- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Naxxar
Since the Order of St. John arrived in the 16th century, religion has dominated the political and cultural landscape in Malta. As a result, the island has the highest concentration of churches in the world and Naxxar has long been renowned for its beautiful parish church. A sprawlingly beautiful town in Northern Malta, Naxxar is a charming place full of forts, palaces and chapels. The best places to stay in Naxxar are all boutique, intimate guesthouses.
Things not to miss:
- Built in the 17th century, the town is built around the Naxxar parish church.
- The nearby coastline has a host of lovely beaches that are great for relaxing as well as snorkelling.
- Because of its strategic importance, Naxxar has a number of historic fortifications that are worth visiting such as Gauci Tower and Captain's Tower.
- Throughout the town, there are a number of historic palaces such as Palazzo Parisio and Palazzo Nasciaro.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Naxxar are fairly well spread throughout the town and tend to be small, family-run affairs.
The best places to stay in Naxxar
For a traditional homestay
- If you're looking for authentic Maltese culture, then Selmunett is the place for you. With amazingly welcoming hosts, the homestay features two charming rooms and a lovely garden.
For a historic stay
- Knights in Malta is a charming guesthouse in Naxxar. The traditional rooms are steeped in history with antique furnishings, beautiful artwork and ornate beds. Guests can relax on the terrace or in the hotel's jacuzzi. A great value option.
For a charming boutique
- Mixing traditional Maltese style with a chic aesthetic, Chapel 5 Suites is a delightful guesthouse. Tucked away in a quiet corner of Naxxar, the hotel features elegant rooms, a pristine plunge pool and yoga lessons. Perfect for a romantic break.
For a private apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Naxxar is Malta International (7 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Malta is either from April to June or September to November.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Naxxar
Knights in Malta 5 rooms from £61Naxxar
Mediterranean elegance and calm in a historic property at a small price. Private courtyard, delightful sun terrace, jacuzzi and rustic rooms that exude traditional elegance - wood-beamed ceilings and antique furniture. A relaxing escape, off the beaten track but great for exploring local history.Sights nearby - Valletta, the capital city, is 5.6 miles from the propertyRomantic - An intimate hotel with a lovely terraceTraditional - Historic touchesSpa
Loggia Mariposa 8 rooms from £79Naxxar
This rustic gem is ideal for walkers visiting the traditional Maltese town of Naxxar and looking for a base in the central region. Limestone walls, tasteful art and an on-site owner make for a relaxing stay without the crowds at this idyllic townhouse.Hideaway - Perfect retreat in the quaint village of Naxaar, removed from the hustle and bustle of the main tourist areas.Sights nearby - Visit the medieval island of Gozo, steeped in history with a rugged coastline offering spectacular diving.Local markets - Mosta open-air market runs every Monday from 6.30am to 1.00pm, specialising in jewellery and clothes.Great walks - Walk along the Dingli Cliffs and enjoy breathtaking views to the south and the island of Filfla.
Selmunett 2 rooms from £92Naxxar (San Pawl Tat Targa)
A relaxing and authentic way to experience Malta with truly welcoming hosts at this charming Homestay. Just two rooms with lots of natural light, barbecued breakfasts on the terrace, and delightful herb garden. A warm and friendly spot.Sights nearby - Near the lovely town of Naxxar (walking distance to a beautiful baroque church)Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Surfing - Suitable beaches nearby.On the beach - In front of the hotel.
Chapel 5 Suites 5 rooms from £96Naxxar
A chic B&B located in a quiet area of Naxxar, rooms feature exposed brick walls, creative artworks and local and Indonesian style furniture. The lovely owners organise a delicious breakfast that can be enjoyed on the rooftop with great views. Wifi, a massage and yoga lessons are complimentary.Local exploring - Great location in Malta, close by to Mdina, Rabat, the beaches on the northwest coast and VallettaBeach nearby - Located close by to the beaches of Melieha and Armier and several other islands as wellValue chic - Its good value for money for its superb location, great hosts and the inclusionsLocal markets - Take a short walk around Naxxar for all its charming old architecture and marketsRecommended by - I Escape