Great Hotels in Chamonix
Chamonix’s popularity stems from the huge range of ski terrain, with plenty to suit all abilities, and its easy accessibility from Geneva - it’s just 90minutes away. So our Guru’s list of the best hotels in Chamonix has plenty of choice for families, ski weekenders or luxury lovers.
And our selection of the best hotels in Chamonix features a range of properties in the Mont Blanc region covering all the resorts of the Chamonix Valley, from the Labrador - right beside Chamonix's golf course, to Le Jeu de Paume, a traditionally decorated charmer with an excellent restaurant and its own mini après-ski scene.
The Best Hotels in Chamonix for Views of Mont Blanc
For many people the highlight of a visit to Chamonix is the view from the Aiguille du Midi cable car, as you head towards perpendicular cliffs. For some it's the view from the top of Mont Blanc, a breathtaking vista of Alps.
- For stunning views of Mont Blanc book a charmingly traditional room in the ten room Auberge du Bois Prin, just 300metres from the Brevent-Flegere piste.
- Or try L' Hermitage, which is centrally located, but the views - from your private terrace - will astound,
- or the Hotel Oustalet, another traditional hotel with a chalet feel. Just a few steps from the Aiguille du Midi cable car, this hotel also has lovely, sunny terraces.
The Best Hotels in Chamonix for Ski Purists
Chamonix has a lot to offer advanced skiers looking for a challenge, but there’s also plenty for intermediates, and Les Houches and Le Tour provide ideal pistes for beginners, with plenty of opportunities to progress.
- If you want no fuss or frills, Les Lanchers is one of the best hotels in Chamonix for you. Simple and contemporary, this hotel has private balconies and mountain views.
The Best Hotels in Chamonix for a Ski Weekend
Chamonix doesn’t really offer doorstep skiing, but each area provides more than enough to keep everyone happy for at least a day, so once you have arrived at your chosen spot there is no need to do anything but ski.
- If you want to be close to the lifts The Eden is one of the best hotels in Chamonix for you - just 100m from the Flegere cable car.
The Best Hotels in Chamonix for Après-ski
Chamonix town is busy and bustling, the hub of the valley, with all the facilities you could wish for - from numerous bars and restaurants to suit all pockets, to a sports centre, cinema and casino.
- If your idea of the best hotels in Chamonix involves luxury, then you’ll appreciate the five stars worth of grand 19th Century hotel at the Hotel Mont Blanc, a luxuriously chic option with a very Bond-esque bar.
- Or, if you want to be in the thick of things, one of the best hotels in Chamonix is Le Hameau Albert 1er, just 2mins from the pedestrianised centre of town. Its restaurant has two Michelin stars, and it has an excellent bar and spa.
If there's nothing to fit the bill in our Guru’s selection of the best hotels in Chamonix, we have more just down the road in Megéve, or consider our Guru’s:
- Top hotels for Family Ski Holidays,
- Best Budget Ski Hotels,
- Best Hotels in Les Trois Vallées,
- Best Ski Weekend Hotels,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Le Labrador Les Praz de Chamonix 35 rooms from £87Golf - Right on Chamonix's golf course.SkiingSpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Le Jeu de Paume Chamonix (Le Lavancher) 29 rooms from £121SkiingViews - Great views up to Argentiere and over the Chamonix peaksSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Traditionnally decorated with wood galore yet all modern comforts plus extras including swimming pool, sauna and hammam. Great views both up to Argentiere and down to Chamonix and ideally situated for skiers being midway between the two. Well respected "Le Rosebud" restaurant. See More
Hotel Eden, Chamonix Les Praz de Chamonix 31 rooms from £84Skiing - 100m from the cable car. Ski back to the village.Active HolidayViews - Views of the Chamonix Valley and Mont Blanc
L' Hermitage Chamonix 25 rooms from £129SkiingFamiliesGroupsViews - Stunning views of the surrounding mountains
Hotel Oustalet Chamonix 15 rooms from £100Skiing - Stone's throw from the Aiguille du Midi cable carSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolTraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Auberge du Bois Prin Chamonix 10 rooms from £170Skiing - Huge range of skiing including the famous Vallee BlancheRestaurant - Michelin starred diningGreat walks - 350km of waymarked trails in the surrounding area.Traditional
Le Hameau Albert 1er Chamonix 33 rooms from £195SkiingSpa - Offering full range of massages and body treatments.Swimming Pool - Indoor/Outdoor pool facing Mont BlancViews - Superb views of Mont BlancRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, I Escape
Hotel Slalom Les Houches, NOT TO SHOW 10 rooms from £86SkiingKayaking - Available locally.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel Mont Blanc, Chamonix Chamonix 40 rooms from £208Skiing - The hotel operates a free shutttle bus to the slopes5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Active HolidayWellbeing
A grand 19th century hotel renovation with Five Stars, a gourmet restaurant, and luxurious spa. Traditional elements - black and white chequered floors, and high ceilings with huge windows - blend with contemporary design for classic chic effect. A spoiling hotel for a ski holiday. See More