Search the best hotels in Koh Lanta
About Koh Lanta
Koh Lanta is a picture-perfect island offering a quieter holiday spot than its somewhat rowdy neighbour Koh Phi Phi. The island boasts many of those characteristically beautiful white-sand Thai beaches, some superb diving spots and an interesting old town. The best places to stay in Koh Lanta are, naturally, right on these gorgeous beaches.
The population of Koh Lanta is thought to include some of the oldest communities in Thailand and comprise a collection of faiths and ethnicities including Buddhists and Muslims, Thais, Thai-Chinese, and Chao Lae (also known as sea-gypsies). The island itself is made up of thick mangroves, caves, waterfalls and jungle. A day spent in the National Park amongst birds, lizards, monkeys and some diverse flora and fauna is a real must for wildlife enthusiasts.
Where to stay - which village or beach?
- Saladan Village is the island's largest village and the arrival port for most ferries. It has a bustling atmosphere and a lively evening market every Wednesday.
- Khlong Dao beach is the nearest beach to Saladan Village and has a wide selection of resort like hotels and is popular with families.
- Phra Ae (Long Beach) is on the north west of the coast and is the place to stay if you want a little more peace and quiet.
- Klong Khong beach is a beautiful 3km stretch of white sand beach on the north of the island with a good selection of restaurants and bars, ideal for those who want to enjoy the island's nightlife.
- Klong Hin beach is on the south west of the island and is where to come if you like a beach without a crowd.
Don't forget that the best places to stay in Koh Lanta will be highly sought after especially during peak holiday seasons. So do your homework, and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Koh Lanta
Klong Hin Beach
- The Houben is a small adult only retreat located atop a cliff overlooking the Andaman Sea. Contemporary rooms are spacious and well-designed with modern art, clean lines and simple furnishings. A red infinity pool and spoiling spa covers all elements of relaxation and the beach is just a short walk away.
Phra Ae (Long Beach)
- Layana Resort & Spa is a five star resort set on the popular and picturesque Long Beach. Private suites offer sunken baths and floating beds. The spa and superb restaurant make this a truly spoiling choice.
For a luxury break
- Pimalai Resort is a luxury resort set just a little away from the beach in a pretty secluded spot. The aesthetics are contemporary Thai, there's a superb spa and easy beach access. An ideal property for a couples break.
For a villa or an apartment
- If you’d prefer a self-catering option we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- The quickest (but perhaps the most expensive) way to reach the island is by boat from Chao Fa Pier in Krabi Town. However, these only run during peak season (November to April). During the off-season a minivan runs from the mainland via ferry and crosses from the island of Koh Lanta Noi via the bridge to Koh Lanta Yai.The nearest airport of Krabi which is small but well serviced.
- The best time to visit is during the months of November-April when the weather is dry and warm. During the other months some restaurants and hotels remain open however the weather can be wet and stormy.
- If you would like the freedom of your own car we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure where to book?
- Expand your search to include hotels in Krabi and Phuket.
- Browse through all our recommended hotels across Thailand.
- Or contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Koh Lanta
The Houben Krabi, Koh Lanta 15 rooms from CA$231Romantic Break - An adult-only property offering just the right amount of seclusion.Diving - Explore the tropical seas on a scuba diving excursion.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRestrictions on children - Adult onlyRecommended by - Tablet
A small adult only retreat located atop a cliff overlooking the Andaman Sea. Contemporary rooms are spacious and well-designed with modern art, clean lines and simple furnishings. A red infinity pool and spoiling spa covers all elements of relaxation and the beach is just a short walk away. See More
Layana Resort & Spa Ko Lanta, Koh Lanta 57 rooms from CA$311Hideaway - Nestled within tropical vegetation on a lesser-visited Thai island, this hotel makes an ideal hideaway holiday destinationSpa breaks - With a full-service spa onsite offering a range of pampering treatments, book this resort for your next spa breakBeach Life - Set on a beautiful sandy beach on Koh Lanta's coast, this hotel is perfect for a luxury beach breakRestrictions on children - Adults-only resort
Nestled among lush, tropical vegetation, this five-star resort and spa faces the Ko Lanta coast. Traditional Thai architecture meets modern interior design here; unwind in the minimalist suites' sunken bath before sleeping in a floating bed. Book into the Linger Longer Spa; a chic island escape. See More
Pimalai Resort Ko Lanta, Koh Lanta 121 rooms from CA$313Local exploring - Sandwiched between the forest and the sea, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring in KrabiBeach Life - Set on a beautiful stretch of sandy beach in Ko Lanta, this hotel makes an ideal seaside getawayRomantic Break - Couples love the romantic suites at this hotel; book a luxury villa for sea viewsRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels, I Escape
Nestled between Ba Kan Tiang Beach and the Khao Pu mountain, this luxury resort is a paradise-like nature retreat. Thai culture permeates the guestrooms, with polished, teak wood floors and regional artwork; rattan curtains open to a private terrace. Book a holistic spa treatment; a chic hideaway. See More