Search the best hotels in Alicante
Alicante is more than just a gateway to the of the Costa Blanca: it's a dynamic regional capital with a very Spanish feel! Most of the interesting sights including the 16th Century castle of Santa Barbara and the Museum of Contemporary Arts, and many of the best places to stay in Alicante, are found in the historic quarter. Many mistakenly think that the city's accommodation is large beach front properties purely for the bucket-and-spade brigade; whilst it's true that there are plenty of hotels and apartments to cater for the mass market, there is also a sprinkling of chic design pads which will satisfy even the pickiest of clientele.
Alicante's impressively lovely city beach, Playa del Postiguet, is right opposite the Casco Antiguo (Old Town), which is below the castle and the Santa Cruz district. Get your bearings by walking along Alicante's gorgeous seaside promenade, the Parque de Canalejas, and you'll see many of the city's highlights. This area also has many of Alicante's restaurants, cafes and tapas bars. There's an endless choice with plenty to offer all wallet sizes - just remember, you're on Spanish time.
Alicante's proximity to the airport is what gives this provincial capital popularity with the package holiday operators. It is a great destination for a winter-sun city break, but if you're coming in the busy summer months then be sure to book ahead as the best places to stay in Alicante get quickly filled up!
The best places to stay in Alicante
For a chic stay
- The Hospes Amérigo is good for a bit of modern, city break glamour. This chic hotel offers gourmet cuisine and poolside pampering with stunning views of Santa Barbara Castle and only 300 metres from the beach. Location wise it is definitely one of the best places to stay in Alicante.
- Looking for a chic grown-up property in the heart of the city, yet also just a stone's throw from the beach? Then book the Hotel Palacete S XVII. Its seventeen rooms are individually designed and mix contemporary styling with original period features to great effect. A smart stay bang in the centre of town.
For An Apartment Or villa
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- The best time to visit Alicante is during the summer months - the average daily temperature reaches 26°C in July and August, and can often soar much higher!
- However this is peak tourist season, so for a quieter (and potentially cheaper) alternative consider coming in May, September or October.
- International visitors can fly into Alicante-Elche Airport, 10km east of the city, before taking the bus or the tram on to their final destination.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Alicante.
- Alternatively, expand your search and look at all our recommendations in the Costa Blanca.
- Or feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Alicante
Best Hotels in Alicante
Hotel Palacete S. XVII Alicante 17 rooms from AU$154Local exploring - Located in the heart of the city of Alicante with many of its attractions within walking distance.Great walks - Take an evening wander down the beautiful La Explanada de Espana.Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent Santa Barbara Castle.Restrictions on children - Adult only
A chic boutique property in the heart of Alicante, just a short stroll from the beach. Spacious rooms are individually designed and mix contemporary and modern styles to great effect. A fabulous restaurant serves up exemplary Mediterranean fare and there's a sunny terrace to enjoy a cocktail on too. See More
Hospes Amérigo Alicante 55 rooms from AU$200Spa breaks - Rooftop Bodyna Spa uses products from Cinq Mondes and includes pool, treatment cabins, fitness area, sauna and solarium terraceFoodies - Gourmet cuisine at el Monastrell Restaurant.CityCity StyleRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel