- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Adelaide
Once upon a time Adelaide's main appeals were its graceful religious architecture and the fact that it was set up as a free colony, rather than a penal colony. But these days Adelaide is known for a lot more - the arts and festival scene is exuberant, the foodie scene thrives on its position, by the wine regions of the Clare Valley and McLaren Vale, and there's a multicultural wave gradually stretching the city's traditionally conservative nature. Our Guru's recommendations for the best places to stay in Adelaide range from chic city boutique hotels to rambling old farmsteads in the Adelaide Hills.
What Not To Miss
- Adelaide's relative youth, as a city, can be seen in its excellent planning, with plenty of parks included within its grid, with orderly spacing between them.
- No one wants the city to crowd out to the lush green views and sleepy towns of the Adelaide Hills - which are less than a quarter of an hours drive away on the freeway, or to charming old Port Adelaide. Both these regions are worth exploring, as is Glenelg, the beachy bit.
- But first you should explore the centre of town. Don't miss the Central Market, the Art Gallery, the South Australian Museum or the Botanic Gardens.
- And it's definitely worth visiting Adelaide during festival time - which is almost always - as the city really comes alive and venues pop up all over the place.
- You might also want to get out into the wine regions for a tasting or two, visit the Oval for some sport, take a stroll in the hills or on the plains and take a day trip out to Kangaroo Island.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Adelaide all make ideal bases for exploring this great city and the surrounding area.
The best places to stay in Adelaide
For great value
- The Clarion Hotel Soho is right in the centre of town, with all the mod. cons., chic design and a regularly changing art exhibition on display. As well as being close to everything the Clarion Hotel has a roof top pool with views over the skyline.
- The Franklin is a quirky, seven room boutique hotel in the heart of the city. As well as being small and perfectly designed, The Franklin offers guests free use of its bicycles. And all for around £80 per night.
- Thorngrove Manor Hotel in the Adelaide Hills, is a luxurious, five room hotel, perfect for romance and privacy. It's done up to look like an old castle with antiques and four poster beds and tapestries, and it offers every luxury you can imagine you might need.
For an apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday - don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a great selection of properties in the centre and on the coast.
- Fly to Adelaide Airport located 5.7km (3.5 miles) from Adelaide with a wide selection of both domestic and International flights.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Adelaide with rail links across Australia including to Melbourne and Sydney.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the city or the countryside beyond - click here for prices and booking with our online partner, Rental Cars.
- Best time to visit - the autumn from March to May for lower levels of rainfall and pleasant temperatures.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Adelaide
The Franklin 7 rooms from $106Adelaide (CBD)
Quirky and charming boutique hotel in Adelaide's CBD offering seven tastefully decorated rooms with unique original artwork. Free bicycles on offer are a great way to see the city.Sights nearby - Central location in the CBD, within walking distance of main shopping district and Adelaide ZooFull of character
Clarion Hotel Soho 30 rooms from $104Adelaide (CBD)
This uber-chic hotel oozes style with top amenities. Regular changing art collections on display. Relax by the roof top pool whilst looking over the city skyline. Central location ensures the perfect base for sightseeing.Sights nearby - Ten minute walk to the Botanic Gardens, fifteen minute walk to Art Gallery of South AustraliaSpa - In-room treatments availableSwimming Pool - OutdoorRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Thorngrove Manor Hotel 5 rooms from $634Adelaide (Stirling)
Set away from the city in the Adelaide Hills, this luxury small hotel has only five dreamy rooms. Privacy is of paramount importance, with the promise that you may not even see another guest. Perfect for a romantic getaway.Sights nearby - Adelaide CBD only 20 mins by carOutstanding location - In the Adelaide HillsOpulentHideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Fodors