Search the best hotels in Évian-les-Bains
Famed for its spring water — now available worldwide — Évian-les-Bains is a Belle Époque resort on the French side of Lake Geneva. An hour from both Geneva and Lausanne, this historic lakeside community is characterised by graceful late-19th and early 20th-century architecture, as well as manicured parks, framed by the snow-clad Alps. Accommodation options include simple, self-catering spots as well as classic landmark hotels, fit for a range of tastes and budgets. Our list of the best places to stay in Évian-les-Bains offers the ideal springboard to start planning your trip!
Spectacular Lake Geneva — also known as Lac Léman — is reason enough for a visit to Évian-les-Bains. Take scenic boat tours, sailing and kayaking trips, or enjoy fishing, swimming and paddle boarding. Keen hikers and cyclists can follow marked trails around the lake shore or into the surrounding foothills and mountains, whilst more relaxed amblers will delight in strolling along streets lined with Belle Epoque mansions or exploring the Jardins de L'eau du Pré Curieux. Don’t miss the chance to taste fresh water from the town’s central spring, pop into the Église Saint Nicolas de Veroce and admire the Fabuleux Village Des Flottins before pausing for a coffee.
Evenings are for sunset picnics with a view of the lake, or sampling the town’s top restaurants before retreating to one of the best places to stay in Évian-les-Bains.
The Best Places to Stay in Évian-les-Bains
For Lakefront Charm
- Hotel les Cygnes was built on the shores of Lake Geneva in the 1920s, and proudly retains its classic elegance. The 36 rooms and suites offer flexible options for families or couples, and guests have access to a swimming pool and private beach with pontoons and boat moorings. Enjoy watersports and mini-golf as a family before sampling regional fare at the two restaurants. A charming lakeside hotel.
- Hôtel Ermitage is a swish modern property with 80 contemporary rooms and suites, some of which offer mesmerising lake views. An indulgent holiday choice, the hotel has a swimming pool, tennis courts, golf course and sumptuous spa. There's also a kids' area and games room, making it a wonderful pick for families.
- Hôtel Royal sits in the hills above Évian, with expansive views over the town and Lake Geneva. A magnificent hotel with a state-of-the-art spa, opulent interiors, multiple restaurants, tennis courts, swimming pools and a golf course, it's perfect for honeymooners as well as families. A sophisticated landmark hotel.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY Cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Geneva Airport or to Lausanne Airport, both just over an hour's drive from Évian-les-Bains. There are also regular car ferries across Lake Geneva from Lausanne.
- Haute-Savoie is wonderful for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between May and September for the warmest weather, with temperatures peaking around 23°C. This is the best time for sports on the lake, but it's also the busiest time to visit. Spring or autumn travellers can expect cooler temperatures and fewer crowds.
Still not sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay on Lake Geneva.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Haute-Savoie.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Évian-les-Bains
Best Hotels in Évian-les-Bains
Hotel les Cygnes Évian-les-Bains (Evian-les-Bains) 36 rooms from £87Active Holiday - Surrounded by lake and mountains; hiking, cycling and fishing are just some of many possible activitiesFamilies - Family apartments are available and there's a friendly laid-back attitudeSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolFull of character
Set on Lake Geneva, this hotel offers a range of ornately decorated rooms combining classic style with modern comforts. As well as a heated outdoor swimming pool, the hotel's famous restaurant comes highly recommended. A charming base to explore this picturesque part of the Alps from. See More
Hotel Ermitage, Evian les Bains Évian-les-Bains 80 rooms from £246Families - Babysitting and child day care services in the children's resort, as well as a whole range of fun supervised activities.Active Holiday - With a host of activities including snorkelling, tennis and fishing, it's perfect for an active holiday.Tennis - Make the most of the free on site courts and take a coaching session with the local pro.Sights nearby - Just ten miles from Lavaux Vineyard Terraces which are a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Looking out over Lake Geneva, this stylish modern hotel is perfect for a family holiday. Rooms are contemporary and comfortable with stunning views out over the shores of the lake. Leisure is a priority here, so why not enjoy a round of golf or relax in the hotel's deluxe spa. See More
Hotel Royal, Evian les Bains Évian-les-Bains 66 rooms from £335Honeymoons - A romantic spot at any time of year, with sumptuous suites, five gourmet restaurants, and spectacular views over the mountains.Spa breaks - Considered to be a super spa- everything you would expect, plus La Prairie caviar-based facials and crystal-therapy massage.Tennis - Make the most of the on site tennis courts and brush up on your serve with the in house coach.Spa - Luxurious spa with 2 pools, 1 aquagym pool, a hammam, a sauna, a hot tub and fitness rooms.
A lakeside hotel brimming with luxurious grandeur. The Hotel Royal magnificently captures the essence of its waterside positioning, focusing on tranquility and serenity. A place for romantic relaxation, enjoy its state-of-the-art spa or a leisurely game of tennis. A lakeside wonder. See More