Search the best hotels in St Tropez
About St Tropez
St-Tropez has become a byword for wealth and glamour on a slightly hedonistic scale. And on this score this town is without peer - what with the harbour full of super yachts and central square full of sports cars. But St-Tropez is also rich in culture and history. It is home to some wonderful avant-garde art galleries, trading on former residents such as Signac and Matisse, and the markets and small port are bristling with fresh local produce and fresh fish. And despite its reputation, some of the best places to stay in St-Tropez are actually affordable.
But it's not all brassy glamour, out of season St-Tropez still has the charm of fishing village life in one of the world's most beautiful coastal spots.
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in St Tropez doesn't just cater for those with deep pockets. We've managed to track down some very good value options in the heart of this glitzy spot! Use our guide and start to plan your visit.
The Best places to stay in St Tropez
For St-Tropez on a St-Tropez budget!
- Sumptuous and luxurious, the Hotel Residence de la Pinède is also one of the few hotels in the South of France with access to a good beach. As well as its beach terraces and elegant suites, this hotel also has a restaurant with two Michelin stars.
- The Chateau De La Messardiere is too cool even for St-Tropez, instead it peers down from a hilltop overlooking the bay. This is a glitzy and secluded spot to relax in, where you'll feel truly pampered.
- Le Yaca is a collection of charming old houses just 100metres from Port des Pêcheurs. One of the houses was home to Colette in the 1920s. Discreet, casually chic and beautifully decorated in cool creams and whites accented by a Moroccan fabric here, an Oriental lantern there, it's the antithesis of St-Tropez flash and a real oasis of calm, especially the pool and garden.
On the Waterfront
- The Hotel de Paris is right in the heart of St-Tropez's old fishing hamlet heart, but packed with the latest and greatest technology and several swish restaurants, a chic bar perfect for people watching and a stunning swimming pool.
- Hotel Pastis is glamorous, with nine charming rooms decorated with stunning artworks, but relaxed, and only eight minutes from the centre of town.
For a Beach Break
- Hôtel de La Ponche is another hotel converted from a cluster of houses - this time right on a small beach. Rooms are elegant and classical, and some have beautiful views over the bay. With doubles starting from just £126 per night, this is also one of the best places to stay in St-Tropez if you're on a more modest budget.
St-Tropez for Deux
- Muse St-Tropez is a luxurious five-star hotel just above St-Tropez. The pool is beautiful and tranquil, there are just 14 peaceful rooms and the gardens are lush and lovely. There’s also a superb seafood restaurant.
- The Pan dei Palais is a superb five-star hotel with an oriental feel to the decor. Each of the 12 rooms is individually designed and decorated with bespoke furniture and Indian accents. The restaurant is Asian fusion.
- Le Mas de Chastelas is an 18th century mansion turned luxury hotel. It’s five minutes from the beach - but slightly along the bay from St-Tropez proper - they do offer a free shuttle bus into town. The 23 rooms are elegant and peaceful and there’s a huge garden surrounding the property. Relaxing and peaceful.
For Great Value
- If you want to be right in the heart of town, with bay views, then you can still find a reasonably priced room - try the Bastide du Port, a contemporary hotel in a lovely palm-shaded garden. There are 27 rooms, all with great views of the bay, plus it’s a short walk to the beach. Rooms start from around £130 per night.
The Best Places to Stay near St-Tropez
- Le Ferme d'Augustin is a charmingly converted farmhouse hotel in a beautiful spot, only five minutes from St-Tropez's port, but surrounded by lemon trees and olive groves.
For a self-catering Apartment or Private Villa
- If you’d prefer to stay in a self-catering apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Obviously the best way to get to St-Tropez is on your luxury yacht. Failing that the closest airport is Toulon-Hyères, which is about 50minutes away. Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport might be more convenient though, it’s about 90minutes away, but with more choice when it comes to carriers and destinations. Cruise ships dock in the harbour too, and there are ferries across the bay.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you’re staying in St-Tropez and want to see more of the Côte d'Azur - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars. Be aware that the main road through St-Tropez is famous for its world class traffic jams in the peak of summer, though.
- One of the main points of St-Tropez is to ‘be’ there. And part of that means being there at the right time. Sure, if you go outside the summer months then it will be quieter and cheaper, but then you wouldn't be seeing people and being seen. The weather will still be lovely, though.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in St-Tropez for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on the Côte d'Azur,
- or try checking out the best places to stay in Cannes,
- or the best places to stay in Fréjus,
- or the best places to stay in Nice,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in St Tropez
Best Hotels in St Tropez
Le Ferme d'Augustin St Tropez 22 rooms from AU$245FamiliesGroupsPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have hot tub bathsSights nearby - Only 5 mins from St TropezRecommended by - Sawdays
Fabulous coastline farmhouse hotel within striking distance of St. Tropez and Tahiti Beach. Wonderful greenery in the garden viewed from sunlit rooms and suites with private terraces. Couples, families, groups of friends can enjoy delicious food and relax amongst the lemon trees and olive groves. See More
Bastide du Port St Tropez 27 rooms from AU$245Beach Life - Conveniently located just seven minutes walk from the beach, plus the hotel organises yacht rentals for exploring the coast.Sailing - A fantastic place to lay your head when docking in St. Tropez.Views - Great views from hotel
A comfortable contemporary hotel nestled in lovely garden shaded by ancient palm trees. The rooms are simple and pleasant, with some boasting great views over St. Tropez bay. Make the most of the proximity to the beach and yacht hire facilities. In the evening, enjoy a drink at the Bastide bar. See More
Hotel Pastis St Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 9 rooms from AU$326Beach LifeCity StyleChicSwimming Pool - 15 m x 5m PoolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Pan dei Palais St Tropez 12 rooms from AU$342Romantic Break - With opulent Indian inspired bedrooms and deluxe spa treatments, it's perfect for a relaxing, romantic break in St Tropez.Beach Life - The hotel sits just seven minutes walk from the beach, and has its own extremely luxurious motor yacht for guests to use.Local markets - Make sure to explore the St Tropez bi-weekly market to pick up some yummy regional treats.Sights nearby - Anyone with an interest in history should visit the St Tropez Citadel.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Great Small Hotels , Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Pan dei Palais is a superb five-star hotel, brimming with inspiration from the orient, in central St Tropez. The characterful rooms are individually appointed with bespoke furniture and Indian accents. Enjoy cocktails at the poolside bar and delicious exotic asian cuisine in the restaurant. See More
Kube Hotel St Tropez 68 rooms from AU$443Beach Life - A luxurious beachside property ideal for some serious self-indulgence.Great walks - Take long walks along the rugged walkways and little paths that open out into expansive beaches.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A sleek beachside property offering all the luxury one would expect from this part of France. Decadent rooms are minimalist and contemporary and boast spectacular sea views. A spoiling spa and enormous pool aid total relaxation and two exemplary restaurants offer innovative and delicious fare. See More
Hôtel de La Ponche St Tropez 18 rooms from AU$391Sights nearby - The best known beaches are Club 55 and Tahiti beach just ten minutes from Saint-Tropez’s center and hotel de La Ponche.Great walks - Discover Saint-Tropez’s shaded streets and mythical spots with interactive guided tours every Wednesday at 10am.Views - Overlooks the bay of St TropezLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Frommers
Cluster of old houses form a chic, yet intimate hotel right on the beach. The elegant rooms are classically furnished and exude understated luxury. A fine dining restaurant spills out onto the street and terraces are available for breakfast with a view. Easy access to St Tropez town and markets. See More
Hotel de Paris St Tropez 90 rooms from AU$440Swimming Pool - The stunning architecturally designed swimming pool, the only one of its kind, is suspended above the atrium to form a skylightRestaurant - Bayview for a lavish breakfast and The Roof and Saffran Cafe for gourmet French and Japanese cuisineBar - The Atrium Bar is the place to go for a glass of champagne or cocktail and watch the world go bySuites - The presidential suite has two floors, two terraces and a hot tubRecommended by - Tablet
Close to the waterfront this stylish hotel is bang in the middle of this iconic 'fishing village'. Recently redesigned, it boasts the latest technology, several swish restaurants, a chic bar for people watching and streamlined contemporary bedrooms. The pièce de la résistance is the stunning pool. See More
Le Yaca St Tropez 47 rooms from AU$448Hideaway - The comfortable and stylish suites, leafy gardens, poolside loungers and chic restaurant and bar mean you never need to leave.Local markets - The hotel is only a ten mnute walk from the delightful Place des Lices open-air market in the heart of St.-Tropez.Sailing - Only a three minute walk from the Port, charter a boat and head out to explore the Riveria.Sights nearby - The hotel is located at the foot of Saint-Tropez citadelle, a major attraction.Recommended by - Frommers
A one of a kind hotel perched at the foot of the citadel of St Tropez. Quaint and stylish rooms have many original features and designs, with a strong French Provincial feel. The chic bar and restaurant serve mouthwatering cuisine and cocktails. Simple yet achingly elegant. See More
Le Mas De Chastelas St Tropez (Gassin) 23 rooms from AU$456Total relaxation - Spend the days relaxing by the pool and bask in the peaceful atmosphereActive Holiday - Tennis, golf and cycling all on offer nearbyViews - Views over the Bertaud Belieu vineyardsTennis - The hotel has its own court
This 18th century mansion has elegant rooms and is set in a huge and beautiful garden only five minutes away from the beach. Spend the days relaxing by their outdoor pool or head into St Tropez courtesy of the free shuttle bus. The restaurant serves traditional cuisine plus there's free parking. See More
Le Mouillage St Tropez (Port du Pilon) 14 rooms from AU$465Hideaway - Set just outside of the centre of St Tropez with a private pool and a plush garden, this hotel makes a perfect hideaway holidayGroups - The larger suites are perfect for groups or families and can accommodate up to four peopleRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's peaceful setting and attentive staff, plus the great outdoor poolSights nearby - Visit the Citadel of Saint-Tropez, a historic 17th-century fortress now housing a museum with nautical exhibits
This charming, four-star hotel is set within a Provencal country house in St Tropez. Rooms are individually styled in a blend of modern and traditional interior design; the best suites have a private terrace overlooking the garden. Unwind by the secluded outdoor pool; a relaxed home away from home. See More
Villa Marie St Tropez (Saint-Tropez) 45 rooms from AU$473Hideaway - A glorious property hidden in a tranquil pine forest in the beautiful French Riviera.Sailing - Join the rich and famous and charter a yacht for the day.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A picture perfect Provencal villa hidden amidst a pine forest and overlooking the bay. Spacious rooms are glamourous and private with quiet terraces, claw-foot tubs and Pure Altitude Spa products. Enjoy exemplary Mediterranean dishes in the romantic restaurant and cocktails with a serious view. See More
Saint Amour La Tartane St Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 28 rooms from AU$476Beach Life - Located a stone's throw from the coveted beaches of St Tropez, this hotel makes a great base for a seaside breakHoneymoons - Book a luxurious suite for added indulgence on your honeymoon; enquire with the hotel for honeymoon packagesRomantic Break - Couples love the hotel's stylish suites and the pretty outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
This exclusive, five-star hotel and spa is situated in a verdant park in St Tropez. Rooms are elegant and well-appointed with natural accents; the best suites offer separate living space and a private terrace. Enjoy al fresco dining at the hotel restaurant before a luxury yacht trip. A chic hotel. See More
Chateau De La Messardiere St Tropez (83990) 117 rooms from AU$489Total relaxation - A glamorous retreat in the hills above Saint-Tropez boasting an extensive spa, hammam, steam baths and impeccable service.Swimming Pool - Huge outdoor heated pool with stunning views over the Bay of St Tropez, plus an indoor pool in the spa.Sights nearby - The hotel runs a shuttle bus to St Tropez centre, head down and check out the sights.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
Glitzy and secluded luxury hotel set in a picturesque fairytale style chateaux, overlooking St Tropez bay. Ornate rooms are modern yet with a distinctly old world france feel. A perfect base for total relaxation, with lovely gardens, a good restaurant and a large pool and spa. See More
Hotel Le Mandala St Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 13 rooms from AU$611Romantic Break - Couples love the hotel's romantic terrace and pool, plus the al fresco dining available at the hotel restaurantHideaway - Set just outside of the busy centre of St Tropez, this hotel makes a great hideaway holiday destinationCity Style - The contemporary and stylish interiors of this hotel has reams of city styleRomantic - Good for couples.
This stylish boutique hotel is located just outside of the centre of St Tropez. Suites offer lavish furnishings, a separate living space and private terrace; book the penthouse for added luxury. Enjoy al fresco dining at the hotel restaurant or relax with a drink by the pool. A chic city bolt-hole. See More
Le Pre de la Mer St Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 14 rooms from AU$628Hideaway - Located in a secluded building with a private bar and restaurant, this hotel is perfect hideaway holiday destinationBeach Life - Within close proximity to the best beaches in St Tropez, this hotel is a great base for a beach breakRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy hotel rooms with a private terrace, plus the chic outdoor poolSailing - Spend a day on the crystalline waters of the Côte d'Azur with a sailing trip
This elegant, four-star hotel is located in St Tropez. Rooms are simply dressed with crisp linens and clean lines, opening onto a private terrace. The best suites offer direct access to the pool and feature designer furnishings. Eat at the poolside restaurant before a spa treatment. A luxury stay. See More
Lou Pinet St Tropez 34 rooms from AU$637Total relaxation - Occupying a tranquil spot just outside St Tropez complete with a spa and glorious swimming pool to lounge besideLocal markets - Head to the Place de Lices and purchase local produce (markets every Tuesday and Saturday)Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A chic St Tropez hotel occupying a picturesque and tranquil spot set back from the coast. Retro rooms are spacious and bright with pops of colour breaking up the whitewashed walls, plenty of light, and indulgent bathrooms. A large swimming pool is a real draw as is the glamorous restaurant. See More
White 1921 St Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 8 rooms from AU$644Beach Life - Located a stone's throw from the coveted beaches of St Tropez, this hotel makes a great base for a beach breakRomantic Break - The comfortable beds and romantic cocktail bar mean this hotel scores highly with couplesCity Style - Located on an exclusive square in St Tropez, this hotel has plenty of chic city styleRomantic - Good for couples.
This chic hotel occupies a former mansion in Place des Lices, St Tropez. Rooms are bright and elegant with crisp white linens; the best suite offers a pretty private terrace. Unwind with a drink in the new hotel cocktail bar, designed by architect Jean-Michel Wilmotte. An exclusive city stay. See More
Muse St Tropez (Ramatuelle) 14 rooms from AU$848Total relaxation - A small luxurious hotel set in a quiet spot in scenic Ramatuelle, a place to unwind and be pampered.Spa - La Tente by Spa Village offers a wide range of relaxing treatments to be enjoyed in a tent amid the fragrant gardensGreat walks - Take a stroll from the hotel to Eglise de St Tropez and enjoy the lovely views.Local markets - Peruse the Place des Lices market and buy local produce and antiques.
Hotel Byblos St Tropez (Saint-Tropez) 91 rooms from AU$1056Great walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and marvel at the stunning views - wonderfully romantic!Spa - Spa Byblos by Sisley offers a range of treatments in luxurious surroundings.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Romantic - Good for couples.
Hotel Byblos is a dreamy 5* retreat in the heart of St Tropez. The uniquely decorated, extremely spacious rooms feature Provençal themes and boast upmarket bathrooms. Spend your days by the pool, on the beach or in the spa. Lovely cuisine served. A classy stay in a superb spot. See More
Althoff Hotel Villa Belrose St Tropez (Cote d'Azur) 40 rooms from AU$1263Total relaxation - With a spa, pool, restaurant and bar on-site, this hotel is a great place to unwind and relax on your next holidayHoneymoons - Book a suite at this luxury hotel for a honeymoon with added indulgenceRomantic Break - Couples love the VIP service at this exclusive hotel and spaSailing - Enjoy a sailing trip during your stay at this exclusive hotel; enquire at the hotel regarding boat hireRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
This luxury hotel is nestled on a hill just outside of Saint-Tropez. Rooms have neoclassical soft furnishings with a modern finish; the best suites have a private terrace with views over the bay of Saint-Tropez. Eat in the restaurant or by the pool before booking in at the luxury spa. A VIP retreat. See More