Search the best hotels in Quimper
Whilst its name may not inspire much confidence, Quimper is a delightful city in western Brittany. Taking its name from the Breton for 'confluent', the city stands at the meeting point between two rivers: the Steir and the Odet. Renowned for its rustic atmosphere, Quimper is home to a beautiful array of distinctive, vernacular architecture. The best places to stay in Quimper tend to be in, or closeby, the historic old town.
Things not to miss:
- Quimper is known for its distinctive Breton architecture, the city is perfect for exploring on foot. Walk through Quimper's quaint streets and absorb the city's rustic charm. The Old Town has many lovely half timbered properties which date back to the 14th century and the Place au Beurre is an ideal place to stop for coffee and a spot of people-watching!
- With a remarkable bend in its middle, the Roman Catholic cathedral of Saint-Corentin is a must visit for any visitor.
- There are two art museums in Quimper worth visiting: Musée des Beaux-Arts and the Faience Museum.
- If you're there at the end of July, don't miss out on the Cornouaille Festival, a traditional festival that celebrates all of Breton culture.
Awash with charm and character, the best places to stay in Quimper tend to be small-scale boutique hotels.
The best places to stay in Quimper
For a central location
- Hotel Gradlon is set in a lovely townhouse in the heart of Quimper. Its elegant rooms are decorated with floral wallpaper and comfortable furnishings. The great location and superb value is a hard combination to turn down.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest international airport to Quimper is Brest (48 miles) and there is a train station with excellent connections across Brittany.
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Quimper is from June to September, when the temperatures sit in the low twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Quimper
Hotel Gradlon Quimper 19 rooms from AU$108
An attractive townhouse hotel in the centre of Quimper with cosy bedrooms. Charming sitting room with a fireplace and soft furnishings, breakfast terrace, and within walking distance of all the main attractions.Sights nearby - Walking distance from all of Quimper's attractionsLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel Ginkgo 29000 Quimper 20 rooms from AU$176
A smart hotel in a historic Quimper building with quaint gardens surrounded by moss-covered walls. Interiors are hip with bright artwork, and chic rooms are modern and practical. There are relaxing spa facilities for guests and a generous breakfast is available. A lovely and convenient base.Local exploring - Situated in the heart of historic Quimper, well-placed to visit cultural sights, bars and restaurantsSights nearby - St Corentin Cathedral, Quimper Cathedral and Jardin de la Retraite by the eastern ramparts of the city are a mustGreat walks - Locmaria Botanical Gardens are just around the corner from the hotel and feature some very pretty walksLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Manoir des Indes 29000 Quimper 13 rooms from AU$210
Country hotel in lush gardens very close to Quimper. Interiors are elegant and in keeping with the grand building, featuring antiques and rich furnishings. The superb restaurant has a menu boasting seasonal, locally sourced ingredients while the indulgent spa and gorgeous indoor pool seals the deal!Country Escape - Historic house surrounded by lovely parkland, an ideal country idyll away from the hustle and bustle of everyday lifeGreat walks - Around the hotel's parklands there are some lovely trails or in Quimper climb the pretty Mont FrugySights nearby - Quimper Cathedral and Jardin de la Retraite by the eastern ramparts of the city are a mustSwimming Pool - Indoor swimming pool