The 8 Best Hotels in Central Rome
The Modern Centre of Rome is the city’s hub for nightlife and shopping. It’s also home to the Trevi Fountain and the Capuchin Monastery, a building that is decorated in human skulls. This is also where you’ll find a lot of Rome’s hotels - and there’s really a lot of hotels here. Which is why our Guru’s list of the best hotels in Central Rome might be a godsend to anyone planning a Roman Holiday.
If you’re after historic Rome then you might like to consider our Guru’s list of the best hotels in the heart of Old Rome, but if you’d like to mix your tours of historic treasures and appreciation of fine art with some shopping and a lively evening out or two, then our list of the best hotels in central Rome is for you.
For a City Break
- Close to the Spanish Steps, and with three restaurants, a piano bar and a magnificent roof terrace with spectacular views, the Hotel Valadier is a great choice, along with being a great value choice.
- Or you might try Babuino 181, which is almost right next door, a 24 room, boutique hotel with a fabulous breakfast terrace and easy access to the main shopping streets.
- The Eden is a large and luxurious, five star property with traditional decor and traditional discretion in a great spot that you can really appreciate when dining in the spectacular roof terrace restaurant.
- Or you might try the Hotel de Russie, which has a lovely courtyard and garden, and light, airy rooms, and a spa and pool - despite being in the centre of town.
- Crossing Condotti offers an oasis of privacy and luxury, with just six rooms and decor which is a happy marriage between nicely chosen Baroque antiques and a modern canvas.
- Or, if you want the ultimate in romantic luxury, try La Residenza Napoleone, two incredibly opulent apartments dripping in old world romance, with huge oils, taffeta silks and beautiful antiques. They also offer an in-house cook.
For Something Special
- Piazza di Spagna 9 is a beautifully designed mansion in the heart of Rome with just six, individually decorated rooms, a Turkish steam bath and its own contemporary art gallery.
- The Portrait Suites, in the fashion district, are a collection of 11 luxurious, boutique style suites with haute couture furniture, kitchenettes, marble bathrooms and private terraces.
Still not sure:
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome,
- refine your list to great hotels near the Colosseum,
- consider our Guru’s list of the best hotels near the Vatican,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel Valadier Rome 67 rooms from £125Local exploring - Well located in the heart of historic Rome just a short walk from the ColosseumCity Style - With elegant design and its own piano bar this is a grand central stayGood wine list - Four hundred different wine labelsSights nearby - The Vatican City and Colosseum are three kilometres away but it's a pleasant walk or a short taxi ride
Classic hotel with modern comforts next to Piazza del Popolo and close to the Spanish Steps & Villa Borghese. Three restaurants and a piano bar. The magnificent roof terrace has wonderful views of Rome. Cool bar and classy restaurant Hi-Res with gourmet cuisine. Great location for a short stay. See More
Babuino 181 Rome 24 rooms from £200City Style - A sleek boutique hotel with simple minamilist design beautifully executedLocal exploring - Just yards from the Spanish Steps, this couldn't be better placedSights nearby - In the heart of the Spanish Steps quarterLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Hotel de Russie Rome 122 rooms from £350Local exploring - With it's central location and range of guided walking and biking tours, this is the perfect launching spot to explore the cityGarden - Stunning terraced gardens where you can dine during the summer monthsRestaurant - Recommended.Spa - Featuring hydropool and Turkish steam bathRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Crossing Condotti Rome 10 rooms from £191Local exploring - Right in the heart of the city, with easy access to numerous cultural sights as well as designer shops and restaurantsCity Style - The design perfectly merges traditional elegance and chic contemporary styleSights nearby - Steps away from the Piazza di Spagna in the centre of RomeFour poster beds - For romantics.
Luxurious recently refurbished oasis near the Spanish Steps that marries modern décor with well-chosen antiques. Intimate rooms, suites and one apartment with original beamed ceilings, polished wooden floors, enormous beds and tasteful artworks. Elegant and chic, with very personal service. See More
La Residenza Napoleone Rome 2 rooms from £633LuxuryOpulentRomantic BreakRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Incredibly opulent apartment suites drenched in old world Italian romance. Huge oil paintings, taffeta silks, lavish beds, Baroque furniture, antique lighting and romantic pastels covering the walls. Each suite has a kitchenette, private terrace, in-house cook and access to a concierge service. See More
Piazza di Spagna 9 Rome 6 rooms from £258City Style - The hotel itself doubles up as an art and design exhibition, it doesn't get much trendier than thatRomantic Break - Unwind in the Turkish steam bath, designed for twoSights nearby - Just next to The Spanish Steps and Fontana di TreviFour poster beds - For romantics.
Located in the heart of Rome, this designer Mansion is uniquely decorated and boasts its very own contemporary art gallery. There are six individually decorated guest rooms and a Turkish steam bath for relaxing after a day's sightseeing. The perfect blend of contemporary and classic Roman elegance. See More
Portrait Suites Rome 11 rooms from £555Local exploring - Located right beside the Spanish Steps this is a very central location for exploring the cityCity Style - Owned and designed by the Ferragamo family, this is an unsurprisingly stylish boutique stayDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Luxury boutique suites in Rome's fashion district. Like the shops below, these suites are just as fashionable and come with an equally expensive price tag, with good reason. Each suite boasts enormous space, haute couture designer furniture, marble bathrooms, kitchenettes and private terraces. See More