- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Hotels in Knightsbridge
Knightsbridge is the gold-plated, five star, celebrity hang-out, bespoke centre of London. Two of London’s most famous stores; Harrods and Harvey Nichols call Knightsbridge home, and Sloane Street is studded with the London branches of some of the top global fashion brands. But there is so much more to Knightsbridge than shopping. The best hotels in Knightsbridge are good. They have to be.
Our selection of the best hotels in Knightsbridge reflects the wide range that the area has to offer from the ever popular Grand Dame that is The Berkeley to the design led, contemporary Halkin Hotel.
But First: Why Stay in Knightsbridge?
Knightsbridge is perfectly located for many London's major sights. The Science Museum, the Natural History Museum and the Victoria and Albert Museum are within quick walking distance, and everything else is just a short bus or tube ride away.
You’re also right by Hyde Park with its beautiful gardens, lido, boating lake and riding stable!
For art lovers, the wonderful - and free - Saatchi Gallery is just down the Kings Road and there’s a wealth of commercial galleries.
When you’re hungry from sightseeing you’re spoilt for choice. Heston Blummenthal and Gordon Ramsay have restaurants and there are plenty of gastropubs, bars and cafes.
The Best Hotels in Knightsbridge with a “Big Name”
- One of the first so-called design hotels in London, the Halkin is sophisticated and Italian influenced, with its tastefully muted colours and giant beds. Unsnooty, despite its grandness and Euro-coolness, it also has a Michelin-starred Thai restaurant. Like many of the best hotels in Knightsbridge, you could have an extremely nice stay never leaving the hotel.
- The Berkeley, right next to Hyde Park has a fabulous spa, a rooftop pool, a great bar and a doorman who dresses like Mr Bates in Downton Abbey. The traditional rooms offer cosseted 5 star peace, and the service is impeccable.
- We couldn't have a list of recommendations for the best hotels in Knightsbridge without including the Mandarin Oriental, situated on Knightsbridge itself. In an area bristling with luxury hotels it is one of the grand-daddies of super-luxury. But the location overlooking Hyde Park, the service and the facilities are out of this world.
Top Boltholes - Best Hotels in Knightsbridge for Peace
- The Beaufort has stylish interiors and fantastic complimentary extras including breakfast, cream tea every afternoon and a resident’s bar - perfect for a pre-dinner G&T!
- The Levin is one of the best hotels in Kensington for folk who plan for short hops to Harrods after breakfast. Yards from the Qatari-owned department store of delights, it is a cosy and intimate sister hotel to the Capital. The mini bars in the rooms include all the ingredients for making a reviving champagne cocktail and there is a popular bistro, Le Metro, in the basement.
- The Capital offers traditional rooms, attentive service and an excellent restaurant which now bears the name of that fish maestro from Cornwall, Nathan Outlaw.
- Hotelier and designer Kit Kemp's 44 room Knightsbridge Hotel is cosy and modern. Bedrooms are decorated with rich fabrics and comfortably thick canopy beds. There’s no restaurant but there’s no shortage of them in the area; and the guests' library is a soothing places to sit and recharge your batteries before going out for dinner.
- If you’re looking for one of the best hotels in Knightsbridge for privacy, then try No 11 Cadogan Gardens, a hidden gem on a quiet residential street. The decor is lavish, with plush fabrics, Murano chandeliers and gilt-edged mirrors everywhere. The restaurant, which serves modern British food is more sparingly decorated with black and white photographs of starry past guests.
- Belgraves hotel is owned by the American Thomson Group, and this is one of the best hotels in Knightsbridge if you’re looking for a quietly hip Manhattan vibe. It doesn't feel like an 85 room hotel when you are in the popular restaurant or the cleverly designed library bar which perfectly blends traditional touches with a modern layout.
For those on a budget
Knightsbridge is not a budget destination, and the majority of the best hotels in Knightsbridge are fairly pricey.
- But it is possible to stay in the area for less at B & B Belgravia. It’s a little cosy and there’s no restaurant but the breakfasts are good and the service helpful, jolly and knowledgable.
For other budget options throughout London, check out our recommendations for Cheap and Chic London Hotels.
- Luxury London Hotels
- Great London B&Bs
- Character Hotels in London
- London Chic Hotels
- Cosy London Boltholes
- Best Boutique Hotels in London
Halkin Hotel 41 rooms from $371London (South West)
In the heart of Belgravia, this 21st Century luxury hotel, is home to a Michelin starred Basque restaurant and Asian-styled rooms. The contemporary, chic rooms exude understated luxury, and service is top notch. A fantastic relaxing stay for all whether you're here for business or leisure.Sights nearby - The Halkin enjoys an excellent central location close to Hyde Park Corner Tube station, so easy access to London's highlights.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
The Berkeley 214 rooms from $625London (South West)
Stunning Grand Dame with impeccable service opposite Hyde Park, offering beautiful rooms and suites, some with terraces and many with great views, a rooftop pool, iconic bar, pampering spa and gourmet dining. The perfect luxury city break.Bar - The Blue Bar, a fashionable Art Deco institution popular with celebsSwimming Pool - Outdoor Pool with great viewsFull of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park 200 rooms from $749London (South West)
Legendary London luxury hotel with great views of Hyde Park, close to the best shopping, with topnotch restaurant, spa and bar.Views - Great views from hotelSpaRestaurant - Recommended.Landmark - Comes with a reputation.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Beaufort Hotel 29 rooms from $287London (South West)
Privately owned, small boutique hotel in a quiet part of Knightsbridge. Elegant and spacious rooms and suites are the height of luxury. Complimentary breakfasts and afternoon tea. Well located in an upmarket area of London. Ideal for a short break in the capital.Romantic Break - An elegant, exclusive and utterly romantic hotel boasting Egyptian Cotton sheets, fresh flowers and welcome chocolates.City Style - A chic townhouse turned luxury boutique, on a leafy cu-de-sac in the heart of Knightsbridge.Great walks - Just a ten minute stroll from Hyde Park, an oasis of green in the city centre.Sights nearby - Close to the the South Ken Museums and Galleries and the Albert Hall.Recommended by - Frommers
The Levin Hotel 12 rooms from $400London (South West)
Exclusive hotel in the heart of Knightsbridge, perfect for romantic breaks and shopping sprees. Large, comfortable rooms with stylish interiors and an inexplicably homely feel. The Bistro Bar and Wine Lounge serves yummy British food and wines from Levin's own Vineyards.City Style - Magnificant interiors, bold fabrics, sharp lines and colourful installations, just around the corner from London's top shopping.Romantic Break - Champagne and flowers are only the start of a truly romantic occassion with the Levin Hotel.Views - Street views.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Sawdays, Tablet
No 11 Cadogan Gardens 54 rooms from $261London (South West)
Located just behind Sloane Square a stone's throw from Knightsbridge, No 11 Cadogan Gardens is a hidden gem. Eclectic style with lavish decor including Murano chandeliers, sumptuous fabrics and gilt edged mirrors. Ideal if you're looking for a Central London location, yet away from the crowds.Sights nearby - Walking distance to Buckingham Palace or Houses of ParliamentTraditionalFour poster beds - For romantics.OpulentRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Belgraves, A Thompson Hotel 85 rooms from $332London, NOT TO SHOW
A sleek yet informal hotel whose décor is a British twist on the New York loft with a darkish feel, intimate and quiet. Large, inviting beds and marble bathrooms with walk-in overhead showers and Ren bath products. An outpost of urban cool in starchy Belgravia.City StyleSights nearby - Superb location with easy access to Buckingham Palace, Hyde Park and most major attractionsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Mr & Mrs Smith
The Capital Hotel, London 49 rooms from $313London (South West)
Intimate luxury hotel boasts Michelin star dining, an unrivaled location for shopping and fantastic hospitality for a memorable stay. Elegant rooms house antique furnishings, king sized beds and Egyptian cotten linen. Chef Nathan Outlaw runs the seafood award-wining restaurant, popular across town.Sights nearby - Brompton Oratory, a Catholic church, and Natural History Museum are both closeby.Full of characterTraditionalRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
B+B Belgravia and Studios@82 9 rooms from $202London (South West)
An understated and elegant B&B, in central Belgravia. The contemporary design, self service facilities and unbeatable location combine to make this an ideal spot in the heart of the city. Numerous restaurants and bars on your doorstep, complete the picture.Families - These contemporary, well located studios are ideal for families with self catering facilities and plenty of space.Local exploring - Grab one of the B&B's free bikes and head out to explore Westminster the heart of historical and vibrant London.Sights nearby - Use the River Thames as your guide and head east to catch a glimpse of Big Ben, London Eye and other sights.Great walks - Whether Hyde or Battersea, be sure to take a stroll around the royal parks of London.Recommended by - Frommers, Fodors