Search the best hotels in Hua Hin
About Hua Hin
Situated in the South-East of Thailand, Hua Hin is a former fishing village turned seaside resort. After the Thai royal family built summer palaces in the area it became a popular and fashionable retreat for Bangkok residents. The long beaches are great for water sports, particularly kitesurfing, and are lined with high-end hotels and great seafood restaurants. Our pick of the best places to stay in Hua Hin are luxury properties that won't break the bank.
What not to miss:
- Hua Hin Beach - Great for families, the beach is clean and the sea is warm! Take a pony ride along its length for a relaxing way to see the area.
- Hua Hin Hills Vineyard - Nestled in the hills and not far from the Huay Mongkol Temple, the vineyard is stunning and renowned for its great wine.
- Hutsadin Elephant Foundation - Trek through the forest on these friendly elephants before cooling down the babies with a shower! The foundation also offers talks on the backgrounds of the rescued elephants under their care.
- Cicada Market - A great place to pick up a trinket, visit this market in the day or night time to soak up the atmosphere and indulge in some traditional food and drink.
To ensure a room at one of the best places to stay in Hua Hin we recommend you book well in advance.
The Best Places to Stay in Hua Hin
For Beachfront tropical beauty
- Putahracsa, on Hua Hin Beach, is an oasis of airy rooms, private pools and chic suites just three hours out of Bangkok. The restaurant is lively at night and there’s an oceanside beach club.
- Anantara Hua Hin is a truly exquisite spot. Set on its own private beach and with lush gardens, it boasts spacious accommodation that's decorated smartly with plenty of antiques. Plus, there are two pools and seven - that's right, seven - eateries!
- Aleenta Hua Hin is a chic spot set on a gorgeous stretch of beach. Luxurious rooms all boast their own plunge pool.
For Retreat relaxation
Chiva-Som is a super-lux, super-healthy wellness retreat in Hua Hin, just three hours from Bangkok. In addition to the seriously impressive array of world-class treatments aimed at refreshing and revitalising your mind, body and soul, there’s also beautiful surrounds and sympathetic architecture.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd like the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Hua Hin is temperate year-round, with the temperature staying above 22°C in all seasons.
- The best time to visit is probably the cool season, from November to February.
- Fly into Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport before taking the bus directly to Hua Hin, though this journey takes around three and a half hours.
- Alternatively, you can hire a car with Rentalcars and drive yourself over to Hua Hin.
Best Hotels in Hua Hin
Putahracsa Hua Hin 67 rooms from €99
This weekend oasis, three hours from Bangkok, soothes the soul. The airy rooms, lush grounds and beachfront location aptly showcase Thailand’s tropical beauty while the Oceanside beach club and restaurant keep things lively at night. Spacious suites with private pools are a welcome luxury.Romantic Break - Private pools, beach location and chic suites make Putahracsa Hua Hin Resort popular with couplesTotal relaxation - Away from Thailand's hustle and bustle - sea views, fine dining and a spaLocal markets - Hua Hin Night Market is just a five minute drivePrivate Hot Tub - Oceanbed suites come with jacuzzi bathsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Anantara Hua Hin Hua Hin 90 rooms from €123
A tranquil resort modelled on a traditional Thai village surrounded by lush tropical gardens. Luxurious rooms are impressively spacious with high ceilings, antique furniture and lovely views. Boasting a private beach, two pools and no less than seven eateries. An ideal haven to simply unwind.Beach Life - On the beach and set amidst 14 acres of landscaped gardens, ideal for those seeking a tranquil coastal retreatTraditional - Modelled on a traditional Thai village, low-rise gabled pavilions are set in lush grounds with lotus-filled lagoonsSights nearby - Maruekhathaiyawan Palace is a wonderful beach palace and really worth a day tripSpa - Spa centre with beauty, body and massage treatments
Aleenta Hua Hin Hua Hin (Pak Nam Pran) 24 rooms from €202
A wonderfully calm resort set on the deserted and beautiful beach of Paknampran Bay. This really is tropical paradise. Simple yet chic rooms overlook the bay and boast private plunge pools, open air bathrooms and wrap around windows. The organic produce comes from the manager's farm. Perfection!Hideaway - A peaceful slice of heaven, far removed from the hectic north- calm empty beaches and ressuringly high numbers of localsFamilies - Kids will love the sandy beaches and many swimming pools, also the hotel offers a nanny service and kids menuEco break - Everything is recycled and all the veg for the restaurant is organic and most is grown from the managers farmHotel Entertainment - This place is all about relaxation, swim, read a book, get a massage or feast on the organic foodRecommended by - I Escape, Small Luxury Hotels, Great Small Hotels , Mr & Mrs Smith
Chiva-Som Hua Hin (Prachuap Khiri Khan) 54 rooms from €479
Super-luxe meets super healthy at Chiva-Som, an award-winning wellness retreat three hours south of Bangkok. With a seriously impressive array of world-class treatments catering to the mind, body and soul, guests are guaranteed to emerge feeling – and looking – years younger.Spa breaks - An award winning spa resort offering exclusive packages to change clients lifestyle.Local markets - Pick up local artecrafts at the nearby Cicada Market.Sights nearby - Take a walk to the striking Wat Khao Krailas Temple.Restrictions on children - No children under 16 years