Search the best hotels in Dinard
Set on Brittany’s gorgeous Emerald Coast, Dinard has a glittering reputation as one of France’s most fashionable ‘British’ seaside resorts. Originally home to St Malo’s shipping merchants whose grand mansions overlooked Vicomté Bay, it became a popular destination for the British aristocracy during 19th Century. Such is the strength of this connection that our selection of the best places to stay in Dinard includes a striking Art Deco hotel housed in what was once a British-owned holiday home, as well as a luxury grande dame and chic little restaurant with rooms. Whilst the Belle Epoque may have ended, however, Dinard’s appeal endures.
Once dubbed the ‘Cannes of the North’, Dinard features a glamorous array of restaurants and bars, a casino and a golf course, as well as some enchanting heritage buildings. Stroll the Promenade de Clair de Lune, the Pointe du Moulinet or towards the Villa les Roches Brunes to admire imposing residences as well as lovely natural views, before picking a perch at a swish café for a coffee and a croissant or fresh seafood lunch.
Beachgoers should make for the Plage du Prieuré or Plage de l’Ecluse, where you can swim, sunbathe, sail, kayak and people-watch. Bike rides, horse riding and guided hikes can also be easily arranged. Peruse the Dinard Street Market, venture to St Malo to stroll the historic ramparts, or discover the power of tidal energy at l’usine marémotrice de la Rance, which offers free tours.
This sophisticated seaside spot fills up fast during the summer months — plan your trip well in advance to guarantee a room at one of the best places to stay in Dinard.
The Best Places to Stay in Dinard
For Boutique Charm
- Didier Méril is a lovely villa with nine simple, airy rooms overlooking the sweeping bay beyond. Dine at the hotel restaurant, supervised by Didier Méril himself, after sunny days at the beach. Seasonal, homemade dishes will delight keen foodies eager to experience a real taste of the Breton coast. The children's menu and family suite also make this a great choice if you're travelling with little ones. Charming.
- Castelbrac Hotel & Spa was originally built as an Art Deco holiday home for its British owners. Now offering 25 chic, retro-inspired rooms, it commands a prime waterfront location in the heart of town, and oozes classic elegance. Come for the luxury accommodation, a superb spa, fabulous food and stunning views. A real treat.
- Le Grand Hotel is a landmark property with exceptional views over Vicomté Bay, and beautifully styled rooms fusing traditional elements with contemporary cool. French doors lead to private balconies, there's a spoiling spa, fitness centre, indoor and outdoor pools and access to heaps of activities. For couples or families.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Dinard-Pleurtuit-St-Malo Airport, 10 minutes from Dinard by bus or taxi. Alternatively, you can arrive by train from hubs such as Rennes or Paris.
- Brittany is brilliant for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel during the spring or summer for the best weather, with temperatures peaking at around 21°C in July and August — this is the busiest time of year. For a quieter trip, consider visiting in May or September, although the weather will be cooler.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in St Malo.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Brittany.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Dinard
Best Hotels in Dinard
Didier Méril Dinard 11 rooms from €98Local exploring - This hotel is the perfect base for discovering the north coast of Brittany, as well as the Rance Valley and Mont-Saint-MichelFamilies - With cots available for babies and kids' menus at the restaurant, families are well-catered to at this hotelBeach Life - Set on the beautiful bay of Dinard, steps from the sunny beach, this hotel is ideal for a seaside getawaySights nearby - Visit Notre Dame d'Emeraude de Dinard, a charming local church located steps from the hotel
This boutique hotel is housed in a traditional, Dinard-style villa overlooking the bay in Brittany. Guestrooms are bright and airy, with crisp white linens, plush, aquamarine carpets and sea views. Dine at the hotel restaurant, supervised by Didier Méril himself, after a day at the beach. See More
Castelbrac Dinard 25 rooms from €263Local markets - Find a steal at the Dinard Street Market (Saturdays). Great for local produce and clothesGreat walks - Take an evening stroll along the long stretch of the Promenade du Clair de LuneSwimming Pool - SeasonalFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
An old aristocratic British owned holiday home renovated in the style of its original Art Deco design. Bold wall paper, freestanding baths in the bedrooms and portal windows with exceptional sea views. A lap pool sits precariously on a terrace. A cunning design aspect. A destination on to its own. See More
Hotel Barriere Le Grand Dinard 86 rooms from €233Total relaxation - A luxury coastal escape where guests can simply lounge by the pool, unwind in the spa and enjoy a personal butler serviceFamilies - Family suites are provided for those travelling with young children and a kids club is available to keep children busyGreat walks - Take evening strolls along the promenadeSwimming Pool - Outdoor and outdoor pool
The grand dame of hotels in Dinard, this luxury sea-facing property is a well-established favourite. Beautifully styled rooms perfectly mix traditional and contemporary styles and feature french doors leading onto private terraces. Complete with a spoiling spa and exceptionally large pools. See More