- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Mendoza
Located to the east of the Andes, the city of Mendoza is the bustling heart of Argentina's wine region and one of the nine Great Wine Capitals of the World. Visitors will find an incredibly charming city centred around the main Plaza Independencia, with plenty of smaller plazas surrounding it, and unique stone canals which run alongside many of the roads supplying water to the numerous trees dotted about.
Stroll around the wide, leafy streets getting to know your surroundings before heading off on tours of the nearby wineries. Alternatively, hike up the nearby Cello de la Gloria, or Hill of Glory, to see its fourteen-ton monument commemorating the Army of the Andes for liberating Argentina, Chile, and Peru.
The city's not small - in the last census it was found to be Argentina's fourth-largest metropolitan area - and the proliferation of tourists coming for the wine and olive oil means that the best places to stay in Medoza get quickly booked up. To avoid disappointment, be sure to book well ahead.
What not to miss
- Head off on an afternoon stroll around the large General San Martín Park which features a picturesque lake and a rose garden.
- Culture-vultures should definitely visit the Museo del Área Fundacional if they want to learn all about Mendoza's history.
- Hire a bike and head down the Caminos del Vino, stopping off for a tasting session at the numerous wineries along the route.
- The bustling Mercado Central is a must if you want to absorb Mendoza's vibrant culture.
The best places to stay in Mendoza
For the centre of town
- The Park Hyatt Mendoza is a stylish option for a city stay. With spa, casino and all the mod cons you can imagine, this is also one of the best places to stay in Mendoza for business or conference travellers.
- 5-room B&B Plaza Italia features individually-styled, tasteful rooms decorated in rich hues. Located bang smack in the centre of Mendoza, it's ideal for those wanting to see all that the city has to offer.
For the outskirts
- The rural Posada Verde Oliva offers smart accommodation in muted tones with fireplaces, exposed wooden beams and French doors leading outside. Tuck into delicious home-cooked meals and wines which are produced on the property itself.
- With only 4 bedrooms, Club Tapiz is one of the best places to stay in Mendoza if you're looking for local insights. The small size and the owner's own foodie tastes mean that there's plenty of local gourmet delicacies being served. Alongside wonderful wines from the 22 acres of vineyard surrounding the villa.
- The luxurious Posada Borravino boasts a tranquil setting and rustic-chic rooms. Lounge by the courtyard pool by day, before enjoying a splendid meal accompanied by regional wines. With only 8 rooms, it's also an intimate spot.
- For those looking for a spot of pampering with their wine tasting, look no further than Entre Cielos. Here you'll find a luxury vineyard and spa resort that provides sophisticated, contemporary accommodation, gourmet food, and a gorgeous hammam and spa.
- Finca Adalgisa is a lowkey B&B and winery which is ideal for those wanting a rural retreat. The rooms are traditionally Argentine in style, whilst there's also a pool for guests to enjoy.
For an apartment or holiday home
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Mendoza's nicest weather-wise in the summer months, from November to March, with the average temperature climbing to 26°C in December and January.
- This, however, is peak tourist season, so for a quieter and cheaper alternative consider coming in the shoulder season months.
- If you're coming from within Argentina or from Santiago then you can fly into the Governor Francisco Gabrielli International Airport, aka El Plumerillo.
- Alternatively, if you're coming from abroad then fly into Buenos Aires's Ministro Pistarini Airport before taking a flight to Mendoza.
- If you'd like to explore the area's beautiful countryside then consider renting a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Mendoza
B&B Plaza Italia 5 rooms from £92Mendoza
An elegant B&B right in the heart of the city. Individually styled rooms feature antique furniture and rich colouring. Grown-up lounges are the ideal spot to unwind with a regional glass of wine and a pretty courtyard provides a chance to soak up some rays. The perfect base for city exploration.Local exploring - Well located with easy access to the cities main attractions- just five minutes from Plaza Independencia.TraditionalRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Park Hyatt Mendoza 186 rooms from £752Mendoza
The Park Hyatt is ideal for any business or leisure traveller with a sensitive palette and penchant for luck. It has extensive meeting rooms and banquet halls, a fantastic selection of restaurants, and a casino - and for when it all gets too much there's a luxurious spa to unwind in.Hotel Entertainment - The hotel has a casino that can keep you occupied into the early hours.Meeting Room - Meeting rooms and banqueting halls can accommodat up to 340 people.City StyleSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection