16 of The Best Pubs with Rooms in Norfolk
Almost mythically flat and endless, Norfolk is a watery county, with its beautiful inland broads, salt marshes, rolling dunes and smooth beaches. This is a relaxing place to travel around - and a very flat one, if you’re weighing up walking and cycling destinations - dotted with ancient chutes, castles and charming seaside towns. It’s this peacefulness which makes it such a wonderful destination to discover the old way, via the highways and byways, and the coaching inns and pubs with rooms along the routes.
There’s plenty of choice when it comes to offering recommendations for the best pubs with rooms in Norfolk and the best coaching inns. Norfolk does have a reputation for being slightly old fashioned, but while there are still plenty of pubs offering rooms, they’re not at all fusty or musty! Our Guru’s recommendations for 16 of the best pubs with rooms in Norfolk includes a lively inn overlooking the Brancaster estuary and a modernised country inn beside one of this country’s most beautiful sandy beaches. Plus good food, comfortable rooms, local tips and a friendly welcome every time.
The Best Pubs with Rooms in Norfolk
The Best Pubs with Rooms in Norfolk to Escape to!
- The Lifeboat Inn is a charming rural inn on north Norfolk's beautiful coastline. There are just 13 rooms, which blend contemporary style yet retain the original charm. Downstairs you'll find a warm, fire lit lounge, a buzzing bar and exemplary restaurant.
- The Dabbling Duck is a quaint Norfolk pub with nine charming, characterful rooms. In season the restaurant serves local game, and the beautiful, countryside setting really makes it feel like a proper rural escape, even though you’re not far from Kings Lynn, and Sandringham.
The Best Pubs with Rooms for the Norfolk Coast
- The White Horse is a lively, 15 room inn overlooking the Brancaster estuary. popular with families and sailors. You’re close to the coast path and the decor is chic, modern and nautical. The White Horse is well known for its menu, especially its seafood.
- The Crown Hotel, in the coastal town of Wells next the Sea, has 17 legantly styled rooms with enormous sash windows and antique furniture, and downstairs there's a traditional restaurant where they use local produce to great effect.
- Blakeney is a pretty coastal village, and The White Horse Blakeney's nine rooms are chic, contemporary, bright and airy with white-washed walls, crisp white linen, exposed beams and monochrome soft furnishings. The laid-back restaurant serves 'innovative British fare'.
- The Globe Inn is in a spectacular spot close to some of Norfolk's most beautiful sandy beaches. The seven contemporary rooms are light and airy with brightly patterned wallpaper, crisp white linen and modern bathrooms. Downstairs exemplary pub fare is served in the restaurant and there's a cosy lounge too.
The Best Pubs with Rooms in Norfolk for Foodies
- The Black Lion Hotel is a beautifully refurbished inn in an historic village, with six rooms, individually styled to keep their original period features, with white-washed walls and just a few carefully placed artefacts. The fantastic restaurant serves British classics using the finest local produce.
- The Brisley Bell in rural north Norfolk is a recently restored brick-and-flint coaching inn, with oodles of character, a large inviting bar and acclaimed food. the generous sized, individually designed bedrooms are set in a private courtyard. Rooms start from around £90 per night.
- Or, also in north Norfolk, and for a similar rate per night you might like to try The Ship Hotel, a charming, recently refurbished village pub, with well placed pieces of art, crisp white linen and beamed ceilings. The bar is atmospheric and the restaurant serves up innovative fare.
The Best Pubs with Rooms in Norfolk for Couples
- The Fritton Arms has been given a new lease of life after a total refurbishment. The bright airy bedrooms now have an artsy vibe and the restaurant serves up gourmet fare.
- The Kings Head is a charming country inn with beautifully styled interiors and impeccable pub fare. It has just four elegantly styled rooms, which are traditional yet unfussy, with well placed art, crisp white linen and soft pastel hues; it's dog-friendly, too. The restaurant uses mainly local produce and there's a great ale selection.
- Built in the 16th century, The Chequers Inn offers original features - think oak beams and flagstone floors, but with chic, boutique-style comfort and detail. Whites, blues and greys echo the property's coastal nature, and there's an AA one Rosette restaurant
The Best Country Inns in Norfolk
- On the North Norfolk Coast Road, the Victoria Inn is a comfortable, modernised country inn with access to the Holkham estate and one of England’s best sandy beaches. This is a great spot for birdwatchers, and the restaurant is good.
- The Gunton Arms is a beautifully restored old country inn on a large country estate. There are eight rooms, plenty of character and plenty of art, plus a restaurant inspired by Mark Hix. This is also a great spot for birdwatchers as well as walkers.
The Best Value Pubs with Rooms in Norfolk
- The Wiveton Bell is another traditional country inn, this time in an enviable coastal spot. There are six chic rooms with some nice original features and nice antiques, plus a great restaurant serving modern British fare. A rural haven with rooms starting from around £75 per night.
- The Bedingfeld Arms in Oxborough, is a cosy countryside inn wth just nine, recently renovated rooms and an authentic pub - with a menu offering traditional, locally sourced fare, some of it sourced from the pub’s own veggie garden. Peaceful and traditional, some rooms have interconnecting doors so work well for families. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best pubs with rooms in Norfolk on our Guru’s list of 16 of the best pubs with rooms in Norfolk you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Norfolk?
- Or you could refine your search to our Guru's recommendations for 12 of The Best Hotels on the North Norfolk Coast? or the best places to stay in Norwich? or the best places to stay in King's Lynn?
- Or you oculd expand your search to include all the best pubs with rooms in the South East?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
16 of The Best Pubs with Rooms in Norfolk
The Lifeboat Inn 13 rooms from £105Thornham, Norfolk
A charming rural inn set in an enviable location on Norfolk's beautiful coastline. Atmospheric rooms have undergone a sensitive renovation bringing some contemporary style yet keeping the original charm. Downstairs find a warm fire lit lounge, buzzing bar and exemplary restaurant.Country Escape - The ideal rural escape: fire lit lounges, cosy bedrooms, coastal walks and fabulous food.Sights nearby - Visit the houses, gardens and museums of grand stately homes such as Sandringham Estate and Holkham Hall.Birdwatching - North Norfolk is the UK's birdwatching capital and just over a mile from Thornham is RSPB Titchwell.Great walks - Discover the coastline, forests, parks and gardens of Norfolk.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Dabbling Duck 9 rooms from £100Great Massingham, Norfolk
A quaint Norfolk pub with a selection of charming rooms. Retire to the characterful, comfortable rooms after enjoying some delicious seasonal game from the restaurant. Surrounded by beautiful countryside, it's perfect for a weekend of exploring in Norfolk.Local exploring - Ideal for exploring the surrounding Norfolk countryside, with dogs welcome and special dog menus.Birdwatching - Twitchers will be pleased to hear there is great birdwatching at the Titchwell Nature Reserve.Sights nearby - Visit the Queen's christmas retreat, Sandringham Estate.Great walks - The Pensthorpe Nature Reserve has great woodland walks.Recommended by - Sawdays
Victoria Inn 20 rooms from £165Holkham, Norfolk
A comfortable, modernised country inn with a traditional ambience on North Norfolk's coast road. With access to Holkham estate behind and an expansive sandy beach (one of England's best) just half a mile away. Ideal for beach walks, birdwatching and playing. Good restaurant.Country Escape - A traditional English country house surrounded by rugged sceneryBeach nearby - Large sandy beach with dunes within walking distanceSights nearby - The Annual Holkham Country FairKayaking - The Lake at Holkham
Black Lion Hotel 6 rooms from £95Norfolk
A beautifully refurbished Inn set in a historical village. Six individually styled rooms keep their original period features, the walls are white-washed and there are just a few carefully placed artefacts. A fantastic restaurant serves British classics using the finest local produce.Country Escape - A quaint small Inn in a pretty historic village; think good ale, roaring fires and long walks.Sights nearby - Visit the Marian shrine and its ancient abbey within Little Walsingham itself.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque Sculthorpe Moor Nature Reserve.Traditional
The Fritton Arms 9 rooms from £130Fritton, Norfolk
Having undergone a most fabulous of facelifts this 15th century property has a new lease of life. Bright and beautifully upholstered furnishings create an artsy vibe in airy bedrooms. There is a sitting room with log fire for guests to enjoy, bar, garden and gourmet restaurant. Pets are welcome too!Sights nearby - Somerleyton HallDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Great walks - Good for walkers.Full of character
The Chequers Inn 11 rooms from £108Hunstanton, Norfolk
Set in a 16th-century building, The Chequers Inn is located in the village of Thornham. Combines original features (think oak beams and flagstone floors) with chic boutique accommodation. Whites, blues and greys echo the property's coastal nature. Features a one Rosette restaurant! A charming stay.Local exploring - Explore historic Thornham and head off hiking around the areaFoodies - Enjoy absolutely divine dishes from the restaurantGreat walks - Thornham is situated in the midst of the beautiful Holme Dunes National Nature ReserveSights nearby - Visit the stunning Sandringham House Museum & Grounds, 15 km awayRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The White Horse 15 rooms from £130Brancaster Staithe, Norfolk
A lively inn with panoramic views overlooking Brancaster estuary. Popular with families and sailors. An ideal weekend getaway spot with direct access to the coastal path. Chic, modern suites are decorated in nautical palettes. The theme continues to the menu where fresh seafood dishes are served.Exclusive offerFoodies - Famed for its menu, specialising in seafoodCountry Escape - Classic British coastal stayFishing - 'Norfolk Fishing Trips & Exploring the tidal creeks and Scolt Head IslandGreat walks - Norfolk Coastal path runs along the bottom of the gardenRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Gunton Arms 8 rooms from £95Thorpe Market, Norfolk
Lavish, recently restored country inn on a country estate. Much modern art from a famous collector. Bags of character and excellent Mark Hix inspired food.Views - Views of the deer parkRestaurant - Recommended.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
The White Horse Blakeney 9 rooms from £99Norfolk
A contemporary pub situated in the pretty coastal village of Blakeley. Chic rooms are bright and airy with white-washed walls, crisp white linen, exposed beams and monochrome soft furnishings. Dine in the laid-back restaurant serving innovative British fare. A charming stay.Total relaxation - Unwind in this coastal property with well appointed rooms, a cosy bar and exemplary restaurant in a quiet corner of Norfolk.Sights nearby - Visit the Halls at Blickling, Felbrigg, Holkham, Houghton and Sandringham House..Sailing - Sail from Blakeley Point and spot the local seals.Great walks - Bring your boots and set out on a coastal walk.
The Crown Hotel 17 rooms from £100Wells-next-the-Sea, Norfolk
A delightful hotel and bar in the coastal town of Wells next the Sea. Elegantly styled rooms benefit from enormous sash windows, antique furniture and sink-into beds. A traditional restaurant uses local produce to great effect and there's a buzzing bar too.Local exploring - Located in a lively beachside town ideally placed for accessing Norfolk's coastline and main sites.Sights nearby - The county is host to a number of stately homes including Sandringham Estate, Sheringham Park and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Embark on long walks along some of the 43 miles of coastline Norfolk has to offer.Sailing - Take a seal spotting trip to Blakeney Harbour.
The Globe Inn 7 rooms from £140WELLS-NEXT-THE-SEA, Norfolk
A chic inn boasting a spectacular setting close to some of Norfolk's most beautiful sandy beaches. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with brightly patterned wallpaper, crisp white linen and modern bathrooms. Downstairs exemplary pub fare is served in the restaurant and there's a cosy lounge too.Country Escape - Discover the sandy beaches, beautiful walking country of Norfolk and come back to superb hearty food.Great walks - Find numerous walking trails in and around Wells.TraditionalRecommended by - Sawdays
Bedingfeld Arms 9 rooms from £69Oxborough, Norfolk
Cosy countryside inn offering comfort and tranquillity. Recently renovated rooms are inviting with classic wooden furniture, traditional fabrics and carefully considered colour schemes. The heart of the inn is its authentic pub restaurant and bar space with fireplace and armchairs. Dog-friendly.Foodies - Locally sourced meats and a private vegetable garden provide the ingredients for hearty, healthy and traditional fareHideaway - Withdraw and unwind in the heart of rural Norfolk, miles away from the demanding buzz of modern life.Families - Some rooms adjoin and the connecting doors can be opened, which is ideal for families with children.Country Escape - A more gentle pace of life - crisp early-morning woodland walks await at the Bedingfield Arms.
The Kings Head 4 rooms from £110Holt (North Norfolk)
A charming country inn with beautifully styled interiors and impeccable pub fare. Four elegantly styled rooms are traditional yet unfussy, with well placed art, crisp white linen and soft pastel hues; dog-friendly, too. The restaurant uses mainly local produce and there's a great ale selection too.Country Escape - Expect fantastic food, warm service, open fireplaces and excellent walking country.Great walks - Take long walks along Blakeney beach and through the National Nature Reserve.Sailing - Take a boat from Morston Quay to spot Norfolk's seals.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Holkham Hall Estate.
The Wiveton Bell 6 rooms from £75Holt, Norfolk
A traditional country inn boasting an enviable coastal location. Chic rooms mix contemporary style with classical charm; think soft hues, antique style furniture and the odd exposed beam against a smart white finish. An excellent restaurant serves up a modern British fare. A stunning rural escape.Country Escape - A quaint pub near the coastal salt marshes, eat traditional hearty cuisine and go for long walks. A rural haven.Value chic - A great value stay in the Great British countrysideGreat walks - Gorgeous coastal walks along picturesque beaches and across the salt marshes.Sailing - A number of sailing clubs to choose from in the area.
The Brisley Bell 6 rooms from £88North Norfolk
Recently restored brick-and-flint coaching inn, with oodles of character, a large inviting bar and acclaimed food. Generous, individually designed bedrooms set in a private courtyard. A charming base to explore rural Norfolk.Country Escape - Set in a charming spot with cosy interiors and exceptional rural views, lovely walks. Dogs welcome.Foodies - Serving classic British dishes with contemporary touches. Well acclaimedLocal exploringSights nearby - Galleries and stately homes aplenty in the surrounding area including Blickling Hall and Houghton
The Ship Hotel 9 rooms from £90North Norfolk
A charming village pub ideally located to explore this north-western part of Norfolk. The rooms, following a refurbishment, have a fresh feel with soft hues, well placed pieces of art, crisp white linen and beamed ceilings. The bar is atmospheric and the restaurant serves up innovative fare.Local exploring - Perfectly positioned for exploring north-west Norfolk's stately homes and picturesque coastline.Birdwatching - Just down the road is the RSPB Titchwell Marsh home to numerous migratory birds.Sights nearby - Spend an afternoon visiting the nearby Holkham Hall and Houghton Hall.Great walks - Take long walks along the secenic coastline.