Search the best hotels in Naxxar
If you’re looking for a quieter base you might consider Naxxar, which is a stately, old town on the main island’s northern coastline. It’s charmingly off the main tourist trails, and rather residential, but has a really impressive ancient heart, with a large square and an impressive church. The best places to stay in Naxxar are all boutique, intimate guesthouses.
Things not to miss:
- Built in the 17th century, the town is set around the Naxxar parish church.
- The nearby coastline has a host of lovely beaches that are great for relaxing as well as snorkelling.
- Because of its strategic importance, Naxxar has a number of historic fortifications that are worth visiting such as Gauci Tower and Captain's Tower.
- Throughout the town, there are numerous historic palaces such as Palazzo Parisio and Palazzo Nasciaro.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Naxxar are fairly well spread throughout the town and tend to be small, family-run affairs.
The best places to stay in Naxxar
For a traditional homestay
- If you're looking for authentic Maltese culture, then Selmunett is the place for you. With amazingly welcoming hosts, the homestay features two charming rooms and a lovely garden.
For a historic stay
- Knights in Malta is a charming guesthouse in Naxxar. The traditional rooms are steeped in history with antique furnishings, beautiful artwork and ornate beds. Guests can relax on the terrace or in the hotel's jacuzzi. A great value option.
For a charming boutique
- Mixing traditional Maltese style with a chic aesthetic, Chapel 5 Suites is a delightful guesthouse. Tucked away in a quiet corner of Naxxar, the hotel features elegant rooms, a pristine plunge pool and yoga lessons. Perfect for a romantic break.
For a central location
- A charming rustic property, Loggia Mariposa is set in the heart of the town. Limestone walls, tasteful art and an on-site owner make for a relaxing stay, without the crowds, at this idyllic townhouse.
For a private apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Naxxar is Malta International (7 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Malta is either from April to June or September to November when the weather is temperate and the crowds are less.
Still not sure?
- Have another look at the best places to stay in Naxxar.
- Widen the search to the best places to stay in Valletta.
- Alternatively contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Naxxar
Best Hotels in Naxxar
Knights in Malta Naxxar 5 rooms from $78Sights nearby - Valletta, the capital city, is 5.6 miles from the propertyRomantic - An intimate hotel with a lovely terraceTraditional - Historic touchesSpa
Mediterranean elegance and calm in a historic property at a small price. Private courtyard, delightful sun terrace, hot tub and rustic rooms that exude traditional elegance - wood-beamed ceilings and antique furniture. A relaxing escape, off the beaten track but great for exploring local history. See More
Loggia Mariposa Naxxar 8 rooms from $100Hideaway - Perfect retreat in the quaint village of Naxaar, removed from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist areas.Sights nearby - Visit the medieval island of Gozo, steeped in history with a rugged coastline offering spectacular diving.Local markets - Mosta open-air market runs every Monday from 6.30am to 1.00pm, specialising in jewellery and clothes.Great walks - Walk along the Dingli Cliffs and enjoy breathtaking views to the south and the island of Filfla.
Selmunett Naxxar (San Pawl Tat Targa) 2 rooms from $117Sights nearby - Near the lovely town of Naxxar (walking distance to a beautiful baroque church)Sailing - Can be booked nearby.TennisOn the beach - In front of the hotel.
Chapel 5 Suites Naxxar 10 rooms from $122Local exploring - Great location in Malta, close by to Mdina, Rabat, the beaches on the northwest coast and VallettaBeach nearby - Located close by to the beaches of Melieha and Armier and several other islands as wellValue chic - Its good value for money for its superb location, great hosts and the inclusionsLocal markets - Take a short walk around Naxxar for all its charming old architecture and marketsRecommended by - I Escape
A chic B&B located in a quiet area of Naxxar, rooms feature exposed brick walls, creative artworks and local and Indonesian style furniture. The lovely owners organise a delicious breakfast that can be enjoyed on the rooftop with great views. Wifi, a massage and yoga lessons are complimentary. See More