Search the best hotels in Mendoza
To the east of the Andes, the city of Mendoza is the bustling heart of Argentina's wine region and one of the nine Great Wine Capitals of the World. Visitors will find an incredibly charming city centred around the main Plaza Independencia, with plenty of smaller plazas surrounding it, and unique stone canals which run alongside many of the roads supplying water to the numerous trees dotted about. Our pick of the best places to stay are centrally located, ideal bases for exploring the city on foot.
Stroll around the wide, leafy streets getting to know your surroundings before heading off on tours of the nearby wineries. Alternatively, hike up the nearby Cello de la Gloria, or Hill of Glory, to see its fourteen-ton monument commemorating the Army of the Andes for liberating Argentina, Chile, and Peru.
What not to miss
- Head off on an afternoon stroll around the large General San Martín Park which features a picturesque lake and a rose garden.
- Culture-vultures should definitely visit the Museo del Área Fundacional if they want to learn all about Mendoza's history.
- Hire a bike and head down the Caminos del Vino, stopping off for a tasting session at the numerous wineries along the route.
- The bustling Mercado Central is a must if you want to absorb Mendoza's vibrant culture.
The city is not small - in the last census it was found to be Argentina's fourth-largest metropolitan area - and the proliferation of tourists coming for the wine and olive oil means that the best places to stay in Mendoza get quickly booked up. To avoid disappointment, be sure to book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Mendoza
For the centre of town
- The Park Hyatt Mendoza is a stylish option for a city stay. With spa, casino and all the mod cons you can imagine, this is also one of the best places to stay in Mendoza for business or conference travellers.
For a B&B
- 5-room B&B Plaza Italia features individually-styled, tasteful rooms decorated in rich hues. Located bang in the centre of Mendoza, it's ideal for those wanting to see all that the city has to offer.
For excellent value
- Hotel Huentala is a chic property with classic contemporary rooms, a highly regarded bistro plus a pool, art gallery and wine shop on site. Rooms start from only $110 including breakfast.
For an apartment or holiday home
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Mendoza is nicest weather-wise in the summer months, from November to March, with the average temperature climbing to 26°C in December and January.
- This, however, is peak tourist season, so for a quieter and cheaper alternative consider coming in the shoulder season months.
- If you're visiting from within Argentina or from Santiago then you can fly into the Governor Francisco Gabrielli International Airport, aka El Plumerillo.
- Alternatively, if you're coming from abroad then fly into Buenos Aires's Ministro Pistarini Airport before taking a flight to Mendoza.
- If you'd like to explore the area's beautiful countryside then consider renting a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Mendoza
Huentala Hotel 81 rooms from £84Mendoza (Mza-Ciudad)
This chic hotel is located in Mendoza, Argentina. The bright and spacious rooms offer classic interiors in a golden palette; book a suite for extra living space and a private jacuzzi. All guests can enjoy free access to the sleek on-site spa. Dine at the gourmet hotel bistro; a stylish city hotel.Spa breaks - With free access to hotel spa for all guests, choose this hotel for your next spa breakCity Style - With classic interiors and a central location, this hotel has lots of city styleFamilies - The family suites are perfect for adults travelling with childrenSights nearby - Visit Independencia Square, one of the main squares and a lively hangout in Mendoza featuring street-food vendors and musicians
B&B Plaza Italia 5 rooms from £92Mendoza
An elegant B&B right in the heart of the city. Individually styled rooms feature antique furniture and rich colouring. Grown-up lounges are the ideal spot to unwind with a regional glass of wine and a pretty courtyard provides a chance to soak up some rays. The perfect base for city exploration.Local exploring - Well located with easy access to the cities main attractions- just five minutes from Plaza Independencia.TraditionalRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Hotel Diplomatic 45 rooms from £120Mendoza
This five-star, luxury hotel is located in Mendoza, Argentina. Spacious and elegant guestrooms boast high-quality linens, an ergonomic work chair and city views; book a luxury corner suite for mountain vistas. Check into the health club before afternoon tea at the cosy restaurant; a chic city hotel.Foodies - Foodies will enjoy the hotel restaurant, headed by star chef Claudio Lucero; reserve a table for afternoon teaSpa breaks - With a health club and extensive spa on-site, book this hotel for your next spa breakCity Style - With elegant interiors and an unbeatable location, this hotel has lots of city styleSights nearby - Wander through the centre of Mendoza to Plaza Independencia, a lively square with street vendors and performersRecommended by - Fodors
Park Hyatt Mendoza 186 rooms from £131Mendoza
The Park Hyatt is ideal for any business or leisure traveller with a sensitive palette and penchant for luck. It has extensive meeting rooms and banquet halls, a fantastic selection of restaurants, and a casino - and for when it all gets too much there's a luxurious spa to unwind in.Hotel Entertainment - The hotel has a casino that can keep you occupied into the early hours.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolSpaSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection