Search the best hotels in Ribeauville
Set halfway between Strasbourg and Mulhouse, Ribeauvillé is a charming community surrounded by vineyards and castles, many of which date back to the Middle Ages. A lovely holiday destination for history buffs and relaxed outdoorsy explorers, the area offers converted farmhouses and mountain chalet-style hotels, with space for couples, families and friends. The best places to stay in Ribeauvillé are perfect for a tranquil Alsace escape in winter or summer.
Amble along Ribeauvillé’s Grand-Rue to marvel at 15th- to 18th-Century buildings, fountain-studded squares and ancient walls, which have partially surrounded the town for centuries. The Town Hall, the Corn Exchange and the churches of St Gregory and St Augustine are all well worth admiring, and guided walking tours come highly recommended. The Spring Market, Wine Fair and Christmas Market are also very special.
Beyond the town, you’ll find vast vineyards, many of which offer excellent tours and tastings, as well as fascinating ruined castles dotting the landscape. Long walks or cycle rides with stops to visit the remnants of Saint-Ulrich, Haut-Ribeaupierre and Girsberg are wonderful in the late spring, summer and early autumn. All feature dramatic views of the forested Vosges Mountains. Whether you’re curious about enormous châteaux or family-owned wineries, the best places to stay in Ribeauvillé promise the ideal base from which to discover the region.
The Best Places to Stay in Ribeauvillé
For a Charming B&B
- La Grange du Couvent is a lovely historic B&B with five inviting guestrooms. Expect exposed beams, pine furniture and big cosy beds in the former barn of a nunnery. Generous breakfasts are shared at a communal table, and you're within easy reach of the vineyards and castles.
For a Country Hotel
- Le Clos St Vincent is a romantic country escape with expansive views of verdant vineyards and the mountains beyond. Elegant rooms and suites have private balconies, patterned wallpapers and rich textiles. Unwind in the therapeutic spa, the indoor pool or the gardens before tucking into delicious dishes at the restaurant.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY Cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Strasbourg Airport, 45 minutes from Ribeauvillé by car or bus.
- Alsace is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between May and September for the warmest weather, with temperatures peaking around 22°C. Spring or autumn visitors can expect cooler temperatures and fewer crowds. The harvest weeks are inevitably busy.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Colmar.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Alsace.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Ribeauville
Best Hotels in Ribeauville
Le Clos St Vincent Ribeauville 24 rooms from €129Views - Stunning valley views from all angles.Sights nearby - St. Ulrich Fortress, Centre de Reintroduction des Cigognes et des Loutres, Chateau du Haut-Koenigsbourg and Kayserberg Castle.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Restaurant - Dinner only.
A romantic Four Star hotel set in the hills with valley views and vineyards around. Rooms and suites in the style of wood cabins have elegant furnishings, all the mod cons, and private balconies. Dinner served in the restaurant, indoor pool, and therapeutic spa facilities. A country escape. See More
La Grange du Couvent Ribeauville 5 rooms from €173Local exploring - Ribeauville is a city soaked in history: dominated by three castles, ruined walls and towers.Active Holiday - On the Alsace Wine Route, it is a region famed for its hiking and biking trails.Sights nearby - The Tower of Butchers in Ribeauville is a dark and looming castle well worth seeing.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Chambres d’hôtes de Charme CHC
Rustic and warm rooms in the heart of Ribeauville. The former barn of a nunnery, this B&B is surrounded by vineyards and castles. Traditional rooms are atmospheric and warm with exposed beams, warm hues, pine furniture and sink-into beds. An historic property ideal for cosy rural breaks. See More