Search the best hotels in Tribalj
Tribalj is a charming village of 600 people on the Vinodol coastal area of Northern Croatia. It lies in the hinterland of Crikevenica and dates back to Roman times. Named after the church of the monastery of the Pauline fathers who founded it in 1412, more recently - from the 18th century onwards - the town became the main centre on the Vinodol coast: by 1877 a great harbour was built, and soon tourists began pouring in. Now there is a glorious bathing beach, hydropathic establishment and many elegant hotels. A great place for a family holiday or a chance to get-away-from-it-all on a couples escape. A beautiful and untamed part of the North Adriatic coast, with pale rocky mountains bearded with pinewood crowned with ruined forts and churches; an area not to be missed! The best places to stay in Tribalj offer the visitor a sense of rustic tranquillity and an ideal locus for exploring the surrounding country.
What not to miss
- Hike through the wild and rugged landscape. There are a great many ruins peppering the mountainsides to be explored along the way.
- Enjoy a spot of paragliding and see the rugged land sweep beneath your feet.
- Hire a bike and cycle through the lush Mediterranean landscape.
- Make a stop at the hydropathic centre and unwind after a day of sightseeing.
- Sunbathe on the long pristine beach.
Tribalj nestles in a wild and beautiful corner of the North Adriatic. Still fairly untamed and untouched by the tourist trade, be sure to book up fast before it's too late! Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Tribalj to start planning yout trip.
The best places to stay in Tribalj
For rustic chic
- The Hotel Balatura is a 300 year old former manor house turned family run hotel situated in the quiet valley of Vinodol. Wine tastings and local excursions are also on the menu. Balatura is only 6km from the sea and surrounded by woods and mountains.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Fly to Rijeka International Airport, and take a 25 minute taxi ride to Tribalj.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to go is during the summer, when the temperature ranges between 18 and 29 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Tribalj
- or Croatia
- or contact, one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Tribalj
Best Hotels in Tribalj
Hotel Balatura Tribalj 10 rooms from AU$130Active Holiday - Surrounded by mountain and sea the hotel has a wealth of different outdoor pursuits to get involved in.Views - Great views from hotelRestaurant - Delicious rustic cuisine.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - I Escape
A rustic chic boutique hotel nestled between mountains and sea. A stone walled building with traditional rooms. Iron beds, wooden floors, and painted shutters make for lots of charm. Stunning valley views, rustic vegetarian cuisine, leafy terraces. Plenty to do in the surrounds. See More