- ✓ Book Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Best Hotels Near Glyndebourne
Glyndebourne’s beautiful location helps make it such a special place to experience great art, but it’s also a pretty inconvenient place to get to and from. To help make the most of your Glyndebourne experience why not stay over in one of our Guru recommended best hotels near Glyndebourne?
Great hotels in the area are in hot demand during the festival, so our Gurus have cast their nets widely when it comes to selecting the best hotels near Glyndebourne, but a night in any of these charmers will certainly add to your experience.
Best Hotels Near Glyndebourne with a Private House Atmosphere
- For an experience more like staying at a friend's beautiful country pile than being a hotel guest, Old Whyly near East Hoathly is one of the best hotels near Glyndebourne. Just ten minutes away, this listed, luxury manor house has just three bedrooms, but also a heated pool and tennis courts. And the owner, Sarah Burgoyne, a Paris-trained cook will prepare a picnic for you to take to Glyndebourne.
- Another of our best hotels near Glyndebourne to offer opera picnics is Stone House about another 10 minutes away. The Dunn family who run this Tudor house with 18th Century additions have been there since they built it in 1495 and it is full of antiques and family paintings.
Best Hotels Near Glyndebourne - Country House Hotels
- Gravetye Manor near East Hoathly is a traditional English country house hotel with picture perfect English gardens, a croquet lawn and a Michelin-starred restaurant. Perfect if you’re planning to stay in one of our best hotels near Glyndebourne for more than one night.
- Ashdown Park is further away in Ashdown Forest, home to Winnie the Pooh, but this huge pile is surrounded by lovely grounds, and acres of parkland, a golf course, tennis courts and mountain biking tracks. And there’s an excellent spa.
Best Hotels Near Glyndebourne - Village Pub Accommodation
- The Griffin Inn at Fletching is a good comfortable, gastropub choice, with 13 comfortable rooms and fabulous views.
Best Hotels Near Glyndebourne - Brighton
Brighton is a good place to stay for Glyndebourne. And a number of our best hotels near Glyndebourne are located here.
- A regular Guru favourite is drakes, a boutique hotel which occupies a great position overlooking the pier. There’s also a 24 hour bar and a decent restaurant.
- Una is another popular Brighton B&B in a stripped down row of Georgian townhouses. There are 19 rooms, and an excellent cocktail bar and restaurant.
- If you’re looking for our best hotels near Glyndebourne but you’re on a budget, check out Twenty Seven, a stylish B&B just minutes from Brighton’s seafront and from the A23. A home from home experience in five rooms starting from £65 per night.
- And even if you’ve left it quite late to book, you might still find a room at The Grand Hotel, which has 201 of them. A Victorian charmer with traditionally elegant suites and bedrooms, this is a well known landmark.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels near Glyndebourne in our list try expanding your search to include our Guru’s best places to stay in East Sussex, or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Old Whyly 3 rooms from $128Lewes, East Sussex
Listed manor house set in beautiful gardens with heated pool and tennis court. Luxury B & B with antiques and a house party feel. Dinners can be arranged. Good base for Glyndebourne.Garden - Attractive outside space.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolGreat walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Stone House 8 rooms from $180Heathfield, East Sussex
Antique filled country house B&B owned by the same family since 1495, just outside the village of Rushlake Green. Excellent dinners offered, and pheasant shooting available.Garden - 1000 acre estateCooking classes - Overseen by Master Chef Jane DunnRestrictions on children - No children under 9Full of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Gravetye Manor 17 rooms from $339East Grinstead, West Sussex
An Elizabethan gem of timeless comforts, with fine wood panelled bedrooms, four poster beds and an exceptional garden. Old fashioned hospitality with modern standards. Independently owned with Michelin starred cooking and lots of outdoor activities.Romantic Break - Grand period country house - utterly charming for a couple's getawayFoodies - The restaurant holds one Michelin starFishing - Boasts a 3 acre lake for fly fishingGreat walks - A range of wonderful local walksRecommended by - Johansens, Relais & Chateaux
Ashdown Park Hotel 106 rooms from $259East Grinstead, East Sussex
Country house hotel with excellent facilities for the whole family in Ashdown Forest. Acres of parkland, spa facilities, golf course, tennis courts. Award-winning restaurant with forest views.Swimming Pool - IndoorSpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Johansens, Small Luxury Hotels
Griffin Inn 13 rooms from $117Fletching, East Sussex
Very popular village gastropub with excellent food and 13 comfortable rooms, many with 4 posters, in picturesque Fletching, with fabulous views over the Ouse valley. Ideal for families.Restaurant - Recommended.Views - Lovely garden views over Sheffield ParkFull of character
drakes 20 rooms from $223Brighton
Seafront boutique hotel with impressive sea and city views. Luxurious large light rooms all individually designed, some with window side free standing baths. A 24-hour bar will keep party seekers occupied. The modern European restaurant has been highly accoladed. Ideal for a stylish city stay.Romantic Break - Start with cocktails in the hip bar, a mouthwatering meal, a stroll along the pier and then back to your sumptuous handmade bed!City Style - Brighton's most happening hotel, interiors ooze style and confident elegance not to mention the unbeatable location and views.Great walks - Watch the sunset whilst strolling along Brighton Beach, or head down to the pier for a piece of Brighton Rock.Sights nearby - In prime location just down the road from the Brighton Pier, the big wheel and the Royal Pavilion.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Sawdays
Una 19 rooms from $254Brighton
A stripped down contemporary refashioning of a Georgian townhouse. Individually styled rooms each featuring contemporary art. Some have in room free standing baths. Private terraces with great views of Regency Square. Well positioned and good value. Highly popular.Value chic - Great value central hotel, right on the beach with designer furnishings, gourmet breakfasts and plenty of charm.Great walks - Just off the shoreline, this hotel is ideally placed for those romantic strolls along Brighton beach.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Royal Pavillion, or take a turn around Regency Square.Full of character
Twenty Seven 5 rooms from $85Brighton
Stylish and sophisticated B&B just minutes from both seafront and city centre. Feel at home with large double beds, crisp Egyptian cotton, fluffy bathrobes and free WiFi. The perfect base for exploring everything this eclectic city has to offer and close to the vibrant nightlife.Sights nearby - Brighton Pier and the Royal PavilionClose to nightlifeValue chicRestrictions on children - No children under 16
The Grand Hotel, Brighton 201 rooms from $168Brighton (East Sussex)
A glorious Victorian hotel with sea views, traditionally elegant bedrooms and deluxe suites over 7 floors. Brighton's original "grand dame" offers an exceptional culinary experience with locally sourced ingredients and luxury spa. A perfect venue for weddings, conferences or a short seaside break.Close to nightlifeSpa - Wide range of ESPA treatments for men and women.Great walks - Stroll the promenade, pier and beachSights nearby - The Royal Pavillion