Search the best hotels in Mendoza Province
About Mendoza Province
There's more to the Andes than spectacular mountain-pass views. 80% of Argentina's wine is produced in the Mendoza region, which lies at the bone-dry foothills of the Andes. Here the sunny days and cold nights breed rich, potent reds. And if you were only planning to stay for a day or two, be prepared to be captivated and tempted to dwell longer. The accommodation is equally alluring, with our pick of the best places to stay in the Mendoza Province varying from luxurious spa breaks to foodie's paradises.
However, Mendoza isn't just about big reds. Higher up the slopes are where the Chardonnay and Semillon grapes flourish, developing the slightly acidic taste the region's whites are known for. There are about 800 wineries in the region, so there's plenty of new flavours to taste. For peak wine and food season visit during the harvest festival, which has spread out from March to include January through April.
Scenic, beautifully laid out and with every luxury laid on, Mendoza can be as adventurous or relaxing a destination as you choose. High enough in the Andes to provide an adventure sports playground, there are many local operators who'll arrange skiing, rafting, kayaking, trekking or paragliding. Or you can just sit around and enjoy the scenery with your glass of Malbec.
It's worth remembering that not all of Mendoza's charms are outside the city. Mendoza itself is bustling with interest along its wide, leafy avenues and historic plazas - this is also a great city to visit for cafe culture and nightlife.
What Not to Miss
- The Parque Provincial Aconcagua is full of stunning landscapes and breathtaking scenery.
- Culture-vultures should definitely visit Mendoza city's Museo del Área Fundacional if they want to learn all about the region's history.
- Hire a bike and head down the Caminos del Vino, stopping off for a tasting session at the numerous wineries along the route.
- Head off around the Andes on horseback, venturing into the Uco Valley or the Quebrada del Condor - a truly unforgettable experience! Tours range from half a day to full 10-day crossings.
With so much to offer this is a perfect holiday destiantion. Why not browse through our collection of the best places to stay in the Mendoza Province to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in the Mendoza Province
For Foodies (and Wine-ies)
- With only 4 bedrooms, Club Tapiz is one of the best places to stay in Mendoza if you're looking for local insights. The small size and the owner's own foodie tastes mean that there's plenty of local gourmet delicacies being served. Alongside wonderful wines from the 22 acres of vineyard surrounding the villa.
- If you prefer to stay somewhere larger, try the Algodon Wine Estate. As well as being on a wine estate, this resort also has a world-class golf course and 10 tennis courts. And locally there's excellent fishing, rafting, and biking. So it's also one of the best places to stay in Mendoza for those who like to exercise off their foodie extravaganzas!
- The rural Posada Verde Oliva offers smart accommodation in muted tones with fireplaces, exposed wooden beams and French doors leading outside. Tuck into delicious home-cooked meals and wines which are produced on the property itself.
- Finca Adalgisa is a lowkey B&B and winery which is ideal for those wanting a rural retreat. The rooms are traditionally Argentine in style, whilst there's also a pool for guests to enjoy.
- The Vines Resort & Spa is a divine stay. Set in the midst of Mendoza's rural surrounds, their contemporary rooms are smartly decorated and feature terraces which enjoy stunning views. Plus, the food is to die for!
Mendoza for Romance
- Going one further the Cavas Wine Lodge is one of the best places to stay in Mendoza for weddings. A boutique vineyard, their 14-room lodge is an excellent size for small weddings. Their terrace restaurant overlooks the vines and snowcapped mountains, their spa is luxurious and the vibe is peaceful and comfortable.
- The luxurious Posada Borravino boasts a tranquil setting and rustic-chic rooms. Lounge by the courtyard pool by day before enjoying a splendid meal accompanied by regional wines. With only 8 rooms, it's also an intimate spot.
For a spa break
- For those looking for a spot of pampering with their wine tasting, look no further than Entre Cielos. Here you'll find a luxury vineyard and spa resort that provides sophisticated, contemporary accommodation, gourmet food and a gorgeous hammam and spa.
- The Park Hyatt Mendoza is a stylish option for a city stay. With spa, casino and all the mod cons you can imagine, this is also one of the best places to stay in Mendoza for business or conference travellers.
- 5-room B&B Plaza Italia features individually-styled, tasteful rooms decorated in rich hues. Located bang smack in the centre of Mendoza, it's ideal for those wanting to see all that the city has to offer.
For a stylish spot
- Finca La Azul oozes stylish charm, its sleek design featuring a variety of materials - think exposed stonework and plenty of glass. Plus, their cuisine is simply delectable.
- Lodge Atamisque boasts a stunning setting with spectacular views of the nearby mountains. Their lodges are composed entirely of natural materials and belie their simple exteriors to offer swish yet cosy interiors that are bound to impress. What's more, it's set on its own winery - what more could you ask for?
- Alpasion is of a similar ilk; this plain-looking lodge enjoys a wonderfully rural location with chic contemporary accommodation and large terraces. Tuck into terrific Argentine cuisine as you enjoy the owners' splendid wine recommendations.
- Casa de Ulco boasts splendid views of the surrounding area: from the mountains to the sprawling vineyards. Its interiors are sleek and stylish, which is matched by their top-notch menu.
For an apartment or villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Mendoza's nicest weather-wise in the summer months, from November to March, with the average temperature climbing to 26°C in December and January.
- This, however, is peak tourist season, so for a quieter and cheaper alternative consider coming in the shoulder season months.
- If you're coming from within Argentina or from Santiago then you can fly into the Governor Francisco Gabrielli International Airport, aka El Plumerillo.
- Alternatively, if you're coming from abroad then fly into Buenos Aires's Ministro Pistarini Airport before taking a flight to Mendoza.
- From here, hire a car with Rentalcars to get to your final destination.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Mendoza.
- Widen the net to include our recommendations in Córdoba or Santiago.
- Alternatively, feel free to call or email one of our gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Mendoza Province
Best Hotels in Mendoza Province
Huentala Hotel Mendoza (Mza-Ciudad) 81 rooms from £86Spa breaks - With free access to hotel spa for all guests, choose this hotel for your next spa breakCity Style - With classic interiors and a central location, this hotel has lots of city styleFamilies - The family suites are perfect for adults travelling with childrenSights nearby - Visit Independencia Square, one of the main squares and a lively hangout in Mendoza featuring street-food vendors and musicians
This chic hotel is located in Mendoza, Argentina. The bright and spacious rooms offer classic interiors in a golden palette; book a suite for extra living space and a private hot tub. All guests can enjoy free access to the sleek on-site spa. Dine at the gourmet hotel bistro; a stylish city hotel. See More
Tupungato Divino Tupungato, Mendoza Province 6 rooms from £90Local exploring - With Menoza's many famous vineyards within easy driving distance, there is lots of wine-related exploring close to this hotelCountry Escape - Set in a vineyard with views of the Andes Mountains, this hotel makes a beautiful escape to the countryRomantic Break - Couples love the quiet setting of this country getaway and the great selections of wines in the cellarSights nearby - Take a trip to the Salentein winery, located close to the hotel, and learn about the winemaking processRecommended by - Fodors
This wine hotel is aptly set within acres of beautiful vineyards at the foot of the Andes in Argentina. Rooms are simple and elegant featuring comfortable beds, wooden accents and large windows with mountain views. Sample local cuisine at the restaurant before a vineyard tour; a charming rural stay. See More
B&B Plaza Italia Mendoza 5 rooms from £94Local exploring - Well located with easy access to the cities main attractions- just five minutes from Plaza Independencia.TraditionalRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
An elegant B&B right in the heart of the city. Individually styled rooms feature antique furniture and rich colouring. Grown-up lounges are the ideal spot to unwind with a regional glass of wine and a pretty courtyard provides a chance to soak up some rays. The perfect base for city exploration. See More
Posada Borravino Mendoza, Mendoza Province 8 rooms from £101Total relaxation - A little haven ideal for escaping the hustle and bustle of city life. Relax by the pool, sample local wines and take long walks.Sights nearby - Visit the Ruinas de San Francisco, remains of the ancient city of Mendoza.Romantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A small luxury hotel set in lovely tranquil surrounds. Interiors mix traditional design with contemporary style. Rooms feature soft hues, exposed beams and light wooden furniture. A courtyard pool is the perfect spot to unwind. Sample regional wines and dine on traditional dishes. See More
La Morada Vista Flores, Mendoza Province 4 rooms from £101Families - There are great options for families here, from the master suite to the private villaHideaway - With its stylish interiors and remote location, this hotel makes a chic bolt-holeBack to Nature - With breathtaking views of the Andes, this hotel makes a unique nature getawaySwimming Pool - Seasonal pool
This boutique hotel is nestled in a vineyard at the foot of the Andes in Argentina. Rooms are stylish and contemporary, with some offering a terrace overlooking the mountain range; book the private villa for panoramic views from floor-to-ceiling windows. Relax by the pool; a chic country bolt-hole. See More
Posada Verde Oliva Mendoza, Mendoza Province 5 rooms from £109Country Escape - Sitting pretty amidst olive groves and vineyards find an authentic Argentine experience in the heart of Mendoza wine countryWine tasting - Sample the hotel's own wines or head out on a wine tour of the region.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool open year roundRemote - Off the beaten track.
A charming rural property set on a working vineyard and olive farm. Traditional interiors feature fireplaces, exposed beams and french doors leading onto a large black and white tiled terrace. Enjoy home-cooked meals and wines produced on the property. Sit back and relax in absolute tranquility. See More
Robles de Besares Chacras de Coria, Mendoza Province 5 rooms from £109Hideaway - Hideaway in this hotel's beautiful grounds; with a pool, hot tub and tennis courts on-site, there's no need to leaveLocal exploring - Located in a prime wine region, there are plenty of vineyards to explore local to the hotelFamilies - This hotel is great for families; kids love the huge grounds and the outdoor poolSpa
This boutique hotel is set within huge grounds in Chacras de Coria, a small town on the edge of Mendoza renowned for its gastronomy. Rooms feature classic interiors with comfortable beds and high-quality linens. Relax in the pool or hot tub, or keep active on the tennis courts. A luxury bolt-hole. See More
Finca La Azul n TUPUNGATO MENDOZA, Mendoza Province 6 rooms from £113Foodies - Sample fabulous criollo food served in atmospheric setting, alongside fine local wines.Country Escape - Enjoy this luxury property set in the stunning Uco Valley wine region.Cooking classes - Learn regional secrets in the hotel's cookery classes.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
A hip country property in one of Argentina's finest wine regions. Sleek design mixes local materials, with exposed stonework on display, and contemporary eco glass walls. The cuisine is worthy of a visit alone and the private 'Cave' experience is particularly special. A spoiling rural escape. See More
Postales Hotel Tabanera, Mendoza Province 9 rooms from £113Country Escape - Located in acres of vineyards and with crops grown in the grounds, this hotel makes for an authentic country escapeFamilies - Book the adobe house exclusively for accommodation for the whole family; kids love the hotel's outdoor poolTotal relaxation - With a pool, restaurant and vienyard on-site, you can rest and relax completely at this country bolt-holeGreat walks - Explore the beautiful hotel grounds and beyond on a long walk; your hosts will be happy to offer recommendations on routes
This boutique hotel is nestled within a 37-acre vineyard in Mendoza, Argentina. Spacious rooms open onto the gardens and boast cane ceilings and antique furnishings; book the adobe house for a family stay. Dine al fresco after a dip in the pool or a walk in the grounds; a beautiful nature retreat. See More
Finca Adalgisa Mendoza, Mendoza Province 11 rooms from £116Views - Views over the vineyard.Good wine list - Exceptional cellar.FamiliesWine tastingRecommended by - I Escape, Tablet
Hotel Diplomatic Mendoza 45 rooms from £122Foodies - Foodies will enjoy the hotel restaurant, headed by star chef Claudio Lucero; reserve a table for afternoon teaSpa breaks - With a health club and extensive spa on-site, book this hotel for your next spa breakCity Style - With elegant interiors and an unbeatable location, this hotel has lots of city styleSights nearby - Wander through the centre of Mendoza to Plaza Independencia, a lively square with street vendors and performersRecommended by - Fodors
This five-star, luxury hotel is located in Mendoza, Argentina. Spacious and elegant guestrooms boast high-quality linens, an ergonomic work chair and city views; book a luxury corner suite for mountain vistas. Check into the health club before afternoon tea at the cosy restaurant; a chic city hotel. See More
Park Hyatt Mendoza Mendoza 186 rooms from £133Hotel Entertainment - The hotel has a casino that can keep you occupied into the early hours.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolSpaSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection
The Park Hyatt is ideal for any business or leisure traveller with a sensitive palette and penchant for luck. It has extensive meeting rooms and banquet halls, a fantastic selection of restaurants, and a casino - and for when it all gets too much there's a luxurious spa to unwind in. See More
Club Tapiz Mendoza, Mendoza Province 11 rooms from £133Private villas - Casa Zolo has four double bedrooms, beautiful swimming pool, large dining room.Gourmet - Delicious local food and extensive wine list.Wine tasting - Winery tours are the obvious highlight.Good wine list - Exceptional cellar.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Posada Salentein Los Árboles, Mendoza Province 16 rooms from £140Foodies - Foodies will swoon over the posada restaurant; be sure to ask for pairings with your meal from the hotel's own vineyardsLocal exploring - Set within the Mendoza region, famous for its wine, this hotel is a great starting point for local exploringCountry Escape - Set on a winery in the Valle de Uco region, this hotel is an authentic country getawayRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Fodors
This luxury Posada is part of the famous Salentein winery in Valle de Uco, Argentina. Spacious guestrooms are spread across three houses and have cosy classic interiors. Peruse the hotel's private art collection after a wine tasting. With a restaurant, pool and gardens, this is a chic country stay. See More
Lares de Chacras Mendoza, Mendoza Province 4 rooms from £155Wine tasting - Wine enthusiasts are drawn here for the many renowned wineries in the region.Great walks - There are a number of scenic hiking trails in the countryside outside of MendozaSwimming Pool - Heated outdoor poolSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Fodors
A charming boutique property set in the heart of the Mendoza wine country. Rooms have been beautifully renovated and feature polished parquet floors, simple heavy wood furniture plus large floor to ceiling windows. The restaurant is excellent and the cosy firelit lounge ideal for an evening tipple. See More
Lodge Atamisque 5561 Mendoza, Mendoza Province 6 rooms from £172Active Holiday - A fantastic area for outdoor pursuits from wine tours to days exploring the countryside on bicycles.Secluded setting - For escaping.Remote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A contemporary hotel and winery set within 700 acres. The individual lodges are well appointed and proportioned, with natural materials sitting nicely against plenty of glass and traditional artefacts. The estate provides ample opportunity for outdoor pursuits from wine tasting to horse riding. See More
Algodon Wine Estates San Rafael, Mendoza Province 8 rooms from £203Outstanding location - Located in the magnificent rolling foothills of the Sierra Pintada Mountains.Garden - Extensive vineyard, olive groves, manicured estate grounds.Tennis - 7 clay courts, 1 hard court, 2 grass courts.Views - Surrounding vineyards, gardens, hills.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Rosell Boher Lodge Agrelo, Mendoza Province 7 rooms from £217Country Escape - Located in the midst of the vineyards of Mendoza, this hotel makes a beautiful escape to the countryFamilies - Book a private family villa for ample living space and an outdoor firepit, barbecue area and poolHideaway - Hideout at this country bolt-hole; with a restaurant and pool on-site, there's no need to leaveGreat walks - Explore the beautiful natural landscape surrounding the hotel on a long walk
This boutique hotel is nestled between vineyards in the Mendoza Province, Argentina. Suites are contemporary, with rustic-style furnishings, local textiles and natural accents; book a chic private villa for a hot tub and campfire. Relax by the pool or in the cosy lounge bar; a refined country hotel. See More
Alpasion Los Sauces, Mendoza Province 5 rooms from £219Hideaway - Situated in the heart of the Uco Valley, revel in the total tranquility with a glass of regional wine and a good book.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Secluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Great Small Hotels
A luxury lodge boasting panoramic views of the surrounding mountains. Contemporary rooms are each individually styled using natural materials. Large terraces are ideal for taking in the surrounds with a glass of wine. Fabulous modern Argentine cuisine is served. The ideal rural escape. See More
Entre Cielos Lujan de Cuyo, Mendoza Province 16 rooms from £247Restaurant - Fine dining restaurant serves a fusion of local and international cuisine with regional organic productsSpa breaks - Extensive treatments in this Hammam and Spa.Resort - Wine resort & SpaGourmetRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Casa de Uco Mendoza, Mendoza Province 16 rooms from £269Total relaxation - Unwind in the spa, sample wines made on the property or simply curl up with a good book.Great walks - Take long relaxing walks through the surrounding vines.Restrictions on children - Over 12s are welcome.Remote - Off the beaten track.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A sleek contemporary property with far stretching views over the surrounding vineyards. Smart architecture throughout blends modernity with the surrounding landscape; think glass walls and natural materials. Dine on a menu that 'honours the land' and is paired with regional wines. Fabulous. See More
Cavas Wine Lodge Mendoza, Mendoza Province 14 rooms from £472Outdoor dining - A lovely vineyard facing terrace to enjoy gourmet cuisine.Views - Views of the vineyard and surrounding hills.Good wine list - The very best of Argentina's fine wines.Wine tasting - The vineyard boasts delicious wines.Recommended by - I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
The vines Resort & Spa Mendoza Province 22 rooms from £863Foodies - The restaurant is run by the famed Argentinian chef Francis Mallmann and the property situated on an excellent vineyard.Great walks - Head out and explore this stunning rugged landscapeCooking classes - Take a regional cooking class at the hotel.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
A stunning contemporary building and winery located in Argentina's best wine growing country. Smart rooms decorated in soft hues boast large floor to ceiling windows to take in the epic views. The restaurant run by the famed Mallmann is worthy of a visit alone. The ultimate in luxury rural escapes. See More