- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Wanze
Wanze is a pretty Belgian town in the province of Liège, with a number of heritage sites and notable ruins. The best places to stay tend to be old and filled with character, converted from old farmhouses or châteaux even.
Most people travel to Wallonia to see the old castles and châteaux, and Wanze is a lovely peaceful base for exploring the area.
Some of the main local sights include the Château de Modave, which has amazingly well preserved 17th Century stucco ceilings and 20 furnished rooms. The Château de Jehay is another local treasure, a 16th Century castle sprouting numerous spikey turrets and made from an interesting combination of brick and stone.
What not to miss
- Explore the Medival castle of Moha. It's situated just outside town and is open every day (except public holidays) from Easter to the end of October.
- A round of golf at the Naxhalet Golf Club
Our pick of the best places to stay in Wanze is slightly out of town, but still well located for soaking up all the surrounding sights.
Best places to stay in Wanze
For a country hideaway
- The Naxhelet Golf Club is a modern countryside hideaway with 35 rooms, a spa and fitness centre, a golf course and an inventive restaurant. But the decor borrows much from this converted farm’s past, with lots of exposed stone and lovely parquet floors.
For an apartment
- If you think that you'd prefer self catering accommodation, we recommend you check out the wide selection with our online partner, Booking.com.
- Wanze is 2 hours by train from Brussels, where you can connect to Europe and further afield by train and plane
- The best time of year to visit Wanze is during the summer months, between May and September when temperatures reach between 17-22 degrees celcius.
- If you wish to hire a car, we recommend you visit our partner, Rentalcars.
Still not sure where to book?
Best Hotels in Wanze
Naxhelet Golf Club 35 rooms from £154Wanze
A modern countryside hideaway with a spa, fitness centre and large golf course. Surrounded by gorgeous countryside, this converted farm offers contemporary, elegant bedrooms featuring parquet floors, natural stone and fine fabrics. La Cuisine offers fresh inventive menus from local produce.Golf - Come for a golf break and use the on site facilities.Spa - Including sauna, hammam, ice pool and rooms for a wide range of treatmentsViews - Lovely views over the golf course and surrounding countrysideSights nearby - The town of LiegeRecommended by - Tablet