I love your site btw! Alex Slater.
Search the best hotels in Hampi
With a unique combination of temple ruins and arresting landscapes, Hampi is a dramatic escape in India’s sleepy south. Our pick of the best places to stay in Hampi offer something for everyone from gorgeous local interiors to barefoot luxury, with prices that won't break the bank.
Traverse the aged boulders, luscious banana plantations and verdant paddy fields - just driving, walking or cycling around Hampi is an activity within itself!
Unfortunately Hampi Bazaar, the once bustling market place surrounding Virupaksha Temple, has seen major demolition work. However, Virupapur Gaddi retains its charm and here you'll find a good mix of shops, cafes and restaurants.
What Not To Miss
- The Group of Monuments at Hampi, A UNESCO World Heritage Centre, is a truly stunning spot. Take in the magnificent historic architecture and learn all about the area's rich history.
- The most impressive of Hampi’s now disused temples, Vittala Temple and its surrounding ruins is a spectacular sight. This incredible16th century building stands amid the boulders and its sculpture is renowned as the very best of Vijayanagar art.
- Centrally located, Virupaksha Temple is Hampi’s only remaining functioning temple and one of its oldest. Come first thing and watch the Temple's elephant enjoying her morning bath by the river ghats.
- Hike up Matanga hill for sunrise and marvel at the breathtaking views of Hampi - an unforgettable experience!
Our pick of the best places to stay in Hampi all possess rustic charm and are great for the whole family. In addition, both are well situated for soaking up the atmosphere of this unique destination.
For bohemian style
- Encompassing four heritage properties Uramma Heritage Homes provides contemporary, ethnic accommodation to suit every budget. Accommodation starts at just £37 per night!
For getting near to nature
- A long-standing member of Hampi’s hospitality scene, Hampi’s Boulders Resort is surrounded by boulders and paddy. Boasting an abundance of animal and plant life it is great for families and nature
- Best time to visit is from October to March, Hampi's winter, when it'll be cool enough to head off sightseeing for the day, but temperatures will still be around 18-30°C.
- The summers are generally too hot and humid to be spending the days outside exploring, so you should probably avoid coming at this time.
- The most practical option for international guests is to fly into Bangalore Airport and then take the overnight train to Hampi.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Hampi
Uramma Heritage Homes Hampi (Karnataka) 5 rooms from £35
Four heritage homes ranging from private villas to guesthouses, of varying prices yet all as chic as the last. Large rooms feature handwoven carpets, teak furniture and colourful fabrics and tapestries. Meals can be taken in room or communally; served with South Indian flair. A great hideaway.Sights nearby - Sadly Hampi's only remaining working temple, Virupaksha Temple is an absolute must.Local markets - Sule Bazaar is a hub for shopping for locals and tourists.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of character
Hampi’s Boulders Resort Hampi (Bandiharlapur post) 16 rooms from £75
A tranquil escape from the bustling travellers’ hub of Hampi’s Bazaar, but still a stone’s throw from the spectacular ruins of Vijayanagara. Gorgeous.Outstanding location - Located on the Tungabhadra River, 7km from World Heritage site Hampi's Vijayanagar era Temple ruinsSwimming Pool - The natural pool hewn from the rocks is a good spot for monkey and bird watchingGreat walks - Walk to waterfalls and islandBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Kamalapura Palace Hampi (Karnataka) 46 rooms from £280
The newest hotel in the Evolve Back chain, Kamalapura Palace provides a luxurious stay in off-the-beaten-track, Hampi. This 46-room newly built palace channels the days of the 14th-century Vijayanagara Empire. Luxurious suites include private jacuzzi baths. The perfect base to explore Hampi's ruins.Total relaxation - With its luxury accommodation and spoiling spa, Kamalapura Palace is perfect for a relaxing break.Romantic Break - A totally spoiling way to experience magical HampiPrivate Hot Tub - All suites feature a private in-room jacuzzi and the villas have private poolsTraditional - The property has been designed to be an image of a 14th century palace