Prince Edward Island
Search the best hotels in Prince Edward Island
About Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island has the feel of a place that time forgot. Covered with lush green meadows and woods, pretty fishing villages and farmhouses, rich terracotta-coloured soil and wonderful sandy beaches. The best places to stay in Prince Edward Island are gathered both around the main town, Charlottetown, and in the smaller villages and hamlets. As charming as the island itself, the hotels tend to be elegant, traditional, affairs. Perfect for cosying up after a day spent outdoors.
The island is famed for inspiring the book ‘Anne of Green Gables’. Travellers coming to the island in search of a whiff of nostalgia won’t be disappointed, as the pastoral landscapes described stand true today. A particularly scenic part of the island is the Prince Edward Island National Park. Here the dunes, wetlands and forests brim with amazing flora and fauna, and there are also some incredible coastal ecosystems.
As a fairly self-sufficient island, it is fast becoming a foodie destination, particularly known for its shellfish, lobsters and oysters. During the summer months this is an unsurprisingly popular destination with Canadians, so to ensure a room at one of the best places to stay on Prince Edward Island we recommend booking well in advance.
The best places to stay on Prince Edward Island
- The Hillhurst Inn is a luxurious hotel in a great downtown Charlottetown location. The rooms are large with antique furnishings. Breakfasts are taken in a wood-panelled dining room and there’s an equally impressive library.
For a B&B
- The Great George is a B&B also in historic downtown Charlottetown, but this is a larger property, with 54 spacious, elegant rooms, plus a lounge. The breakfasts are continental and you’re surrounded by lush gardens.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a range of properties ideal for enjoying the relaxing nature of the island.
- Fly to Charlottetown Airport located 5.9km (3.6 miles) from Charlottetown with a selection of flights across Canada along with seasonal flights further afield.
- Alternatively, Charlottetown is a popular destination on numerous cruise ship routes making sea travel an option.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the island, for prices and booking, click here to visit our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months of July and August.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Prince Edward Island
Hillhurst Inn Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island) 9 rooms from $138Sights nearby - Victoria Park has been guarding the city since 1805 with its canons and fortifications.Great walks - Along the beaches or through historical Charlottetown.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel
Downtown location makes this luxurious B&B the perfect spot for local adventures. Large rooms are classic in style with antique furnishings, in keeping with the rest of the house. Breakfast in the wood panelled dining room, before a day of relaxing in the library or seeing the sights. See More
The Great George Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island) 54 rooms from $143Romantic Break - The style and elegance of this island B&B make it a lovers paradise- with plush rooms and lush gardens.Foodies - Indulge at the nearby Sims Corner Steakhouse & Oyster Bar for a customised taster menu.Sights nearby - You must not miss out on Historical Province House, just down the road.Great walks - Waterfront offers many city walks and shops to browse.
Residential B&B prime downtown location for island exploring. Comfort is paramount, with spacious rooms and lounging area. Continental breakfast is served daily, and the kick start you need for your day of business or leisure. A great find in the historical district of town. See More