Search the best hotels in Dinard
Dinard, on the ‘Emerald Coast’ of Brittany, has a reputation as one of France’s most fashionable ‘British’ seaside resorts. It was originally home to St. Malo’s shipping merchants who built their grand mansions there. During the nineteenth century it became a popular destination for the aristocracy from the other side of the Channel who were attracted by the clement gulfstream climate and the many sandy beaches. Despite a decline during the 1930s, Dinard retains its Belle Epoque style. It has been called the Cannes of the North and with its golf course, casino and numerous smart restaurants and bars, it remains a popular and chic holiday spot. The best places to stay in Dinard provide a perfect base to allow you to sample the delights of this sophisticated resort.
What not to miss
- Head off on an evening stroll along the Promenade du Clair de Lune and watch the sunset - a lovely experience. Alternatively, head to the Pointe du Moulinet instead.
- Spend an afternoon at nearby St Malo and explore the town's historic ramparts.
- The Usine Maremotrice de la Rance is a fascinating spot where you can learn all about how tidal energy completely powers the local area.
- The bustling Dinard street market is another spot that's definitely worth visiting.
Don't forget to book well ahead if you're planning a visit during the peak summer months as it can get crowded and the best places to stay in Dinard get filled fast.
The best places to stay in Dinard
- The luxurious Hotel Villa Reine Hortense enjoys a fabulous location overlooking Dinard beach. Set in a 20th-century property, their smart rooms are charmingly decorated and boast sublime sea views.
- The Hotel Printania is a gourmet restaurant with rooms situated on the seafront promenade - looking over the Rance to St. Malo. There's a lovely palm-filled conservatory dating back to the colonial exhibition of 1906 and the lounge is decorated in the style of Napoleon III - a romantic and gastronomic treat.
- Castelbrac, a unique Art Deco palace, was originally a British holiday home. Now offering 25 rooms, it commands a prime waterfront location in the very centre of Dinard and oozes a quirky retro style. Come for luxury accommodation and stunning views.
For St Malo
- Set in a gorgeous mansion, Hotel La Villefromoy offers charming rooms just a minute away from the beach and with St Malo's sights right on your doorstep.
- Hotel Les Charmettes features pleasant accommodation boasting seaside views. Tuck into delectable seafood in the evenings with a local tipple - ideal for those wanting to get away from it all.
- Hotel Beaufort is a more down to earth spot, with rooms overlooking the seaside and a lovely bar. Plus, it's great value for money.
- Malouiniere Le Valmarin enjoys a serene setting despite its central location. Their toile du juoy bedrooms are traditional in feel and there's a lovely restaurant in which to relax after a day out spent seeing the sights.
- L'Ascott's charming rooms feature muted tones and luxury bedding. Just a short distance from the beach, it's an all-round top spot which also offers lovely views.
- The stunning Chateau du Colombier boasts a rich history and interiors to match. This 18th-century spot offers traditional accommodation with antiques and chandeliers, whilst there's also a fine dining restaurant which serves up excellent fare.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- The weather's nicest during the summer months, with the average temperature rising to 17°C in July and August.
- This, however, is peak tourist season - for a quieter and cheaper alternative consider coming in the shoulder season months (May and October).
- If you're coming from abroad then fly into Dinard-Pleurtuit-St-Malo Airport which is served by Ryanair.
- For those wanting to explore more of the surrounding area, consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Nothing here that fits the bill?
Best Hotels in Dinard
Hotel Printania Dinard 56 rooms from £69GourmetFoodiesLocal markets - Good for local colour.Romantic - Good for couples.
Didier Méril Dinard 11 rooms from £85Local exploring - This hotel is the perfect base for discovering the north coast of Brittany, as well as the Rance Valley and Mont-Saint-MichelFamilies - With cots available for babies and kids' menus at the restaurant, families are well-catered to at this hotelBeach Life - Set on the beautiful bay of Dinard, steps from the sunny beach, this hotel is ideal for a seaside getawaySights nearby - Visit Notre Dame d'Emeraude de Dinard, a charming local church located steps from the hotel
This boutique hotel is housed in a traditional, Dinard-style villa overlooking the bay in Brittany. Guestrooms are bright and airy, with crisp white linens, plush, aquamarine carpets and sea views. Dine at the hotel restaurant, supervised by Didier Méril himself, after a day at the beach. See More
Castelbrac Dinard 25 rooms from £228Local markets - Find a steal at the Dinard Street Market (Saturdays). Great for local produce and clothesGreat walks - Take an evening stroll along the long stretch of the Promenade du Clair de LuneSwimming Pool - SeasonalViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
An old aristocratic British owned holiday home renovated in the style of its original Art Deco design. Bold wall paper, freestanding baths in the bedrooms and portal windows with exceptional sea views. A lap pool sits precariously on a terrace. A cunning design aspect. A destination on to its own. See More
Hotel Barriere Le Grand Dinard 86 rooms from £202Total relaxation - A luxury coastal escape where guests can simply lounge by the pool, unwind in the spa and enjoy a personal butler serviceFamilies - Family suites are provided for those travelling with young children and a kids club is available to keep children busyGreat walks - Take evening strolls along the promenadeSwimming Pool - Outdoor and outdoor pool
The grand dame of hotels in Dinard, this luxury sea-facing property is a well-established favourite. Beautifully styled rooms perfectly mix traditional and contemporary styles and feature french doors leading onto private terraces. Complete with a spoiling spa and exceptionally large pools. See More