ages. Accommodation options range from simple B&Bs to luxurious lodges, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. And whilst many of the best places to stay in Idaho are set in tranquil natural surroundings, the state capital, Boise, promises a brilliant urban buzz, too.
Boise is excellent for those looking to fuse culture, food and outdoorsy activities. Expect scenic cycle rides and challenging hikes, as well as a lively evening scene, top-notch galleries and museums, and a bustling Basque quarter. The State Capitol, St John’s Cathedral, the Old Idaho Penitentiary State Historic Site, the Boise Art Museum and the World Centre for Birds of Prey are all highlights.
Idaho’s dramatic landscapes promise all manner of opportunities for thrill-seekers. Try hiking, mountain biking or horse riding in the Sawtooth National Recreation Area or the Hells Canyon National Recreation Area. You’ll find pristine alpine lakes tucked amidst towering peaks, perfect for sailing, swimming, fishing, rafting, kayaking and canoeing in the summer months. Sink into the Lava Hot Springs, admire the Craters of the Moon National Monument and take a dip in the waterfalls at Snake River Canyon.
Come winter, skiers congregate at legendary Sun Valley, the USA’s oldest ski resort, or the nearby former mining town of Ketchum — once a favourite of Ernest Hemingway. This is a superb year-round destination for families, couples or friends, with heaps of trendy eateries and bars, as well as all the attractions of the mountains. Some of the best places to stay in Idaho are clustered within charming Ketchum itself.
The Best Places to Stay in Idaho
For Great Value
- Tamarack Lodge is a simple, stylish choice in downtown Ketchum. The huge indoor pool and outdoor hot tub are wonderfully refreshing after big days out. Guests can make the most of a discount at the hotel's sister property for breakfast and coffee, or sample the area's many eateries. Families are welcome! Friendly and affordable.
- Boise Guesthouse is a collection of six self-catering suites with a shared garden. Each suite comes with its own kitchenette, and interiors are modern and inviting. A relaxed, hands-off option which will appeal to longer-stay travellers or those in search of more independence. There are complimentary bicycles just outside. Rates are offered on a daily, weekly or monthly basis, making this a great-value choice for longer trips.
- The Roosevelt Inn promises a well-priced stay in Coeur d'Alene, with 15 rooms featuring fireplaces, four-poster beds and lake views. Unwind with in-room massages or in the hot tub. The terrace and gardens are lovely. Charming, affordable and romantic.
- The Harkness Hotel began life as a bank, yet has been transformed into a deluxe boutique hotel in central McCammon. The two largest suites sleep up to six guests and come with fully stocked kitchens, making this a great family or group choice. Surprisingly affordable, given the high-spec interiors.
For Contemporary Cool
- Hotel Ketchum is a chic, contemporary spot with airy rooms featuring crisp white linens and mountain views. The lively Barrio 75 resto-bar serves tacos and tequila, and the vibe is relaxed and sociable. Ideal for couples, families or groups of friends. Very central, in Sun Valley.
- Hotel 43 offers spacious rooms with a fresh, modern feel and impressive downtown views of Boise. There's also an excellent steakhouse with live jazz, meeting facilities and complimentary bicycles for exploring. A swish city break choice for couples or families.
- Inn at 500 Capitol promises an indulgent stay in the heart of Boise. Rooms and suites have spa-like bathrooms, Italian linens and superb city views. Cycle around Boise, take the Mercedes-Benz shuttle to see the sights, and tuck into delicious dishes at the smart restaurant. A slick pick for couples, families or business travellers.
- The Grove Hotel is a recently renovated downtown Boise spot with lots to offer — including an indoor pool, fitness centre, spa, restaurant and chic rooftop bar. Connected to the Idaho Arena and with extensive events facilities of its own, the hotel is brilliant for business trips or large gatherings. Also well-suited to families.
- Limelight Ketchum has minimalist rooms, suites and multi-room residences with pale wooden furnishings and appealing mountain panoramas. Expect casual dining, live music, a swimming pool and a playroom for little ones. Great for families or couples looking to stay in Ketchum itself.
- Knob Hill Inn in Sun Valley offers elegant, traditional interiors in rooms with oversized soaking tubs and private terraces. With a restaurant focused on locally sourced fare, a heated swimming pool and a hot tub, this is a gorgeous choice for an indulgent couples' escape. For a chalet-style vibe.
- Boise Hillside Suites comprises of just three suites set within a pine-clad inn. An adults-only property with cosy, traditional interiors — including fireplaces and hot tubs. Ideal for a romantic break in a tranquil part of Boise.
- The Modern is a chic converted motel in Boise's up-and-coming Linen District. Retro-inspired rooms feature luxury bathrooms, clean, crisp design and pops of colour. Sip a martini at the hip bar and feast on modern European fare at the restaurant. A minimalist hotspot for well-heeled design lovers, with a real evening buzz. Ideal for hip couples or friends.
- Franklin House has six appealing guest rooms — two with spa baths — and a spacious living/dining area. A charming historic spot in Boise's oldest neighbourhood. With a modern shared kitchen for guests and a terrace beer garden, this is a terrific pick for sociable couples or groups of friends. Very cool. Guests must be age 21 and over.
For the Great Outdoors
- Sun Valley Lodge is a sprawling mountain retreat, with a collection of 108 comfortable rooms and multi-room suites. Highlights include the 20,000 square foot spa, world-class fitness centre, multiple restaurants, tennis courts and refreshing swimming pool. An idyllic resort for active travellers of all ages, with skiing, hiking, cycling, horse riding and ice-skating galore in beautiful surroundings.
- Shore Lodge has its own beach and marina on the pristine shores of Lake Payette, high in the mountains. Go canoeing, kayaking, paddle boarding or sailing on the lake in the summer, or try skiing, showboarding and snowshoeing in the winter months. There's golf and hiking, too. Kick back in the hotel's pool and spa afterwards. An indulgent modern lodge, well-suited to active couples.
- Henry's Fork Lodge has just four rooms, two suites and eight cottages, set alongside a fast-flowing river — voted amongst the top fly fishing destinations in the world. Hone your skills or travel with fellow anglers for the ultimate group retreat. The food is fabulous, and there are heaps of activities for those less keen to fish: hiking, riding, kayaking, golf, tennis and bird watching. A delightful hideaway.
- Teton Springs Lodge & Spa is a huge holiday resort spread across 780 acres. Choose from suites or multi-bedroom cabins. The whole family will adore the swimming pools, tennis courts, gym, spa, golf, skiing and horse riding. An adventurer's dream.
- South Fork Lodge is an indulgent pick on a dramatic bend of Idaho's Snake River. Rustic cabins boast roaring fireplaces, ethnic prints and river-facing balconies. The four-bedroom River House is perfect for groups of friends or families. Enjoy fishing, hiking or riding. For nature lovers of all ages.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Boise Airport, and travel to your hotel by taxi or shuttle bus. The Greyhound and Northwestern Trailways routes are an affordable way to journey to Boise from other regional hubs. For Sun Valley, head to Friedman Memorial Airport.
- Idaho is ideal for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between December and March for the best skiing, or come in the spring/summer for hiking, horse riding, mountain biking and warmer temperatures as you explore Idaho's towns and cities.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Boise.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Washington State.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Idaho
Best Hotels in Idaho
Tamarack Lodge Sun Valley (Ketchum) 45 rooms from £86Active Holiday - The Sun Valley is a real outdoor adventurer's dream with year-round activities ranging from skiing to mountain bikingValue chic - With stylish rooms, an indulgent outdoor hot tub, and an indoor pool you are getting a lot for your money hereSkiing - Sun Valley Resort is a world-class ski region with slopes to suit all abilitiesGreat walks - During the summer months, there are miles of hiking trails to explore
A stylish modern hotel set in the heart of downtown Ketchum. Spacious rooms are simple and contemporary in design with crisp white linen, expansive windows and soft grey hues. An indoor pool and large outdoor hot tub are a welcome respite after a day outdoors. Friendly and very reasonably priced. See More
Northside School B&B Bonners Ferry, Idaho 9 rooms from £77Local exploring - Follow the Wild Horse Scenic Byway and do some waterfall chasing. This is a wonderful base for epxloring the areaValue chic - With individually decorated rooms in a classic yet fresh style, the accommodation here is extremely good valueTotal relaxation - A peaceful retreat with hot tub and pool looking out to glorious countrysideLocal markets - The Bonners Ferry Farmers' Market (running year round) is one of the oldest farmers' markets in the state of Idaho
Quaint B&B in Bonners Ferry. Individually-decorated, light and airy rooms with little touches giving a nod to its schoolhouse roots, yet with a fresh modern style. There's a seasonal outdoor pool & year round hot tub in the garden, and historic downtown is a short stroll away. Great value too! See More
The Roosevelt Inn Coeur d'Alene, Idaho 15 rooms from £86Local exploring - Walking distance to downtown Coeur d’Alene Lake, park, restaurants, shops and attractions as well as host of outdoor activitiesActive Holiday - Ski or snowshoe in winter or kayak, paddle-board, hike, mountain-bike, golf and ride in summer across parks and wildlife refugesRomantic Break - Rooms have been designed for romance; enjoy roaring fires, opulent beds and no TVs for a really unplugged experienceValue chic - Amazing value with wonderful amenities and perfect location for local exploring
Welcoming owner-run inn with impressive on-site amenities. Romantic rooms boast tasteful decor, think fireplaces, traditional four-posted beds and lake views. Enjoy the sauna, hot tub, in-room massages, cosy lounges and manicured gardens. Deluxe relaxing base with wonderful service. See More
The Fillmore Inn Twin Falls (Idaho) 4 rooms from £86Local exploring - Nearby Shoshone Falls, dubbed 'the Niagara of the West', is a must-seeValue chic - A real home-from-home with tasteful decor and a charming hostRomantic - Vintage decor adds to the charm. Book one of the rooms with a whirlpool tubGreat walks - Nearby Snake River Canyon has magnificent views along paved walking paths
A classic brick Tudor style B&B just minutes from Snake River Canyon. Pretty rooms feature vintage soft furnishings, antique pieces and one has a handmade copper sink. There's a mature garden and pretty terrace. A charming base, good for both downtown and the great outdoors. See More
Boise Hillside Suites Boise (ID) 3 rooms from £101Romantic Break - An adult only environment with just three private suites this is the perfect base for a quiet get away with your loved oneLocal exploring - Located in the North End of Boise this property is situated near all the action but in a quiet settingGreat walks - Take long walks along the trails runnning through the nearby hillside to Hollow ReserveRestrictions on children - Adult only
A charming pine-clad inn offering three spacious suites in a quiet district of Boise. Suites all come with their own perks, some have fireplaces, some a hot tub and one has a kitchen. However, the style throughout is traditional and cosy. A grown-up property (adults only) ideal for a break for two. See More
The Harkness Hotel McCammon, Idaho 10 rooms from £101Value chic - It's hard to believe a hotel with such high-spec interiors, generous floor plans and indulgent bathrooms can cost so littleFamilies - Spacious Ruby and Peark self-catered suites sleep up to six. Ideal for younger kids, Ruby's second bedroom has fun bunkbedsRomantic Break - Indulgent Indigo room comes with cosy fireplace, stand-alone bath and sexy two-person showerSights nearby - No trip to the area is complete without a visit to Lava Hot Springs
Historic bank lovingly transformed into a deluxe owner-run boutique hotel in central McCammon with an on-site salon. Each individually decorated room boasts a stylish blend of original architectural features and spoiling modern touches. Eat at the diner next door. Unexpected luxury in rural Idaho. See More
Franklin House Boise 4 rooms from £102Bar - The Backyard Beer garden features 14 hammock swings, firepit and hosts occasional movie nights / sports viewingsLocal exploring - It's a 10 min walk to downtown Boise and Hyde Park, as well as local bars, restaurants and storesExclusive use - Ideal for full-house rentals with homely living, dining and kitchen areasSights nearby - While in town visit Idaho State Capitol and Zoo Boise
Historic 'ice house' transformed into a community-focused & locally-owned guest house with six rooms (two with spa baths), a modern kitchen and a spacious living & dining area. The large terrace has been transformed into popular beer garden which occasionally hosts events. Urban cool. See More
Hotel Ketchum Sun Valley 58 rooms from £118Skiing - Skiing is what the area is famed for; choose between pisted runs or off road trails. Ski hire can be organised from the hotelActive Holiday - Year-round the mountains provide the perfect playground for outdoor adventure enthusiastsGreat walks - From a few hours' ramble to day long hikes, there is a wide variety of scenic walking trailsRestaurant - Breakfast and coffee is served in The Hangout while Barrio 75 is a taco and tequila loungeRecommended by - Tablet
A chic hotel offering easy access to the slopes and contemporary design. Spacious rooms are light and airy with modern artworks, crisp white linen, and picture windows lending mountain views. A lively restaurant and bar serve tacos and tequila. A cool base to return to after a day outdoors. See More
The Modern, Boise Boise 39 rooms from £119Back to Nature - Easy access to a number of national parks.City Style - Housing one of the most chic bars in town.Lively - Hip and happening.Restaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Tablet
A chic converted motel located in the up-and-coming Linen District. Smart retro styled rooms feature luxury bathrooms, plush bed heads, pop colours and clean design. Sip on a martini at the stylish bar and feast on contemporary European fare in the restaurant. A fabulous city base. See More
The Fin and Feather Inn Victor, Idaho 5 rooms from £129Country Escape - The B&B has teamed with local guides for the best fishing experience and several ranches nearby can provide guides and horsesActive Holiday - Close to Teton National Park and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort — activities galore both winter and summer!Skiing - Easy access to Jackson Hole and Grand Targhee ski resortsViews - Uninterrupted views over the unspoilt local countryside to the mountains beyond
Recently renovated game farm nestled at the base of Big Holes Mountains, just outside the small town of Victor. Five simple, rustic rooms boast large picture windows with views to the fields and majestic mountains beyond. A great base for outdoor adventuring both winter and summer. See More
Sun Valley Lodge Sun Valley 108 rooms from £132Swimming Pool - Outdoor swimming poolRemote - Off the beaten track.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Tennis
Sprawling retreat in Idaho's Sun Valley with year-round recreational activities. Rooms and cottages are spacious and warm, with earth tones, wool carpets and walk-in showers, making your stay supremely comfortable. With added Spa, gym and pool. Dine on a huge range of American and European cuisines. See More
Boise Guest House Boise 6 rooms from £140Local exploring - Located in the thick of historic Boise, the suites are ideal for exploring the citySights nearby - Wander down to State Capitol and admire the elegant architectureBoutique
A collection of suites located in the trendy Downtown and North End districts. Each suite has been meticulously designed offering scandi-chic style, fully equipped kitchens and luxury bathrooms. Bikes are waiting at your door to use and local artwork adorns the walls. A perfect home-away-from home. See More
The Grove Hotel Boise (Downtown) 202 rooms from £140Business meetings - Connected to 5,400-seat Idaho Arena and offering 14,000 sq ft of meeting space, catering & ballrooms the hotel excels in eventsCity Style - The luxury hotel of choice in central Boise which ticks every box; gorgeous rooms, delicious dining, spa, fitness & city viewsLocal exploring - The prime downtown location in the 'city of trees' means that shops, museums, nightlife, restaurants, parks & sites are nearbySpa - The impressive full-scale spa offers beauty treatments, massages, Jacuzzi, steam, sauna, fitness and personal trainers
Recently renovated, this luxury downtown hotel has a lot to offer; spoiling spa with indoor pool and hot tub, contemporary dining, sexy fireside bars, extensive meeting and event space, city views and a perfect location. Classic in layout but fresh in feel with stylish decor and trendy amenities. See More
Hotel 43 Boise (Downtown) 112 rooms from £148Local exploring - Whether in town for business or leisure the location is perfect; walk to restaurants, shops, galleries, sites and attractionsRestaurant - Award-winning Chandler's Steakhouse offers regional classics and live jazz every evening. The Metro Cafe is great for breakfastLocal markets - Head to Capital City Public Market for fresh local produce while engaging with farmers, artisans and food-suppliersSights nearby - Idaho State Capital is the city's most famous building and can be viewed from the hotel; it's a short walk away
Well-located city hotel offering spacious rooms, brilliant amenities and fab on-site dining; everything has been thought of for a super comfortable stay. Although classic in design, rooms feel fresh and contemporary with cosy touches and downtown views. Large suites work perfectly for long stays. See More
Knob Hill Inn Sun Valley (Ketchum) 29 rooms from £155Active Holiday - Ketchum is an outdoor adventurer's dream with a wide choice of activities possible throughout the yearSkiing - Sun Valley is a world-class resort with powder snow and 75 runs with something for all abilitiesRestaurant - The Grill offers local cuisine such as rainbow trout, prime steaks, local lamb, and wild game.Great walks - During the summer months there are miles of hiking routes to explore
An elegant chalet-style inn in Ketchum boasting wonderful mountain views. Spacious rooms are traditionally styled; all have an oversized soaking tub and many have private terraces. With a locally-focused restaurant, a heated pool, and a hot tub this is an indulgent choice for an outdoorsy break. See More
Shore Lodge McCall, Idaho from £179Great walks - With names like Goose Creek Falls and Hum Lake, what’s not to like about the area’s many hiking trails?Restaurant - The Narrows restaurant serves North-Western and Pacific cuisine in a one-of-a-kind lakefront location.Lakeside - Payette Lake is a 5,330-acre expanse of pristine, glacial water at an elevation of 5,000 feet.Views - Spectacular views onto Payette Lake and the mountains beyond.
Modern take on a traditional lodge. Rugs with tree motifs, a natural color palette of browns and nudes, stone walls and exposed woods, and large windows make the lake and forest focus of every room. A range of snow sports on offer with a spa, pool and hot tub to relax afterwards. Restaurant & grill. See More
Inn at 500 Capitol Boise (ID) 111 rooms from £179Local exploring - This luxury property is located in the heart of the city, ideal for exploring the sights on footCity Style - With a Mercedes-Benz shuttle service and a butler's pantry this is an exclusive stayDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Restaurant - Recommended.
A luxury hotel set slap-bang in the heart of Boise. Rooms and suites are designed for indulgence with spa-like bathrooms, Italian sheets and chic contemporary style. Panoramic windows supply superb city views. Dotted with regional art this is a stylish base with a distinctly local feel. See More
Limelight Ketchum Sun Valley 99 rooms from £187Skiing - Sun Valley's two mountains, 3,400-vertical feet, and 2,000 acres of terrain means that there are slopes for all abilitiesActive Holiday - This is an outdoor enthusiast's dream, with adventure acitivies throughout the year ranging from rafting to skiingFamilies - Two, Three, and Four bedroom Residences with living areas and full kitchens are ideal for familiesKids Club - The Kids Room is packed full of games, toys, and books to keep children entertained
A chic contemporary hotel well positioned in laid-back Ketchum. Minimalist rooms, suites, and residences feature picture windows overlooking the mountains and pale wood floors and furniture. Expect casual dining, live music, a pool and a kids playroom — well suited to families or couples. See More
Teton Springs Lodge & Spa Victor, Idaho 51 rooms from £212Families - Facilities and local activities will keep kids of all ages occupied while parents can indulge in the spa or golf and tennisGolf - The property's Headwaters Club, designed by golfer Byron Nelson, offers a nine-hole, par-three courseActive Holiday - Offers unbeatable range of outdoor activities in summer and winter, both on property and in the areaBack to Nature - Rural Idaho at its best; soak up picturesque views of mountains, lush valleys and sweeping plains
Rural holiday resort & golf course spread over 780 acres in scenic Teton Valley. A traditional lodge is made-up 1 & 2-bedroom suites, while grounds house 3-5 bedroom cabins; all are self-catered. As well as pools, tennis, gym and spa, an unbelievable range of activities are on offer all year round. See More
Henry's Fork Lodge Idaho 4 rooms from £421Back to Nature - Stunning twilights, days spent on the tranquil river, wood furnishings and a forest on your doorstep.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Views - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.
Understated sophistication, high-quality service and rustic interiors come together in Idaho's prime fly fishing destination. Delicious home-cooked meals are prepared daily, and there is a library stocked with fishing books to make you feel at home. All modern amenities are provided in the rooms. See More
South Fork Lodge Swan Valley, Idaho from £1315Families - Families will love the super-private four-bedroom River House. Fully-equipped, with river-facing decks only 75 ft from the waterHideaway - A place to escape the stresses of daily life. The remote location and wholesome outdoor activities feel cleansing for the soulAll inclusive - Packages included guided fishing, all equipment, license, 3 meals a day, house drinks (beer, wine, and liquor) and all taxesFishing - Home to finest trout fishing in the country. Most guests are serious fisherman here solely for private fishing expeditions
Luxurious lodge located on dramatic bend of Idaho's Snake River. Elegantly rustic log cabin-style interiors include spacious rooms with roaring fireplaces, ethnic prints and water-facing balconies. After a day of fishing relax outdoors with delicious all-inclusive dining. Wilderness wonderland. See More