Search the best hotels in Megève
Nestled in a smooth bowl below Mont Blanc, charming Megève has long been amongst the most popular Haute-Savoie resort villages. Brilliant for families, the area boasts ski runs for all abilities, whilst the charming cobbled town centre and classic chalets will delight those dreaming of a traditional mountain holiday. This extends to the accommodation options, with the best places to stay in Megève including attractive chalets as well as elegant boutique hotels, perfect for couples, friends and families.
With 83 lifts and 325kms of pistes including nursery slopes, beginner runs and more challenging routes along Mont d'Arbois, this really is a top skiing destination. Expert instructors can help little ones or grown-ups to hone their skiing or snowboarding skills, before you visit reindeer farms and go sledging. Summer hikers or mountain bikers can follow Le Chemin du Calvaire and various mountain trails, whilst families will adore action-packed afternoons at the Luge 4S and picnics on the banks of the Lac de Javen. The Église Saint-Jean Baptiste and the Chapelle Sainte Anne are well worth visiting.
Pile into the town’s lively bars and restaurants in the evenings. Modelled on the original farmhouses from when the town was part of the Duchy of Savoy, the best places to stay in Megève offer a very warm welcome.
The Best Places to Stay in Megève
For an Intimate Stay
- Au Coin du Feu is an understated chalet with 23 rooms, many of which have private balconies and mountain views. Feast on regional cuisine in the atmospheric restaurant, enjoy a tipple in the sitting room and relax in quaint guestrooms with expansive views. Lovely and intimate.
- La Grange d'Arly is a picturesque chalet and restaurant close to the centre of Megève. Expect simple, classic interiors with patterned textiles, sink-into sofas and carved wood in the 22 guestrooms. Quiet, restful and inviting.
- Le Cerf Amoureux has 11 wood-panelled rooms, a swimming pool and restaurant on the outskirts of Sallanches (just down the road from Megeve). A tranquil choice for outdoorsy travellers keen to hike, ski, kayak and mountain bike. Small and friendly.
For Families or Groups
- Les Fermes de Marie comprises chalets and farmhouses of various sizes. It's an indulgent, family-friendly choice with a brilliant kids club programme, a soothing spa and a two hectare park. This is a very special hotel.
- Les Loges Blanches offers a more modern take on classic chalet style, with clean lines, cosy linens and artwork depicting alpine animals. Modern bathrooms are lovely, there's a central swimming pool and the restaurant is top-notch. A family-friendly choice close to Luge 4S.
- L'Arboisie has chic, minimalist bedrooms clad in greys, oranges and light wooden tones. Suites with space for up to ten people are ideal for families and groups, who will also appreciate the indoor and outdoor pools, spa and restaurant. A luxurious choice.
- Les Roches Fleuries is a collection of rooms and multi-bedroom chalets, which are well-suited to families or groups. Open since 1956, this is a classic chalet choice. Expect dramatic views, a swimming pool, sauna and spa, and fantastic cuisine.
- Le Chalet Zannier is a gorgeous 12-bedroom hideaway with big communal spaces and a cool, contemporary take on classic chalet style. Unwind in the sauna, hammam, or spa with massages and aromatherpay treatments before tucking in to delectable dinners. Book the whole chalet for an epic family or group trip!
- Flocons de Sel has just nine chic rooms, with wooden touches and cowhide-topped furnishings. Foodies will adore the three Michelin-starred restaurant, where Chef Emmanuel Renaut uses Savoie ingredients to reimagine regional classics with a twist. Fabulous.
- L'Alpaga is a sophisticated collection of suites and chalets. The 26 rooms have a rustic yet luxurious feel. The big draw is the two-Michelin-starred La Table de l’Alpaga, serving innovative gourmet cuisine with views of Mont Blanc. There's also a bistro and a spa. A foodie favourite.
- Hotel Mont Blanc has 40 cosy guestrooms, many with wooden beams, big bathtubs, checked linens and striking original artwork. An elegant icon in the heart of Megève, famous for having hosted Jean Cocteau and his contemporaries. Don't miss sampling the bistro's superb steak au poivre! Cosy and romantic.
- Le Fer A Cheval has a spectacular spa, and sumptuous interiors. Book a private chalet, feast in delicious eateries or unwind by the indoor or outdoor pool. A year-round gem, offering five-star luxury.
- Le Lodge Park is a Megève classic, with smart interiors following an extensive renovation. Expect alpine charm, all the mod-cons and a stylish white-on-white palette. The central location is top-notch, and the Beeflodge Restaurant excellent.
- Le Chalet du Mont D'Arbrois has 41 rooms, eight suites and two chalets for families or groups. Built by the Rothschild family, this is an exceptional property. Typical Savoyard architecture ensures that lavish rooms remain cosy, with private hot tubs and mountain-view terraces. Gourmet cuisine and a terrific spa add to the magic.
- Hôtel Chalet Saint-Georges is a charming retreat boasting antique furnishings sourced from France and Austria, and a cosy lounge complete with a roaring log fire. The hotel has two splendid onsite restaurants, as well as two on the slopes: the perfect midday break. Very romantic.
- Le M de Megève has large contemporary suites with private terraces, an outdoor swimming pool, and a chic restaurant. With 42 rooms and suites, this is a sophisticated choice for a holiday to remember.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY CHALET
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Geneva Airport and travel just over 1 hour to Megève by car or bus from there.
- The Haute-Savoie region is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- The ski season begins in November, but serious skiers can expect the best snow between December and March. If you're looking for great hiking and mountain biking, travel between June and early September.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Chamonix.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Haute-Savoie.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Megève
Best Hotels in Megève
Les Loges Blanches Megève 63 rooms from CA$179Active Holiday - Ski in the winter, hike in the summer; the Alps provide boundless opportunities for outdoor pursuits.Skiing - Mont d’Arbois Ski Area has a large variety of slopes with something to suit everyone.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
A chic chalet style hotel in the delightful ski resort of Megève. Traditionally dressed rooms are decked out with pine clad walls, beamed ceilings and smart bathrooms. The best feature private terraces with spectacular views. An atmospheric restaurant and heated outdoor pool are a welcome addition. See More
Les Roches Megève 25 rooms from CA$184Active Holiday - Strap on your skis from this gorgeous hotel, or set out for a hike. Spa, hot tub and massage available afterSkiing - Close to Megeve Ski ResortGreat walks - Many trails nearby, as well as Massif des Bauges National ParkLocal markets - Sallanches hosts a market every Saturday (3km away)Recommended by - Michelin Travel
A pretty chalet opposite Mont Blanc. Rooms feature Alpine wooden panelling and big modern bathrooms. Outdoor pool, spa, hot tub and sauna available for apres-ski. Fantastic regional cuisine. Family friendly, welcoming, and with unbeatable views. See More
Le Cerf Amoureux Megève (Hameau de Nant Cruy) 11 rooms from CA$250Country Escape - Miles of ski slopes, walking trails and activities on the Sallanches riverSkiing - Megève Combloux Ski Resor is 5km awaySights nearby - Aravis and Mont BlancKayaking - On Sallanches RiverRecommended by - Michelin Travel
A cosy chalet with views of Mont Blanc. Charming rooms have wooden walls, pretty fabrics and large bathrooms. Outdoor pool, sunny terrace and gardens within the mountains. Traditional Alpine cuisine. A great choice for a weekend of mountain activities. See More
Les Fermes de Marie Megève 71 rooms from CA$256Child friendly - Dedicated space for the young in the Hameau des Enfants, with fully supervised activities programme.Restaurant - Four different dining options.SkiingSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Another member of the Sibuet stable: a collection of chalets and farmhouses that has been lovingly restored to create a luxurious rustic idyll. Nothing has been forgotten from gourmet food, a dedicated space for the younger generation to "Pure Altitude" spa. See More
Hotel Mont Blanc, Megeve Megève 40 rooms from CA$263SkiingRestaurant - With Cocteau mural and open plan kitchen.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolSpaRecommended by - Tablet
Elegant Megeve grand dame situated in the heart of the village a stone's throw from the cable cars. Soak up the ambience and history created by one its most famous guests, Jean Cocteau and enjoy his favourite steak au poivre in the restaurant "Les Enfants Terrible". See More
La Grange d'Arly Megève 22 rooms from CA$266SkiingTraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Restaurant - Recommended.
A picturesque chalet and restaurant with very friendly hosts. An intimate and cosy atmosphere throughout. Wooden beamed rooms with private balconies and attractive fabrics. Understated and charming. See More
Au Coin du Feu Megève 23 rooms from CA$300SkiingViews - Great views from hotelTraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Tablet
A small and charming hotel chalet with a cosy atmosphere. Delightful wooden bedrooms with private balconies and mountain views. A rather quaint sitting room and restaurant, and a spa at the sister hotel. An understated chalet for those who want something a bit quieter. See More
Le Lodge Park Megève 49 rooms from CA$395Skiing - A stone's throw from the main lifts.Restaurant - Specialising in top notch cuts of meat from the best breeders.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalRecommended by - Tablet
A member of the Sibuet family group of hotels, where the traditional hotel has been given a modern and sophisticated make over whilst retaining all that is good about alpine style. Beeflodge Restaurant specialising in top notch meat. Not to be bettered central location. See More
Le Fer a Cheval, Megeve Megève 54 rooms from CA$410Romantic BreakFamiliesSkiing5* Luxury - Very high service standards.
Extremely luxurious Five Star hotel with a spectacular spa. Private rooms and suites sprawl across a complex of charming chalets. Traditional but sumptuous wooden suites with mezzanine levels, fireplaces, elegant furniture. Excellent restaurants, meeting rooms, and spa. See More
Flocons de Sel Megève 9 rooms from CA$424Foodies - Gourmet restaurant with three Michelin starsSkiing - Internationally renowned resortGreat walks - Scenic walking and hiking routes for all abilities when the snows have meltedRestaurant - Michelin starred restaurant or bistro diningRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
A mountainside hotel offering luxury, contemporary chalet rooms and suites with exposed wood galore, cow hide furnishings, and private balconies with stunning views. Relaxing indoor pool with spa and massage. Comfortable sitting room and gourmet restaurant. A luxury stay in the Alps. See More
Le Chalet du Mont d'Arbois Megève 41 rooms from CA$439Skiing - Shuttle bus to the slopesFamilies5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Restaurant - Gastronomic restaurant or tavern with Savoyard specialitiesRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
A spectacular Five Star hotel set across three separate chalets. Typical Savoyard architecture and sumptuous furnishings in the rooms and suites. Fireplaces, wall murals, polished wooden floors, private hot tubs, and terraces. Gourmet cuisine and a professional spa. Very luxurious. See More
L'Arboisie Megève 69 rooms from CA$452Skiing - Great access to the three ski areas offering 325 km of pistes with something for all levels.Active Holiday - The surrounding mountains offer a plethora of outdoor pursuits.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor poolsViews - Great views from hotel
A picturesque wooden chalet boasting a tranquil setting on the outskirts of the pretty ski resort of Megève. Inside an array of rooms and suites are traditionally dressed and accommodate up to ten people. A superb restaurant, pools and spa are a welcome respite after a day spent in the mountains. See More
L'Alpaga Megève 22 rooms from CA$468Skiing - Megeve is renowned for its sprawling ski area which is prefect for skiers of all abilitiesFoodies - La Table de L'Alpaga with its fabulous two Michelin Star dining is not to be missed!Restaurant - Featuring "bistronomic" cuisine at Le Bistro d'Alpaga and two Michelin stars at La Table de l’AlpagaSwimming Pool - State of the art Indoor PoolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Beautifully presented 26 bedroom hotel with 7 suites and 5 private traditional chalets in "modern rustic" style: an effective blend of wood with contemporary stylish materials. Two restaurants: one serving "bistronomic" cuisine and La Table de l’Alpaga with two Michelin stars. Excellent spa too. See More
Hôtel Chalet Saint-Georges Megève 24 rooms from CA$477Skiing - In the centre of MegèveRestaurant - La Table du Trappeur & La Table du Pecheur are located on site, Le Face au Mont Blanc & La Table du Skieur are up the mountain.Great walks - Explore the numerous hiking trails in the summer when the snow has meltedLocal markets - Every Friday morning
Charming chalet located in the heart of Megève just metres from the Chamois ski lift. Enjoy antique furnishings in true French alpine style, with lots of wooden beams and thick curtains to keep out the winter chill. A choice of two restaurants and cosy lounge with roaring fire add to the atmosphere. See More
Le M de Megeve Megève 42 rooms from CA$512FamiliesGroupsSkiingTraditional
A chic luxury chalet with a gourmet restaurant, indoor swimming pool and spa. Contemporary rooms and suites have mezzanine floors, traditional wood panelling, elegant furniture and private balconies. Excellent for romantic couples, families or solo travellers looking for an indulgent stay. See More
Le Chalet Zannier Megève 12 rooms from CA$805Total relaxation - With deluxe suites, an excellent spa, and phenomenal service it's perfect for a relaxing retreat.Active Holiday - The ideal spot for an indulgent trip to Megeve, the original alpine ski resort.Great walks - Megeve is a great spot for walking in the summer months.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels , Kiwi Collection
The combination of five-star luxury and edgy alpine style, sets Le Chalet Zannier aside from the crowd. The cosy rooms are beautifully designed and exude a rustic-chic feel. After a day on the slopes return for delicious French cuisine or a relaxing session in the spa. A hillside wonder. See More