- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Best hotels on Lanzarote for a walking Holiday
Don’t dismiss Lanzarote as being purely an island for sun, sea and fun. Inland it boasts some of the Canary Islands’ most dramatic volcanic landscapes, and makes an excellent choice for active folk. Our pick of the best hotels on Lanzarote for a walking holiday offer something for everyone, whether you're looking for a bargain B&B or a self contained cottage which will accommodate a family or small group.
The island’s biggest national parks are the Parque Nacional de Timanfaya and the Parque Natural de Los Volcanes, a series of volcanoes, calderas and lava fields. Still active - don’t worry; there’s a very sophisticated early-warning system - these make for dramatic walks amongst stunning scenery and wildlife. You’ll also find curious horseshoe-shaped groups of vines amongst the black volcanic earth; the best way to harvest the rainwater and protect from the ferocious winds.
The owners of the best hotels on Lanzarote for a walking holiday are usually knowledgeable about the best walks and viewpoints, so don’t be afraid to ask for advice.
Best hotels for walking on Lanzarote
For a B&B
- Offering excellent value, Finca Marisa is a cheerful and traditional B&B in Tinajo village and close to the Montanas del Fuego mountains of Timanfaya national park. There’s a communal kitchen plus stunning views from the terrace.
- Close to the Montãnas del Fuego mountains, the Buenavista Country Suites offer just two sleek, rustic-chic suites of white colours and plenty of glass, and make for a lovely couples’ retreat.
For the personal touch
- Jose, the owner of La Casona de Yaiza, is always on hand to suggest good walks in the area. The timber-clad hotel has a relaxed atmosphere, a mix of rustic and traditional rooms, and an excellent restaurant.
- Between Yaiza village and Fire National Park the 18th-century villa Casa de Hilario offers colourful interiors of contemporary and vintage furnishings, beautiful terraces and a serene atmosphere. It is a sister property to the Casona de Yaiza, so Jose is also on hand here to offer tips on the best walks and more.
For families or groups
- Cool and stylish, with a Moroccan theme, the six villas of Casa Tomarén, right in the centre of the island, are a great choice for families or groups of friends - villas sleep up to eight - on a walking holiday. Breakfast-only but there’s a self-service bar by the outdoor pool.
- The eco-friendly, Casa el Morro offers a choice of brightly decorated, self-catering suites, plus a large yurt. There’s a relaxed, bohemian vibe, pool and yoga hall and it’s close to a Natural Park for walks and wildlife-watching.
- The owners of Finca Malvasia are happy to organise walking trips for guests. These four self-catering villas, set in a working vineyard, are a modern take on Canarian architecture and offer mountain views and a relaxed atmosphere.
- High in the interior, in the village of Teseguite, Finca Cottage Aloe is a charming hideaway for a family of four. There’s a terrace, outdoor Jacuzzi and barbecue, too.
Nothing here for you?
- Expand your search to include all our recommendations for the best places to stay in Lanzarote
- check out our list of all the best hotels in the Canary Islands for walking holidays,
- or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Finca Marisa 5 rooms from $57Tinajo, Lanzarote
Cheerful, traditional B&B in the small village of Tinajo. The traditional rooms are spacious and comfortable and from the communal terrace there are great mountain views. Take a day trip to Timanfaya National Park or hire a bicycle and go to La Santa. An excellent low budget option.Great walks - Excellent walking trails in the Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the Campesino Monument.Traditional
Buenavista Country Suites 2 rooms from $143Lanzarote
A delightful family-run B&B offering an intimate escape from the resorts and tourists of Lanzarote. Designed with simple style and elegance, the suites exude a rustic chic feel with earthy colours and superb mountain views. Ideal for couples looking for a peaceful, relaxing holiday. A quiet wonder.Hideaway - A secluded and intimate escape, tucked away in La Asomada, boasting spectacular views over the stunning mountain landscape.Great walks - Go walking in the beautiful Montañas de Fuego Mountains.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Campesino Monument.Remote - Off the beaten track.
Casa de Hilario 9 rooms from $154Yaiza, Lanzarote
Beautifully restored 18th-century cottage just outside Yaiza Village, boasting ocean and mountain views. Contemporary interiors with rustic touches, large bright bedrooms and hand painted decoration. A perfect base for exploring the Island, with owner José as your always helpful guide.Local exploring - Owner José is an indespensible local guide, whether you're into exploring secluded beaches, deep sea fishing or mountain biking.Value chic - This place is a steal- with charming rooms, chic interiors, phenomanal breakfast and Jose's personal touch.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - I Escape
La Casona de Yaiza 8 rooms from $91Yaiza, Lanzarote
19th Century country hotel with stunning views, outdoor pool and manicured gardens. Lovely rooms and huge bathrooms are decorated in white, wooden floors and oil paintings. Enjoy the islands favourite restaurant with its popular Mediterranean and Canarian dishes. Rustic elegance and gourmet cuisine.Foodies - Considered by many the best restaurant on the island, the menu is creative and exciting with bold splashes of flavour.Active Holiday - Jose will help you to arrange practically any activity you can think of, from diving to riding and hiking.Fishing - In season (May to December) head out deep sea fishing for big game such as marlin, tuna and wahoo.Great walks - Enjoy a sunset stroll along the beaches or in the manicured gardens of the hotel.Recommended by - I Escape
Casa Tomarén 7 rooms from $129Mozag, Lanzarote
Rural chic setting fitted with a film-star pool. Six luxury villas with Moroccan and Indonesian influences and surrounded by vineyards, orchards and gardens. A perfect oasis for families and groups of friends on the island for a relaxing holiday.Families - Ideal for a family getaway, self catering villas with pool access, close to the beaches and babysitters on standby!Birdwatching - La Geria,the neighbouring nature reserve is an ideal spot for birdwatching.Great walks - Explore the national park and volcanic peaks.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Casa el Morro 8 rooms from $135Uga, Lanzarote
An eco friendly collection of self-catering suites and one large yurt. Brightly decorated rooms, lovely terraces, stepped gardens, charming swimming pool area, and a yoga hall. A relaxed spot to explore the coast and Natural Park from. Ideal for yoga lovers, families, and those on a budget.Yoga - The hotel has its own yoga hall, twice-weekly yoga sessions.Eco break - Recycling, solar power.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Finca Malvasia 4 rooms from $166Masdache, Lanzarote
Four self-catering cottages set in a charming, working vineyard. An oasis of tranquility with beautiful central pool area and stunning grounds. Built in hommage to the island's famous designer César Manrique, they embody rustic Canarian with a simple modern twist. Sweet and chic.Families - Self catering cottages, with a pool and plenty of space for running around, only 20min drive to the beach.Great walks - Take a guided tour throught the dramatic volcanic scenery, your helpful hosts will organise it all at the drop of a hat.Diving - The Canary Islands are known for their crystal clear waters, be sure to check out the dive centres on the island.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - I Escape
Finca Cottage Aloe 2 rooms from $187Teseguite, Lanzarote
A charming four-person cottage in the small village of Teseguite. With two comfortable, spacious rooms and a fully equipped kitchen it's perfect for a group holiday to Lanzarote. Sunbathe by the pool or visit the nearby LagOmar Museum. In the evening watch the sun go down from the jacuzzi.Families - With plenty of room to run around, board games, puzzles, books and a highchair- it's ideal for a family getaway.Groups - A charming four person self-catered cottage, with a lovely garden, bbq area, outdoor hot tub and dining area.Diving - Superb scuba diving opportunities at Costa Teguise, Playa Blanca and Puerto del Carmen.Great walks - Great walking amidst the volcanic landscape of the nearby Jardín de Cactus.