Search the best hotels in Tobia
A small sleepy town 74km from Bogota, Tobia is quickly making a name for itself as a Mecca for adventure sports. In a green wooded valley flanked by steep mountains, it has the second highest zip-line in South America and plenty in the way of adrenaline-pumping entertainment, from kayaking and white-water-rafting to absailing and canopying. The Rio Negro river runs by the village, a place filled with lovely restaurants, bars and friendly unassuming locals. A place where tranquility and euphoria stand side-by-side, our collection of the best places to stay in Tobia will make your stay all the more enjoyable.
The lesser-known sister of the popular adventure sports town, San Gil, Tobia has it all. Despite being close to Bogota, most locals haven't even heard of this laid-back tropical paradise deep in the mountainous rainforest, making it all the more lovely for a stay. A peaceful village where it seems that there are more dogs than humans, walking down the streets you regularly see locals sipping beer outside their homes, watching the world move slowly by.
Nearby are ranches, many of which run adventure sports activities like paintballing and horse riding, while the village itself caters to white water rafting, rappeling, kayaking, mountain biking and absailing.
But if extreme sports are not your cup of tea, there is still plenty to feast your eyes on. The village is nestled in a beautiful natural setting and the banks of the Rio Negro are wonderful to walk down to spot tropical plants and rare birds. The mountains themselves are great for long hikes and the restaurants and bars in the village have a friendly and laid-back atmosphere to them.
What Not to miss
- Take a ride on the second-highest zip-line in South America where the views are truly sublime. The line runs from one mountain to another, high above the Rio Negro. Not for the faint-of-heart.
- Try your hand at some of the extreme sports on offer, whether its abseiling, mountain biking, rafting, rappeling, kayaking or canopying - Tobia has got it covered. The natural scenery is beautiful and unspoilt and worth seeing from every angle!
- Take a walk along the Rio Negro, a tributary of the Amazon River. All the while you can see rare tropical plants and colourful species of birds. An unforgettable and tranquil experience. Dip your toes in the waters too - ideal after a long day of sweat-inducing extreme sports!
Our pick of the best places to stay in Tobia are comfortable properties ideal for relaxing after a long day of extreme sports.
The best places to stay in Tobia
For a stunning location
For location, you couldn’t do better. Casa De La Estacion is a simply decorated and very comfortable guesthouse sitting beside the river in Rio Negro Canyon forest. After a long day's adventuring, unwind in the swimming pool, restaurant or private cinema.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- Due to being on a low elevation, there is a warm climate. The weather is fairly consistent all year round, but its best to avoid the rainy season that runs between April and July.
- Fly to Bogota, which lies 74km away from Tobia. At the airport you can get a bus that goes directly to Tobia.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend you contact our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure what to book?
- Expand your search to include all our options in Anapoima.
- Browse through our options of the best places to stay in Colombia.
- Or contact one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Tobia
Best Hotels in Tobia
Casa de la Estacion Tobia (Quebradanegra) 6 rooms from $120Back to Nature - Situated in Rio Negro Canyon's mountains surrounded by forest and river, the hotel enjoys a superb locationGreat walks - Go for a hike around the mountains to work up a sweat and bask in the gorgeous viewsHideaway - True ecapism in this little slice of paradiseRestaurant - Latin American cuisine.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
This guest house enjoys a stunning riverside location in Rio Negro Canyon forest. Rooms are simply decorated whilst enjoying a chic & spacious feel. With a restaurant and private cinema on offer, you'll be hard pressed to fit in a languid pool swim and local exploring. As for the view, breathtaking! See More