The 15 Best Family Hotels in Rome
Italy has long been a firm favourite with families and Rome is the perfect city destination for a family getaway as it is the kind of city where kids are welcomed into restaurants (even flash ones) and you get a genuinely warm welcome in hotels. There is, however, an enormous choice when it comes to picking the best hotel for you and your family which is why our hotel experts have compiled a collection of the best family hotels in Rome. Our list has something for everyone whether you are in search of a family-friendly luxury stay, a characterful boutique, or a convenient self-catering crashpad. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next city break?
- Mario de Fiori 37 is well located near the Spanish Steps. This collection of four, quite luxurious, self-catering rooms and suites feature sleek design and every modern gadget you could want. As well as kitchens, the rooms also have living areas. A home-away-from-home.
- Gigli d'oro Suites is a sophisticated collection of designer suites in an aristocratic residence. Super modern furniture, white washed walls, and glass bathrooms contrast with original oil paintings, parquet floors and wooden beams. The apartment with a kitchenette is well suited to families. Very private, very sleek, very cool.
For a boutique stay
- Casa de'Coronari is a boutique hotel located close to Piazza Navona in central Rome. Rooms are bright and airy with hand-selected design pieces. The best suites offer a private terrace and living space and are very spacious making them ideal for those travelling with younger kids.
- Casa Montani is a chic boutique property set opposite the Piazza del Popolo. Neutral tones, with silk fabrics, hardwood floors, chic modern art and marble bathrooms have an adult appeal, however, families are welcomed and the apartment and suites give plenty of space. Personalised service from owners Giuseppe and Charlotte is an extra bonus.
- Campo Marzio Luxury Suites is a boutique hotel situated in the heart of Rome. The individually styled rooms feature international design pieces and luxury linens. The most spacious suites offer a free-standing bathtub and a modern fireplace and easily accommodate a small family. A sleek and modern city bolt-hole.
For the location
- Palazzo Navona Hotel is a four-star hotel boasting rooms with slick design and Scandi-inspired furnishings. The bar and panoramic rooftop create a lively atmosphere, but the main attraction is its enviable location right in the middle of Rome's historic centre. The Open Suites are particularly good for families as they can easily accommodate up to four adults.
- If you want to be close to the Piazza Navona and the Vatican, try Due Torri, a historic and elegant hotel converted from a villa once home to Cardinals, Bishops, and famous Roman families. Its four small apartments are ideal for families.
- If you’d prefer to be by the Pantheon, then the Albergo del Senato is for you, with its elegant rooms and suites decorated in a classical Roman style. The wonderful roof terrace is a real bonus. Apartments and junior suites are the ones to book if you're travelling with kids.
For great value
- The Hotel Modigliani has 23 attractive rooms, suites, family rooms and one apartment around a lovely inner courtyard. Some rooms have private terraces. The decor is elegant with pops of colour and modern art. It's also very well located close to the Trevi fountain and Spanish Steps.
- The Blue Hostel is an upmarket hostel in the centre of Rome. Beautifully appointed rooms are stylish and comfortable each decorated with tasteful furniture and artwork. With family rooms available and a fantastic central location, it's great for a family trip to the Italian capital.
For family-friendly luxury
- The Villa Spalletti Trivelli is a beautiful Roman townhouse carefully converted into a 12 room hotel. The rooms are peaceful and aristocratic in decor, as are the living areas, with oil paintings, tapestries, marble fire places and Doric columns. There’s also a wonderful library, a great restaurant and a spa. The apartments work best for families, though other rooms can accommodate two adults and one child.
- The Inn at The Roman Forum is a beautiful 14 room guesthouse right by the Colosseum with attractive decoration and private balconies. There are rooms, suites and family rooms — some with four poster beds and fireplaces, and there’s a lovely rooftop terrace.
- Parco dei Principi is an exclusive hotel and spa situated in Rome's luxury Parioli district. Rooms are classically dressed, with rich linens and plush carpets. Family suites are great for parents travelling with children and kids will love the outdoor pool!
- Martis Palace Hotel is an elegant four-star hotel situated in a heritage building in central Rome. Rooms are modern with wooden floors and stylish design pieces. Dedicated family rooms are great for travelling with children. Complete with a roof terrace and restaurant, this is a refined hotel.
- Palazzo Manfredi is a five-star luxury hotel with an unbeatable location next to the Colosseum and the Forum with exceptional views of both from the rooftop restaurant. Chic rooms, suites, and apartments are contemporary classic design. With added bonuses such as babysitting and kids' menus — this is an indulgent choice for families.
Still not sure which to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome,
- refine your search to the best hotels in Central Rome, the best B&Bs in Rome, or consider our Gurur's recommendations for Great value hotels in Rome
- You could search for great hotels near the Colosseum or great hotels near the Spanish Steps
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Mario de Fiori 37 Rome 7 rooms from £133Quiet - Despite its very central location, the hotel is set on a quiet cobbled street offering some peace & quiet in the city centreOwner managed - The owner Alberto Moncada offers his ‘Roman Notebook’ of recommended places to eat, drink, shop and visitDesigner Shopping - Via Condotti and some of Rome's best shopping is on the doorstepLocal exploring - Located just a stroll from the Spanish StepsRecommended by - Tablet
Due Torri Rome 26 rooms from £104Local exploring - Well located In a quiet alley just a few steps from Piazza Navona, the Pantheon, the Spanish Steps, and the VaticanFamilies - Spacious Family Suites sleep up to four people making this a comfortable option for those travelling with kidsDesigner Shopping - Conveniently located for shopping at the fashion boutiques at Via del Corso and Via Cola di RienzoHistoric - Previously the building housed Cardinals, Bishops, and famous noble Roman famillies
Albergo del senato Rome 56 rooms from £186Romantic Break - Elegant rooms with pretty private terraces are the perfect place to unwind with your significant otherLocal exploring - Located in the heart of the centro storico, it couldn't be closer to the PantheonFamilies - The Mini Apartment with two bedrooms and a living area works well for familiesHistoric - A polished yet historic antique-filled Roman hotel
Elegant rooms and suites, wonderful roof terrace bar, and walking distance to the Pantheon. Roman classicism and a traditional atmosphere throughout, from the dining room, to bedrooms, to terraces and dining room. An authentic and convenient choice for a family, group or couple. See More
Hotel Modigliani Rome 27 rooms from £135Groups - Three of the self-catered apartments sleep up to six people, making this ideal for small groupsQuiet - This is an unusually quiet spot for central Rome due to its position on a tranquil alleyLocal exploring - Located down a quiet street just five minutes’ walk from the Spanish StepsOwner managed - The owner Marco has created a unique guide of Rome for guests to useRecommended by - Sawdays
Very attractive hotel with a gorgeous inner courtyard. Elegant bedrooms, suites, family rooms and one apartment have flashes of Florentine fabric, white washed walls, modern artworks, and private terraces. Fresh flowers adorn every room. Romantic, family friendly, and very artistic. See More
Villa Spalletti Trivelli Rome 12 rooms from £382Families - A multitude of activities for children, including a gelato making class, make this a great choice for familiesCity Style - Elegant interiors are traditional and glorious, filled with antiques, this is a very stylish staySights nearby - 200m from the Quirinale Presidential Palace and 5 mins from the Trevi fountainAntiques - Antiques from the family's collection adorn the roomsRecommended by - Tablet
A quintessentially noble Roman townhouse renovated to perfection. Tranquil, classic, and aristocratic rooms, suites, and living areas in a peaceful neighbourhood. Marble fireplaces, oil paintings, Doric columns, and tapestries throughout. Excellent food, libraries, gardens, and a spa. Very special. See More
The Inn at The Roman Forum Rome 14 rooms from £200Local exploring - As the name suggests, this property is just a stones throw from one of Rome's major attraction, the Roman ForumRomantic Break - Pick one of the rooms with a balcony, four-poster, and a large whirlpool tub for a very romantic baseHideaway - It may be in the heart of the city, but the quiet alley it sits on feels hidden awayChic - The building is ancient, however, the interiors have a chic contemporary feelRecommended by - Tablet
A beautiful guesthouse well located near the Colosseum. Attractively decorated bedrooms, suites and family rooms have a contemporary classic style, while the best have mahogany four-poster beds, fireplaces, and private balconies. A lovely rooftop terrace is a bonus. Ideal for city exploring. See More
Parco dei Principi Rome (Villa Borghese Parioli) 96 rooms from £288Foodies - Foodies will be won over by the hotel's offering of not one but three on-site restaurants, plus a cosy hotel barFamilies - The hotel's family suites are great for parents travelling with children, and kids will love the outdoor poolRomantic Break - Couples love the high-end facilities at this five-star hotel, especially the sleek and modern hotel spaSights nearby - Visit Chiesa di Santa Maria della Concezione dei Cappuccini, a 15th-century church and crypt
This exclusive hotel and spa is situated in Rome's luxury Parioli district. Rooms are classically dressed, with rich linens and plush carpets; the best have a private terrace with panoramic views of the most famous sights. Choose between three restaurants or dine by the pool. An indulgent city stay. See More
The Blue Hostel Rome 7 rooms from £95Short break - Well positioned just a seven-minute walk to Termini Station making this a good option for a quick weekend city breakFamilies - With family rooms available, and a fantastic central location, it's great for a family trip to the Italian capitalQuiet - Overlooking a peaceful private courtyard, all you can hear are the bells of Santa Maria MaggioreSights nearby - Within a mile of the Colosseum, the Roman Forum and the Trevi FountainRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
An upmarket hostel set in the centre of Rome. The beautifully appointed rooms mix the old and new with parquet floors, original beamed ceilings, whitewashed walls, & modern artworks. There's no restaurant but a personalised map will direct you to the best local eateries. A well-priced city crashpad. See More
Casa de'Coronari Rome (Navona) 6 rooms from £191Sights nearby - Visit nearby Chiesa di Sant' Ignazio di Loyola, a church renowed for its trompe l'oeil ceilings and frescoesLocal exploring - Located a stone's throw from Rome's main attractions, this hotel is a great base for local exploringFamilies - The spacious suites are well-suited to parents travelling with childrenCity Style - This contemporary design hotel has plenty of Italian city styleRecommended by - Tablet
This boutique hotel is located close to Piazza Navona in central Rome. Rooms are bright and airy with hand-selected design pieces; the best suites offer a private terrace and living space. Many of the building's original features have been preserved, including terracotta floors. A smart city stay. See More
Palazzo Manfredi Rome 16 rooms from £383Foodies - Michelin starred regional and Mediterranean fare is created by chef Giuseppe Di Lorio and served on the spectacular terraceOther Activities - Live the ultimate Italian experience by taking the house Lamborghini out for a spinFamilies - Children are well looked after with a babysitting service and kids' menusLocal exploring - Located beside the Colosseum; it doesn't get much better than this!Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Five-star luxury next to the Colosseum and the Forum with exceptional views of both from an excellent roof top restaurant. Chic rooms, suites, and apartments are decorated in a contemporary-classic design. With fantastic food, unique views, and wellness too - this is Rome in style. See More
Casa Montani Rome 9 rooms from £104Local exploring - Just steps from Piazza del Popolo, Villa Borghese and Via Babuino — this is ideal for those wanting to explore the city by footFamilies - Families are welcome in Casa Montani and its apartment; they can easily fit extra beds and cots in the SuitesArtworks - Find paintings by Sicilian artist Beppe Buttera throughout the propertyGroups - The separate apartment sleeping up to 4 is ideal for small groups
Small chic city hideaway opposite the Piazza del Popolo in the heart of Rome. Neutral tones, with silk fabrics, hardwood floors, chic modern art and marble bathrooms. Personalised service from owners Giuseppe and Charlotte. Intimate and luxurious boutique hotel in a great location. See More
Campo Marzio Luxury Suites Rome (Spagna) 5 rooms from £217City Style - The suites' individual styles and international design pieces make this hotel a high scorer in city styleLocal exploring - The hotel's central location makes it a great base for exploring RomeFamilies - The spacious deluxe rooms are perfect for a small familySights nearby - Visit the famous Piazza Barberini, a late medieval square with Gian Lorenzo Bernini's 17th-century Triton Fountain at its centre
These boutique suites are situated in the heart of Rome. The individually styled rooms are named after famous Roman figures and feature international design pieces and luxury linens. The most spacious suites offer a free-standing bathtub and a modern fireplace. A sleek and modern city bolt-hole. See More
Gigli d'Oro Suites Rome 6 rooms from £174Romantic Break - The elegant suites offer total privacy and are complete with whirlpool tubsCity Style - An old aristocratic house beautifully renovated mixing the old and the newFamilies - The one apartment is well suited to families and has a kitchenette tooSights nearby - Located just behind the Piazza Navona in the historic centre of town. Easy access on foot to most sights.Recommended by - Tablet
Martis Palace Hotel Rome (Navona) 26 rooms from £181City Style - Situated in a historic, 16th-century Roman building, this hotel is full of local charm and styleLocal exploring - With its central location, this hotel is a great starting point for local exploring in RomeFamilies - The interconnected family suites are perfect for families travelling with childrenGreat walks - Stroll through the Giardini di Montecavallo: pretty, landscaped gardens with several nearby art galleries
This elegant, four-star hotel is situated in a heritage building in central Rome. Rooms are modern with wooden floors and stylish design pieces; family rooms are great for travelling with children. Enjoy panoramic views from the hotel's roof terrace before dining at the restaurant. A refined hotel. See More
Palazzo Navona Hotel Rome 43 rooms from £217Families - Located on the back of Piazza Navona, this comfortable hotel provides the perfect base for families seeking easy sightseeing!Romantic Break - Get lost in Rome's ancient piazzas and winding streets — with a stylish and sophisticated hotel as a baseLocal exploring - The Pantheon, St Peter's Basilica, and the wonderful Trevi Fountain are all within walking distanceSights nearby - Visit some of the world's most incredible ancient sites — think the Colesseum, the Forum, and the Pantheon
Palazzo Navona is a four-star hotel boasting rooms with slick design, Scandinavian-inspired furnishings and whitewashed walls. The bar and panoramic rooftop create a lively atmosphere, but its main attraction is its enviable location right in the middle of Rome's historic centre. See More