Search the best hotels in Asuncion
The capital of Paraguay, Asuncion is a fascinating city with a rich colonial past and a vibrant present. A great destination for travellers of all ages, it offers a wonderful array of accommodation options, including everything from simple guesthouses to swish boutique hotels. Many of the best places to stay in Asuncion are clustered around the historic centre, close to the main sights.
Delve into the city’s past at the Museo de la Ciudad, the Museo de Arte Contemporáneo and the Museo del Barro, or at the imposing Catedral de Nuestra Señora de la Asunción. The Palacio de Gobierno is also well worth visiting. Head to Plaza Uruguaya for lively street performances and to admire the neo-classical architecture of the surrounding buildings. The leafy Parque Independencia is a lovely place for a stroll, as is the Jardín Botánico. Outdoorsy travellers will enjoy cycling and hiking in the surrounding countryside, whilst families can try rafting, kayaking and fishing on the Paraguay River.
But don't forget that the best places to stay in Asuncion fill up fast during the peak summer months — book your trip well in advance!
Best places to stay in Asuncion
- La Mision is situated in the historic district of Recoleta and is the one to book if you like a luxury hotel. Here you can expect spacious, elegant rooms all done in a chic understated modern style, plus there's a gourmet restaurant which fuses international cuisine with local flavours, cocktail bar, and rooftop pool.
For Colonial Style
- La Casona is a charming little boutique hotel converted from a colonial mansion in a smart residential neighbourhood. Lovely rooms and suites mix contemporary style with period charm and some have direct garden access. The small pool is a blessing on really hot days!
For Industrial style
- You might be forgiven for assuming that La Factoria is a conversion of a 19th century factory, but you'd be wrong! This property was built to resemble a factory, and its interiors are crammed with period pieces and styling; it may be wholly contrived, but it works! Spacious rooms and suites are seriously elegant and Ofelia serves dishes created from local ingredients but with global influences. Very cool.
For an apartment
- For a full range of self catering properties head over to our partner Booking.com
- The Airport is only 10k from the centre of town and taxis are a very cheap and quick way of getting to central Asuncion
- If you'd like to rent a car to explore further afield, for prices we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- Asuncion enjoys a sub-tropical climate with warm winters and humid, hot summers. The temperature rarely drops below 23°C. July and August are the driest months of the year.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the neighbouring countries of Brazil and Argentina
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Asuncion
Best Hotels in Asuncion
La Casona Asuncion 9 rooms from CA$130Hideaway - A tranquil colonial property to return to after a day exploring the city.Sights nearby - View the hotel's most iconic building Panteón Nacional de los Héroes.Local markets - Delve into Mercado 4 for a real feel of authentic Asuncion.Traditional
A small boutique property in a converted colonial house. Chic suites and rooms mix contemporary stye with traditional charm; think white washed walls, exposed beams and luxurious bathrooms. A courtyard pool is utterly tranquil. The perfect spot to return to after a day exploring the city. See More
Factoría Hotel Asuncion 17 rooms from CA$196Foodies - Foodies will love the hotel's Ofelia Kitchen, a vanguard gourmet experience with a focus on regional flavoursLocal exploring - Set close to local museums and galleries, this hotel is perfecly placed for cultural exploring in AsunciónCity Style - Set in an industrial-style property with luxury interiors, this hotel has chic and contemporary city styleGreat walks - Explore downtown Asunción on a long walk; head to the Botanical Garden and Zoo of Asunción on the way
Built-in the style of a 19th-century factory, this luxury hotel is nestled in Asunción. Industrial-chic suites feature exposed brick walls contrasted with plush linens on an extra-large bed. Book a suite for intricate, floor-to-ceiling wrought iron windows. Dine at the Ofelia kitchen; a smart hotel. See More
La Misión Asuncion (Recoleta) 36 rooms from CA$359City Style - The hotel is located in the historic district of Recoleta, a perfect spot from which to explore the rest of AsunciónTotal relaxation - Relax by the rooftop pool and take in the panoramic views or treat yourself to a massageSights nearby - Check out Asuncion Zoo and Botanical Garden or you can head to the Government Palace insteadBoutique
La Misión in situated in the district of Recoleta in Anuncia. It features elegant and spacious rooms decorated with light colours and a diverse range of artwork. Relax in the rooftop pool or unwind in the exotic garden where jazz recitals take place over the weekend. A truly upmarket city spot. See More