- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best rural hotels on Lanzarote
There is more to Lanzarote than sun-kissed beaches, water-sports and rocky coves. Inland it boasts some of the Canary Islands’ most dramatic volcanic landscapes, white-washed villages and stunning architecture. Here, away from the popular beach resorts, you can enjoy walking and bird-watching as well as attractions ranging from vineyards to art galleries. Some of the best rural hotels on Lanzarote are in restored farm buildings or are tucked away in quiet villages that let you really get to know this other side of the island.
The island’s biggest national parks are the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya and the Parque Natural de Los Volcanes, a series of volcanoes, calderas and lava fields. Still active - don’t worry; there’s a very sophisticated early-warning system - these make for dramatic walks amongst stunning scenery and wildlife. You’ll also find curious horseshoe-shaped groups of vines amongst the black volcanic earth; the best way to harvest the rainwater and protect from the ferocious winds.
Inland you’ll find some of the prettiest towns and villages, such as Tinajo, Yaiza and Teguise, with whitewashed cottages and paintwork in traditional green, blue or brown. Much of the island’s charm is down to César Manrique, a local but influential artist and champion of low-impact tourism, who saw the importance of preserving the island’s heritage and style. You can spot several of his sculptures and installations around the island as well as visit his home, now a museum and art gallery.
Use our guide to the best rural hotels on Lanzarote and start to plan your off-the-beaten-track break.
Best rural hotels on Lanzarote
For a B&B
- Offering excellent value, Finca Marisa is a cheerful and traditional B&B in Tinajo village. There’s a communal kitchen plus stunning views from the terrace.
- The adults-only El Jallo is a very pretty and relaxed B&B on an organic farm with three simple, rustic-chic rooms. There’s a pool, garden and lovely views.
- With one of the island’s finest restaurants, La Casona de Yaiza is a timber-clad hotel with a terrifically relaxed atmosphere and a mix of rustic and traditional rooms.
- Caserio de Mozaga is an 18th century farm turned boutique hotel in the heart of the island. Understated rooms feature white-washed walls and antique furniture, plus there's an honesty bar and the extremely popular restaurant.
- Cool and stylish, with a Moroccan theme, the six villas of Casa Tomarén, right in the centre of the island, are a great choice for families or friends - villas sleep up to eight people. Breakfast-only but there’s a self-service bar by the outdoor pool.
- The eco-friendly, Casa el Morro offers a choice of brightly decorated, self-catering suites, plus a large yurt. There’s a relaxed, bohemian vibe, pool and yoga hall and it’s close to a Natural Park for walks and wildlife-watching.
- A modern take on Canarian architecture, the four self-catering villas at Finca Malvasia are set in a working vineyard. Chic styling, stunning mountain views and a relaxed atmosphere.
- High in the interior, in the village of Teseguite, Finca Cottage Aloe is a charming hideaway for a family of four. There’s a terrace, outdoor Jacuzzi and barbecue, too.
- Between Yaiza village and Fire Mountains the 18th-century villa Casa de Hilario offers colourful interiors of contemporary and vintage furnishings, beautiful terraces and a serene atmosphere.
- A great couples’ hideaway, Buenavista Country Suites offer just two sleek, rustic-chic suites of white colours and plenty of glass. Close to the Montañnas de Fuego Mountains.
- Casa Rural Villa Lola Y Juan is another for a romantic break. Situated in the North end of the island, here you'll find just six rooms, prettily decorated and a lovely pool area for relaxing. Plus it's just five minutes walk from the restaurants in the village of Hania.
Still not found what you're looking for in our pick of the best rural hotels on Lanzarote?
- Widen the net and take a look at all of the best places to stay in Lanzarote,
- check out the best rural hotels in the Canary Islands,
- or contact a friendly guru for advice.
La Casona de Yaiza 8 rooms from £70Yaiza, Lanzarote
19th Century country hotel with stunning views, outdoor pool and manicured gardens. Lovely rooms and huge bathrooms are decorated in white, wooden floors and oil paintings. Enjoy the islands favourite restaurant with its popular Mediterranean and Canarian dishes. Rustic elegance and gourmet cuisine.Foodies - Considered by many the best restaurant on the island, the menu is creative and exciting with bold splashes of flavour.Active Holiday - Jose will help you to arrange practically any activity you can think of, from diving to riding and hiking.Fishing - In season (May to December) head out deep sea fishing for big game such as marlin, tuna and wahoo.Great walks - Enjoy a sunset stroll along the beaches or in the manicured gardens of the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Casa de Hilario 9 rooms from £118Yaiza, Lanzarote
Beautifully restored 18th-century cottage just outside Yaiza Village, boasting ocean and mountain views. Contemporary interiors with rustic touches, large bright bedrooms and hand painted decoration. A perfect base for exploring the Island, with owner José as your always helpful guide.Local exploring - Owner José is an indespensible local guide, whether you're into exploring secluded beaches, deep sea fishing or mountain biking.Value chic - This place is a steal- with charming rooms, chic interiors, phenomanal breakfast and Jose's personal touch.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
Caserío de Mozaga 8 rooms from £93Mozaga, Lanzarote
Quiet 18th Century family farm turned boutique hotel, with Charming bougainvillea framed courtyard. With white washed walls, high-beamed ceilings, shuttered windows, and original family antiques give warm traditional feel to the rooms. The stables are now a lively restaurant, popular with locals.Foodies - The restaurant, serving traditional Canarian cuisine using locally-sourced produce, is always guaranteed to please.Local exploring - Perfectly positioned for exploring the island by car or bike, from the volcanoes to the beaches and villages.Great walks - Whether along the beach or in the Timanfaya National Park - there are fantastic walks to stretch your legs.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Casa Tomarén 7 rooms from £99Mozag, Lanzarote
Rural chic setting fitted with a film-star pool. Six luxury villas with Moroccan and Indonesian influences and surrounded by vineyards, orchards and gardens. A perfect oasis for families and groups of friends on the island for a relaxing holiday.Families - Ideal for a family getaway, self catering villas with pool access, close to the beaches and babysitters on standby!Birdwatching - La Geria,the neighbouring nature reserve is an ideal spot for birdwatching.Great walks - Explore the national park and volcanic peaks.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Finca Malvasia 4 rooms from £127Masdache, Lanzarote
Four self-catering cottages set in a charming, working vineyard. An oasis of tranquility with beautiful central pool area and stunning grounds. Built in hommage to the island's famous designer César Manrique, they embody rustic Canarian with a simple modern twist. Sweet and chic.Families - Self catering cottages, with a pool and plenty of space for running around, only 20min drive to the beach.Great walks - Take a guided tour throught the dramatic volcanic scenery, your helpful hosts will organise it all at the drop of a hat.Diving - The Canary Islands are known for their crystal clear waters, be sure to check out the dive centres on the island.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Casa el Morro 8 rooms from £104Uga, Lanzarote
An eco friendly collection of self-catering suites and one large yurt. Brightly decorated rooms, lovely terraces, stepped gardens, charming swimming pool area, and a yoga hall. A relaxed spot to explore the coast and Natural Park from. Ideal for yoga lovers, families, and those on a budget.Yoga - The hotel has its own yoga hall, twice-weekly yoga sessions.Eco break - Recycling, solar power.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
El Jallo 3 rooms from £66Lanzarote
Laid-back B&B on organic farm. Housed in 17th century building, the rooms feature beamed ceiling, wooden floors, rustic furniture and white bathrooms with stunning views. Outdoor plunge pool, terrace and gardens leading to the organic farm. Peaceful, private and very pretty.Hideaway - Enjoy the Canarian pace of life in this secluded farm hotel, with outstanding views and walkable quiet beachesSurfing - The Tinajo coast is considered one of the best areas in Europe for surfing; hotel can advise on rentalLocal markets - Don't miss Sunday market in TeguiseRestrictions on children - Adults only hotelRecommended by - Sawdays
Buenavista Country Suites 2 rooms from £110Lanzarote
A delightful family-run B&B offering an intimate escape from the resorts and tourists of Lanzarote. Designed with simple style and elegance, the suites exude a rustic chic feel with earthy colours and superb mountain views. Ideal for couples looking for a peaceful, relaxing holiday. A quiet wonder.Hideaway - A secluded and intimate escape, tucked away in La Asomada, boasting spectacular views over the stunning mountain landscape.Great walks - Go walking in the beautiful Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Campesino Monument.Remote - Off the beaten track.
Finca Marisa 5 rooms from £44Tinajo, Lanzarote
Cheerful, traditional B&B in the small village of Tinajo. The traditional rooms are spacious and comfortable and from the communal terrace there are great mountain views. Take a day trip to Timanfaya National Park or hire a bicycle and go to La Santa. An excellent low budget option.Great walks - Excellent walking trails in the Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the Campesino Monument.Traditional
Casa Rural Villa Lola Y Juan 6 rooms from £79Haría, Lanzarote
Villa Lola Y Juan is a laid-back country hotel brimming with character and personality. The rooms exude an understated elegance with simple furnishings and tasteful artwork. Relax by the deluxe pool or visit nearby caves. A far cry from Lanzarote's resorts it's ideal for an intimate escape.Romantic Break - Offering a great deal more intimacy than the vast resort hotels of Lanzarote, it's great for a romantic break.Local exploring - This country-style hotel is perfect for exploring the lesser travelled North of Lanzarote.Local markets - Browse the Mercado Tradicional de Haría and pick up some souvenirs to bring home with you.Sights nearby - Explore the fascinating Jardín de Cactus.
Finca Cottage Aloe 2 rooms from £144Teseguite, Lanzarote
A charming four-person cottage in the small village of Teseguite. With two comfortable, spacious rooms and a fully equipped kitchen it's perfect for a group holiday to Lanzarote. Sunbathe by the pool or visit the nearby LagOmar Museum. In the evening watch the sun go down from the jacuzzi.Families - With plenty of room to run around, board games, puzzles, books and a highchair- it's ideal for a family getaway.Groups - A charming four person self-catered cottage, with a lovely garden, bbq area, outdoor hot tub and dining area.Diving - Superb scuba diving opportunities at Costa Teguise, Playa Blanca and Puerto del Carmen.Great walks - Great walking amidst the volcanic landscape of the nearby Jardín de Cactus.