Search the best hotels in Lake Como
About Lake Como
The moment when you zoom out of the tunnel from Milan and Lake Como dazzles before you is one that many talk about for months afterwards. Visitors wax lyrical about the pristine waters, the backdrop of mountains and charming, orange-coloured towns along the shoreline, and you can tell it’s love! The accommodations in this area can be pretty spectacular too. The best places to stay in Lake Como range from seriously opulent pillared palazzos, to traditional five star hotels and lakeside grande dames; and from hillside hotels with incredible panoramic views, to waterfront charmers. There’s plenty of choice if you’re looking for a family-friendly hotel, or a B&B too — in short, there really is something for all tastes and budgets.
Some of our Lake Como collections:
- The 10 Best Hotels on Lake Como for Foodies
- The 10 Best Value Hotels on Lake Como
- The 8 Best Lake Como hotels for an Active Break
- The 8 Best Luxury Hotels on Lake Como
- The 10 Best Budget Hotels on Lake Como
- Best Hotel Views on Lake Como
- Best Hotels for Families on Lake Como
- Lake Como's best B&Bs
Many report how resistant to spoiling the region feels, saying that Lake Como’s popularity and visitor numbers seem not to phase the well dressed locals, who give off the impression that it’s always been thus, and definitely the feel that this is a working region not a tourist trap. This impression of longevity and continuity can be seen in the hospitality establishments too; there are several hotels that have been in the same family for more than two hundred years.
When it comes to making a shortlist of which of Lake Como destinations to prioritise, you’re spoilt for choice by the shoreline dotted with pretty towns. Bellagio is exquisite, George Clooney champions Laglio and Tremezzo, and Menaggio is beautiful too. Varenna is a quiet old fishing village, and a good choice if you’re watching your wallet; elegant Como is the region’s capital, and right next door is Cernobbio. Lecco is Lake Como's other major town, but there are plenty of smaller hamlets worth considering, including Blevio and Lezzeno.
However blasé the locals appear about the tourist influx, don't forget that this region is exceptionnally busy during the peak summer months. So if you want to guarantee a room in one of the best places to stay in Lake Como, you'll need to get organised and book well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay on Lake Como
For a Special Occasion
- The Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como is an incredibly grand looking spa hotel right on the waterfront, with elegant, historic buildings rising up behind it on a lush hillside. Converted from a number of opulent villas, there’s plenty of luxury remaining in the 73 rooms and suites, and grand communal areas. In addition you'll find two gourmet restaurants, a subterranean spa hewn into the rocky shoreline, an indoor pool, and an outdoor pool that floats on top of the lake. There’s plenty of scope for families, but also plenty of opportunity for romance.
- The Villa d'Este is a traditional five star hotel, the kind with grand state rooms and ballrooms, suites as big as an apartment, and glorious gardens and restaurant terraces. The colour scheme is regal, the fabrics rich, and the chandeliers glitter in the sun streaming in from private balconies. The hotel also has a fleet of private boats, which you can catch from the private jetty, alongside the fabulous pool that floats on the lake. This is classic Lake Como grandeur, and perfect for a special occasion.
For the Views
- The Grand Hotel Tremezzo, in Tremezzo, has one of the best views on the lake; across the water from here you can see Bellagio in the foreground, and Varenna behind and to the left. If you turn around you’ll be pretty impressed too, for the Grand Hotel Tremezzo is pretty grand: tall and impressive, with rows of Juliet balconies and great walls of windows marking out the restaurants and bars. All in it has 89 rooms and suites, decorated with five-stars worth of luxury. Plus generous sun terraces, an excellent restaurant and spa, lush gardens, and a pool that floats on the lake.
- The Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni is another ‘properly’ grand Grand Hotel, complete with frescoes, murals, heavy gilt, vast fireplaces, marble pillars and huge chandeliers — and sometimes all in the same room. It also boasts a ballroom, and a pool right above the water. In fact it’s got two pools, tennis courts and a spa. Don't miss the incredible glass-walled restaurant, which also has a Michelin star. There’s a terrace too, but the lake views from the restaurant allow guests to soak the beauty in almost constantly.
- Il Sereno could be considered the contemporary version of a grand hotel, where all the details are gorgeous, in the contemporary sense, and there’s a focus on individual space and pleasures rather than grand communal ones. Il Sereno has just 30 rooms and suites, stacked neatly, so that their huge glass fronts all open out onto the lake, and they all have incredible private balcony views. The restaurant is just as fantastic as the hotels above, but in a less opulent setting, and the pool is smaller, but so is the number of rooms. Perfect for contemporary honeymooners.
For Waterside Charm
- The Villa Flori is right on the water’s edge at Cernobbio, cleverly designed in a broad horseshoe shape, so that all of its 53 rooms and suites have water views from private balconies (some of the suites have spacious terraces). The Italian restaurant has a classic menu, brought to life by a great chef, and a prime lake-view too, and tables that spill out in front of it, all the way to the water’s edge.
- The Hotel Florence offers affordable elegance in sophisticated Bellagio. The name is mirrored by the interiors, which have the colours and details of Renaissance Florence, but without all the flounces, and the 27 rooms and suites are comfortably stylish. Our favourite rooms have private balconies too. The Hotel Florence has been in the same family for more than a hundred years and they’ve had a long time to hone their hospitality skills, which are really excellent. Expect gourmet cuisine in the restaurant, and on the wisteria-shaded terrace, and a personalised touch.
For Italian Charm
- Ronco Dell’Abate is a wonderfully authentic pick: a four room B&B converted from a villa in a quiet part of Como. While the villa’s exterior appears modest, aside from the fresco, the interiors recall a magically opulent heyday of design, with ornate parquet, wood panelling, gorgeous tiles and the furniture to match. Its four rooms have bags of charm and history, and for the right people this accommodation will elevate their visit to Lake Como to the sublime.
- Also in Como, but on a larger scale, the Vista Palazzo showcases more contemporary Italian charm and design, with some seriously magazine-worthy interiors and a gorgeous palace-villa exterior. Everything is bespoke and intimately designed, from the parquet to the velvet armchairs, and the service is just as personalised. The location, close to the water and Como’s historic centre, is difficult to top, and the restaurant is extremely memorable.
- The Albergo Milano is a great value choice for families. It’s small and very charming, with just 14 rooms, suites and apartments sleeping up to five, all simply and comfortably decorated, but with a configuration to suit most families. There’s not a huge amount of space, but it’s very well laid out, and that includes the charming restaurant and gorgeous sun terrace with incredible lake views.
- La Locanda del Cantiere started off as a boathouse, which explains its unusual exterior, private jetty, and proximity to the lake, but now this terrace of six peaked ‘sheds’ has become a row of six contemporary rooms and suites, plus a fabulous Italian restaurant. The reimagining of the space includes plenty of glass, exposed stone and skylights. Some of the suites are family-sized.
- Bellagio’s Hotel Belvedere is wonderfully positioned, on a slight hill overlooking one of Bellagio’s marinas. The heated infinity pool and garden terraces all have wonderful lake views, as do some of the 64 rooms, suites and apartments. Decor is simple and contemporary, with parquet floors and neutral colours, but it’s the variation in size and shape of the rooms that we really like about them. We also appreciate the personal touches that come from this being a family business that has survived since 1880.
For an Intimate Escape
- The Villa Lario is an elegant villa turned all-suite hotel overlooking the shore of Lake Como. Just five suites make up the property, two corner suites have their own wrap-around balconies, and are our favourites. The decor is part of the charm, simple and elegant, with lots of light from large windows, and a show of some of the villa’s original features. The restaurant serves modern Italian cuisine, and there’s a small private jetty.
- The Palazzo Albricci Peregrini in Como offers an opportunity to see some of Lake Como’s graceful architecture up close. The palazzo is elegant, complete with gorgeous tiles, high ceilings, ornate fireplaces and the remnants of frescoes, but it’s been imaginatively converted into a contemporary collection of six rooms and suites, so you get the benefits of modern plumbing. There’s no restaurant, but the homemade breakfast is a highlight.
- Laglio’s Relais Villa Vittoria is a small and wonderfully romantic hotel right on the water’s edge — in fact there’s an infinity pool that almost appears to cascade into the lake. The views are spectacular, from the pool and terraced gardens, from the restaurant terrace, and from most of the 11 rooms and suites with their private balconies. The decor oozes contemporary luxury, though some of the rooms have wonderful original features and some also have four-poster beds.
- The Filario Hotel is just the right size for a couples' escape, and with just the right facilities. It offers incredible views, especially from the infinity pool, and the 13 contemporary rooms and suites boast large, comfortable furniture, spacious bathrooms and huge windows. Just below the infinity pool there’s a private pebble beach, and beside it is the restaurant terrace serving delicious, traditional Italian fare.
For Great Value
- The Albergo Olivedo is a gorgeous little townhouse hotel right across from the water in Varenna. It’s been owned by the same family for four generations, and its ten rooms have a really authentic feel of Lake Como. You can expect stone or parquet floors, a cheerful colour scheme, big windows and private balconies, and an authentic restaurant too. Totally charming.
- Varenna also has the Hotel du Lac, which is also right on the lake, and family-owned and run. Its 16 rooms are simply and comfortably decorated with antiques, and most have a private balcony or terrace, and lake views. There’s also a lovely large dining terrace and an airy restaurant that juts out over the lake. The location is perfect for exploring.
- Also in Varenna, the Casa Contrada Bella is a small and chic option, with just three stylish rooms that make the most of the villa-conversion’s original charms. Two of the rooms have small kitchenettes, and the third has a balcony. There are plenty of places to eat and drink in the charming streets around the Casa, and there’s a great beach close by too.
- La Canarina B&B is a charming bed and breakfast in the heart of Como, with just two simple, airy bedrooms overlooking a beautiful private garden, only 200 metres from the lake. The decor is classical, with wooden floorboards and antique wrought iron beds, and it’s very affordable and peaceful.
- The B&B Vista Lago is another small, quiet, child-free B&B just up the hill from Como. As the name suggests, the lake views are beautiful! and each of the three rooms has its own private sun terrace for enjoying them from. The decor is simple and contemporary, and the atmosphere romantic.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Lake Como is between international airports: Milan’s Linate and Malpensa are just under an hour and a half away by car — depending on which part of the lake you’re staying on, of course — or about two and a half hours away by public transport (train to Como station and then a bus onwards). Verona-Villafranca, is about two and a half hours away by road, or four and a half by public transport via Milan and Brescia-Montichiari is about the same, also via Milan, and these options are definitely better if you’re staying on the eastern shore.
- If you want to hire a car — which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Lake Como and want to explore further afield — we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Lake Como has a milder climate than its surrounds, its great body of water helps regulate the temperature, and allows for sub-tropical plants like grapevines and olive trees to grow throughout the year. In winter does get chilly, and in summer it can be humid, but broadly speaking it has some of the best weather conditions in Europe. April through to October are the busiest months for visitors, warm and sunny, perfect for a lake break. The water of the lake even heats up during summer, and can get to 20°C come July! So if you are visiting at this time it’s worth booking as much as you can in advance.
Still not sure where to stay?
- Refine your search to our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels with a view on Lake Como, the best luxury hotels on Lake Como, the best hotels for families on Lake Como or the best value hotels on Lake Como
- Or you could search by location, and seek out the best places to stay in Como, or the best places to stay in Bellagio for example.
- You may also want to consider expanding your search to include Lake Garda, Lake Iseo, Lake Orta, Lake Lugano or Lake Maggiore
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Lake Como
Best Hotels in Lake Como
Locanda Osteria Marascia Calolziocorte (Lake Como) 5 rooms from CA$124Value chic - With doubles from just €80 per night including breakfast, these smart rooms are excellent valueLocal exploring - Great location for exploring the Italian LakesGreat walks - Parco Regionale di Montevecchia e della Valle del Curone. There are good routes for all abilitiesSights nearby - Spend a day in Milan
Located in a quiet village just a short drive from Lake Como. This traditional hotel has a charming rustic chic feel with exposed beams, stone walls and antiques galore. The fantastic cellar restaurant serves home-made Italian dishes - the host's recipes have been perfected over five generations! See More
Nest on the Lake Lezzeno 5 rooms from CA$161Hideaway - The lakeside property feels secluded and quiet, perfect to get away from it allLocal exploring - Located an easy boat ride to Varenna and other attractionsViews - Wonderful views over Lake ComoSights nearby - Some of Como's most spectacular villas are very close by
Hotel Villa Aurora Lezzeno 22 rooms from CA$161Groups - The property has two separate well-equipped apartments (both sleeping up to 7) which are ideal for small groups or familiesLocal exploring - Well positioned on Lake Como with Comacina Island, the splendid Villa Balbianello, and Lezzeno nearbyHistoric - The building dates back to the 20th century and has remained in the Gregorio family since 1965Great walks - Walk from Lezzeno to Alpe dei Picett along the pretty hiking trail that runs around the lake
A historic small hotel set on Lake Como's shores. Rooms and apartments are simply styled with wooden floors, soft hues, and lovely lake views (the best have balconies). A terraced restaurant serves healthy Italian fare and pizzas. A laidback family-owned base well suited to families or couples. See More
La Canarina B&B Como 2 rooms from CA$167Local exploring - Located in the centre of Como, you're ideally placed to explore on foot.Value chic - Beautiful rooms from just €95 per night B&B.Great walks - Travel up the Funicular and enjoy walks overlooking the lakeSights nearby - Como Cathedral is just minutes away
A charming bed and breakfast in the heart of Como. Bedrooms are simple and airy with natural wooden floorboards and antique wrought iron beds, all overlooking a beautiful private garden. A good location to explore Como on foot with plenty to see from the doorstep and just 200m from the lake. See More
Como Luxury Rooms Lake Como 2 rooms from CA$174Local exploring - Great location in the heart of Como Old Town - ideal for exploring on foot, or easy access to the lake and its boats.Value chic - This sleek property has two rooms with a very reasonable price tag which includes breakfastContemporary - Sleek contemporary rooms are decorated in cool greysGreat walks - Ride the Funicolare to scenic walking routes
A boutique guest house with sleek modern bedrooms decorated in cool grey colours. An ideal base in the heart of Como Old Town - plenty to explore on the doorstep. Breakfast can be enjoyed in one of the many cafes on the street and coffee is provided in the room. Simplicity at its finest. See More
Casa Contrada Bella Varenna 3 rooms from CA$190Romantic Break - A superb location, cosy rooms and suites and no children allowed make this ideal for romance!Groups - With just three rooms, this is a good choice if you want to rent out a place in its entiretyValue chic - Stylish rooms which start from just €130 per nightSights nearby - Situated in the historical centre of Varenna. 14th Century Church - Chiesa di San Giorgio is very close by
A small guest house with three charming bedrooms - wrought iron bed heads, exposed wooden beams, exposed stone wall. Two with a small kitchenette and one with a balcony. Restaurants within walking distance and the beach is just steps away. A great value base for exploring the area. See More
Casa Sull'Albero Malgrate 12 rooms from CA$208Active Holiday - From skiing to horse riding or mountain biking, there's plenty to do in the surrounding areaTotal relaxation - Surrounded by parkland with lake views this is the perfect spot to come and unwindBack to Nature - Floor to ceiling glass walls bring the outside - insideSkiing - There's ski resorts a short drive away
Set in a scenic garden of tall trees with panoramic views of Lake Como. This modern villa has chic, contemporary bedrooms with floor to ceiling windows decorated in a minimalist style. Guests are invited to treat this as their home - come and go as they please and enjoy the honesty kitchen. See More
Tenuta De L'Annunziata Lake Como 21 rooms from CA$219Spa breaks - The extensive spa is worthy of a visit alone; relax in the Turkish bath before booking in for a treatmentFoodies - Sample exceptional Italian fine dining created using produce from the farmSights nearby - Make a trip to the quaint town of Cernobbio, located on the shores of Lake Como, yet not as touristy as towns on the other sideGreat walks - Take the Bioenergetic self-guided woods walk through the property's estate
Albergo Milano Varenna 14 rooms from CA$219Charming - Pick this property for a tradional stay, the oldest part of the building dates back to the 17th centuryFamilies - With 3 apartments sleeping up to 5 people, this is a great choice for families or small groupsOwner managed - The friendly owners, Bettina and Egidio, often greet their guests personallyLakeside - Take the short stroll down to the lake and go for a swimRecommended by - Sawdays
Albergo Olivedo Varenna 10 rooms from CA$225Local exploring - Well located just 5 minutes from Varenna's pretty centre made up of winding cobbled streetsElegant - Traditional interiors see large sash windows, parquet flooring and antiquesSailing - Set on the Varenna jetty, this is a great base to explore the lake by boatOwner managed - Owned by the same family for four generationsRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel Florence Bellagio 27 rooms from CA$234Romantic Break - Cruise on the lake or stroll through the countryside before unwinding in the small spa, perfect activities for a romantic breakFoodies - Dine on gourmet Italian dishes set on a pretty wisteria-shaded lakeside terraceOwner managed - The property has been in the same family for the past 100 yearsViews - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoRecommended by - CN Traveller
Casa Santo Stefano Cernobbio 4 rooms from CA$240Romantic Break - Just four smart rooms with their own sitting areas and some with a terrace, this is a perfect spot for a romantic hideawayHideaway - The property has a hands-off approach to service making this feel like you are in your own homeCountry Escape - Find chic Scandinavian interiors in this pretty rural spot tucked away above CernobbioViews - Stunning views over Lake Como
Casa Santo Stefano is an elegant, adults only guest house decorated in modern style with four chic guest rooms. Each has a small private lounge area and some have balconies with lake views. Unwind by the pool after a day exploring the surrounding area, and help yourself to the honesty bar! See More
B&B Vista Lago Como 3 rooms from CA$256Romantic Break - With only three smart bedrooms, and no kids allowed, plus views to die for from your private terrace, it's perfect for romanticsLocal exploring - You can hire bikes or cars at the property, so it's an ideal base for exploring further afieldGreat walks - On the edge of Parco Regionale Spina Verde di Como, with fantastic walking on the doorstepSights nearby - Just outside Como and easy access to the best local sights.
This quiet B&B, set in the hills above Lake Como offers guests spacious, modern bedrooms, each with a private sun terrace and panoramic lake views. With just three rooms and no kids allowed, it is ideal for a romantic break or as a base for exploring the surrounding area. See More
La Locanda del Cantiere Laglio 6 rooms from CA$263Boutique - Having undergone a complete renovation, this once boatyard is now a chic boutique hotel with smart contemporary designShort break - Easily accessible from Milan's airports — this is a great choice for a quick getawayActive Holiday - Whether you want to kayak, motor boat, hike or cycle — there is plenty to do locallySailing - The property has its own private yacht/boat pier for those who want to hire a boat for their stay
A chic boutique hotel set in a converted boathouse on the shores of Lake Como. The six rooms are contemporary in design with neutral hues, high ceilings, plenty of glass, and simple modern furniture. There's a fabulous Italian restaurant on the terrace and a pier to park your boat! A stylish stay. See More
Hotel du Lac Varenna Varenna (Lake Como) 16 rooms from CA$293Romantic Break - Draw back the curtains in the morning for unforgettable views of Lake ComoBack to Nature - Hills, lakes and stunning countryside on your doorstepSights nearby - Spend the day exploring nearby VeronaGreat walks - Enjoy walking in the nearby hills
A charming lakeside hotel with 16 comfortable air-conditioned bedrooms - some with lake views and private balconies. The hotel has a peaceful terrace overlooking the lake with a lovely shaded dining area. A family run property and the number one spot to explore the local area. See More
Relais Villa Vittoria Laglio 11 rooms from CA$307Weddings - Receptions and intimate marriages are regularly held here and can cater for up to 68 seated guestsTotal relaxation - Spend days lounging in the infinity pool overlooking the lake and mountains or unwind in the spaLocal exploring - Just a short paddle from the village of LaglioViews - Breathtaking views over Lake ComoRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Villa Flori Cernobbio 53 rooms from CA$317Cycling - Bike storage is provided and guests can either take an easy amble around the lake or head into the mountainsElegant - Beautifully mixing original stuccoes, floral frescoes and wooden floors alongside chic contemporary touchesFoodies - Ristorante Raimondi offers excellent Italian al fresco diningRomantic - A fairytale setting and rooms to match!
Hotel Belvedere, Bellagio Bellagio 64 rooms from CA$432Views - From its elevated position above Bellagio, the Belvedere enjoys fabulous lake views.Local exploring - A great base for exploring Lake Como and the surrounding area.Spa - With Turkish Bath, sauna and comfort zone with stunning mountain views, plus wide range of beauty, body and massage treatmentsRestaurant - Delicious Italian cuisine can be enjoyed either in the Verandah restaurant or outside on the terrace
Set back on a gorgeous hillside, this peaceful retreat has been run by one family for five generations. Enjoy the secluded garden spots shaded by olive trees and the heated infinity pool with a view. Elegant bedrooms and apartments with parquet flooring and Italian furnishings. A beautiful spot. See More
Filario Hotel Lezzeno 13 rooms from CA$468Total relaxation - With its private beach, infinity pool with a view, delicious Italian food and super stylish rooms, there's no need to move!Foodies - Authentic Italian cuisine served either in the stylish restaurant or on the terrace overlooking the lakeSelf catering to rent - The property features a range of one to three bedroom properties - ideal for families or small groupsLakeside - Lake Como - with private beach area
A super stylish design hotel with an outdoor infinity pool and private beach area on Lake Como. Bedrooms are decorated in cool earth tones with modern amenities and large showers. Restaurant with terrace overlooking the lake serves trad Italian fare. A chic spot in an excellent lakeside location. See More
Palazzo Albricci Peregrini 22100 Como CO 6 rooms from CA$512Romantic Break - Set in a romantic and elegantly furnished old palazzo in the town, this is an ideal romantic hideaway close to tourist hotspotsSights nearby - In Como head to the cathedral and the Basilica di Sant’Abbondio; on the shores visit Villa Serbelloni and Villa BalbianelloSailing - Take a boat ride on Lake Como with one of the any boat companies and explore its beautiful shores and townsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
A tranquil boutique hotel set around a pretty courtyard garden. Elegant interiors feature bare brickwork and fine furniture, with local artwork and ornaments from around the world. Expect fine Frette linen in the high-ceilinged rooms painted in muted tones. The homemade breakfast is a highlight. See More
Ronco Dell'Abate Como 4 rooms from CA$593Full of character - Barely changed, this grand house is filled with an eclectic melange of furnishings dating back to a variety of erasRomantic Break - With atmospheric bedrooms, an adult-only atmosphere, and just four rooms — this is an intimate choice for couplesHideaway - Set in an authentic and peaceful Como neighbourhood away from the tourist crowdsSights nearby - Visit some of Como's famed attractions such as Basilica of Saint Addondio and Como Cathedral
Set in an authentic and quiet Como neighbourhood, this grand B&B (with just 4 rooms) offers bags of history and charm. Once the home of an intellect and politician, there's a serious wood-panelled library and the whole property is packed to the rafters with antiques and artworks. A unique city stay. See More
Albergo Terminus Hotel Como 50 rooms from CA$594Antiques - Expect Art Nouveau furnishings, delicate stucco decorations on the walls, and muted paintings of the Lombard 20th centuryHistoric - The elegant building was built in the 1900s and was originally the thermal spa of the nearby Grand Hotel PliniusRomantic Break - With lake views, candlelit dining, and atmospheric rooms this is an undeniably romantic destinationRestaurant - Seasonal Italian dishes are served in The Ristorante del Terminus
A grand luxury hotel dating back to the 1900s and boasting a fabulous lakefront position in Como. Elegant tooms keep their original charm with floor-to-ceiling windows, rich fabrics, and Art Noveau furnishings. The seasonal Italian restaurant is a romantic spot. Ideal for a couples' getaway. See More
Villa Lario Pognana Lario, Lake Como 5 rooms from CA$717Romantic Break - Gorgeous suites, stunning views, lakeside location and delicious Italian food......It's all here!Local exploring - Ideal luxury base for exploring Lake Como and the surrounding areaViews - Stunning views over Lake Como to the mountains beyondGreat walks - There are great walks for all levels of fitness in the surrounding countryside
Chic Italian architecture meets modern luxury. Elegant all suite accommodation (two corner suites with wrap around balconies), right on Lake Como's shore. Enjoy watersports from the private jetty or relax by the elegant infinity pool. A fine Italian restaurant and stylish lounge complete the picture See More
Grand Hotel Tremezzo Tremezzo 89 rooms from CA$878Spa breaks - T-spa specialises in anti-stress and rebalancing treatments, all custom-designed with ESPAOutstanding location - Set right on Lake Como and commanding spectacular views, this property is hard to beatFoodies - Dine in the superb La Terrazza which serves traditional gourmet Italian fareViews - Wonderful views of Bellagio and the Grigne mountainsRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Five Star Luxury from a Grand Hotel on the water's edge of Lake Como. Elegant interiors are understated, rather than overly lavish. Glossy parquet floors, brightly coloured walls, a mixture of contemporary and Baroque furniture, spectacular views from terraces. Excellent restaurant, spa, parklands. See More
Grand Hotel Villa Serbelloni Bellagio (CO) 95 rooms from CA$904Foodies - There are two restaurants (both good), the best of which is Michelin-starred and serves sophisticated Italian molecular cuisineFamilies - Families are welcome here and there are plenty of great facilities onsite including the superb indoor pool with slidesGrand Hotel - Grand interiors include marble columns and staircases, antique Persian rugs, trompe l'oeil, and Murano chandeliersHistoric - A Neo-classical building originally built as a luxurious holiday villa for an aristocratic Milanese family in 1852
An opulent and historic villa set in a prime location in Bellagio on the shores of Lake Como. Grand interiors boast antiques, Persian rugs, Murano chandeliers and frescoed ceilings. With a Michelin starred restaurant, two pools, a tennis court, and a spa — you'll wish for nothing here. See More
Villa d'Este Cernobbio 152 rooms from CA$1010Garden - Set amid 25 acres of park including manicured gardens which feature magnificent fountains, grand terraces, and trimmed topiaryFoodies - The restaurant is a smart affair (there's a dress code). It served impeccible Italian fine-diningActive Holiday - There's plenty to keep everyone busy here from trekking to SUP or tennisElegant - Complete with glittering chandeliers and traditional art worksRecommended by - CN Traveller, Tablet
Mandarin Oriental, Lake Como Blevio 73 rooms from CA$1024Elegant - A grand 19th century villa decorated with that signiture Asian style of the Mandarin Oriental groupFamilies - Interconnecting rooms make this a great choice for those travelling with childrenTotal relaxation - With a glorious spa and quiet location this is a place to come and truly unwindHotel boats for hire - Take a cruise across the lake on one of the property's boatsRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Il Sereno Torno 30 rooms from CA$1097Honeymoons - This slice of paradise is the ideal spot for that extra special honeymoon. A pampering hotel in an unforgettable location.Romantic Break - Stunning accommodation, beautiful views and exquisite cuisine make Il Sereno a great destination for a romantic breakFoodies - Michelin star chef Andrea Berton is in charge of Il Sereno's menu- guaranteed to please!Great walks - Head along the banks of the lakes or if you're feeling more adventurous then tackle the many mountain hikes all around the areaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Situated in Torno on the banks of Lake Como, Il Sereno offers luxurious designer suites boasting breathtaking views. Sit out on the terrace enjoying exquisite modern Italian cuisine from the restaurant! Head off on a boat tour and explore the area. An enchanting and romantic spot. See More
Vista Palazzo Como 18 rooms from CA$1368Local exploring - Well positioned in Piazza Cavour which is located right on Lake Como's waterfront and a short stroll from the historic centreBoutique - An intimate stay with bespoke furniture, limited rooms, and personalised serviceSailing - The hotel organises private boat tours of the lake in stylish mahogany Riva boatsRestaurant - Creative Italian dishes are served in the intimate fourth floor restaurantRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A luxury boutique hotel offering an idyllic location on Lake Como, just moments from Como's historic centre. Beautifully styled rooms and suites feature bespoke furniture, elegant wooden floors, and velvet armchairs. With personalised service and an intimate restaurant, this is a luxurious base. See More