The 10 Best Hotels for Cyclists on Mallorca
Scenic Mallorca, with its bright blue sea and coastline which ranges from rugged and dramatic to calm and sandy, and its mountain ranges, is a wonderful place for a cycling holiday. The light is gorgeous, the colours are bright and the weather is pleasant for most of the year. Plus there’s an excellent range of riding terrains, from leisurely to seriously demanding! Mallorca’s shoulder seasons, and even winter, have become extremely popular with cyclists, so you still need to book ahead when it comes to the best hotels for cyclists on Mallorca.
Our Guru’s recommendations for the 10 best hotels for cyclists on Mallorca include great places to rest and recuperate after tacking the Sierra de Tramuntana, which dominate the western side of the island, they have recommendations in Alcúdia, favourite of Team Sky, and in Port de Pollença where there’s a Rapha pop-up shop. They’ve also chosen some remote rural bases and some great hotels by the sea. Many of our recommendations for the 10 best hotels for cyclists on Mallorca aren’t too far from a bike shop these days, and you can easily hire a high performance bike if you don’t want to bring your own.
The 10 Best Hotels for Cyclists on Mallorca
The Best Hotels for Cyclists to Treat Themselves
- Son Julia is an historic mansion with 25 large, elegant rooms surrounded by a 300 year old garden and its own vineyard. There are exquisite views from the terraces and patios, a choice of two pools and a gourmet restaurant. As well as having carbon racing bikes you can use, there’s also a gym onsite.
The Best Hotels for Road Cyclists
- Cas Comte Petit Hotel & Spa is in Lloseta, a perfect, central base for exploring the island. There are 14 charming rooms and suites with stone walls and exposed beams, plus a riooftop pool, a great restaurant and a pampering spa menu.
- Equally well located, but in a more rural setting is the Finca Es Castell, a pretty, contemporary-style finca offering stunning views from its 12 bedrooms over the surrounding countryside, There’s also an excellent restaurant, cobbled patios, ancient vines and white-washed walls.
- Run by an English couple, Fowlers Hotel is a charming, seven room B&B decorated with antiques. The rooms have private terraces and sea views - some have their own hot tub as well. There’s an outdoor pool and you’re in the old part of pretty Cala D’Or.
The Best Hotels for Mountain Bikers
- Son Palou is in the hills, just outside Sóller, and has 12 rooms with beautiful valley views. This is a discreet, family-run hotel with sandstone walls and a terracotta roof. If you treat yourself to a junior suite they have their own whirlpool baths.
- S'Hotel d'es Puig is a friendly, nine room hotel with mountain views and ample breakfasts! There’s a pool on the sunny terrace, an honesty bar and the suites and two-bedroom apartments have private balconies. You’re also by the sea in Deia.
The Best Hotels for Scenic Cycles
- Monnaber Vell is a simple, tranquil hotel set against a beautifully rugged backdrop. Its interiors are decorated with stone and wood and neutral colours, echoing the landscape. There’s a Mediterranean restaurant and an indulgent spa.
- La Moraleja in Port de Pollença has the best of both worlds, with views of both the coastline and the mountains. There are 22 elegantly designed rooms with large terraces, and there’s a choice of formal or informal dining. Plus there’s a games room, library and a collection of vintage cars. This is a great hotel for anyone wanting an active break.
The Best Value Hotels for Cyclists
- Can Tem is a quiet, no-frills, six room hotel in Old Town Alcúdia. There’s a warm welcome, a lovely stone courtyard and you’re close to the beach.
- The Petit Hotel, in picturesque Fornalutx, is a traditional, eight room hotel with spacious suites and stunning valley views. There’s also a wonderful garden and an infinity pool. Plus you’re in the heart of the Sierra de Tramuntana.
- Or you could book into Son Cardaix in Artà, a traditional country estate turned agrotourismo. There are just nine bedrooms, with exposed stone and four poster beds. You’re close to the Nature Reserve of the Levant.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the 10 best hotels for cyclists on Mallorca might be perfect for you?
- You could expand your search to include all best places to stay on Mallorca?
- Or else refine your search to the best value hotels on Mallorca? or try the best hotels for walkers on Mallorca? Or one of the best B&Bs on Mallorca?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 10 Best Hotels for Cyclists on Mallorca
Son Julia 25 rooms from £219Llucmajor
Historic mansion beautifully restored offering large, elegant rooms and bathrooms. Surrounded by 300-year-old gardens, its own vineyard and views from terraces and patios. A gourmet restaurant serves delicious food and wine. Choice of two swimming pools. Ideal for family holidays or a break for two.Spa breaks - A heated pool, jacuzzi and a Turkish steam bath along with several other beauty treatments availableFoodies - A great onsite restaurant serves a unique mix of Mediterranean and Asian cuisineActive Holiday - Sports and activities, a gym and carbon racing bikesPrivate Hot Tub - Available in The Deluxe, Grand Suite and Suite Room Category
Cas Comte Petit Hotel & Spa 14 rooms from £123Lloseta, Mallorca
A luxury adults only hotel in a traditional Mallorcan town with a fantastic spa. Charming rooms and suites have stone walls, big comfy beds, and wooden beams. Wonderful views from the roof top pool terrace, excellent food, and pampering spa therapies. The perfect base for exploring the island.Spa breaksSights nearby - Monastery of Lluc, Castle of Alaró, and famous towns of Valldemossa, Soller and Pollença.Great walks - There are great walks in the Sierra de Tramuntana. Or walk the Cape of Formentor.Spa - Ayurvedic spa treatmentsRecommended by - CN Traveller
Finca Es Castell 12 rooms from £145Caimari, Mallorca
Off the beaten track, this pretty, rustic contemporary-style finca is ideal for groups, families and couples wanting a remote, informal countryside retreat with delicious food. Good relaxed base to explore the island. Cobbled patios, ancient vines and white washed walls - oodles of rustic charm.Views - Stunning views over the surrounding countrysideSecluded setting - A rustic retreat in a lovely location.Total relaxationFull of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Son Palou 12 rooms from £158Orient
A discreet family-run hotel in a peaceful UNESCO countryside hamlet in the hills just outside Soller. Sunny sandstone walls, pretty flowers, bright terracotta, verdant greenery and valley views. Perfect hideaway for couples to unwind and explore the neighbouring hill villages of northern Mallorca.Views - Magnificent views along the Orient ValleyRomantic BreakPrivate Hot Tub - Junior suites are all equipped with their own whirlpoolsSights nearby - Visit the ruins of the moorish Castell de Alaró.Recommended by - I Escape
S'Hotel d'es Puig 9 rooms from £92Deià
An intimate and friendly hotel with mountain views. This rustic, manager owned guesthouse offers ample breakfasts, an honesty bar and outdoor swimming pool with terrace. Guests can stay in suites with private balconies or enjoy private 2 bedroom apartments. Ideal for families and excellent value.Watersports - Hotel can provide info for local sailingFishing - The hotel can organise fishing tripsGolf - 24 golf courses on the IslandLearning - Archaeological MuseumRecommended by - I Escape
Monnaber Vell 13 rooms from £136Campanet, Mallorca
A simple, unpretentious hotel set against a beautiful rugged backdrop. Interiors of stone, wood and neutral colours echo the landscape. An a la carte restaurant offers tasty Mediterranean dishes. The indulgent spa makes this a wonderful rural escape, an excellent base for walkers and nature-lovers.GolfBack to NatureHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Local markets - Good for local colour.
La Moraleja 22 rooms from £114Cala Sant Vincenç (Cala Sant Vicenç)
A chic boutique hotel located close to the beaches and mountains of Mallorca. Elegantly designed rooms showcasing interesting artworks offer great views from the large terraces. Formal and informal dining options and a poolside bar. A games room, library and a collection of vintage cars on-site.Total relaxation - A luxurious wellness area to enjoy a sauna, a dip in the hoth tub, a massage or natural skin treatmentsActive Holiday - The hotel is a great base to indulge in various sports activities that the island has on offerGreat walks - Walking excursions can be organised and are a great way to explore the surrouding areasDiving - For more experienced divers
Can Tem 6 rooms from £79Alcúdia
A spotlessly clean, quiet and small no-frills hotel in Old Town Alcudia where guests (mainly couples and solo travellers) are made to feel at home. Lovely stone courtyard and deliciously comfortable beds. Close to the beach, fantastic value.Value chicSights nearby - Situated in the heart of Alcudia Old Town. Close to the Roman ruins at PollencaSailing - Can be booked nearby.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Petit Hotel 8 rooms from £174Fornalutx
A traditional chic hotel in a picturesque mountain village with stunning valley views. Spacious rooms and suites are romantic with white washed walls, wooden beams, and big comfy beds. Gorgeous gardens and infinity pool, excellent food, and excellent value. Romantic, relaxing, family friendly too.Views - Breathtaking views over the surrounding countrysideValue chicRomantic BreakGreat walks - Situated in the heart of the Sierra de TramuntanaRecommended by - Sawdays
Son Cardaix 9 rooms from £106Artà (Mallorca)
This traditional country estate is an agrotourism property. With an outdoor terrace and pool you can enjoy the unspoilt Mallorcan scenery. Each of the bedrooms are traditionally decorated with exposed stone, four poster beds and white linens. Breakfast and local Spanish cuisine is served.Sailing - Boats trips can be arranged from Port d’Alcúdia Marina.Local markets - Located in Batlessa House in the nearby town of Arta.Sights nearby - Enjoy a sundowner at Port d’Alcúdia Marina.Great walks - Through the Nature Reserve of Levant.