Search the best hotels in Bali
Undoubtedly one of the world's best-known tropical islands, ever-popular Bali is a gorgeous choice for family, friends or honeymooning couples. There is a tremendous range of accommodation available on this sun-drenched Indonesian island, with everything from self-catering villas to opulent luxury hotels. Many of the best places to stay in Bali are dotted along the coast, but some of our favourite spots are tucked away in the island's leafy interior, offering a serene and secluded escape.
Some of our Bali Collections:
- 13 of the Best Resorts in Bali
- 20 of the Best 5 Star Luxury Hotels in Bali
- Best jungle resorts and hotels in Bali
- Best hotels for honeymoons in Bali
- Best boutique hotels in Bali
- Best beachfront hotels in Bali
- Best family hotels in Bali
- Best hotels with pools in Bali
- Best hotels for wildlife in Bali
- Best romantic hotels in Bali
Famed for surfing and spas, spectacular diving and superb beaches, Bali has become a hip and sophisticated destination, with stacks of activities for everyone. If you're eager to experience Balinese culture, base yourself in the mountainous centre of the island, near Ubud. A short drive from some of the most striking of the island's 20,000 temples, Ubud was once the retreat of backpackers and artists, but a burgeoning selection of luxury properties, bars and eateries have emerged in recent years. A hub of museums and galleries, this is also a brilliant place to see traditional Balinese performances -- some of which are held in the old royal residence.
Beyond Ubud lies Bali's lush, green interior, where rich volanic soil encourages wild tropical growth. Enjoy guided jungle hikes, cycle amongst paddy fields and tranquil villages, and marvel at the mountains looming skywards. There is huge regional variety around the island. Head south for more developed classics such as Kuta, Canggu or Seminyak. Trendy Seminyak has become a luxurious haven, home to some fabulous hotels, whilst other hideaways are scattered in the island's many little bays and quiet coves, awaiting discovery. Comparatively unexplored, the western part of Bali boasts West Bali National Park, whilst the quiet north has impressive volcanic black sand beaches, and was once the location of the island's old capital.
Many of the best places to stay in Bali boast indulgent spas with wonderfully restorative treatments, lavish suites and spell-binding views. Don't forget to venture beyond your villa or resort, however, to taste the delicious fresh food on offer at Bali's many markets, to watch as ancient religious ceremonies hold up blaring 21st-century traffic, and to delve into the wilderness of the verdant jungle.
The Best Places to Stay in Bali
For beachfront bliss
- The Oberoi opened in 1978, as the first luxury resort in Bali. Expect mouth-watering food and excellent service, as well as direct access to gorgeous Seminyak Beach. Bali's best restaurants and clubs are nearby, too. Book a private pool villa for luxurious bliss!
- Jimbaran Puri offers stunning sea views over Jimbaran Bay. Accommodation is in charming cottages and villas dotted around the grounds - perfect for romantic hideaways or fun, family trips, as there's space for everyone in the larger villas. Elegant, grown-up luxury.
- Matahari Beach Resort features wooden folding doors and four-poster beds in hand-crafted Balinese bungalows, made by local craftsmen. Kick back at the spa, savour a fusion of eastern and western fare, and delight in the harmonious balance of tradition and opulence. The private beach is a highlight, too!
- Puri Ganesha prides itself on being Bali’s most secret beachfront hideaway, with four villas set in their own private gardens. Pick this place for the seclusion and laid-back vibe, complete with superb organic food and charming hosts! Peaceful and private - great for families or couples.
- The Mulia in Nusa Dua is a lavish beachfront resort, offering crisp, contemporary design in 111 rooms and suites, and spectacular views. A popular wedding venue, the property features extensive facilities - including a soothing spa - and a postcard-perfect beach location. Bold and glitzy.
- The Tugu showcases a vibrant celebration of the ancient kingdoms of Indonesia through 22 timber houses set amidst lotus ponds and lush gardens. A funky Canggu gem, filled with eclectic artefacts and just moments from the beach. The five restaurants ensure there's plenty of choice! One for lovers of quirky and traditional design keen to retreat after days by the sea.
- The Samata puts wellbeing at the heart of its ethos, with lifestyle retreats running throughout the year, health and fitness experts in residence, and a brilliant choice of spa treaments, as well as yoga classes and a state-of-the-art gym. Feast on superfood-focused dishes and admire gorgeous ocean views from spacious modern suites.
- Desa Seni is a charming yoga and wellness retreat close to Canggu, inspired by a classic Indonesian village. The 12 rustic rooms feature antique Balinese furnishings and hand-crafted sculptures, whilst the organic restaurant showcases produce from the vegetable gardens. Unwind with the free daily yoga classes and enjoy restorative treatments at the spa.
- Soori Bali is a super-slick eco property hidden away from the crowds and overlooking a velvety black beach. One for design lovers, this collection of villas embraces a bold, minimalist asethetic, with crisp clean lines and monochromatic tones. Come for the transformative focus on mind, body and soul, through acupuncture, yoga, massage therapies and meditation. Soori Spa is magical.
- COMO Shambhala is an exquisitely elegant hotel, perfect for romantinc honeymoons or rejuvenating hideaways. Overlooking forested hills near Ubud, the hotel features 30 beautiful suites in nine individually-designed villas, each of which has its own pool. Indulge in fabulous spa treatments, terrific food and wonderful adventures - including trekking, rafting or mountain biking. Private and hugely romantic.
- Sanak Retreat boasts just 11 spacious wooden bungalows, complete with chic, pared-back interiors and big balconies. Expect Balinese antiques and big sliding doors in the bedrooms, opening to reveal lush tropical gardens. The Balinese food is a real treat, too! A relaxing and romantic boutique choice.
- The Balé offers 29 serene, minimalist villas just 25 minutes from the airport. Regarded as one of Bali's best hotels, this adults-only designer escape promises private pools set in walled gardens, a spa, transfers to a nearby beach club and a superb Asian and European dishes. A sensational couples' sanctuary.
- The Purist Villas & Spa is a collection of villas in a garden resort-style setting. Expect gorgeous views, contemporary decor and 24-hour butler service. There are yoga, cooking and art classes, a lovely spa, and Ubud's markets are within easy reach. A luxurious pick for an intimate stay, making the most of nature and opportunities for creativity. Some villas also have their own pools.
- Alila Villas Uluwatu's cliff-top position and striking contemporary design set it apart from other Balinese resorts. Built from locally-sourced, recycled and sustainable materials, the hotel is a triumph of luxurious minimalist design. Some of the 61 rooms and suites come with private pools, whilst others boast breath-taking views from opulent bathrooms. With private butlers on hand to take care of your every whim, this is a seriously special escape for couples or honeymooners.
- Katamama is a hip property in trendy Seminyak, with 58 enormous contemporary rooms and suites. Highlights include the hotel's cool cocktail bar - which also runs mixology courses - as well as yoga, reflexology, surf lessons and fantastic food. The hotel's sustainably-minded attitude is also very positive, with bricks and textiles handmade nearby. One for travellers in search of chic design, great eco-credentials and epic cocktails. Swish, stylish and super-romantic.
- Bambu Indah is made up of traditional Javanese thatched buildings, with open-air bathrooms and generous verandahs. There are natural pools for cooling dips, and you'll be right in amongst the rice paddies, hearing the chatter of animals at dawn and dusk. Traditional Balinese design with an eco-conscious ethos, close to Ubud. One for sustainably-minded travellers.
- Uma Ubud is a sophisticated choice, just 20 minutes' walk from Ubud. Expect yoga mats in all 29 rooms, a beautiful garden setting, and elegant touches throughout the property, which is part of the illustrious Christina Ong hotel group. Enjoy daily yoga classes and guided morning walks through the misty paddy fields, as well as a chance to discover nearby Ubud. Tranquil luxury.
- Bisma Eight is a wonderful collection of 38 rooms and 12 villas, nestled in the jungle just minutes from Ubud. Pick this place for the fusion of traditional Japanese and industrial design, including elegant screens and large glass doors revealing secluded terraces. The larger villas are great for families, and the restaurant, run by an Aussie chef, is top-notch. Ideal for discovering Ubud!
- The Santai is a collection of just 11 two- and three-bedroom villas, ideal for families or groups. There's a raft of kids' activities including cookery classes, face painting and coconut weaving, plus a great restaurant and in-room spa treatments for the grown-ups. Expect a cool, contemporary design vibe.
- The Amala Estate offers eight luxurious villas with 10-12 metre private pools - a sure-fire hit with the kids! Beautiful, contemporary interiors feature plenty of stone and wood, and the villas have an appealingly secluded feel. The buzz of Seminyak is just a ten minute stroll away, however, with plenty to explore. Therapists from neighbouring sister hotel The Amala Spa promise gorgeous in-villa treatments, too, and there are great Balinese cooking classes.
- Four Seasons Sayan is a tranquil hideaway, showcasing organic design through 60 luxurious rooms and suites. Think beautiful spaces overlooking lush tropical gardens and rolling hills, a blissful spa, both Indonesian and international cuisine, as well as great guided walks of the surrounding villages. The kids' club is brilliant for little ones, and there are excellent family suite options. Strolling along the canopy-level bridge is a highlight! Family-focused and close to Ubud.
For Great Value
- IZE Seminyak is a hip, lively choice on Seminyak's main street. Popular with a youthful crowd, the property has cool, modern interiors and a stunning rooftop pool. The bar and restaurant have a fun buzz, you're perfectly poised to see the best of Seminyak, and the price is super reasonable. Slick and stylish.
- Villa Mathis features 18 rooms in four boutique villas, which can also be rented exclusively by big groups or families. Expect traditional Balinese materials - carved teak, Alang-Alang roofs and batik drapes on four-poster beds - as well as a restful spa and pretty pool. Bright, bold and great value for fun stays near Canggu.
- Senetan Villas & Spa Resort is a secluded collection of eleven luxurious villas. There are private pools, jungle views, clean, contemporary decor and an excellent restaurant using homegrown ingredients to creat lovely dishes. Cycle around the area, or hop aboard the free shuttle to explore nearby Ubud. The larger two-bedrooms villas are well suited to families, and the rates are very reasonable!
For an Apartment or Villa
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Most visitors arrive at Bali Ngurah Rai International Airport - which is also sometimes called Bali International or Denpasar International - a major hub for Australia and South East Asia. If you’re coming from Europe or the US, you might need to travel via Jakarta Airport. Speak to your hotel about arranging an airport transfer, or hop into one of the many airport taxis on arrival, pre-paid at a ticket booth just before the duty-free area.
- Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Close to the equator, tropical Bali is hot and humid year-round. July - August and the Christmas holidays are the most popular time to visit, but you'll find good weather and good deals April - June and in September, outside the rainy season but without the crowds.
Still Not Sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay on Lombok.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Indonesia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bali
Best Hotels in Bali
Ize Seminyak Seminyak, Bali from AU$176Swimming Pool - Two swimming pools, one accessible for the Deluxe Pool Rooms and the other on the rooftop.Sights nearby - You can explore Seminyak on foot from Ize SeminyakViews - Views across Seminyak from the rooftop pool.Local markets - Local markets are walking distance.
IZE Seminyak is a slick designer hotel in the heart of Seminyak with cutting-edge interiors. Young, sophisticated travellers will love the design, location and buzz of the hotel. Modern interiors, roof top pool and bar, gym and restaurant, all in one of the most fashionable locations in Seminyak. See More
The Samata East Denpasar, Bali 10 rooms from AU$191Spa - There is a spa treatment room where they focus on the mind, body and spirit. Traditional Balinese treatments.Hideaway - Hard to find retreat with amazing service looking onto paddy fields.Great walks - Organised walks including Fun Walk, Sunrise Walk, Moonrise WalkBoutique - Just 10 rooms, suite and villas
The Menjangan Pejarakan, Bali 24 rooms from AU$205Families - With plenty of activities on offer this is the perfect place for kids to run around and grown ups to relaxBack to Nature - Located in West Bali National ParkHideaway - Hidden away in the West Bali National Park, Menjangan is a destination in its own right.Diving - There is an in house PADI certified diving school
The Bale Bali 29 rooms from AU$575Spa - Smart modern treatment rooms and an extensive spa menu offering a wide range of therapies.Swimming Pool - In addition to your private pool there's a massive hotel pool to enjoy.Surfing - From nearby Geger BeachRestrictions on children - No children under 16Recommended by - Tablet, I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
Sensational adult-only luxury hotel just 25 minutes from the airport. Large pavilions boast private pools, walled gardens, contemporary interiors, and massive bathrooms. Additional outdoor pool, spa, gym and beach club. Fantastic organic Asian and European food. One of the best on Bali. See More
The Santai Kuta Utara, Bali 11 rooms from AU$645Hideaway - Private pool villas with everything you need.Cooking classes - Balinese cooking classes available.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
An exclusive Lifestyle Retreat in Umalas, 15 minutes from Seminyak. Eleven spacious private pool villas with massive bathrooms, in-room spa treatments, restaurant or in-villa private dining. The perfect choice of hideaway for a unique Balinese experience. A home away from home for all ages. See More
Dash Bali,, Bali 135 rooms from AU$85City Style - Right in the beating heart of trendy SeminyakValue chic - Excellent value with lots of extrasSwimming Pool - OutdoorFull of character
Puri Dajuma Bali 21 rooms from AU$143Spa breaks - Daily yoga classes and a comprehensive spa menu make this a great option for total relaxationFamilies - Plenty of space to run around and an enticing pool complete with water flumeSurfing - Located along one of Bali's best surfing beaches (though it does mean it's rather rough at times!)Cooking classes - Learn the art of traditional Balinese cooking
Poppies Bali 20 rooms from AU$160Total relaxation - Luxury villas hidden amidst a lush tropical garden, the perfect place to unwind.Sights nearby - Hire one of the hotel's minivans with driver and set out to visit some of the many beautiful temples across the island.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
Luxurious villas set within a blissfully tranquil tropical garden. The villas traditional exteriors open onto contemporary and spacious interiors with wooden floors, expansive windows and private gardens housing outdoor bathrooms. A lovely hideaway on this ever popular island. See More
Kelapa Retreat & Spa Bali 23 rooms from AU$184Total relaxation - Beachside location, yoga, and spa packages - the perfect combinationRomantic Break - Private villas and pools make it perfect for couplesSwimming Pool - Infinity pool and private poolsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Tropical modernism meets Miami cool, Kelapa Retreat & Spa provides a chic alternative to the surfer's accommodation located along Pulukan beach. Sleek, white-on-white villas boast private pools. Dine on Indonesian dishes or wallow in the infinity pool overlooking the beach. See More
Villa Mathis Umalas, Bali 18 rooms from AU$205Romantic Break - Beautiful accommodation in a glorious setting-what more could you ask for?Groups - With whole villas available to rent it's the ideal spot for group tripsTotal relaxation - Feel a million miles away from all your worries at this tranquil spotSights nearby - Head over to the Canggu Club and play a variety of sports or go for a ride down the waterslides
Villa Mathis enjoys a peaceful rural location outside the small village of Umalas. With four boutique villas offering accommodation furnished with traditional Balinese materials (think plenty of teak, Alang-Alang roofs and batik drapes). Unwind by the pool or in the spa! A superbly relaxing stay. See More
Senetan Villas & Spa Resort Bali 11 rooms from AU$218Total relaxation - Designed with restoration in mind, unwind over a Balinese massage, take a lap of the pool or simply enjoy the tranquility.Sights nearby - Take the shuttle into Ubud and visit the impressive Ubud Royal Palace.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pools.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Secluded luxury villas offering private pools, jungle views, and revitalising peace and quiet, a short drive from Ubud. Minimalist in style, villas feel clean and contemporary. A romantic restaurant offers up superlative (homegrown) dishes and the spa is utterly spoiling. An indulgent stay. See More
Desa Seni Canggu, Bali 12 rooms from AU$229Total relaxation - A tranquil location complete with yoga studio, spa and swimming pool. Check in and chill out!Surfing - Try your hand at surfing at one of the nearby beaches known to have some of Bali's most reliable waves.Local markets - Explore the Canggu Sunday market and pick up some local handicrafts.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Recommended by - I Escape
Set behind a series of rice paddies and secluded from bustling Cangguu, the Desa Seni is a restorative yoga and wellness retreat with achingly pretty gardens, a superb organic restaurant, and free daily yoga. Designed to recreate an Indonesian village this is a picturesque spot to totally unwind. See More
Alila Manggis Karangasem, Bali 53 rooms from AU$235Hills & mountains - Bali's most sacred mountain nearbyRestaurant - Contemporary menu and Indonesian and Balanese favourites.Swimming Pool - Inverted pyramid pool running deeper towards the center.Cooking classes - Check for timings.
Secluded seaside resort offering a tranquil stay between the sea and Mount Agung, Bali's most sacred mountain. Offers a spa, restaurant, swimming pool, yoga pavilion and great bicycle rides. Also provides a shuttle bus service into the centre of town, free WiFi throughout the hotel and taichi. See More
The Purist Villas & Spa Ubud, Bali from AU$259Hideaway - Enjoy the seclusion of a private villa with pool, 24-hour butler service, the surrounding rainforest and excellent spaLocal markets - Ubud is renowned for antiques and homeware marketsSights nearby - Head into Ubud to visit the many templesBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Villa-resort set in tropical gardens. Each private villa has contemporary decor, with stone walls, sun decks, wooden artworks and some with private pools. Outstanding spa, outdoor pool, yoga pavilion and gardens. Superb Balinese cuisine served in villas. Intimate and luxurious. See More
Mathis Retreat Bali 21 rooms from AU$213Total relaxation - An infinity pool, Balinese spa and tranquil setting amidst lush paddy fields makes for a very relaxing stay.Surfing - Take a class and learn to ride the waves at the Rip Curl School in Legian.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolViews - Great views from hotel
Chic, stylish and set in stunning rural Bali, Mathis Retreat is a place of absolute calm. Spacious rooms are light and airy perfectly mixing tradition and modern. Featuring indulgent bathrooms with enormous freestanding baths, a spoiling spa and infinity pool. Ideal for completely unwinding. See More
Blue Karma Nestling Escape Ubud, Bali 15 rooms from AU$220Local exploring - Ideally located to get out and about exploring the rest of UbudSpa - The Flying Bamboo Spa is a holistic wellness centre offering a wide range of treatmentsSights nearby - The property is situated in the heart of Ubud, so you're close to all its highlights.Great walks - The hotel organises guided treks through the rice paddies and jungle.
Located just outside Ubud's centre, Blue Karma Nestling Escape offers fifteen individually designed, spacious and luxurious suites which perfectly marry traditional Indonesian architecture with up-to-the-minute modern comforts. Stunning views, lush tropical gardens, excellent food....sheer bliss! See More
Sanak Retreat Bali 11 rooms from AU$312Romantic Break - Lovely accommodation, a quiet atmosphere and beautiful surroundings — the ideal choice for a romantic getawayTotal relaxation - Feel a million miles away from all your worries at this tranquil spotCountry Escape - Sanak Retreat enjoys a wonderful rural locationGreat walks - Set off on long walks through the surrounding tropical landscape
Sanak Retreat is set in a stunning tropical landscape, surrounded by rice fields and boasting wonderful views. The property offers spacious wooden bungalows with chic, minimalist interiors and private balconies. Splendid Balinese cuisine served up. A relaxing and superbly romantic getaway! See More
COMO Uma Canggu Canggu, Bali 119 rooms from AU$327Surfing - This is a mecca for surfers, and luckily for novices the beach has some smaller waves too and the instructors are second to noneHoneymoons - Luxury, simplicity and elegance- private rooftop pools, outdoor baths, fresh fish dinners under the stars and yoga on the beachOther Activities - Feast on locally caught seafood, grilled to perfection and served in on the beachside shack with excellent cocktailsBeach Life - A surf and beach centric hotel on the black volcanic sands of Canggu in Bali's southern coastRecommended by - Tablet
A modern luxury hotel, set on the onyx-black shores of Canggu, topped by 12 penthouse suites. The rooms go from indulgent to lavish extravagance, though the sleek minimalist interiors inject an element of simplicity. Beachside dining with top notch local catch and a vibrant atmosphere. See More
Matahari Beach Resort Kab. Buleleng, Bali 32 rooms from AU$279On the beach - Private beach areaViews - Great views from hotelDiving - Good diving nearby.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Traditional, handmade Balinese bungalows situated on a private beach. As well as outstanding spa facilities, massages and entertainment there is a gourmet restaurant. Receive a warm Balinese welcome and make the most of the luxurious facilities and stunning tropical gardens. See More
Samsara Tegallalang, Gianyar, Bali,, Bali 17 rooms from AU$376Romantic Break - Private pools, fine dining, gorgeous views and suites. Ideal for a romantic break.Sights nearby - There is a shuttle service into nearby UbudLocal markets - Ubud artist's village is a must visitDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Seventeen private villas perched on a hill overlooking the lush forests of Ubud. Enjoy lunch and dinner with a view, whilst breakfast can be ordered to your room. There is a gym, spa, and heated infinity pool (as well as your own private pool). Just 30-minutes from Ubud this is total relaxation. See More
Ayana Resort & Spa Bali 294 rooms from AU$396Tennis - The tennis courts is floodlit so you can really get down to business without the heat of the sun to throw your gameHoneymoons - Honeymoon heaven - private dining on the beach, pampering spa treatments, incredible location and indulgent suitesHideaway - A romantic and secluded luxury resort with rooms and suites surrounded by lush greenery and private poolsHotel Entertainment - Dine in one of the hotels 19 bars and restaurants- Rock Bar is the most popular for its cliffside sunsetsRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
A stunning luxury resort with 222 acres of jungle, on the cliffs of Jimbaran Bay. There is something for everyone- traditional Balinese villas, European style suites, multiple pools, private beaches and an award winning spa. Dine at one of the 19 restaurants or enjoy a signature sunset. Marvellous! See More
Sandat Glamping Tents Pejeng Kawan, Ubud, Bali 8 rooms from AU$398Romantic Break - Sandat Glamping Tents boasts intimate, beautiful accommodation and a quiet atmosphere-ideal for a romantic getawayTotal relaxation - Feel a million miles away from all your worries at this tranquil spotSights nearby - Go and see the ruins of the Goa Gajah (aka Elephant Cave) sanctuary and Pusering Jagat TempleGreat walks - Wander through the forest or head over to the Botanic Garden Ubud
Sandat Glamping Tents enjoys a stunning forest location, a short distance from Ubud. This romantic spot offers luxurious private tents with chic furnishings and authentic Indonesian and Balinese cuisine. Escape from the heat with a refreshing dip in the pool. A magnificent retreat! See More
Bisma Eight BALI, Bali 38 rooms from AU$402Hideaway - A tranquil jungle abode designed to completely relax in.Cooking classes - Learn how to make Balinese cuisine by master chefs.Views - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A gloriously tranquil jungle property. Design mixes Balinese style with an industrial feel. Rooms boast dark polished wooden floors, luxury bathrooms and large Japanese style glass doors leading onto secluded terraces. A top-notch restaurant run by Aussie chef is a real delight. Roll up and unwind. See More
Alila Ubud Bali 56 rooms from AU$323Swimming Pool - Infinity pool with amazing viewsRestaurant - Dining experience overlooking the dramatic emerald-green pool that floats above the plunging valley.Sights nearby - Artistic centre in Ubud.Views - Spectacular scenery.
Luxury resort offers stunning view of Balinese foothills from the comfort of infinity pool, spa and deluxe rooms. Boasts an art gallery, 24 hour in-room dining, and unique Balinese experiences organised by the staff. Built using traditional designs, it is both stylish and culturally fitting. See More
The Tugu Bali 21 rooms from AU$438Beach Life - Pavilions close to the white sand beach, attentive staff to fetch cold drinks and small water pools to cool off inCooking classes - With chef Ibu SoelastriSights nearby - Tanah Lot templeOpulentRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection
Colonial pavilions close to the beach. Interiors are filled with mahogany four poster beds, antique Balinese furniture, luxurious bathrooms and some with private pools. Outdoor pool, spa, sauna and gym. Two superb restaurants and rooftop bar. Unique and laid back with excellent service. See More
Spa Village Resort Bali 31 rooms from AU$440Spa breaks - Unwind in the healing spa boasting an extensive treatment list and indoor and outdoor facilities.Hideaway - A tranquil, adult only, retreat ideal for escaping from a busy modern life.Sights nearby - Discover the intricately carved stone work in a local Balinese village.Cooking classes - Learn how to make healthy regional dishes with the hotel chef.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
Set amidst a dramatic volcanic landscape you find a little slice of luxury on Bali's north-eastern coast. Spacious rooms mix traditional design with contemporary style to great effect. From the pampering spa to the wholesome cuisine this is a place to come and fully rejuvenate. See More
The Oberoi, Bali Denpesar, Bali 74 rooms from AU$472Honeymoons - Exclusive and romantic villas, with walled courtyard gardens and large private poolss, extensive spa and fantastic food.Spa breaks - A glorious spa with Balinese and Thai massages, mineral mud wraps, Hot Stone therapies and Oberoi signature treatments.Tennis - Make the most of the on site tennis courts and practise your serve.Sights nearby - Experience a blessing by a Hindu priest at the Petitenget Temple.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Bambu Indah Ubud, Bali 11 rooms from AU$430EcoBack to Nature - Spectacular the views of mountains, rice paddies and hills. guests are lulled to sleep by the frogs, crickets and running water.Great walks - There is fantastic hiking in the surrounding hills, venture out on your own or with a guide.Swimming Pool - Stunning natural outdoor pools with a rope swing for some fun!Recommended by - I Escape, Frommers
A truly remarkable eco resort nestled amongst lush hills, over looking the Ayung River. The beautifully restored old tribal houses, ranging from rustic to chic, mix traditional Javanese furnishings with eclectic pieces from around the world. An enchanting paradise, that's almost impossible to leave! See More
Damai Bali 14 rooms from AU$396Private Hot Tub - Garden villas come with open air bathrooms, equipped with hot tubsRestaurant - A daily changing menu provides delicious Asian/Western cuisineSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool. Plus most of the villas have private poolsSights nearby - The city of SingarajaRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Stunning hillside accommodation set in a tropical landscape looking out to Bali's north coast. Enjoy the private swimming pool or relax with a massage treatment. Luxurious private villas with balconies and large, air conditioned bedrooms. Forage for exotic fruit in the hotel garden. See More
Elysian Boutique Villa Hotel Kuta, Bali from AU$418Private villas - Format is 'village' of villasRestaurant - International dishes including Thai and Japanese dishes.Swimming Pool - Each villa has its own pool.Spa
This village of villas offers first-class hotel services such as a spa, 25 metre swimming pool and room service, whilst simultaneously allowing for true privacy in your own villa. Babysitting, an air-conditioned library and a complimentary shuttle service ensures complete comfort for guests. See More
Delmango Villa Estate Bali from AU$433Restaurant - Indonesian specialties and vegetarian delights.Swimming Pool - Each Villa has it's own swimming pool.TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Relaxation is key in this villa estate, where a 25 metre swimming pool, spa and sophisticated Indonesian architecture ensure a comfortable, luxurious stay. Located just 10 minutes walk from Seminyak Beach. Villas come with kitchenettes, free wifi and private swimming pools. See More
The Mulia Nusa Dua Bali 111 rooms from AU$437Beach Life - Located directly on Bali's most beautful stretch of white sandy beach.Spa breaks - Boasting one of Asia's largest, and arguably best, spas.Sights nearby - Leave the complex and visit one of Bali's impressive temples for a dose of culture.Tennis - Play a game on the hotel's court.
Regarded as one of Bali's best 5 star resorts this is a property sure to not disappoint. Rooms are classically designed with spectacular views, clean lines, all the mod cons and luxurious bathrooms. Spend days indulging in the superb spa and unwinding over a cocktail on the picture-perfect beach. See More
Uma Ubud Ubud, Bali 29 rooms from AU$488Back to Nature - Surrounded by lush vegetation and rolling hills with an abudence of bird life, a country retreat within reach of the city.Great walks - The hotel offers simple guided walks among the villages, temples, rice paddies and jungle gorges surrounding Uma.Birdwatching - Victor Mason's Bali Bird Walk is entertaining, interesting and a must for anyone interested in wildlife.Cooking classes - Join a Balinese cooking class, held in the Kemiri restaurantRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Jimbaran Puri Jimbaran, Bali 64 rooms from AU$697Total relaxation - Refresh and relax in this tranquil haven with open air massages, morning yoga sessions and long days lounging by the pool.Romantic Break - An indulgent luxury retreat- sip on cocktails in your outdoor bath or wander hand in hand along the sandy beaches.Local markets - The early morning fish market takes place just up the beach and is well worth checking out.Surfing - Surf at Airport Rights accessible by boat from Jimbaran Village.Recommended by - I Escape, Frommers, Tablet
Elegant, romantic seclusion in a luxurious beachfront setting. Airy Balinese styled villas with gorgeous bathrooms featuring sunken baths. Direct access to one of the best beaches in Bali. Dine on the beach and sample some of the islands best seafood. Ideal for couples and families alike. See More
Viceroy Bali Ubud, Bali 25 rooms from AU$735Total relaxation - A luxury hotel set in the remote and tropical Indonesian mountain foothills.Cooking classes - Learn to cook traditional Indonesian dishes with the hotel's chefs.Birdwatching - Find a diverse array of birds in Bali's Bird Park.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A five star luxury hotel set in the tropical hills of Bali. Private villas are traditional in design, albeit with some serious luxury - think personal plunge pools, spectacular views, coffee machines and fine thread sheets. An indulgent spa and exemplary restaurant make this a very special stay. See More
Katamama Bali 58 rooms from AU$772Beach Life - A chic hotel on a stunning stretch of beach complete with a hip cocktail bar.Views - Great views from hotelLively - Hip and happening.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
A chic property with stunning sea views encompassing both a laid-back beach dwelling and a lively night spot. Enormous rooms are contemporary in style with clean lines, modern art and exposed brickwork. Boasting an achingly cool bar with cocktails made by a master mixologist. Superb. See More
Fivelements Bali 9 rooms from AU$657Back to NatureWellbeingRestaurant - Award-winning Sakti Dining Room serves food to celebrate our "aliveness"Remote - Off the beaten track.
Fivelements is a hotel founded on Balinese philosophy, stressing sustainability, wellness and social harmony. The 9 suites are traditionally built in bamboo with private terrace overhanging the sacred Ayung River. A must for anyone wanting to experience traditional therapies and healing. See More
The Amala Seminyak, Bali 12 rooms from AU$660Cooking classes - Participate in a cookery class and take home the secrets of Balinese cookery.Hideaway - A little haven but close enough to Seminyak if you want to explore.Restaurant - Bamboo Restaurant serving delicious healthy food.Boutique - Privately owned with exceptional service.
The Amala is a stunning collection of adult-only villas with spa in Seminyak. Peace and tranquility reigns here even though it's walking distance of the centre of town. Romantic private pool villas, a healthy restaurant, visiting Masters and yoga programmes. An exceptional all-round pampering oasis. See More
The Amala Estate Seminyak, Bali 8 rooms from AU$660Spa - In-villa spa therapies and access to the spa at The Amala.Sights nearby - Seminyak, the markets and beaches all nearby.Swimming Pool - Each villa has its own 10-12 metre pool.Cooking classes - Balinese cooking classes available.
With just eight private pool villas, The Amala Estate is one of the most exclusive hideaways for families and friends in Bali. Just a 10 minute stroll from the buzz of Seminyak this Lifestyle Retreat boasts 10-12 metre pools. The perfect alternative to a luxury boutique hotel. See More
Ubud Hanging Gardens Bali 38 rooms from AU$858Total relaxation - Luxurious and tranquil villas, complete with private pools, situated in the lush Ayung River gorge.Cooking classes - Find numerous cooking schools in the area teaching regional dishes.Local markets - Explore the lively markets in Ubud.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape
A luxury hotel set amidst the lush landscape of the terraces of the Ayung River gorge. Light and airy rooms are traditional in style with polished wooden floors, delicately beamed ceilings, muslin draped four posters and private plunge pools. The cuisine is excellent and spa totally spoiling. Bliss. See More
Soori Bali Tabanan, Bali 48 rooms from AU$758Local markets - Alilia will organise trips to local food markets and terrocota tile producng villages.Sights nearby - Only a ten minute drive from the renowned 16th century Tanah Lot Temple.Swimming Pool - Private infinity pools.Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
A sustainable eco friendly super slick resort, on the perfect black beach. Villas range from one to ten bedrooms with private terraces, infinity pools, butlers and some with dining rooms. Pamper at the spa, explore the surrounding paddies and immerse yourself in local culture. Totally unique. See More
The Legian Bali 67 rooms from AU$902Honeymoons - Take a private villa for ultimate seclusion, with private butler, beach views and romantic candle lit gardensSurfing - Dreamland in Ulutwatu and Echo Beach in CangguGreat walks - Botanic Garden UbudOn the beach - Seminyak BeachRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Puri Ganesha Singaraja, Bali 4 rooms from AU$932Hideaway - Just four secluded villas with private pools, surrounded by lovely lush greenery making this a completely tranquil escape.Beach Life - Situated on the unspoilt north coast of the island with each villa offering direct access to the lovely sandy beaches.Diving - There are daily diving tours off Menjangen Island- make the most of the fish filled waters of this local turtle sanctuary!Local markets - Venture into the local food markets with the expert help of the owners, a truly memorable experience.Recommended by - I Escape, Frommers
Capella Ubud Tegallalang, Bali 23 rooms from AU$932Back to Nature - Submerged in nature, nestled in the trees of the Keliki Valley, with terraces overlooking the jungle and paddy fields belowLocal exploring - Allow the hotel to organise tours of the local area with focuses on food, culture, religion or simply sight seeingOther Activities - Spend your days lounging on your terrace, admiring the views or jumping in your private saltwater plunge poolHotel Entertainment - Take a day in the enchanting tented spa and experience the Balinese wellness traditions first hand
A wonderfully opulent tented camp in the lush rainforests of Ubud, Bali. The one and two bedroom tents are spectacularly decorated with antiques, local crafts and opulent European furnishings- plus each tent has its own terrace and plunge pool. The restaurant is excellent and the spa indulgent. See More
COMO Shambhala Ubud, Bali 30 rooms from AU$844Great walks - The resort offers complimentary guided walks through the rainforest, the views are unbeatable.Cooking classes - Cooking classes and demonstrations are available on request.Restrictions on children - Children under 16 can only to accommodated in the villas.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Four Seasons Jimbaran Denpasar, Bali 156 rooms from AU$981Total relaxation - Enjoy the sun, sea and complete laid-back island tranquility- along with the private butler and pampering spa treatments!Romantic Break - Couples massages, fine dining under the stars, opulent villas with private pools and of course the crystal clear waters.Families - With a dedicated kids club and facilities galore it's ideal for every member of the family.Surfing - Make the most of the accredited surf instructors at the hotel's watersports centre.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
A stunning resort with world-class service. Individual villas are luxurious and spacious with Balinese touches in the design. Three excellent restaurants, a beautiful pool, spa and access to a powder white sand beach. Endless activities to keep all entertained. Ideal for families and lovers alike. See More
Alila Villas Uluwatu Uluwatu, Bali 61 rooms from AU$1204Eco break - The resort was designed with only locally sourced, recycled and sustainable materials to innovative environmental standards.Honeymoons - An unbelievably trendy and tranquil cliff top hotel with panoramic views, indulgent spa and wonderful cuisine.Total relaxation - Private butlers ready to answer your every whim, miles of sandy beaches, and gloriously indulgent villas.Sights nearby - Visit the spectacular cliff top temple Pura Luhur- you'll be rewarded with unforgetable views.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Four Seasons Sayan Ubud, Bali 60 rooms from AU$1208Hideaway - Find complete luxury set amidst lush tropical gardens and surrounded by rolling hills.Great walks - Take a guided walk around the surrounding villages.Sights nearby - Visit any number of the 1,000 temples in Bali.Kids Club - Fully staffed.
A tranquil hideaway set in lush tropical surrounds. Luxurious rooms feature large glass doors leading onto secluded terraces with epic views. A spoiling spa and outdoor yoga studio help aid complete rejuvenation. Choose from Indonesian or International dishes in the superb restaurants. Bliss. See More
Amankila Karangasem, Bali 34 rooms from AU$1563Sights nearby - Visit Tirta Gangga, a fantastically beautiful former palace on lush jungle ground scattered with stone structures and fountainsBack to Nature - Nestled amongst unsullied Balinese coconut groves, overlooking the Lombok Strait, removed from the noise of the tourist trailOther Activities - Opt for private dining on the beach, under a canopy of stars listening to the crash of waves- there is nothing quite like itHoneymoons - A secluded and intimate luxury resort offering private dining, plush treetop villas and incredible sunsets over the oceanRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Kiwi Collection, Tablet
One of Bali's longest standing luxury resorts, on the now quieter East coast. Enjoy the spectacular views of the Lombok Strait from your private terrace, or from the show-stopping three tiered infinity pool. The on site restaurant serves delicous fusion dishes and the cocktails are excellent. Bliss. See More