Search the best hotels in Leukerbad
Leukerbad is where you go to recharge your batteries, and it was where the Romans were known to have sought respite. Lying in a protected valley, this picturesque mountain spa resort town is the ideal place to go to ski in the winter, hike in the summer and bathe in the rejuvenating bubbles of the hot springs. Our collection of the best places to stay in Leukerbad offer something for everyone from rustic chic to famil-friendly stays.
Every day, 3.9 million litres of hot water gush from the town's 65 thermal springs. Boasting over 300 wellness applications to choose from, it redefines the meaning of relaxation. In antiquity, the Romans were the first to discover the healing properties of the hot springs. Leukerbad is a popular resort, not only for the healing powers of its waters, but because it lies in a beautiful valley that, when summer steadily seeps in, comes alive with wildflower and lush green meadows. When the ski season comes soaring into view, the snowcapped Alpine peaks are enchanting to behold.
Alpine skiing is popular here, especially on the Torrent, and the town boasts over 50km of ski pistes and 30km of cross country trails. If skiing isn't your cup-of-tea, then be sure to check out the enormous sports arena, a complex of indoor ice rinks, climbing walls, tennis courts and squash courts and a state-of-the-art gym. During the summertime, the looming mountains, green but crowned white with snow, become ideal for hiking expeditions. If you're a keen climber, attempt to scale the Dabenhorn or for a gentler trek, walk the thermal canyon walk that leads to a waterfall. For an afternoon excursion, consider heading towards Pfyn Forest - the largest pine forest in Switzerland - replete with lovely meadows teeming with wildlife and blooming flowers.
What not to miss
- Attempt to climb the Dabenhorn.
- Enjoy skiing on the 50km ski pistes.
- Go cross-country at the Gemmi Pass.
- Head to the sports arena for a day of ice-skating and wall climbing.
- Check out the nearby historic town of Leuk.
- Bathe in the countless thermal baths in town and give yourself the recuperation you deserve.
Leukerbad is beautiful for a number of reasons: the healing powers of her waters are enchanting and the jawdropping landscape around you is celestial. Browse through our collection of the best places to stay in Leukerbad to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Leukerbad
- Parkhotel Quellenhof: a smart and contemporary hotel offering cool scandi-style and spacious rooms boasting gorgeous views. There's also a gourmet restaurant serving sumptuous regional fare. Ideal for large families!
- Les Sources des Alpes: a magical hotel in a beautiful location, offering Alpine-style luxurious rooms, a pampering and world-class spa, several renowned restaurants and the plushest rooms imaginable. Supreme 5* property. Divine.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of chalets and apartments in the nearby area.
- The nearest major airport is Geneva, which is roughly 204km away, and trains run from Geneva to Leuk, from where you can get a bus to Leukerbad. However, in the last few years, flights from Heathrow to nearby Sion Airport are running, and Sion is only 50km away.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
- Whether you go in the winter or summer, you will always have access to the hot springs. In the summer, the temperature can reach highs of 20 degrees, while in the winter, it can get to -5 degrees.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all our properties in Crans Montana.
- Browse through the best places to stay in Switzerland.
- Or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Leukerbad
Best Hotels in Leukerbad
Parkhotel Quellenhof Leukerbad (Luekerbad) 36 rooms from $209Skiing - Just steps from the Torrentbahn cable car and with slopes suitable for all abilities.Families - Family suites, a host of activities and you can even bring the dog alongActive Holiday - An array of alpine activities in the area to keep all entertained.Great walks - Walk to the Dala gorge through the stunning thermal canyon walk path.
A contemporary alpine hotel well located close to the Torrentbahn cable car. White washed rooms with light wooden furniture create a clean Scandi feel. Gourmet regional cuisine served is in elegant surrounds. Family rooms and the abundance of activities makes this an ideal choice for all ages. See More
Les Sources des Alpes Leukerbad 30 rooms from $477Active Holiday - A great spot for an active holiday, with skiing, mountaineering and mountain biking all available in season.Great walks - Beautiful walking routes in the area surrounding Leukerbad.OpulentSpaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Luxurious alpine hotel in the Leukerbad. With an extensive spa and plush rooms, this hotel is perfect for relaxing after a day on the slopes. In the evening enjoy a delicious meal on the terrace from La Malvoisie, a 15 Gault Millau point restaurant. Supreme five star quality. See More