- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best Lake Como Hotels for an Active Break
Lake Como’s beautiful turquoise waters are just waiting to be swum in. Or sailed, rowed or kayaked across. The shores are just asking to be strolled around, and the hills and mountains rising right out of the lake are just perfect for hiking - and there’s a great range of trails and summits, enough to keep you going for weeks. So, as well as being glamourous and beautiful, Lake Como is also a great backdrop for an active holiday. And some of the best Lake Como hotels for an active break are also iconic, traditional Lake Como gems.
If you’re looking for the best Lake Como hotels for an active break with your family, then consider staying in Menaggio, which is a great base for hiking, biking, water skiing, horse riding and swimming. Plus there’s an 18 hole golf course close by. Bellagio is probably the glamorous Lake Como favourite, but with its swimming, water skiing, sailing, horse riding and hiking opportunities it’s also where you’ll find some of the best Lake Como hotels for an active break for couples. For the best swimming try the northern towns of Domaso and Gravedona where the beaches are uncrowded and the water is pristine.
The Best Lake Como Hotels for an Active Break
The Best Traditional Lake Como Hotels for an Active Break
- Bellagio’s opulent Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is an elegant grande dame, with all the trappings of old fashioned luxury. Think doric columns, beautiful antiques, frescoed ceilings, grand sun terraces, spectacular lake views - of course - and a Michelin starred restaurant. They also have a private boat and excellent facilities for watersports.
- The supremely elegant Grand Hotel Tremezzo has 89 rooms right on the water’s edge, and five stars worth of beautifully understated interiors plus generous sun terraces, an excellent restaurant and spa and parklands surrounding the hotel. Plus, one of the pools actually floats on the lake!
The Most Romantic Lake Como Hotels for an Active Break
- The Relais Villa Vittoria in Laglio is a wonderfully romantic hotel, right on the edge of the lake. As well as beautiful views, this hotel has 11 delicately sumptuous rooms, an excellent restaurant, and peaceful terraces overlooking the water. The villa’s facilities mean that this is the perfect destination for people who like to keep active and busy, but the romantic atmosphere means that it’s also ideal for a honeymoon.
- If you're looking for ultimate luxury with all the facilities you could imagine, in a truly glorious setting, the Casta Diva Resort and Spa is perfect. Naturally it's five stars, and its two restaurants are excellent. But it also has a wonderful floating swimming pool, and a subterranean spa hewn into the rock of the shoreline. Perfect for relaxing in after a long, adventurous day.
The Best Value Lake Como Hotels for an Active Break
- Lezzeno’s Nest on the Lake is a charming little lakeside B&B with five rooms and self-catering apartments. Bedrooms have four-poster beds and private terraces and there are lovely sun decks to share. They’ll also rent you a bike or a canoe. And all for under £100 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best Lake Como hotels for an active break might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Como,
- or refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Como,
- or the best hotels on Lake Como for foodies?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Relais Villa Vittoria 11 rooms from $183Laglio
Utterly romantic hotel on the edge of Lake Como. Spectacular views, delicately sumptuous rooms, excellent restaurant and terraces, and plenty to do on the lake. Honeymooners would be in heaven!Views - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoHoneymoonsWellbeingRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni 95 rooms from $298Bellagio
Opulent largesse and Five Star luxury at this elegant grand hotel. Bedrooms and suites have frescoed ceilings, Doric columns, and antique furniture. Michelin-run restaurant, spa, terraces, spectacular views of the lake, and a private boat to take you onto it. Romantic, pampering, historic.HoneymoonsRomantic Break5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Grand Hotel Tremezzo 89 rooms from $329Tremezzo
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands.Views - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountains5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Romantic BreakTotal relaxationRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Casta Diva Resort & Spa 73 rooms from $505Blevio
A Five Star luxury spa hotel on Lake Como. Sprawling villas house magnificent rooms, a huge spa, and two gourmet restaurants. The floating swimming pool extends into the lake. A great choice for total pampering and relaxation.Spa - Subterranean spa hewn from the lakeside rockFoodiesViews - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Nest on the Lake 5 rooms from $126Lezzeno
An adorable lakeside B&B with rooms and self-catering apartments. Elegant bedrooms have four poster beds and private terraces. Lovely sun deck and bikes and canoes to rent. Great value for families, groups or couples.Views - Wonderful views over Lake ComoValue chicSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close byKayaking - Rent one of the B&B's canoes