Search the best hotels in Nantucket
Once the thriving hub of the world’s largest fishing fleet, Nantucket is now best known for its beautiful historic buildings and immense appeal as a Massachusetts holiday destination. If you’re dreaming of a charming heritage town with chic bars and eateries, surrounded by dramatic cliffs, sandy beaches and dazzling seas just off the coast of Cape Cod — look no further. Accommodation options are plentiful, ranging from simple B&Bs to expansive luxury hotels, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Nantucket are clustered close to the harbour, but we do have one more remote favourite, for those in search of seclusion.
The entirety of Nantucket Town is a National Historic Landmark, so it’s fantastic for keen culture buffs to explore on foot. Join a walking tour, visit the Nantucket Whaling Museum, or pop into myriad galleries, boutiques and antique shops. You’ll find a number of gourmet eateries — many specialising in seafood — as well as hip bars in the town centre, too. This is a hugely popular place for trendy travellers from the mainland to come for long weekends, so you can expect a well-heeled crowd.
Beyond the lovely town, you’ll discover pristine landscapes of sand dunes, marshes, meadows and hardwood forests. One third of the island is protected by a conservation foundation, and these habitats are fabulous for bird watching, walking and cycling. Out on the water, you can try sailing, kayaking, whale watching and fishing, whilst the island’s beaches are ideal for lazy days of sunbathing and building sandcastles or enjoying ice cream. Don’t miss the Brant Point Lighthouse, or taking the little ones to the Maria Mitchell Association Aquarium.
Whether you’re travelling as a family, a tranquil couple or a lively group of friends, the best places to stay in Nantucket promise something very special.
The Best Places to Stay in Nantucket
For an Intimate B&B
- Cliff Lodge has a wonderful home-away-from-home feel, with mismatched antique furniture, pastel-hued walls and cosy rugs in 12 guestrooms. The English country garden is charming and the location very relaxing. For a laid-back holiday.
- 76 Main is an intimate B&B choice on Main Street, with modern interiors set within a two hundred year old house. The central courtyard firepit is a natural gathering point in the evenings, and there's a simple onsite café for home baked goods and hot drinks.
- Chapman House has just 11 bedrooms, all of which feature bold pops of blue-green and coral. Each room comes with an iPad for guests to plot their trips, and the feel is fresh, airy and friendly. Kick back on the patio after days of exploring.
- The Veranda House was built in the 1860s, and now has modern rooms set across three levels, with lovely wrap-around porches overlooking the harbour and gardens. A relaxing, 18-room B&B hideaway fusing historic charm and contemporary luxuries.
For Superb Sea Views
- White Elephant sits in a prime seafront location, and is well-suited to couples or families looking to admire striking views, unwind at the onsite spa, feast at the restaurant and enjoy sailing, kayaking and swimming. Expect a chic, old-fashioned New England feel.
- The Wauwinet is a top spot if you're keen to unwind further from town. Boasting a quiet Atlantic Ocean setting, with expansive sea views, a private beach, spa, tennis court and boats, this is a brilliant choice for outdoorsy guests of all ages. A classic seaside hotel in a secluded location.
For Old School Charm
- Jared Coffin House is a red brick building with old-fashioned interiors featuring carved wooden beds, floral wallpaper and impressive rugs. Relax in the library, pick a perch in the private gardens or explore Nantucket Town. For history buffs.
- Anchor Inn dates back to the 18th Century. The house has an elegant feel, with pared-back guestrooms dominated by four poster beds and calm, light shades. Enjoy the library, pretty patio and quiet, laid-back feel. Breakfasts are served in leafy surroundings.
- Seven Sea Street Inn is a quaint property with ceilings of exposed wooden beams, rocking chairs, floral quilts and lace detailing. A charming B&B with lots of character, for those eager to experience historic Nantucket.
- Union Street Inn is an award-winning property with a classic Nantucket feel. Think antique four poster beds, blue and white details and a fantastic location. The concierge will work their magic to open doors all over the island. A real treat for couples.
- Life House Nantucket has a hip, mid-century feel, with opulent interiors reflecting the Federal mansion's rich history, as well as top of the range speakers, and indulgent rain showers in grown up bathrooms. Sip drinks on the sunlit terrace or in the gorgeous lounge. For sophisticated couples.
- Greydon House is a sea captain's home turned luxury boutique hotel. A treasure trove of antique furniture, Portuguese tiles and a variety of curiosities, this is a wonderfully romantic choice for holidaying as a couple. The excellent restaurant is the talk of the town and the cocktails are fabulous.
- The Cottages & Lofts are right on the harbour, ensuring glorious views and easy access to myriad activities out on the water. Multi-room cottages are ideal for families or groups, who will appreciate the living rooms, well-equipped kitchens and private decks. Cool and contemporary.
- Harborview Nantucket offers a collection of beachfront suites, apartments and cottages, with direct access to a large manicured lawn and wonderful sandy beach. Pick this place for a fun family or group trip — cottages have up to four bedrooms — or a relaxed stay as a couple. The sea views are spectacular.
- The Nantucket Hotel has a classic New England feel, with a cedar shingle exterior and soothing, nautically inspired interiors. Featuring two swimming pools, a kids club and terrace dining, this is a fun, friendly family choice. The beach and harbour are a short walk away. Lovely.
For a Playful Boutique Pad
- Faraway promises a whimsical Nantucket escape, with beautifully appointed rooms and suites set around a charming central couryard and garden, in the heart of town. Ideal for fun groups trips or romantic couples' holidays, the hotel has a lively eatery, cocktail bar and terrace for alfresco dining. A gorgeous bolthole for design lovers. The friendly, sociable feel is great for groups of friends.
- 21 Broad is a playfully renovated Victorian hotel in the lively Broad Street neighbourhood, well-suited to couples or friends. A welcoming B&B with a stylish vibe, including nods to the area's nautical past, bold spalshes of colour and local artwork. Kick back by the fire on wintry evenings, or hit the BYOB evening mixer bar on the back deck in the summer. Very lively.
- Hotel Pippa promises a trendy B&B experience, with a sleek, contemporary vibe — think metal four posters and geometric rugs. A funky, adults only choice for couples or friends. The excellent concierge will point you towards all the top spots in town.
For Great Value
- Regatta Inn offers just eight guestrooms in a Federal-style house with a small patio garden. Simple yet chic, the B&B also provides beach chairs, towels and umbrellas for lovely days on the sand. Within easy reach of the town centre and the harbour. Excellent value.
- Brass Lantern Inn is a family-friendly spot in the heart of town. This pretty Greek Revival property houses confortable rooms with soothing green, grey and light blue colour schemes. Cosy up in the library, take complimentary afternoon tea on the patio and head out to explore. The two-bedroom suite is ideal for families and guests of all ages are welcome. Also great value.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Boston's Logan International Airport, and catch a short flight to Nantucket's Memorial Airport from there. Alternatively, journey to Hyannis by road or rail, and take the ferry across to Nantucket Island.
- Massachusetts is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the summer months (June to August) for the warmest weather, but do be aware that this is peak season. Come in the spring (April - May) or autumn (September - October) for fewer crowds and great hotel deals. Expect very cold winters!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Martha's Vineyard.
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Massachusetts.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Nantucket
Best Hotels in Nantucket
Regatta Inn, Nantucket Nantucket (Massachusetts) 8 rooms from £77Value chic - Fantastic value for money with doubles starting from only $99 per night.Sailing - Nearby sailing groupsRestrictions on children - Over 10s onlySeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A sophisticated bed and breakfast in a gorgeous Federal-style house with comfortable bedrooms and a nautical feel. Make yourself at home - borrow chairs, towels and umbrellas and wander down to the local beach. Spend evenings in the garden after visiting nearby restaurants. See More
Chapman House Nantucket 11 rooms from £93Active Holiday - The concierge can organise sailing lessons, sea-kayaking, whale watching, and fishing, and there are great cycle routesBack to Nature - With 80 miles of pristine beaches, beautiful lighthouses, and open, natural spaces to exploreBeach LifeRestrictions on children - Children over the age of 10 are welcome at this hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Bright and colourful hotel in Nantucket, minutes from the pristine beaches and historic harbour. The intimate rooms are chic and modern, decorated with maritime furnishings and all featuring an iPad. Set on a quaint cobblestone lane, this quiet hotel also has a lovely patio on which to relax. See More
Brass Lantern Inn Nantucket 17 rooms from £121Beach Life - Walk to many of the island's picturesque beaches, including family-orientated Children's Beach. Beach towels & parasols providedValue chic - Great value for that rare find, a Nantucket inn that welcomes the whole family (four-legged included) and boasts a fab locationLocal exploring - Perfectly located in the historic town centre, walking distance from museums, shops, restaurants, beaches & lighthousesFamilies - The two-bedroom suite is the ideal vacation home for families of all ages. Toys and equipment are provided on request
Family-friendly inn located in the heart of town, minutes from the beach. Picture-perfect 19th Greek Revival property houses fresh and contemporary rooms with soothing green, grey and blue colour-schemes. Take complimentary afternoon tea on the patio and enjoy the cosy library and lounge. See More
76 Main Nantucket 20 rooms from £124Active Holiday - There are plenty of activities on offer: swimming, kayaking, sailing, seal and whale watching, to name a fewBack to Nature - There are 80 miles of pristine beaches, beautiful lighthouses and open, natural spaces to exploreBeach LifeSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Intimate 1800s house on the Main Street of Nantucket with modern interiors and just minutes from the beach. The chic rooms are crisp and colourful with bold fabrics and wallpaper. The central courtyard featuring a firepit is perfect for relaxation after a day exploring the town and its activities. See More
Seven Sea Street Inn Nantucket 15 rooms from £127Great walks - Take a walk through the Sanford Farm Wildlife preserve down to the ocean.Sailing - Ask at the front desk about chartering a fishing or sailing trip.Views - Great views from hotelBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Quaint colonial style cottage, in the quintessential New England seaside town of Nantucket. Exposed wood beams, fourposter beds, warm tones and soft sheets make for a snug and serene setting. The small island is navigable by bike or foot, excellent for exploring! A charming and homely Inn. See More
Anchor Inn, Nantucket Nantucket 11 rooms from £130Local exploring - All of the island's attractions are within walking distance; beaches, restaurants, galleries, boutiques and cultural sitesValue chic - A great value property which is well located, beautifull decorated and bursting with historySights nearby - Explore the town's many sites, including Oldest House, Old Gaol, America’s Oldest Windmill, the Hadwen House and Greater LightGreat walks - The property can arrange a picnic at Brant Lighthouse, just a short walk from the inn
Elegant inn situated within a traditional 18th-century building. Sensitively converted rooms combine wooden floors, beamed ceilings, antique four-poster beds and oriental rugs. Enjoy library, patio & outdoor dining. Perfect for guests looking to experience Nantucket's historic charm near downtown. See More
21 Broad Nantucket 27 rooms from £130Local exploring - Explore this historic town, while staying in one of its oldest buildings with vibrant modern interiors reflecting the towns pastGreat walks - Wander through this historic town and soak up the sights and soundsViews - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
A playfully renovated Victorian hotel in the lively Broad Street neighbourhood of Nantucket. Vibrant interiors have been carefully put together as a nod at the town's nautical history while remaining firmly in the comforts and luxuries of the modern age. Whimsical and good natured, this is a winner! See More
The Veranda House Nantucket 18 rooms from £175Active Holiday - The concierge can arrange whale watching, sea-kayaking, fishing, sailing, and other aquatic adventuresBack to Nature - There are 80 miles of pristine beaches, beautiful lighthouses and open, natural spacesBeach LifeRestrictions on children - Children older than the age of 10 are welcome at this hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Contemporary hotel, a converted 1680s townhouse overlooking the Nantucket harbour. The modern rooms are chic and feature luxurious amenities. 3 levels of wraparound porches boast spectacular views of the harbour and gardens, and there are numerous activities and nautical adventures on offer. See More
Greydon House Nantucket 20 rooms from £147Romantic Break - A warm and welcoming retreat with elegant rooms offering sophisticated decor, beautiful views and a timeless charmFoodies - Michelin-starred chef Marcus Gleadow-Ware cooks up a storm of fresh as can be seafood and local produceGreat walks - You are just a two minute walk from the ferry docks, a lovely spot for an evening strollSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
A sea captain's home turned luxury boutique right in the centre of Nantucket. A treasure trove of antique furniture, Portuguese tiles and a variety of objet d'art that a whaler would have gathered on his travels. The excellent restaurant is the talk of the town and the cocktails are fabulous. See More
The Wauwinet Nantucket (Massachusetts) 32 rooms from £152Local markets - Shuttle to Nantucket town is readily avaliable.Fishing - Fishing and lobstering both can be arranged.Tennis - Tennis court on site for all guests to use.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
With a quiet Atlantic setting and private beach, spa and boat this is a fantastic hotel. Rooms are all country-style decor, pinewood furnishing, Egyptian cotton and modern bathtubs. Founded on the success of TOPPER's, which offers locally inspired dishes and a lively bar. Water activities galore! See More
Jared Coffin House Nantucket (Massachusetts) 43 rooms from £152Great walks - A fantastic place to explore by foot.Romantic - Good for couples.OpulentFull of characterRecommended by - CN Traveller
New-England red brick townhouse on an idyllic cobbled street off Main Street with a private garden. Beautiful four-poster beds and ornate rugs make up the classic style bedrooms. Restaurants, boutique shops and beaches are within walking distance. Relax in the homely library or explore the sea town. See More
Hotel Pippa Nantucket 17 rooms from £153Beach Life - Walk to numerous Nantucket white sand beaches in minutes with the property's complimentary chairs and towelsCity Style - Experience the younger upbeat side of Nantucket at this well-connected, stylish and cosmopolitan propertyLocal exploring - The central locations means that restaurants, galleries, boutiques, bars and museums are seconds awayValue chic - Fantastic value for such a sophisticated base in the heart of Nantucket
A trendy downtown boutique hotel. Decor combines a clean contemporary take on the classic nautical theme with vibrant colour pops. Stylish rooms marry mid-century furniture with a sleek feel & luxury amenities. The well-connected concierge will please hip guests looking for a lively stay. See More
The White Elephant Nantucket (Massachusetts) 66 rooms from £176Sights nearby - Main Street looks like a film set but is a reali life quaint town high street.Sailing - Is much of the daily routine for locals and guests are always welcome.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet, CN Traveller
Prime harbour location offers sea views, nautical themed interiors and light, modern rooms with wooden furnishings and private balconies. Brant Point Grill offers steak, seafood and stunning views - locally renowned. Spa treatments, complimentary afternoon sherry and sailing make up a perfect day. See More
Cliff Lodge Nantucket 12 rooms from £191Total relaxation - Spend peaceful afternoons relaxing in the flower-filled gardens with a book or exploring the tranquil neighbourhood on footLocal exploring - Laid-base low-key base well-suited to heading into town, beach days, island exploring, cultural sightseeing or watersportsGreat walks - Walk easily into town and explore the famous cobblestone Main Street with its impressive historical homes and shop frontsSights nearby - Nantuckets boasts the largest collection of 18th century buildings anywhere in the United States
Wonderfully tucked-away home-away-from-home 15 mins from the centre of town. Soothing rooms combine pastel hues with mismatched antique furniture, cosy rugs and quaint period features. Unique artwork decorates homely shared spaces perfect for downtime while the English country garden is charming. See More
The Nantucket Hotel Nantucket 46 rooms from £201Families - Make the most of family-sized suites, kiddy pool, great child equipment, kid's club and family-friendly activities in the areaBeach Life - There are five scenic white sand beaches within walking distance offering swimming, watersports, dining and shell collectingLocal exploring - The downtown area offers charming cobbled streets with historic buildings, great restaurants and shoppingSights nearby - As well as museums and historic lighthouses, make sure to climb the Bell Tower for the best views on the island
Historic New England family-friendly resort with a fresh contemporary feel. The classic cedar shingle exterior houses homely but airy rooms with a sleek muted palette, cosy linens, colourful artwork and boutique furniture. Enjoy two pools, terrace dining, kid's club and beach and harbour nearby. See More
The Cottages & Lofts Nantucket 29 rooms from £257Beach Life - Take the complimentary shuttle to many of the island's beaches with beach chairs, umbrellas, boogie boards & coolers availableFamilies - Two and three-bedroom lofts and cottages with twin beds, kitchens, living and dining areas offer ideal family accomodationPet friendly - At a rate of $59 per night, per cottage, amenities provided include beds, treats, bowls, doggie tags and special turndownRomantic Break - Book the Romance Package for cosy cottage with champagne on arrival, three-course dinner and special sunset cruise
Deluxe water-front lofts and cottages with harbour views. Fresh modern decor blends glossy nautical tones and wooden floors with contemporary prints and furnishings. Light and airy, multi-room units feature kitchens, living areas and decks. Restaurants and spa nearby. Fab for families and couples. See More
Faraway Nantucket 58 rooms from £273Beach Life - Children's Beach, Francis Street Beach, Brant Point Beach and Jetties Beach are all within 1km of the propertyGroups - Roberts House Quad comfortably sleeps four in some of the classiest bunk beds ever seenRomantic Break - Ideal for cool couples looking for beach break at a chic coastal retreatRestaurant - Sister Ship restaurant, cafe and bar offers eclectic cocktails, plush lounge setting and outdoor courtyard area
On-trend boutique hotel metres from the sea. Traditional Nantucket exterior houses sleek, magazine-worthy interiors; think retro cane furniture, tasselled armchairs & bold print wallpapers. After a day at the beach dine al fresco in a charming central courtyard lounge. Modern-day Cape Cod bolthole. See More
Life House Nantucket Nantucket 14 rooms from £290Beach Life - Nantucket's many beaches are a walk away. There's something for everyone; white sand, protected play areas, surfing and swimmingCity Style - Strictly speaking a B&B, but feels more like a private home for the distinguished traveller with shared kitchen & homely loungeLocal exploring - Walking distance from beaches, shops, restaurants, museums, lighthouses & outdoor activities. Everything is on the doorstepExclusive use - Perfect for a grown-up group rental with aims of Gatsby style cocktail parties after days spent at the beach
Federal-style mansion turned into stylish boutique base. Beautiful interiors reflect the building's rich history; cosy rooms are compact, with luxe kitsch touches and top of the range speakers, bath products & rain showers. Enjoy drinks on the sunlit terrace, leafy gardens or in the gem of a lounge. See More
Union Street Inn Nantucket 12 rooms from £417Local exploring - The central location means you're just minutes from cobblestone Main Street's restaurants and shops as well as Nantucket HarborCity Style - The place to stay on the island for those who are after magazine-style levels of interior design perfectionRomantic Break - A calm and chic oasis to return to after days on the beach, browsing boutiques or indulging in fine diningSights nearby - Walk easily to some of the island's top attractions; the Whaling Museum, Brant Point Lighthouse and Jethro Coffin House
Award-winning inn brimming with style, class and character. Grown-up suites boast antique four-posters with a restrained nautical colour-scheme. The unbeatable location means the best of Nantucket is on the doorstep; an impressive concierge will open doors all over the island. A couple's paradise. See More
Harborview Nantucket Nantucket 11 rooms from £515Families - With up to four bedrooms, cottages suit families of all sizes. Older children will love the loft-style beds accessed by ladderLocal exploring - Boasts prime beach location while only two blocks from downtown Nantucket with its shops, restaurants and galleriesBeach Life - Nantucket offers beaches suited to swimming, surfing, watersports and families - almost all walking distanceRomantic Break - Check into the Water's Edge cottage for panoramic views, privacy and cosy fireplace; a real love nestRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Exclusive self-catering cottages with direct beach access. Stylish decor blends a fresh all-white colour scheme with elegant coastal-chic furniture; some rooms have balconies & fireplaces. Expansive manicured lawns with sea views are divine. Works equally well for grown-up romance or family breaks. See More