- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Book Now
10 Best Romantic Ski hotels
The mountains are full of romance, offering inspiring vistas and the opportunity to cosy up together in front of a log fire. And our Guru’s list of the best romantic ski hotels will help create the perfect backdrop, with luxurious spas, gourmet, candlelit suppers, and spectacular rooms with enchanting views.
Best Romantic Ski Hotels for Luxury Lovers
- If your idea of the best romantic ski hotel involves sheer extravagance book into Le Strato in Courchevel 1850. It’s got spectacular interiors, a ski in ski out location, private balconies and a super spa!
- Another of our Guru’s best romantic ski hotels for luxury lovers is the Riffelalp resort above Zermatt. Europe's highest five star hotel, the Riffelalp is only accessible only by rail or mountain path but boasts breathtaking views of the iconic Matterhorn.
- Also in Switzerland, Verbier's only five star hotel is also on our list of the best romantic ski hotels. Located in the quieter part of town the Chalet d'Adrien has stunning views of the Grand Massif. Book either the Tormantine or Benoîte des Alpes suite and you'll have your very own private log fire to cosy up beside.
Best Romantic Ski Hotels for Food Lovers
- If you and your paramour are looking for the best romantic ski hotel with a gourmet menu, look no further than La Bouitte in St Martin de Belleville. This traditional farmhouse has a Michelin star, quaint wood panelled rooms and a great spa.
- The Hameau Albert Premier in Chamonix is another foodie paradise; Michelin starred cuisine accompanies stylish accommodation close to the centre of town.
- The Alpaga in Megéve is a beautifully presented ‘modern rustic’ style hotel - think sanded wood, cashmere rugs, plaids and fake furs - with a fabulous spa, cosy bar and private chef service if you're staying in one of their chalets.
Best Romantic Ski Hotels in Austria
- For our best romantic ski hotels in Austria, try the Kristiania in Lech, where understated luxury has been described as "Heidi meets Calvin Klein”. Its USP are its ski valets and bath butlers.
- Just down the road in Zurs you'll find the pampering Thurners Alpenhof. There is an in-house ski/snowboard instructor, gourmet food and the service is excellent and imaginative.
Best Romantic Ski Hotels in Les Trois Vallées
- L'Helios in Méribel is one of the newer additions to the Trois Vallées huge range of accommodation. Ideally located on the piste, it offers roaring log fires, a south facing terrace with great views over the valley, a private cinema and a luxury spa. Plus a Michelin and Gault & Millau recommended restaurant.
Best Romantic Ski Hotels for Lovers of Great Value
- If you j’adore Zermatt, but the Riffelalp is out of your price range, book into the Julen, one of the best value of our best romantic ski hotels. It’s been in same family since 1937 and is traditionally decorated with contemporary twists; wooden chalet style walls compete with zebra print rugs, cushions and red upholstery. Reserve the luxury suite and you'll get fabulous Matterhorn views too.
If you haven’t found the perfect best budget ski hotel here, then check out our Guru’s list of the Best Budget Ski Hotels.
If our top ten list of the best romantic ski hotels hasn’t stolen your heart then expand your search:
- search by your chosen romantic ski destination,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Le Strato 25 rooms from $890Courchevel
Courchevel’s latest cutting-edge five-star hotel right on the piste. Spectacular traditional-chic interiors - furs, parquet floors, paintings, designer fire places, and wonderful private balconies. Gourmet delights in the fantastic restaurant and bare foot luxury at the spa.Active HolidaySkiingSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolSpa
Riffelalp Resort 72 rooms from $388Zermatt
Accessible only by mountain rail or path, the Riffelalp is Europe's highest five star resort. Traditionally styled rooms feature pine clad walls and large glass windows. Expect a unique and breathtaking panorama facing the Matterhorn, plus three restaurants, spa and luxury as standard.Spa breaks - Pamper and indulge in the on site spa with schonbiel cave, Finish sauna, massages and Chriiter-Grotta.Active Holiday - Endless adrenelin fuelled activities in the surrounding area plus many inhouse activities.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Fodors, Frommers
La Bouitte 10 rooms from $339St Martin de Belleville
Romantic farmhouse in tiny hamlet with cosy rooms and gourmet Michelin-starred restaurant. Phenomenal food, quaint rustic wooden panelled rooms, and a wonderful spa. A charming gourmet treat.Restaurant - Michelin starred diningSkiingCooking classes - Check for timings.Views - Great views from hotel
Le Hameau Albert 1er 33 rooms from $257Chamonix
The ultimate hotel for mountain mad foodies! Two Michelin starred dining, along with both contemporary and classic style accommodation in the centre of Chamonix. In addition top notch spa facilities to ease those aching muscles after a day on the slopes.SkiingSpa - Offering full range of massages and body treatments.Swimming Pool - Indoor/Outdoor pool facing Mont BlancViews - Superb views of Mont BlancRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, I Escape
Kristiania Lech 29 rooms from $486Lech
Understated luxury in a "Heidi meets Calvin Klein" sort of way. Great location in the heart of Lech, just minutes from the slopes. Extra touches include ski valets and bath butlers. Excellent Austrian cuisine accompanied by a vast wine cellar.Skiing - Just five minutes from the slopes of LechViews - Wonderful views over Lech and the AlpsRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Thurnhers Alpenhof 14 rooms from $560Zurs
Exclusive family owned mountain hotel where pampering is paramount, from the in-house ski & snowboard instructor to the spa whose staff will devise a personal programme for your stay. On top of this enjoy afternoon tea taken in the lounge and gourmet 5 or 8 course dinners every night.Skiing - Ski back directly to the hotel door! In-house ski/snowboard instructor.Views - Stunning views of the surrounding mountains.Spa - With panoramic roof terraceSwimming Pool - Indoor heated poolRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
Hotel L’Helios 18 rooms from $440Méribel
Classic, new boutique hotel in prime position on the piste in the heart of the resort. Sumptuous rooms with log fires, cinema, luxury spa, and chic terrace. Revitalisation and relaxation in a super stylish chalet.Active HolidaySkiingSwimming Pool - Lovely Indoor PoolSpa
Alpaga 22 rooms from $366Megève
Beautifully presented 22 bedroom hotel in "modern rustic" style: an effective blend of wood with contemporary stylish materials. Restaurant serving "bistronomic" cuisine and great spa facilities.SkiingSwimming Pool - State of the art Indoor PoolSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, I Escape
Julen 32 rooms from $224Zermatt (Switzerland)
Romantic family-run hotel full of personality. Large wooden-clad rooms and suites with romantic decorations and splashes of bright colour. Sheepskins, flowers, and antlers adorn the public rooms. Lovely restaurant and bar, and a three-storey spa, pool and gym. A cosy Alpine base.Total relaxation - Unwind in style off piste with three story spa, sauna and steam baths, followed by cocktails and fine wines.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolViews - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Frommers
Le Chalet d’Adrien 29 rooms from $468Verbier
Panoramic views from this charming and peacefully positioned luxury hotel by Savoleyres - Verbier's only five star! Individually decorated rooms most featuring south facing balconies. Spend evenings relaxing in the spa or dining on exceptional cuisine. A luxurious mountain escape.Families - A charming resort on the edge of the village boasting excellent services, cuisine, views and good old-fashioned Verbier style.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.SpaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Tablet