Search the best hotels in County Tipperary
About County Tipperary
Tipperary is probably most famous because of the First World War marching song: "It's a long, long way to Tipperary" but it has got much more going for it than just that. As a county it's famous for its beautiful glens and picturesque mountains as well as the iconic Rock of Cashel. The best places to stay in Tipperary tend to be rural and are often set in some of the county's most beautiful historic houses.
Things not to miss:
- The Rock of Cashel is arguably Tipperary's most famous sight. Dating back to 1100, the former seat of the Kings of Munster, now stands abandoned and imposing against the skyline.
- Go mountain climbing in Tipperary up well-named peaks such as the Devil's Bit, Galtymore and Slievenamon.
- Tipperary is home to a number of famous castles such as Ormonde Castle and Redwood Castle.
Use our guide to the best places to stay in Tipperary and start to plan your trip to this stunning part of Ireland.
The best places to stay in Tipperary
For a country escape
- Mobarnane House is a set on a beautiful rolling estate near Cashel. A Georgian house featuring lovely rooms, period furnishings and interesting artwork, it's a great base from which to explore Tipperary.
For a private apartment or house
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Tipperary is Shannon (43 miles) and trains run from Dublin to Tipperary station (the speed of the trains really vary so be sure to book one of the fast ones).
- For car hire visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Tipperary is from June to September. Ireland isn't famous for its good weather, but the summer is the best chance to catch a break in the clouds.
Still not sure?
- Browse the best places to stay in Tipperary.
- Expand the search and have a look at the best places to stay in Ireland.
- Alternatively contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in County Tipperary
Best Hotels in County Tipperary
Mobarnane House Co. Tipperary, County Tipperary 5 rooms from AU$245Traditional - An historic 18th Century Georgian Country House.Sights nearby - Just 7 miles from the Rock of Cashel.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Frommers
A homely country estate B&B, set in acres of stunning parkland with a lake. Gorgeous rooms and suites with elegant furnishings, floor to ceiling windows and lake views. Excellent lunch and dinner on request. The ideal spot for complete relaxation. See More