Search the best hotels in Brussels
Much more than a bureaucratic hub, Brussels is a hip, happening and historic city, perfect for a wonderful weekend away. There is a wide range of accommodation on offer, from simple B&Bs to luxurious townhouse hotels catering to a vast array of budgets. Whether you’re on the hunt for exposed brick walls and trendy bars, an elegantly restored Dominican Abbey or a skyscraper with panoramic city views, our pick of the best places to stay in Brussels has you covered.
Brussels is an exciting, multicultural metropolis with plenty to keep travellers occupied from dawn til dusk. Wander from the centuries-old Grand Place past Flemish architecture, Art Nouveau buildings, intriguing galleries and museums, or hit the boutiques on exclusive Avenue Louise, a hugely popular shopping destination. Don’t miss the National Basilica or the René Magritte Museum, located in the famous painter’s home. The birthplace of some of the world’s best-known surrealist art, Brussels is home to street paintings aplenty, with several pieces for keen-eyed amblers to spot on buildings and metro stations. There’s an abundance of historic and art-focused walking tours, too, whether with a guide or following routes available to download for free online — highly recommended as a way to discover the city.
With a cosy pub scene, lively cafe culture and no shortage of buzzing street-side bistros, Brussels is brimming with fun food and drinks spots to sample, including some very cool restaurants. The city’s African district, Matongé, is testament to its diverse identity, and a real hub of community and creativity, with a thriving cafe and bar vibe.
Many of the best places to stay in Brussels are within walking distance of the old city centre, where there are a profusion of cultural and culinary delights to explore. With everything from slick, contemporary city hotels to romantic boutique townhouses, family-friendly retro stays and intimate B&Bs, Brussels is, unsurprisingly, a hugely popular destination — do book your stay well in advance to avoid missing out!
The best places to stay in Brussles
For a city break
- Made in Louise boasts smart, minimalist rooms in a restored townhouse with lots of natural light. Choose this spot for a top-notch location near the Abbey of la Cambre, the National Geographic Institute and the Avenue Louise, as well as a taste of the best Belgian beers, served in the conservatory/bar. Unfussy elegance for a fun city break.
- Le Dixseptieme promises refined style in a seventeenth-century building. Expect four-poster beds, fireplaces, wooden floors and a soothing colour palette. Most importantly for city breakers, it's only two minutes’ walk from the Grand Place, so definitely one to book if you like to be in the centre of things.
- The Augustin is a stylishly renovated townhouse with 47 rooms and suites. An excellent location within walking distance of the Grand Place, contemporary decor and big cosy beds makes this a great city break or business trip option.
- Jam Hotel boasts a seriously cool industrial-chic vibe, with 79 rooms in the Saint-Gilles district. Highlights include the outdoor pool, a lively restaurant and fun urban art. Pick this hotel for funky decor and a quirky restaurant.
- The Hotel, Brussels is a chic, high-rise property in the centre of the designer shopping district. Think smart rooms with soothing cream palettes, a trendy bar and gourmet restaurant. Choose this place for the incredible city views — book a panorama room for at least two striking vistas.
- Sofitel Le Louise offers contemporary luxury in an excellent central location within walking distance of the old town and the boutiques of Avenue Louise. Modern rooms are simple and well-appointed, whilst bathrooms boast great rain showers. Ideal for a smart city break, whether as a couple or business traveller.
- Aloft Brussels is a 157 room hotel with great facilities — including a fitness area and a live music venue. Rooms are simple and modern, with pops of bright colour in the communal areas. Great work spaces and a central location just 500m from the European Parliament make this a fun business or city break choice.
- Hotel Amigo is one of the city’s top properties for chic, contemporary-classic style. Elegant rooms are beautifully decorated, the onsite Italian restaurant has won a number of awards, and the service has a reputation for excellence. A real romantic treat in the heart of Brussels.
- Odette en Ville is an impressive townhouse hotel with cool black and white photography, black lacquered furniture and fabrics in soothing shades of grey. The free-standing bathtubs add an extra touch of luxury. Nestled near the popular nightlife and shopping of the Chatelain quarter, this is a sophisticated spot for a couples’ escape.
- The Dominican promises characterful rooms in an elegantly restored 15th century cloister five minutes from the Grand Place. There’s an onsite gym, a spa, and a wonderful courtyard bistro. Grown-up luxury, ideal for fashionable couples.
- The Hotel Des Galeries is a boutique hotel inside the Galleries Royales Saint-Huber, with 23 rooms and suites — some spread over two floors. Think parquet floors, wooden shutters and warm, mellow tones for a romantic, intimate feel. The cool, modern Belgian restaurant is a highlight.
- Manos Premier is a beautiful property in the centre of town, with 50 chic, contemporary rooms. Expect lots of natural light, lush gardens, a fully equipped spa and a fantastic French restaurant. With everything on site, this is perfect for a romantic weekend escape.
- The Vintage Hotel, with large rooms sleeping up to six, is a lovely choice for families. The funky 1960s decor — and vintage Airstream caravan — should prove popular with the whole family, whilst the central location makes exploring with the kids much easier.
- The Stanhope is an elegant hotel, boasting a gourmet restaurant, library bar and beautifully-appointed rooms just a 10-minute walk from the European Parliament. Whilst the decor is grown-up, family rooms make this a great place to stay with little ones, and the big buffet breakfasts are sure to be a hit with the whole team!
For a B&B
- X2Brussels promises a wonderfully intimate stay, with just 3 bright and airy bedrooms on a quiet street in the heart of Brussels. The decor is clean, crisp and almost all white, whilst breakfasts are excellent and the hosts are full of local recommendations. A private, romantic choice.
- Urban Rooms are a collection of three contemporary suites with garden views and a neutral colour palette. Simple, spacious and well located, with buffet breakfasts each morning.
For great value
- Brussels Welcome Hotel offers 16 quirky rooms based on the owners’ travels across the globe: from the golds and blues of Egypt to the marvellous mural in India. Creative, magical decor in the historic city centre. Pick this place for great value with a friendly feel.
- Pantone Hotel is an excellent value option for a central stay, right next to the famed Avenue Louise. Contemporary rooms are simple, with clean lines, crisp white sheets and bright splashes of colour. Breakfasts are top-notch and there are bikes to rent for city explorations.
- Be Manos is a trendy hotel in the city centre, offering great value for smart monochrome suites. Think bold lighting, bright modern furnishings and a fun party vibe. The bar and restaurant are very good, whilst the terrace is a lovely place to chill out.
For an Apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Brussels Airport is located nine miles from the centre of town at Zaventem, and is well connected to the centre by regular trains, which take about 20 minutes.
- Alternatively, the Eurostar offers connections by rail from Brussels to London, or you'll find rail connectons available across Europe.
- If you would like to hire a car, we suggest that you contact our online partner Rentalcars.
- Brussels is most popular with visitors during the summer months (July and August). Travel in spring or autumn for pleasant weather and fewer crowds.
Still not sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Ghent.
- Alternatively, see our pick of the best places to stay in Bruges.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Brussels
Best Hotels in Brussels
Pantone Hotel Brussels 61 rooms from CA$94Value chicCity StyleViews - Many of the bedrooms have great city viewsSights nearby - Located close to the Avenue LouiseRecommended by - Tablet
Aloft Brussels Brussels 157 rooms from CA$110City Style - Just over a 5-minute walk from Jubelpark and the Cinquantenaire Museum.Sights nearby - Leopold Park and European Union Parliament Building.Local markets - Good for local colour.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Centrally located, super contemporary chic, this hotel offers great working space, is light and airy with great facilities, including fitness area. The bar provides light snacks while you listen to music with a DJ in the evenings, live music on certain dates. The European Parliament is 500m away. See More
Brussels Welcome Hotel Brussels 16 rooms from CA$124Sights nearby - Grand-Place - extravagant gothic and Baroque town hall and guildhallsLocal markets - including Grand Sablon antiques marketPrivate Hot Tub
Vintage Hotel, Brussels Brussels 38 rooms from CA$154Families - Family rooms sleep 6.City StyleSights nearby - A stone's throw from Avenue Louise and 10 mins from the Grand PlaceLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
Manos Premier Brussels 50 rooms from CA$159City StyleLuxuryRestaurant - Fabulous French restaurant.Sights nearby - Notre Dame du Sablon.
Sofitel Le Louise Brussels 169 rooms from CA$164City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Private Hot Tub - Book the best suite and get your own hot tub and private hammamDesigner - Theatrical interiors by renowned architect Antoine PintoRecommended by - Tablet
Jam Hotel Brussels 79 rooms from CA$174City Style - A totally unique and uber cool spot- think tetra packed loft style beds, cocktails on the roof and urban art.Value chic - One of Brussels coolest hotels, a stylish and suave spot- at a fantastic price!Sights nearby - Visit the beautiful Egmont Palace, head to the Grand Place or check out the King's HouseFull of character
The contemporary Jam Hotel is located in the Saint-Gilles district of Brussels. Featuring plenty of wood and exposed brick walls, it offers shabby chic and uniquely designed accommodation. Enjoy the outdoor pool during the summer months and be sure to visit the restaurant! A fun and unique stay. See More
Be Manos Brussels 60 rooms from CA$174City Style - A seriously chic option with monochrome interiors and statement lightingSights nearby - Just a fifteen minute walk from some of Brussels' highlightsSpa - Free entry to the wellness centre if you book a suiteRestaurant - Highly regarded Be Lella RestaurantRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, CN Traveller
Urban Rooms Brussels 3 rooms from CA$176Local exploring - Located in the heart of Brussels this prpoerty is located ideally for exploring town.Sights nearby - Grand-PlaceShort break
Urban Rooms offers guests contemporary suites with garden views and free WiFi. Bedrooms are bright and airy and decorated in neutral palettes in a minimalist style. The perfect location if you're looking to get out and explore the city, or visiting for work. Simple, intimate and spacious. See More
Made in Louise Brussels 48 rooms from CA$189City StyleSights nearby - Abbey of la Cambre and the National Geographic Insititute.Local markets - “Aperos du Chatelain”.Traditional
X2Brussels Brussels 3 rooms from CA$190City StyleSights nearby - Grand-Place, the Manneken Pis.Local markets - Good for local colour.Romantic - Good for couples.
The Augustin Brussels 47 rooms from CA$211City Style - This recently renovated property offers a stylish base perfectly located to explore the best of Brussels on foot.Value chic - With rooms from as little as €89 per night including breakfast, it's excellent value for moneySights nearby - Just a short walk from Grand Place, the best bits of Brussels are very close by.
Recently renovated townhouse hotel just ten minutes from the Grand Place and within easy walking distance of the city highlights. Spacious rooms which are contemporary in style and feature seriously comfy beds make the ideal choice for a city break or for those here on business. Great value too. See More
The Stanhope Brussels 125 rooms from CA$219Families - 7 apartments, some sleep up to 6.City StyleGroupsSights nearby - 10 minutes walk from the European ParliamentRecommended by - Tablet
Le Dixseptième Brussels 37 rooms from CA$219City StyleLuxurySights nearby - 2 minutes walk from the Grand Place. All major sights are at most 15 mins on foot from the hotel.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Fodors
9Hotel Sablon Brussels 34 rooms from CA$221Local exploring - Ideally positioned to access the Grand Place, shops, markets and many of the main museums by footSights nearby - Wander through the Grand Place and admire the extravagant gothic and Baroque town hall and guildhallsLocal markets - Peruse the Place du Jeu de Balle fleamarket and try and pick up a bargainSwimming Pool - Indoor pool
The Hotel, Brussels Brussels from CA$225Views - The views are simply superb....book a panorama room and you'll get at least two different angles!Sights nearby - Great central location for exploring BrusselsShort breakLively - Hip and happening.
Modern high rise luxury hotel in the centre of Brussels' designer shopping area. Smart rooms decorated in creams offer stunning views over the entire city. Gourmet restaurant and chic bar which also does a great line in afternoon tea! A sophisticated stay for sightsee-ers or shopaholics. See More
The Dominican Brussels 150 rooms from CA$227City StyleRestaurant - Grand Lounge for fine dining and couryard bistro for more casual mealsSights nearby - Grand-Place - extravagant gothic and Baroque town hall and guildhallsLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
A luxury hotel in a renovated cloister. Traditional facades encase elegant contemporary furnishings and works of modern art. Rooms, suites, and serviced studios have all the modern gadgetry and lots of natural light. The bar and dining-room of this central hotel are a fashionable meeting-place, too. See More
Hotel Des Galeries Brussels 23 rooms from CA$244City Style - Hotel with as much character as the city itself, and friendly staff are enthusiatic to give exploring tips and help hire bikesSights nearby - Cathedral of St Michael & La Grand PlaceDesigner - Fleur Delesalle and Camille FlammarionBoutiqueRecommended by - Tablet
Boutique hotel inside city landmark Galeries Royales Saint-Hubert. Rooms have parquet floors, wooden shutters, unique furniture and very chic bathrooms. Suites are in the eaves over two floors. Modern Belgian cuisine in cool restaurant. Superb location, characterful and good value. See More
Odette en Ville Brussels 7 rooms from CA$322City StyleSights nearby - Museum of Fine Arts - from 15th to 20th-centuries, including René Magritte sectionLocal markets - Good for local colour.BoutiqueRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, CN Traveller
Sophisticated and smart townhouse hotel. Sultry interiors combine black lacquered furniture, black and white photography, and spotless white walls. High tech bedrooms are similarly classic and have stand alone bath tubs. Fashionable bar and restaurant and extensive library. A grown up spot. See More
Hotel Amigo Brussels 172 rooms from CA$379City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sights nearby - Situated in the heart of the city. Most sights are within walking distance.Restaurant - Award winning Italian restaurant - BocconiRecommended by - Tablet