Search the best hotels in Megève
Picturesquely located in a smooth bowl under Mont Blanc, Megève is a truly charming resort. Its old cobbled village centre is packed with traditional chalets and there's not a single big hotel - so our Guru's recommendations for the best places to stay in Megève err more towards the traditional than the contemporary.
As far as the skiing is concerned, here they boast they have something for everyone. Megève is a good choice for skiing families. There are numerous beginner runs, so first-timers aren't stuck on the nursery slopes, and there are good long runs for confident intermediates on Mont d'Arbois. This is because the skiable area is huge - 83 lifts and 325kms of piste, including some excellent off-piste areas.
Many of Megève's chalets were designed by the same architect, who borrowed design features from the town's original farmhouses, dating from when Megève was part of the Duchy of Savoy. While uniformly charming, the centre of town does have a wide choice of the best places to stay in Megève, cosy cafes and a number of good restaurants - including the highly recommended Flocons del Sel.
What not to miss
- Hike around Le Chemin du Calvaire and enjoy the wonderful views of Megève.
- Those visiting with family should definitely spend an action-packed afternoon at the Luge 4s!
- If you're here in winter then be sure to hit the slopes of Mont D'Arbois and Le Jaillet.
- Église Saint-Jean Baptiste is a pretty little church that's well worth a visit.
The best places to stay in Megève
- Warm and rustic, Les Fermes de Marie has been converted from several chalets and farmhouses. There are a choice of room styles, a dedicated kid's area, and supervised activities. There's also a spa.
- Le Gai Soleil is a simple chalet with an excellent restaurant and extensive wine list. Rooms are basic, but comfortably sleep up to four. There's also a spa and outdoor pool.
- La Grange d'Arly is a picturesque chalet and restaurant in the heart of Megève, with an understated air and very friendly hosts.
- M Megève is at the more expensive end of Megève's price scale, but its large suites with mezzanine floors make this recently renovated grand chalet a good choice for families.
- With suites that can cater for up to ten people, L'Arboisie is a great spot for families. The rooms are traditionally dressed, whilst there's also a wonderful restaurant, pools and a spa.
Megève's Traditional Treasures
- Hotel Mont Blanc is traditional and elegant, its ambience having remained largely unchanged since it hosted Jean Cocteau in Megève's cobbled heart.
- Alpaga's restaurant serves 'bistronomic' cuisine, meaning the food is good, but the decor is relaxed. They're possibly understating themselves because their photos look pretty stylish - in a 'modern rustic' way.
- Au Coin du Feu features cosy accommodation with private balconies and mountain views. Tuck into lovely cuisine in the atmospheric restaurant before enjoying a tipple in the sitting room.
- Hôtel Chalet Saint-Georges is a charming retreat boasting antique furnishings and a cosy lounge complete with a roaring log fire. Plus, there are two splendid restaurants to chose from - ideal after a long day out on the slopes.
For something smart
- If you're looking for sophistication try Le Lodge Park, a traditional hotel recently refurbished into something a bit more modern but retaining all the charm of the original alpine design. The central location is one of the town's most convenient.
- Les Loges Blanches is a chic chalet with classy accommodation complete with modern bathrooms. The restaurant is top-notch, whilst there's also a pool to boot.
- Mountainside Flocons de Sel offers luxury rooms and suites - think plenty of wood and cowhide furnishings - with wonderful views. There's also a pool, spa, and massages available. A lovely retreat!
- Le Fer A Cheval is a 5* stay with sumptuous interiors that are bound to impress. The accommodation is spread across a number of chalets, and the hotel boasts a number of delicious restaurants to try out.
- Le Chalet du Mont D'Arbrois is another option for those who only want 5* luxury; the rooms are typically Savoyard and incredibly cosy, whilst it also features private hot tubs, gourmet cuisine and an excellent spa.
- Le Chalet Zannier is an absolutely gorgeous stay. Combining 5* luxury with edge alpine style, it exudes a rustic-chic charm and the restaurant serves up absolutely delicious French cuisine. A superb option!
For an apartment
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- If you're visiting Megève for the skiing then you're best off coming from December to March.
- However, if you want to enjoy the lovely hiking trails during the summer then consider visiting in July, when the average temperature climbs to 17°C.
- Your best bet is to fly into Geneva Airport, located an hour from the airport.
- Taxis to Megève from Geneva are fairly expensive, so consider hiring a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Megève.
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Chamonix or Courmayeur.
- Alternatively, feel free to contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Megève
Best Hotels in Megève
Le Gai Soleil Megève 21 rooms from €105Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsSkiingRestaurant - Recommended.Spa
Les Loges Blanches Megève 63 rooms from €122Active Holiday - Ski in the winter, hike in the summer; the Alps provide boundless opportunities for outdoor pursuits.Skiing - Mont d’Arbois Ski Area has a large variety of slopes with something to suit everyone.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
A chic chalet style hotel in the delightful ski resort of Megève. Traditionally dressed rooms are decked out with pine clad walls, beamed ceilings and smart bathrooms. The best feature private terraces with spectacular views. An atmospheric restaurant and heated outdoor pool are a welcome addition. See More
Les Roches Megève 25 rooms from €126Active Holiday - Strap on your skis from this gorgeous hotel, or set out for a hike. Spa, hot tub and massage available afterSkiing - Close to Megeve Ski ResortGreat walks - Many trails nearby, as well as Massif des Bauges National ParkLocal markets - Sallanches hosts a market every Saturday (3km away)Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Le Cerf Amoureux Megève (Hameau de Nant Cruy) 11 rooms from €171Country Escape - Miles of ski slopes, walking trails and activities on the Sallanches riverSkiing - Megève Combloux Ski Resor is 5km awaySights nearby - Aravis and Mont BlancKayaking - On Sallanches RiverRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Les Fermes de Marie Megève 71 rooms from €175Child friendly - Dedicated space for the young in the Hameau des Enfants, with fully supervised activities programme.Restaurant - Four different dining options.SkiingSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Hotel Mont Blanc, Megeve Megève 40 rooms from €180SkiingRestaurant - With Cocteau mural and open plan kitchen.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolSpaRecommended by - Tablet
La Grange d'Arly Megève 22 rooms from €182SkiingTraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Restaurant - Recommended.
Au Coin du Feu Megève 23 rooms from €205SkiingViews - Great views from hotelTraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Tablet
Le Lodge Park Megève 49 rooms from €270Skiing - A stone's throw from the main lifts.Restaurant - Specialising in top notch cuts of meat from the best breeders.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalRecommended by - Tablet
Flocons de Sel Megève 9 rooms from €290Foodies - Gourmet restaurant with three Michelin starsSkiing - Internationally renowned resortGreat walks - Scenic walking and hiking routes for all abilities when the snows have meltedRestaurant - Michelin starred restaurant or bistro diningRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
A mountainside hotel offering luxury, contemporary chalet rooms and suites with exposed wood galore, cow hide furnishings, and private balconies with stunning views. Relaxing indoor pool with spa and massage. Comfortable sitting room and gourmet restaurant. A luxury stay in the Alps. See More
Le Fer a Cheval, Megeve Megève 54 rooms from €300Romantic BreakFamiliesSkiing5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Le Chalet du Mont d'Arbois Megève 41 rooms from €300Skiing - Shuttle bus to the slopesFamilies5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Restaurant - Gastronomic restaurant or tavern with Savoyard specialitiesRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
A spectacular Five Star hotel set across three separate chalets. Typical Savoyard architecture and sumptuous furnishings in the rooms and suites. Fireplaces, wall murals, polished wooden floors, private hot tubs, and terraces. Gourmet cuisine and a professional spa. Very luxurious. See More
L'Arboisie Megève 69 rooms from €309Skiing - Great access to the three ski areas offering 325 km of pistes with something for all levels.Active Holiday - The surrounding mountains offer a plethora of outdoor pursuits.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor poolsViews - Great views from hotel
A picturesque wooden chalet boasting a tranquil setting on the outskirts of the pretty ski resort of Megève. Inside an array of rooms and suites are traditionally dressed and accommodate up to ten people. A superb restaurant, pools and spa are a welcome respite after a day spent in the mountains. See More
Alpaga Megève 22 rooms from €320SkiingRestaurant - Featuring "bistronomic" cuisine at L'Onyx and a Michelin star at La Table de l’AlpagaSwimming Pool - State of the art Indoor PoolSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Beautifully presented 22 bedroom hotel with 5 apartments and 6 private traditional chalets in "modern rustic" style: an effective blend of wood with contemporary stylish materials. Two restaurants: L'Onyx serving "bistronomic" cuisine and La Table de l’Alpaca with a Michelin star. Excellent spa too. See More
Hôtel Chalet Saint-Georges Megève 24 rooms from €326Skiing - In the centre of MegèveRestaurant - La Table du Trappeur & La Table du Pecheur are located on site, Le Face au Mont Blanc & La Table du Skieur are up the mountain.Great walks - Explore the numerous hiking trails in the summer when the snow has meltedLocal markets - Every Friday morning
Charming chalet located in the heart of Megève just metres from the Chamois ski lift. Enjoy antique furnishings in true French alpine style, with lots of wooden beams and thick curtains to keep out the winter chill. A choice of two restaurants and cosy lounge with roaring fire add to the atmosphere. See More
M Megeve Megève 15 rooms from €350FamiliesGroupsSkiingTraditional
Le Chalet Zannier Megève 12 rooms from €550Total relaxation - With deluxe suites, an excellent spa, and phenomenal service it's perfect for a relaxing retreat.Active Holiday - The ideal spot for an indulgent trip to Megeve, the original alpine ski resort.Great walks - Megeve is a great spot for walking in the summer months.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels , Kiwi Collection
The combination of five-star luxury and edgy alpine style, sets Le Chalet Zannier aside from the crowd. The cosy rooms are beautifully designed and exude a rustic-chic feel. After a day on the slopes return for delicious French cuisine or a relaxing session in the spa. A hillside wonder. See More