Search the best hotels in Aups
South of the Verdon Gorge and set in the verdant foothills of the Alps, Aups is a haven for keen adventurers. Base yourself in the historic village, sample delectable regional cuisine and explore the surrounding landscape through myriad thrilling — or relaxing — activities. Brilliant for families, couples or groups of friends, Aups offers a small selection of excellent accommodation options. Chosen for their location, design and amenities, our pick of the best places to stay in Aups promise a very special holiday experience.
The village of Aups and its surroundings are bursting with historic and cultural attractions. Amble along streets lined with medieval houses, cafés and boutiques. Step into beautiful churches, including the 15th-century Collegiate Church of St. Pancras, or marvel at intriguing ruins, such as the Saracen Tower. Museum-goers will delight in the Musée Simon Segal and the open-air Musée de Faykod, whilst foodies can delve into the world of French truffles with tastings, cooking classes and weekly markets in the autumn and winter months.
Adventurers should make a beeline for the Verdon Regional Natural Park, home to the largest canyon in France. Go hiking, climbing, rafting, canyoning and kayaking, or take guided horse rides and cycling trips through dramatic terrain. Return to one of the best places to stay in Aups for refreshing pool swims and cosy evenings in gardens brimming with ancient olive trees.
The Best Places to Stay in Aups
For a Chic B&B
- Alegria has design-centric suites with kitchenettes and private terraces. Ideal for families, groups or couples, the property offers a shared swimming pool, library with TV area, pétanque pitch, olive-filled gardens and access to bike rides, hikes and kayaking. Lovely.
For the Verdon Natural Park
- Bastide du Calalou is a fabulous property, in a stunning location within the Verdon Regional Natural Park, with superb facilities. Interiors are elegant and classic in style, plus there's an outdoor pool, tennis court, expansive grounds and restaurant serving excellent Provencal cuisine.
FOR A HOLIDAY VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Nice-Côte d'Azur Airport or to Toulon Hyères Airport, both 90 minutes' drive from Aups. Regular buses are also a great way to travel.
- Provence is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Expect hot summers — with temperatures of 26-30°C — and mild winters. Summer is peak holiday season, but truffle-hunters should time their trips for November to sample the best produce.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in La-Palud-sur-Verdon.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Provence.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Aups
Best Hotels in Aups
Bastide du Calalou Aups (Moissac-Bellevue) 32 rooms from CA$205Active Holiday - Abundance of outdoor activities — watersports on the lake, boat trip from Sainte-Maxime, vineyards, olive mills and hiking toursGreat walks - The property is surrounded by the regional natural park of Verdon — perfect for treks of all lengthsHotel boats for hire - Day rental of a crewed boat for a day out on the sea, with on-board lunch can be arrangedIn/by a Nature Reserve - Overlooks the Verdon regional nature reserve that surrounds it
Gorgeous house in Verdon nature reserve, surrounded by pine and yew trees. Elegant guestrooms have 19th century furniture, Etruscan marble bathrooms and valley views. Outdoor swimming pool, tennis court and endless grounds. Restaurant serves a great Provencal menu on the terrace. Utterly charming. See More
Alegria Aups (Provence) 5 rooms from CA$233Romantic Break - For couples, book the The Prestige Suite with its private roof terrace, enormous bed and free-standing bathCountry Escape - A quaint hideaway set away from the tourist trail with pretty surrounds and a lovely poolFamilies - Self-catering suites sleep upto four making this a comfortable choice for familiesKayaking - Kayaking through the awe inspiring Gorge du Verdon is a real mustRecommended by - I Escape
Tucked away in the hills and surrounded by olive trees, a B&B with design-centric suites. Each suite boasts a kitchenette and a private terrace. There's a swimming pool, an honesty bar, and plenty of outdoor activities. A chic B&B that's suitable for couples, families, and groups. See More