Search the best hotels in Ubeda
Úbeda, and its little sister Baeza, are known for their beautifully preserved Renaissance architecture which is huddled together in particularly charming old town centres. This is is where you'll find some of the best places to stay in Úbeda. Once inside its lovely heart you can look out over the wonderful views of surrounding olive groves.
Ubeda is the capital of the Jaen region and home to the local hospital and university. There are 48 monuments and over a hundred of what UNESCO calls 'buildings of interest'. Úbeda is a small city to explore and you can see well beyond the old town on foot.
The most impressive architecture, the Sacra Capilla del Salvador (chapel) and the palaces of Vazquez de Molina and Vela de los Cobo can be found not far from the main square, the Plaza 1. But don't get too distracted by the beautiful heart and forget to stroll out to the Casa Museo Art Andalusi, a wonderful private museum and regular flamenco venue.
Úbeda is particularly lovely in the summer when the annual music and dance festival hits town and there's literally music in the warm air.
As well as splendid monuments, Úbeda has a wonderful collection of tapas bars and restaurants, lovely boutiques - especially antiques - and is well known for traditional pottery.
What not to miss:
- Ubeda has over a hundred of what UNESCO calls 'buildings of interest'. The city is small so put on your walking shoes and get exploring.
- Visit the fascinating private collection at Casa Museo Art Andalusi.
- Catch a lively flamenco performance.
- Sample the local cuisine in the many tapas bars and restaurants.
Some of the best places to stay in Úbeda can be found right in the thick of everything, while some are dotted about amongst the olive groves.
For central location
- The Palacio de la Rambla is a beautifully preserved 16th Century palace in a secluded setting, converted into a maison d'hôte worthy of royalty. Though the royals in question would need to be friendly, as these eight rooms, decorated with beautiful antiques are set around a cloistered courtyard - great for couples. The public areas are designed to be relaxing and shared.
For an apartment
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The nearest major airport is Federico García Lorca Granada-Jaén Airport (GRX / LEGR). This airport has international and domestic flights from Granada, Spain and is 150 km from the centre of Ubeda. By train, travel to Linares-Baeza station, 26 Km away from Úbeda.
- Best time to visit - Ubeda has an extreme climate with cold winters and very hot summers. The most temperate time to visit is in late Spring and early Autumn (May and October).
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Úbeda.
- Alternatively widen the net and check out all of our recommendations in Andalucia.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Ubeda
Best Hotels in Ubeda
Hotel Puerta de la Luna Ubeda (Baeza) 44 rooms from €99Local exploringRestaurant - Popular restaurant specialising in local cuisine. Reputedly one of the best in AndaluciaSights nearby - Just a stone's throw from Baeza cathedralRomantic - Good for couples.
Palacio de la Rambla Ubeda 8 rooms from €132Romantic Break - Renaissance style palace with beautiful courtyard garden and charming antique filled suites ideal for a romantic break.Great walks - Wander the UNESCO World Heritage Site of central Úbeda, filled with historic buildings and churches.Sights nearby - Visit the Plaza de Molina Square, a typical example of Renaissance architecture.Romantic - Good for couples.
Well-preserved 16th-century palace, now a wonderfully aristocratic maison d'hote. Secluded setting, centred on a cloistered courtyard, furnished with family antiques. Large baronial bedrooms with tasteful decor such as draped fourposter beds and fine wooden wardrobes. An enchanting couples retreat. See More
Palacio de Ubeda Ubeda 37 rooms from €150Weddings - Attached to a pretty church and boasting stunning event halls this is a truly romantic spot to tie the knot.Total relaxation - A spoiling spa, exquisite cuisine and excellent service all make for a completely relaxing stay.Great walks - Take a relaxing walk in the nearby Cañada de las Hazadillas.Sights nearby - Visit the spectacular Jaén Cathedral.
A stunning former Palacio turned five star hotel. Beautifully simple rooms are minimalistic in style with white washed walls, exposed stone and parquet flooring. Two exceptional restaurants sit in elegant surrounds. A spoiling spa will aid complete relaxation. The height of luxury. See More