Search the best hotels in Dornoch
Dornoch has all you need for a wonderful highland break: long sandy beaches, historic castles, scenic golf courses and jaw-droppingly stunning countryside. Head off on romantic walks along the rugged coastline at sunset and bask in the serenity of it all. If you're into Scottish beauty, you can't go far wrong staying here. The best places to stay in Dornoch are great bases both for exploring the best that the surrounding area has got to offer or for the golfers, who are here to sample one of the finest courses in the country.
What not to miss
- The 13th century Dornoch Cathedral is a must-see, with its glorious interior and lovely stained glass windows
- Learn more about Dornoch's history by heading off on a walk through the town, led by a Historylinks Museum tour guide
- Go whisky-tasting at the award-winning Carnegie Whisky Cellars
- Explore the area by canoe with Go WIld Highlands - the ideal way to spend a family day out!
- Or, play a round at the superb Royal Dornoch Golf Club: one of Scotland's finest championship courses
The Best Places to Stay in Dornoch
For the golf
- The Links House is the perfect option. Set right on the Royal Dornoch's course, it's ideal for serious golfers - though with its smart rooms and distinctly Scottish feel, the appeal stretches beyond just its location.
For a B&B
- 2 Quail is a quaint house in the heart of the town featuring three bedrooms with retro styled interiors. Devour a superb traditional Scottish breakfast before a day exploring the stunning surrounding area.
- The nearest airport is Inverness, some 50 miles south of Dornoch.
- The best time to visit is during the warmer summer months, when average highs are around 19 degrees celcius. However, the weather can also be very pleasant in spring and early autumn.
- If you plan to hire a car, which we strongly advise if you wish to explore the area fully, we recommend you check out the selection with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Dornoch.
- Expand your search to include all our Sutherland properties,
- Or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Dornoch
Best Hotels in Dornoch
2 Quail Dornoch 3 rooms from £80Local exploring - Boasting a central location and with easy access to the town's sights and surrounding countryside.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Dunrobin Castle, part of which dates from the 14th century.Great walks - Enjoy blustery walks along the picturesque beach.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcomeRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
A quaint town house in the heart of historic Donorch. Charming rooms are traditional in style with antique furniture and chintz fabrics. A cosy lounge complete with tartan carpets and open fireplace is the perfect spot to sip on a local whisky. A delightful stay. See More
Links House Dornoch 8 rooms from £455Active Holiday - With golf on the doorstep, walking, shooting and fishing close by, it's the perfect spot for a weekend of country sports.Country Escape - After a long day outdoors, head in to the roaring fires and cosy sofas of the library and sitting room.Fishing - Great salmon fishing in the surrounding areas such as on the river Carron and Helmsdale.Great walks - Beautiful walking in the surrounding Highland countryside.
Delightful luxury hotel set on one of Scotland's most picturesque links golf courses. Its rooms have a distinctly Scottish feel with tweed headboards and tartan patterned quilts. The fine dining restaurant serves an ever changing menu of locally sourced delights and an extensive range of wines. See More