Search the best hotels in Boracay
Famed for its sugary-white sands and tranquil seas, Boracay is a tropical island paradise perfect for a beach escape. Set at the tip of the Philippines’ Aklan Province, Boracay has emerged as one of the world’s top island destinations in recent years, much lauded by the likes of Condé Nast Traveller and Travel + Leisure magazine. Although just four square miles in size, Boracay boasts a huge range of accommodation options, including simple guesthouses and stunning luxury resorts. All the best places to stay in Boracay are right on the beach, well-placed for sinking your toes into the sand and paddling in the crystal clear coastal waters.
Filled with lush foliage, Boracay is a haven of verdant gardens and swaying palm trees fringing shallow coves. Try your hand at sailing, water-skiing, windsurfing or kitesurfing, admiring the island from out on the water. The lagoon at Bulabog Beach is ideal for beginners learning to kite or windsurf, whilst more experienced adventurers can head out to the reef to hone their skills on larger waves. On the island’s west coast sits White Beach, a pristine stretch of coastline favoured by families or relaxed couples, with lots of scope for little ones to build sandcastles and frolic in the sea. Many of Boracay’s hotels are set along White Beach, and there are a whole host of lively bars and eateries to sample. Stay here if you’re looking for a buzzing evening vibe, with live music venues and trendy cocktail spots.
Beyond the island’s two most well-known beaches are many charming coves and quieter hideouts — including Puka Shell Beach, in the north. There is a whole world for divers and snorkellers to discover on the reef which surrounds the island, and plenty of opportunities to learn at well-equipped dive centres. Thrill-seekers will love cliff-diving, whilst golfers can enjoy a tropical round or two at an eighteen-hole course towards the north of Boracay. Take a boat trip with the kids, treat yourself to a revitalising massage at the spa, and kick back with a cocktail as you savour fantastic fresh seafood.
Whether you’re dreaming of a tranquil honeymoon or a fun-filled family getaway, Boracay promises sun, sea and spectacular sands, as well as excellent hospitality. The best places to stay in Boracay are chic and indulgent, offering a soothing respite from the bustle of the world beyond. Relax and unwind in paradise.
The Best Places to Stay in Boracay
- Discovery Shores is a luxurious beachfront resort with stylish one and two-bedroom suites just steps from the pristine sands of White Beach. Hit the swimming pool, the gym or the games room, before trying your hand at sailing or diving. Unwind at the spa and savour dinner at The Sands -- one of the best restaurants on the island. An award-winning family choice, with stacks for everyone to do!
- Shangri-La Boracay promises a beautiful fusion of traditional bamboo features and contemporary chic, with all the luxury that the Shangri-La group is known for. Admire spectacular sea views from your room, nestled amongst verdant tropical gardens on the island's northern coast. The fabulous Chi spa is a real highlight, as is the quiet cove ideal for swimming and soaking up the sunshine. A tropical paradise for honeymooners or families, who can book a private villa with a pool.
For a lively stay
- Coast is a fun contemporary hotel with a lively ambience in a great seaside spot. Rooms are smart and well-appointed, there's a central pool as well as easy beach access and delicious dishes to savour at the innovative Raintree Restaurant. Sip sundowners at the buzzing Cha Cha Beach Café before ambling to nearby bars for more drinks and dancing!
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- There are regular international flights to Boracay (MPH) and the ferry ride from Caticlan (where the airport is located) to the island takes just a few minutes. Most hotels will be happy to arrange an airport pickup, or you can hop into a taxi.
- Alternatively, contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Boracay is a gorgeous year-round destination, with temperatures averaging between 29 and 33°C. July to September are the rainiest months, but you can still expect plenty of sunshine in between the showers!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Palawan.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in the Philippines.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Boracay
Best Hotels in Boracay
Coast Boracay 71 rooms from $172Beach Life - Set on the seafront on the paradise-like island of Boracay, this hotel is perfect for a relaxing beach breakFoodies - Foodies love the hotel's Raintree Restaurant, serving innovative takes on regional cuisineFamilies - Book the Blue Marina bungalow for self-contained living space, great for a family stayRomantic - Good for couples.
This stylish resort offers boutique accommodation on Boracay Island in the Philippines. Custom interiors blend contemporary design with Filipino craftsmanship, featuring handmade pieces by Mindanao weavers; book the Blue Marina bungalow for a family stay. Cool off in the pool; a chic island getaway. See More
Discovery Shores Boracay 99 rooms from $270Romantic Break - Couples love the stylish suites at this luxury resort; head to the Roof Lounge for romantic sunset cocktailsFamilies - This hotel has been rated as the best in Asia for families; book a family suite and find out whyBeach Life - Set on a pristine, white sand beach in Boracay, this hotel makes an exclusive seaside getawayRomantic - Good for couples.
This award-winning resort boasts a privileged position on Boracay's White Beach. Stylish suites nod to luxury lifestyle, with textured walls, bespoke furniture and a private plunge pool; book the grand suite for a balcony with unspoiled ocean views. Head to the Roof Lounge for cocktails; a VIP stay. See More
Shangri-La Boracay Boracay 219 rooms from $414Spa breaks - The hotel spa Chi draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, a place of personal peace and well-beingRomantic Break - Couples love the high-end finish at this luxury beach resort; book a couples' massage at Chi, the spaBeach Life - Set on a beautiful sheltered bay on the Boracay coast, this hotel makes for a peaceful beach getawaySailing - Try your hand at Catamaran sailing, with instructors available at the hotel's watersports centre
Indulge in tropical island luxury at this resort, nestled on Boracay’s pristine northern coastline. The beautifully appointed guestrooms blend contemporary design with native Filipino bamboo accents; book a suite for a seafront terrace and hot tub. Rejuvenate at Chi, the spa; a stylish beach break. See More