The 7 Best Family Hotels in Rome
It’s a national stereotype, I know, but Italy really does seem to embrace her child visitors. Kids are welcomed into restaurants, even flash ones, you get a genuinely warm welcome in hotels, and someone will always want to help you if you’ve a small one in tow. And Rome is a fantastic place to show your kids. What could be more inspiring than all those wonderful historic landmarks? So all that leaves you to do is find the best family hotels in Rome, and make sure you all get the sleep you need to power on through all the treasures. And churches… So our Gurus have come up with a list of the best family hotels in Rome.
Some of the best hotels in Rome for families are among the best the city has to offer period, which is a nice surprise. While some of the properties on our Guru’s list of the 10 best family hotels in Rome are designed specifically with families in mind, with kitchenettes, living spaces and other home-from-home facilities. Our Gurus have also found some great value options and some great family-friendly B&Bs. So there’s no excuse for not showing your kids the church of San Clemente, with its layers of history, or not taking them up to the dome of St. Peter’s, or letting them play-fight in the Colosseum or pull all the levers they can get their hands on at the Leonardo Museum.
For a great location
- If you want to be close to the Spanish Steps try Mario de Fiori 37, a collection of four, quite luxurious, self-catering rooms and suites with sleek design and every modern gadget. As well as kitchens the rooms and suites also have living areas.
- If you want to be close to the Piazza Navona and the Vatican, try Due Torri, an historic and elegant, 26 room hotel converted from a villa once home to Cardinals, Bishops, and famous Roman families.
- And if you’d prefer to be by the Pantheon, then the Albergo del Senato is for you, with its 56 elegant rooms and suites, in a classical Roman style, plus a wonderful roof terrace.
For great value
- The Hotel Modigliani has 23 attractive rooms, suites, family rooms and one apartment around a lovely inner courtyard. Some rooms have private terraces. The decor is elegant with pops of colour and modern art. It's also very well located close to the Trevi fountain and Spanish Steps.
For family-friendly luxury
- The Villa Spalletti Trivelli is a beautiful Roman townhouse carefully converted into a 12 room hotel. The rooms are peaceful and aristocratic in decor, as are the living areas, with oil paintings, tapestries, marble fire places and Doric columns. There’s also a wonderful library, a great restaurant and a spa.
- The Inn at The Roman Forum is a beautiful 14 room guesthouse right by the Colosseum with attractive decoration and private balconies. There are rooms, suites and family rooms - some with four poster beds and fireplaces, and there’s a lovely rooftop terrace.
- The Hotel Valadier is a classic modern hotel come to the Spanish Steps and the Villa Borghese. There are 67 rooms, three restaurants and a piano bar. There’s also a magnificent rooftop terrace. Plus, they have their own bikes for the use of guests.
Still not sure which to book?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome,
- refine your search to the 10 best hotels in Central Rome, the best B&Bs in Rome, or consider our Gurur's recommendations for 10 great value hotels in Rome
- You could search for great hotels near the Colosseum or great hotels near the Spanish Steps
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Mario de Fiori 37 Rome 4 rooms from £246Families - Extra beds can be arranged in your room for children and there's a babysitting service tooLocal exploring - Located just a stroll from the Spanish StepsSights nearby - Within spitting distance of the Spanish StepsLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Due Torri Rome 26 rooms from £104Local exploring - Location is perfect for those wishing to emerce themsevles in Rome and explore like a local.Historic - Previously the building housed Cardinals, Bishops, and famous noble Roman famillies.Families - Four small apartments are ideal for accommodating families.Great walks - Right in the historic heart of Rome, wander the streets and get a feel for the Eternal City.
Albergo del senato Rome 56 rooms from £152Romantic Break - Elegant rooms with pretty private terraces are the perfect place to unwind with your significant otherLocal exploring - Perfectly placed just a stroll from Piazza Navona and the stunning Trevi FountainSights nearby - A stones throw from the PantheonLocal markets - The Campo de Fiori is close by
Hotel Modigliani Rome 23 rooms from £134Groups - Three of the self-catered apartments sleep up to six people, making this ideal for small groupsLocal exploring - Located down a quiet street just five minutes’ walk from the Spanish StepsSights nearby - Bang in the centre of Rome, close to both Trevi Fountain and Spanish StepsLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays
Very attractive hotel with a gorgeous inner courtyard. Elegant bedrooms, suites, family rooms and one apartment with flashes of Florentine fabric, white washed walls, modern art works, and private terraces. Fresh flowers adorn every room. Romantic, family friendly, and very artistic. See More
Villa Spalletti Trivelli Rome 12 rooms from £495City Style - Elegant interiors are traditional and glorious, filled with antiques, this is a very stylish stayFamilies - A multitude of activities for children, including a gelato making classSights nearby - 200m from the Quirinale Presidential Palace and 5 mins from the Trevi fountainLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
A quintessentially noble Roman townhouse renovated to perfection. Tranquil, classic, and aristocratic rooms, suites, and living areas in a peaceful neighbourhood. Marble fireplaces, oil paintings, Doric columns, tapestries throughout. Excellent food, libraries, gardens, and spa. Very special. See More
The Inn at The Roman Forum Rome 14 rooms from £160Romantic Break - As the name suggests this property is just a stones throw from one of Rome's major attraction, the Roman ForumHideaway - It may be in the heart of the city, but the quiet alley it sits on feels hiddenSights nearby - Located between the Roman forum and the Colosseum and there's many other attractions in walking distanceRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Hotel Valadier Rome 67 rooms from £125Local exploring - Well located in the heart of historic Rome just a short walk from the ColosseumCity Style - With elegant design and its own piano bar this is a grand central stayGood wine list - Four hundred different wine labelsSights nearby - The Vatican City and Colosseum are three kilometres away but it's a pleasant walk or a short taxi ride
Classic hotel with modern comforts next to Piazza del Popolo and close to the Spanish Steps & Villa Borghese. Three restaurants and a piano bar. The magnificent roof terrace has wonderful views of Rome. Cool bar and classy restaurant Hi-Res with gourmet cuisine. Great location for a short stay. See More