10 Great Hotels Near the Spanish Steps, Rome
The Spanish Steps are known throughout the world for their beauty and location, emptying into the Piazza di Spagna where they offer a beautiful view of the square and fountain. And what could be a more perfect end to your days in Rome but laying your head in one of our top 10 great hotels near the Spanish Steps? Where you’ll be within walking distance of so many more wonderful sights!
And where you can take up a place at a café in the square and watch the multitudes as they admire your local view or scurry to and from the local designer stores, or the local restaurants.
Our Guru’s list of 10 great hotels near the Spanish Steps has been hand picked from our Roman favourites and includes an option for all budgets and styles of travel.
10 Great Hotels near the Spanish Steps
The Most Romantic Hotels near the Spanish Steps
- If you want the ultimate in romantic luxury, try La Residenza Napoleone, two incredibly opulent apartments dripping in old world romance, with huge oils, taffeta silks and beautiful antiques. They also offer an in-house cook.
- Crossing Condotti offers an oasis of privacy and luxury, with just six rooms and decor which is a happy marriage between nicely chosen Baroque antiques and a modern canvas.
The Best Family Hotels near the Spanish Steps
- Due Torri is surprisingly peaceful, consider its central location, and offers 26 elegant rooms and four family apartments, in a building which was once home to Cardinals, Bishops and famous noble families.
- Margutta 54 is a bit different, a sleek collection of six suites with all the mod. cons. which can cater to all types of travellers. Or you might also try Mario de Fiori 37, another slick set of four self catering suites and apartments.
Great Luxury Hotels near the Spanish Steps
- The Eden is a large and luxurious, five star property with traditional decor and traditional discretion in a great spot that you can really appreciate when dining in the spectacular roof terrace restaurant. And the Locarno is a 1920s era hotel with a lively bar and understated sophistication.
- Or you might try the Hotel de Russie, which has a lovely courtyard and garden, and light, airy rooms, and a spa and pool - despite being in the centre of town.
Special Hotels near the Spanish Steps
- The Piazza di Spagna 9 is a beautifully designed mansion in the heart of Rome with just six, individually decorated rooms, a Turkish steam bath and its own contemporary art gallery.
- The Portrait Suites, in the fashion district, are a collection of 11 luxurious, boutique style suites with haute couture furniture, kitchenettes, marble bathrooms and private terraces.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best place to stay in Rome on our Guru’s list of 10 great hotels near the Spanish Steps, you could:
- expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Rome?
- Or you could consider our Guru’s list of the best hotels near the Vatican, or the best hotels in Trastevere, or one of our recommendations for 8 great hotels near the Colosseum?
- Or you could refine your search to the Best Boutique hotels in Rome, or the 10 Best Luxury Hotels in Rome?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
10 Great Hotels near the Spanish Steps
La Residenza Napoleone Rome 2 rooms from £633OpulentRomantic BreakRomantic - Good for couples.LuxuryRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Incredibly opulent apartment suites drenched in old world Italian romance. Huge oil paintings, taffeta silks, lavish beds, Baroque furniture, antique lighting and romantic pastels covering the walls. Each suite has a kitchenette, private terrace, in-house cook and access to a concierge service. See More
Crossing Condotti Rome 10 rooms from £191Local exploring - Right in the heart of the city, with easy access to numerous cultural sights as well as designer shops and restaurantsCity Style - The design perfectly merges traditional elegance and chic contemporary styleSights nearby - Steps away from the Piazza di Spagna in the centre of RomeFour poster beds - For romantics.
Luxurious recently refurbished oasis near the Spanish Steps that marries modern décor with well-chosen antiques. Intimate rooms, suites and one apartment with original beamed ceilings, polished wooden floors, enormous beds and tasteful artworks. Elegant and chic, with very personal service. See More
Due Torri Rome 26 rooms from £104Local exploring - Location is perfect for those wishing to emerce themsevles in Rome and explore like a local.Historic - Previously the building housed Cardinals, Bishops, and famous noble Roman famillies.Families - Four small apartments are ideal for accommodating families.Great walks - Right in the historic heart of Rome, wander the streets and get a feel for the Eternal City.
Margutta 54 Rome 6 rooms from £217Local exploring - With a very central address and a very knowledgeable host (Alberto Moncada) who can give you endless local tipsFamilies - Well suited to families with the option of using the sofabed or otherwise booking interconnected roomsSights nearby - A stone's throw from the Spanish StepsDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Mario de Fiori 37 Rome 4 rooms from £246Families - Extra beds can be arranged in your room for children and there's a babysitting service tooLocal exploring - Located just a stroll from the Spanish StepsSights nearby - Within spitting distance of the Spanish StepsCooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Eden Rome 121 rooms from £321Romantic Break - The opulent and enourmous suites are ideal for a couples hideaway, not to mention the romantic rooftop resturant.Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploing the sights of Rome, close enough to travel by foot or bicycle.Great walks - Visit nearby Borghese Gardens for lovely walking gardens, museums and historic buildings.Sights nearby - Close to the Spanish Steps, one of Rome's most famous sights.Recommended by - Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
A five-star luxury hotel in one of Rome's most exclusive areas. Traditionally furnished rooms exude opulence and old world style with bold fabrics, antique furnishings and spectacular views of the city. Unwind in the Piano bar or soak up the skyline in the fine dining rooftop restaurant. Spoiling. See More
Hotel de Russie Rome 122 rooms from £350Local exploring - With it's central location and range of guided walking and biking tours, this is the perfect launching spot to explore the cityGarden - Stunning terraced gardens where you can dine during the summer monthsRestaurant - Recommended.Spa - Featuring hydropool and Turkish steam bathRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Locarno, Rome Rome 83 rooms from £200Romantic Break - Chic decor, central location and romantic rooftop bar make this an ideal getaway for two!Local exploring - Use the free hotel bikes to explore the historic city centre like a local.Great walks - Just five minutes away you'll find Villa Borghese, the third largest public park in Rome.Sights nearby - Check out the iconic Piazza del Popolo, located just a few minutes from the hotel.
Piazza di Spagna 9 Rome 6 rooms from £258City Style - The hotel itself doubles up as an art and design exhibition, it doesn't get much trendier than thatRomantic Break - Unwind in the Turkish steam bath, designed for twoSights nearby - Just next to The Spanish Steps and Fontana di TreviDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Located in the heart of Rome, this designer Mansion is uniquely decorated and boasts its very own contemporary art gallery. There are six individually decorated guest rooms and a Turkish steam bath for relaxing after a day's sightseeing. The perfect blend of contemporary and classic Roman elegance. See More
Portrait Suites Rome 11 rooms from £555Local exploring - Located right beside the Spanish Steps this is a very central location for exploring the cityCity Style - Owned and designed by the Ferragamo family, this is an unsurprisingly stylish boutique stayDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Luxury boutique suites in Rome's fashion district. Like the shops below, these suites are just as fashionable and come with an equally expensive price tag, with good reason. Each suite boasts enormous space, haute couture designer furniture, marble bathrooms, kitchenettes and private terraces. See More