- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels on Lake Lucerne
Lake Lucerne is certainly an interesting shape, curling in and around alpine peaks and pretty lakeside towns. And one of the great pleasures of travelling on the lake is rounding headlands and seeing great glaciated mountains rising above you, or the pier and promenade of a pretty resort. Use our guide to the best hotels on Lake Lucerne and start to plan your tour round this stunning region.
As well as being spectacular, and at times serene, at times dramatic, and at times bursting with life, Lake Lucerne is an amazing place for an adventure. Sure, you’re close to lovely Lucerne, but there are still plenty of demanding local peaks to summit, pistes to traverse and the lake’s crenellated coastline to explore. Or you could just come here to relax. Many of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels on Lake Lucerne allow for both of these types of break, but we’ve broken them up into types of hotel rather than location to make it easier to see which one is most perfect for you.
However, if you’d find it more useful to search for the best hotels on Lake Lucerne by location, consult our Guru’s recommendations for:
- The Best Places to Stay in Weggis
The Best Hotels on Lake Lucerne
For Stunning Views of Lake Lucerne
- The Villa Honegg was built in the early 20th century as a five star retreat and offers incredible panoramic views of the lake and the mountains. There are just 23 rooms and suites, an award-winning restaurant, and in 2011 they added a superb spa.
- The Art Deco Hotel Montana boasts wonderful views of the city and the lake beyond, from its position on a hilltop in Lucerne. It also offers 66 chic, comfortable rooms, decorated in the promised Art Deco style - and some with balconies - and an award winning restaurant and popular bar.
- The Beau Rivage in Weggis is a welcoming hotel with a gorgeous terrace overlooking the lake and a superb seafood menu. If you’re looking for somewhere peaceful and friendly then this hotel, with its 39 rooms, heated pool and steam room, is a good choice.
The Most Romantic Hotels on Lake Lucerne
- The Grand Hotel National in Lucerne is a wonderfully glamorous institution directly overlooking the lake. There are 41 opulent rooms, decorated to the nines with antiques, plus views across the lake and into the mountains. There’s also a dining experience for every occasion, from casual to fine.
- Or you might try the Chateâu Gutsch? A renovated 19th century castle with 27 rooms decked out with four-poster beds, Swiss artworks and bold fabrics. Some of them also have private terraces with stunning views of the city and the lake beyond it.
- Hotel Vitznauerhof is a striking looking property in an incredible location, framed by the Alps and overlooking the lake. There are 53 elegant rooms a fabulous seafood restaurant with a stunning terrace and an air of peace and romance.
For a City Break
- The Hotel Schweizerhof is perfect for a luxurious Lucerne city break. Right on the lake-side it's just a short stroll from the centre of town. All rooms are individually decorated, there are two restaurants to choose from and a lovely spa.
- The Hotel is an small but strikingly modern hotel in central Lucerne. Designed (by award-winning French architect, Jean Nouvel) to be a fashionable yet comfortable space, the facilities are excellent and the location is ideal.
The Best Hotels for Relaxing on Lake Lucerne
- The Park Weggis in peaceful Weggis has a beautiful Art Deco facade and great access to the lake, but inside the 52 rooms are modern and elegant, with floor to ceiling windows to make the most of the views. There’s a great French restaurant and an excellent spa.
The Best Value Hotels on Lake Lucerne
- The Boutique Hotel Schlussel in Beckenried has been created from a house built in 1727. The hotel has 12 surprisingly modern and stylish rooms, plus a gourmet restaurant specialising in local produce. Pretty, trendy and rural.
- The Hotel Central Am See is a large, white townhouse in a beautiful lakeside position with 32 individually styled rooms - all with parquet flooring and private balconies. There’s an elegant conservatory restaurant and an idyllic terrace with an infinity pool.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotel on Lake Lucerne on our Guru’s list, you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Lake Lucerne,
- refine your search to the best places to stay in Lucerne, or Weggis, or Vitznau,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best Hotels on Lake Lucerne
Grand Hotel National 41 rooms from $365Lucerne
A gloriously glamorous Lucerne institution overlooking the lake and with far reaching views of the mountains. Opulent rooms filled with antiques and emblazoned with gold and beige hues. A wide choice of dining experiences from casual to fine-dining. Ideal for a romantic weekend getaway.City Style - Bask in the lap of luxury in this grand French Renaissance inspired hotel, on the banks of Lake Lucerne.Sights nearby - Marvel at the Chapel Bridge and octahonal Water Tower, Switzerland's most photographed historical monument.Great walks - Wander along the banks of Lake Lucerne taking in the city sights and the impressive Alpine views.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.
Chateau Gutsch 27 rooms from $351Lucerne
A stylishly renovated 19th century castle, with chic modern décor. Rooms come with four-poster beds, bold fabrics, Swiss artworks, and private terraces offering stunning views of Lucerne and the lake. The restaurant serves Mediterranean cuisine and the bar has an extensive list of fine wines.Romantic Break - The vibrant rooms ooze a funky luxe feel with in room bathtubs, spectacular views from private terraces and fourposter beds.Active Holiday - Mount Rigi is great for hiking, walking and climbing, and is close to the Engelberg Ski Area.Local exploring - In a superb location, ideal for exploring the historic town of Lucerne.Sights nearby - The 14th century Chapel Bridge and the 19th century Lion Monument cannot be missed.
Villa Honegg 23 rooms from $508Ennetburgen
For fresh mountain air, all year round activities in stunning surroundings with panoramic views overlooking Lake Lucerne, this handsome Five Star hotel built in the early 1900s is a treat. Totally refurbished in 2011 the hotel comes with all the trimmings from a superb spa to a children's playroom.Restaurant - Award winning restaurant offers international and Lebanese cuisine, and locally sourced productsSit-out Terrace - Lunch on the winter terrace wrapped in a fur coat and rugs and enjoy the sweeping snowy viewsSpa - Suberb spa offering a full range of beauty treatmentsCycling
Art Deco Hotel Montana 66 rooms from $306Lucerne (Adligenswilerstrasse 22)
An art deco hotel perched on a city centre hilltop, offering spectacular views of the mountains and the lake. Rooms are chic, comfortable and artistically decorated with a blend of contemporary and 1920's style and balconies. An award winning restaurant and a popular bar on site.Foodies - The Scala Restaurant has been awarded 15 GaultMillau points, enjoy a fine gastronomic experience.Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Luzern, overlooking the lake and surrounded by restaurants and shops.Honeymoons - The penthouse spa suite is perfect for honeymooners offering lovely views of the Swiss Alps.Sights nearby - Visit the Chapel Bridge, Water Tower, the Spreuer Bridge and the Musegg Wall with its nine towers.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Hotel Vitznauerhof 53 rooms from $399Vitznau
A striking historical building in a truly enviable location, framed by the Alps and overlooking the lovely Lake Lucerne. Elegant rooms mix a traditional feel with clean contemporary style. A fabulous restaurant, specialising in fish, boasts a terrace with epic views. A stand-out property.Back to Nature - Surrounded by the Alps and located right on stunning Lake Lucerne this is back to the wild in serious luxury.Weddings - A picture perfect spot to tie the knot with elegant interiors, excellent food, and spectacular views.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the beautiful Muhlebach Waterfall.Romantic - Good for couples.
Hotel Schweizerhof, Lucerne 101 rooms from $447Lucerne
A stylish, five-star hotel overlooking Lake Lucerne. Each room is individually decorated drawing inspiration from specific artists, musicians and writers. There are two restaurants to choose from and guests can relax in the hotel's spa. A great hotel for business trips.Business meetings - With excellent conference facilities and a central location, it's the ideal spot for business meeting in Lucerne.Local exploring - Right in the heart of Old Town of Lucerne, next to the lake, it's perfectly positioned for exploring.Sights nearby - Just a short stroll from the old town and monuments such as Chapel Bridge, Musegg Wall and Lion Monument.Spa
The Hotel, Lucerne 25 rooms from $189Lucerne
Designed by award-winning French architect Jean Nouvel, The Hotel's simple, striking name is matched by its interior. The hotel has been conceptualised as a fashionable but comfortable space, with excellent facilities such as a restaurant, bar, concierge service and great location in central LucerneDesigner - Every room designed by French star architect Jean NouvelConference facilities - 12 conference rooms availableShort fly breakSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Hotel Central am See 32 rooms from $216Weggis
A striking townhouse boasting an enviable lakeside position. Individually styled rooms with parquet flooring, bright feature walls and the best have french doors leading onto private balconies. An elegant conservatory restaurant and pretty terrace complete with infinity pool. Totally charming.Local exploring - Well located to explore Weggis and the surrounding mountains.Great walks - Take a saunter along the shores of Lake Lucerne.Sailing - Take a romantic cruise across Lake Lucerne.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Boutique Hotel Schlussel 12 rooms from $272Beckenried
A chic boutique hotel in a converted house dating back to 1727. Uber modern rooms feature free standing baths, parquet flooring and crisp white linen. A gourmet restaurant has a seasonal menu and uses local produce. Numerous outdoor pursuits in the surrounding area. A trendy rural escape.Country Escape - Situated in a pretty part of Switzerland with mountains and lakes within close proximity.Sailing - Take a boat trip on Lake Lucerne.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotel
Beau Rivage 39 rooms from $286Weggis
Welcoming hotel overlooking Lake Lucerne. Guestrooms are modern with wooden floors and large bathrooms. Heated outdoor pool, terrace, steam room and hotel boats for tours on the lake. Good restaurant with a superb fish menu. Peaceful and friendly.Romantic Break - Gorgeous terrace overlooking Lake Lucerne, with heated pool, indoor steam room, nearby Mineralbad pools with views over the AlpsSights nearby - Luzern, the “City of Light” with its famous old town and music festivalSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotel
Park Weggis 52 rooms from $407Weggis
A lakeside property with an art-deco facade that conceals the most modern of interiors. Elegant rooms with floor to ceiling windows exposing breathtaking views. A restaurant serving light and fresh southern-french cuisine. A glorious spa and endless outdoor pursuits. Very chic.Total relaxation - A lakeside hotel ideal for unwinding at whether it be the luxury spa or the great outdoors that pick your fancy.Sailing - Rent a private boat and spend a day cruising on the lake.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet