Search the best hotels in Mendoza Province
About Mendoza Province
There's more to the Andes than spectacular mountain-pass views. 80% of Argentina's wine is produced in the Mendoza region, which lies at the bone-dry foothills of the Andes. Here the sunny days and cold nights breed rich, potent reds. And if you were only planning to stay for a day or two, be prepared to be captivated and tempted to dwell longer...If Mendoza sounds like the town for you, go straight to our guru's list of the best places to stay in Mendoza. Alternatively, here are some great reasons to visit.
What Not to Miss
- Head off on an afternoon stroll around the large General San Martín Park which features a picturesque lake and a rose garden.
- Culture-vultures should definitely visit the Museo del Área Fundacional if they want to learn all about Mendoza's history.
- Hire a bike and head down the Caminos del Vino, stopping off for a tasting session at the numerous wineries along the route.
- The bustling Mercado Central is a must if you want to absorb Mendoza's vibrant culture.
The best places to stay in Mendoza
For Foodies (and Wine-ies)
Mendoza isn't just about big reds. Higher up the slopes are where the Chardonnay and Semillon grapes flourish, developing the slightly acidic taste the region's whites are known for. There are about 800 wineries in the region, so there's plenty of new flavours to taste. For peak wine and food season visit during the harvest festival, which has spread out from March to include January through April.
- With only 4 bedrooms, Club Tapiz is one of the best places to stay in Mendoza if you're looking for local insights. The small size and the owner's own foodie tastes mean that there's plenty of local gourmet delicacies being served. Alongside wonderful wines from the 22 acres of vineyard surrounding the villa.
- If you prefer to stay somewhere larger, try the Algodon Wine Estate. As well as being on a wine estate, this resort also has a world-class golf course and 10 tennis courts. And locally there's excellent fishing, rafting, and biking. So it's also one of the best places to stay in Mendoza for those who like to exercise off their foodie extravaganzas!
- The rural Posada Verde Oliva offers smart accommodation in muted tones with fireplaces, exposed wooden beams and French doors leading outside. Tuck into delicious home-cooked meals and wines which are produced on the property itself.
- Finca Adalgisa is a lowkey B&B and winery which is ideal for those wanting a rural retreat. The rooms are traditionally Argentine in style, whilst there's also a pool for guests to enjoy.
- The Vines Resort & Spa is a divine stay. Set in the midst of Mendoza's rural surrounds, their contemporary rooms are smartly decorated and feature terraces which enjoy stunning views. Plus, the food is to die for!
Mendoza for Romance
Scenic, beautifully laid out and with every luxury laid on, Mendoza can be as adventurous or relaxing a destination as you choose. High enough in the Andes to provide an adventure sports playground, there are many local operators who'll arrange skiing, rafting, kayaking, trekking or paragliding. Or you can just sit around and enjoy the scenery with your glass of Malbec.
- Going one further the Cavas Wine Lodge is one of the best places to stay in Mendoza for weddings. A boutique vineyard, their 14-room lodge is an excellent size for small weddings. Their terrace restaurant overlooks the vines and snowcapped mountains, their spa is luxurious and the vibe is peaceful and comfortable.
- The luxurious Posada Borravino boasts a tranquil setting and rustic-chic rooms. Lounge by the courtyard pool by day before enjoying a splendid meal accompanied by regional wines. With only 8 rooms, it's also an intimate spot.
For a spa break
- For those looking for a spot of pampering with their wine tasting, look no further than Entre Cielos. Here you'll find a luxury vineyard and spa resort that provides sophisticated, contemporary accommodation, gourmet food and a gorgeous hammam and spa.
Not all of Mendoza's charms are outside the city. Mendoza itself is bustling with interest along its wide, leafy avenues and historic plazas. This is also a great city to visit for cafe culture and nightlife.
- The Park Hyatt Mendoza is a stylish option for a city stay. With spa, casino and all the mod cons you can imagine, this is also one of the best places to stay in Mendoza for business or conference travellers.
- 5-room B&B Plaza Italia features individually-styled, tasteful rooms decorated in rich hues. Located bang smack in the centre of Mendoza, it's ideal for those wanting to see all that the city has to offer.
For a stylish spot
- Finca La Azul oozes stylish charm, its sleek design featuring a variety of materials - think exposed stonework and plenty of glass. Plus, their cuisine is simply delectable.
- Lodge Atamisque boasts a stunning setting with spectacular views of the nearby mountains. Their lodges are composed entirely of natural materials, and belie their simple exteriors to offer swish yet cosy interiors that are bound to impress. What's more, it's set on its own winery - what more could you ask for?
- Alpasion is of a similar ilk; this plain-looking lodge enjoys a wonderfully rural location with chic contemporary accommodation and large terraces. Tuck into terrific Argentine cuisine as you enjoy the owners' splendid wine recommendations.
- Casa de Ulco boasts splendid views of the surrounding area: from the mountains to the sprawling vineyards. Its interiors are sleek and stylish, which is matched by their top-notch menu.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Mendoza's nicest weather-wise in the summer months, from November to March, with the average temperature climbing to 26°C in December and January.
- This, however, is peak tourist season, so for a quieter and cheaper alternative consider coming in the shoulder season months.
- If you're coming from within Argentina or from Santiago then you can fly into the Governor Francisco Gabrielli International Airport, aka El Plumerillo.
- Alternatively, if you're coming from abroad then fly into Buenos Aires's Ministro Pistarini Airport before taking a flight to Mendoza.
- If you'd like to explore the area's beautiful countryside then consider renting a car with Rentalcars.
Not made your mind up yet?
Best Hotels in Mendoza Province
B&B Plaza Italia 5 rooms from £92Mendoza
An elegant B&B right in the heart of the city. Individually styled rooms feature antique furniture and rich colouring. Grown-up lounges are the ideal spot to unwind with a regional glass of wine and a pretty courtyard provides a chance to soak up some rays. The perfect base for city exploration.Local exploring - Well located with easy access to the cities main attractions- just five minutes from Plaza Independencia.TraditionalRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Posada Borravino 8 rooms from £100Mendoza, Mendoza Province
A small luxury hotel set in lovely tranquil surrounds. Interiors mix traditional design with contemporary style. Rooms feature soft hues, exposed beams and light wooden furniture. A courtyard pool is the perfect spot to unwind. Sample regional wines and dine on traditional dishes.Total relaxation - A little haven ideal for escaping the hustle and bustle of city life. Relax by the pool, sample local wines and take long walks.Sights nearby - Visit the Ruinas de San Francisco, remains of the ancient city of Mendoza.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Posada Verde Oliva 5 rooms from £107Mendoza, Mendoza Province
A charming rural property set on a working vineyard and olive farm. Traditional interiors feature fireplaces, exposed beams and french doors leading onto a large black and white tiled terrace. Enjoy home-cooked meals and wines produced on the property. Sit back and relax in absolute tranquility.Country Escape - Sitting pretty amidst olive groves and vineyards find an authentic Argentine experience in the heart of Mendoza wine countryWine tasting - Sample the hotel's own wines or head out on a wine tour of the region.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool open year roundRemote - Off the beaten track.
Finca La Azul 6 rooms from £111n TUPUNGATO MENDOZA, Mendoza Province
A hip country property in one of Argentina's finest wine regions. Sleek design mixes local materials, with exposed stonework on display, and contemporary eco glass walls. The cuisine is worthy of a visit alone and the private 'Cave' experience is particularly special. A spoiling rural escape.Foodies - Sample fabulous criollo food served in atmospheric setting, alongside fine local wines.Country Escape - Enjoy this luxury property set in the stunning Uco Valley wine region.Cooking classes - Learn regional secrets in the hotel's cookery classes.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Finca Adalgisa 11 rooms from £114Mendoza, Mendoza Province
A delightfully rustic B&B and winery surrounded by vineyards and fruit trees. A rural retreat surrounded by outdoor activities - great for families.Views - Views over the vineyard.Good wine list - Exceptional cellar.FamiliesWine tastingRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Club Tapiz 11 rooms from £131Mendoza, Mendoza Province
A lovely wine estate with a private villa set in 22 acres of vineyards. Renaissance style structure renovated with rustic charm - pine floors, terracotta tiles, and French windows that bathe ochre colours in sunlight. For foodies, spa goers, and wine lovers.Private villas - Casa Zolo has four double bedrooms, beautiful swimming pool, large dining room.Gourmet - Delicious local food and extensive wine list.Wine tasting - Winery tours are the obvious highlight.Good wine list - Exceptional cellar.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Lodge Atamisque 6 rooms from £1695561 Mendoza, Mendoza Province
A contemporary hotel and winery set within 700 acres. The individual lodges are well appointed and proportioned, with natural materials sitting nicely against plenty of glass and traditional artefacts. The estate provides ample opportunity for outdoor pursuits from wine tasting to horse riding.Active Holiday - A fantastic area for outdoor pursuits from wine tours to days exploring the countryside on bicycles.Secluded setting - For escaping.Remote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Algodon Wine Estates 8 rooms from £200San Rafael, Mendoza Province
A spectacular wine estate and golf resort in the rolling foothills of the Sierra Pintada Mountains. The best of all worlds - beautiful lodges, award winning cuisine, the finest wines, a world class golf course, clubhouse and tennis courts.Outstanding location - Located in the magnificent rolling foothills of the Sierra Pintada Mountains.Garden - Extensive vineyard, olive groves, manicured estate grounds.Tennis - 7 clay courts, 1 hard court, 2 grass courts.Views - Surrounding vineyards, gardens, hills.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Alpasion 5 rooms from £215Los Sauces, Mendoza Province
A luxury lodge boasting panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. Contemporary rooms are each individually styled using natural materials. Large terraces are ideal for taking in the surrounds with a glass of wine. Fabulous modern Argentine cuisine is served. The ideal rural escape.Hideaway - Situated in the heart of the Uco Valley, revel in the total tranquility with a glass of regional wine and a good book.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Secluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
Entre Cielos 16 rooms from £243Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza Province
A luxury vineyard and spa resort with a twist. Unlike the more usual rustic bodegas, this hotel is a contemporary treat - the private loft suspended above the vines is exceptionally modern. Contemporary delights for a gourmet retreat.Restaurant - Fine dining restaurant serves a fusion of local and international cuisine with regional organic productsSpa breaks - Extensive treatments in this Hammam and Spa.Resort - Wine resort & SpaGourmetRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Casa de Uco 16 rooms from £265Mendoza, Mendoza Province
A sleek contemporary property with far stretching views over the surrounding vineyards. Smart architecture throughout blends modernity with the surrounding landscape; think glass walls and natural materials. Dine on a menu that 'honours the land' and is paired with regional wines. Fabulous.Total relaxation - Unwind in the spa, sample wines made on the property or simply curl up with a good book.Great walks - Take long relaxing walks through the surrounding vines.Restrictions on children - Over 12s are welcome.Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Cavas Wine Lodge 14 rooms from £464Mendoza, Mendoza Province
Nestled in a valley surrounded by snow-capped mountains sits this boutique vineyard. It provides some of Argentina's finest wines, gourmet cuisine, airy rooms, and a luxurious spa - all in striking contemporary architecture.Outdoor dining - A lovely vineyard facing terrace to enjoy gourmet cuisine.Views - Views of the vineyard and surrounding hills.Good wine list - The very best of Argentina's fine wines.Wine tasting - The vineyard boasts delicious wines.Recommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Park Hyatt Mendoza 186 rooms from £752Mendoza
The Park Hyatt is ideal for any business or leisure traveller with a sensitive palette and penchant for luck. It has extensive meeting rooms and banquet halls, a fantastic selection of restaurants, and a casino - and for when it all gets too much there's a luxurious spa to unwind in.Hotel Entertainment - The hotel has a casino that can keep you occupied into the early hours.Meeting Room - Meeting rooms and banqueting halls can accommodat up to 340 people.City StyleSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection
The vines Resort & Spa 22 rooms from £873Mendoza Province
A stunning contemporary building and winery located in Argentina's best wine growing country. Smart rooms decorated in soft hues boast large floor to ceiling windows to take in the epic views. The restaurant run by the famed Mallmann is worthy of a visit alone. The ultimate in luxury rural escapes.Foodies - The restaurant is run by the famed Argentinian chef Francis Mallmann and the property situated on an excellent vineyard.Great walks - Head out and explore this stunning rugged landscapeCooking classes - Take a regional cooking class at the hotel.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection