Search the best hotels in Bermuda
Bermuda offers the classic tropical island experience; soft, palest-pink sand, calm, warm turquoise waters fringed with incredibly beautiful, yet deadly reefs, and bougainvillea covered houses and mansions painted in a pastel rainbow. But as well as the idyllic beaches and world class diving and fishing, Bermuda has historic forts, museum and galleries. Not forgetting the great range of accommodation...indeed our pick of the best places to stay in Bermuda vary from chic manor-style properties in the centre of Hamilton to gorgeous beach resorts with more facilities than you can imagine.
A string of around 138 islands and islets arranged in a hook-shape, Bermuda is just 20miles long and two across, but its genteel history as a British Overseas Territory, combined with its proximity to the US and the legacy of many of its African, Portuguese and West Indian residents, means it is culturally very rich and extremely diverse. You can taste it in the cuisine, which fuses local specialities like shark hash and mussel pie with Portuguese-style fish and tomatoes, and classic British sponge cakes.
What not to miss
- It’s hard to say which of Bermuda’s beaches are the most perfect. Lots of people like Horseshoe Bay, but Elbow Beach is gorgeous too. Most of the best beaches are on the southern shore. And there are plenty of lesser known joys to discover on your own.
- It’s hard to decide which dives, or snorkelling sites to prioritise too, what with a range of wreck dives and acres of reef to explore.
- For an easy way to that tropical jungle experience visit Cooper’s Island Nature Reserve and the Blue Hole Park.
- If you want to experience something of Bermuda’s history, as well as enjoying more typical Caribbean island pursuits there’s an excellent choice of museums and historic sites - try the National Museum of Bermuda first, then the Royal Naval Dockyard and Fort St. Catherine.
- Bermuda also has an aquarium and a zoo.
- And for something unexpected visit Crystal Cave and Fantasy Cave, a magical place of stalactites, all beautifully lit and easily accessed.
Where to stay
- Hamilton, the island's capital, is a bustling city full of pretty coloured houses and lively bars.
- Located at the mouth of Castle Harbour, Tucker's Town is a small community which boasts a number of golf courses.
- Mount Pleasant is best known for its lovely two-storey, classically Bermudian houses.
- Southampton and Somerset are both tranquil spots which are perfect for beachgoers.
- Whilst Paget is home to the Bermuda Botanical Gardens and Paget Marsh Nature Reserve.
It might not surprise you but our picks of the best places to stay in Bermuda err towards ocean views and beach-side idyll. Use our guide to Bermuda hotels and start to plan your trip.
The Best Places to Stay in Bermuda
Bermuda’s Best Beach Resorts
- The Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa is an exclusive resort offering a range of accommodation styles, from rooms to private cottages and villas. If you feel as if you need a private pool you can have one, and many rooms have fantastic ocean views. Cambridge Beaches Resort can also boast four private beaches, so you can be guaranteed a little slice of heaven!
- Rosewood Bermuda is large and sprawling, and its 92 rooms share around 240 acres of Bermuda’s coastline, making it a large resort, but not a busy feeling one. There’s a big private beach and beach club, a golf course, tennis courts, a diving school and all sorts of other facilities - including extensive facilities for families.
The Most Romantic Hotels in Bermuda
- The Reefs Resort & Club at Southampton on Bermuda’s exclusive South Shore, is simple and elegant, offering wonderful sunset views from its multiple comfortably furnished patios, a sleek spa and an oceanfront restaurant.
The Best Beachfront Hotels in Bermuda
- The Loren at Pink Beach has just 45 rooms and suites, sat above a Tucker’s Town beach that really is pinkish. There are wonderful views from the suites, plus boutique furnishings, or there’s a three room villa with its own pool if you need more space. The hotel restaurant is fine dining.
For a luxury hotel
- If you’re looking for a small, boutique-y feeling luxury hotel then the 40 room Rosedon Hotel is a good option. It occupies a stately manor-esque house, which has a traditional feeling decor in a unique, slightly chintzy colour palette. You’re close to the centre of Hamilton, but in the lap of private luxury.
- The Hamilton Princess Hotel & Beach Club is a luxurious, harbour-side hotel in Hamilton, offering the ocean views you might want from Bermuda, but a city feel too. There are around 400 rooms, plus lots of spoiling extras like the spa, and hotel’s stylish restaurant.
- The Greenbank Guesthouse & Cottages are on the Salt Kettle Peninsula, close to a handful of great beaches. The property itself is historic, with great ocean views - especially if you book a waterside cottage, which will come with a furnished, seafront terrace. Otherwise you’re welcome to have your family barbecue on the hotel patio.
- The Elbow Beach Resort is a luxurious seafront resort on Elbow Beach, offering a range of accommodation from homely rooms to family-sized cottages. There are three restaurants, and a kid’s club, and even though this is a great place for families, it’s also quite romantic.
Prefer an Apartment or Villa?
- If you’d prefer to stay in a private apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- You can fly to Bermuda direct from the UK to Bermuda International Airport. It’s also extremely easy to fly from major European and US hubs. Alternatively you can arrive by cruise ship or yacht.
- If you’re thinking about hiring a car you can stop right now. Non-residents aren’t able to drive on Bermuda, the best you can do is hire a scooter. We recommend checking what our online partners, Rentalcars have to offer
- Just across ‘the way’ - or the North Atlantic, from northeast Florida and Charleston, Bermuda has the same hot summers but its winters are even warmer due to the Gulf Stream, though the downside of that is that it’s more often in the path of hurricanes. For most of the year the winds here will do you a favour though, cooling down the heat and humidity of a summer afternoon. The hurricane season lasts between June and November with the greatest risk between August and October.
Still not sure?
- You could consider the best places to stay in the Caribbean as an alternative?
- Or maybe the best places to stay in the Florida Keys?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Bermuda
Best Hotels in Bermuda
Greenbank Guesthouse & Cottages Mount Pleasant, Bermuda 11 rooms from £207Beach Life - Located on the Salt Kettle Peninsula, close to local beaches, this hotel is perfect for a relaxed seaside breakLocal exploring - Set in close proximity to the ferry to Hamilton, this hotel is well-placed for local exploring in BermudaRomantic Break - Couples like this hotel's discreet guest cottages and the homely atmosphereGreat walks - Explore the Salt Kettle Peninsula on a long walk; head to the Botanical Gardens to explore 36 acres of Bermudian flora
This hotel is situated in a historic, waterfront property on the Salt Kettle Peninsula in Bermuda. Guest cottages feature a kitchenette and patio with garden or sea views; book a waterside cottage for a furnished, seafront terrace. Have a family barbecue on the hotel patio; a charming seaside stay. See More
Elbow Beach Resort Paget, Bermuda 98 rooms from £293Families - Book a private cottage for multiple bedrooms, a living room and kitchen, perfect for a family stayRomantic Break - Couples love this hotel's privileged beachfront location; book a luxury suite for added indulgenceBeach Life - Set on an exclusive stretch of pink sand beach, this hotel makes an ideal island breakKids Club - Fully staffed.
This luxury seafront resort is nestled on a private stretch of pink sand on Bermuda's Elbow Beach. Guestrooms are bright and airy with homely furnishings and garden or sea views; book the Geranium Cottage for a family stay. Dine at one of 3 Bermudian restaurants in the resort; a stylish beach break. See More
Rosedon Hotel Hamilton, Bermuda 40 rooms from £380Local exploring - Set in a handy location close to Hamilton city centre, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringRomantic Break - Couples love the homely rooms at this manor house hotel; book a luxury suite for added indulgenceBeach Life - With a free shuttle service to the seaside, this hotel makes a great boutique beach getawaySights nearby - Marvel at the sandy beaches and crystal-clear waters of Elbow Beach, a short drive from the hotelRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
This boutique hotel is located in a stately, manor-style Bermudian property. Guestrooms feature traditional interior design in unique colour palettes with a furnished patio; book the Royal Suite for French doors leading to a terrace. Relax by the heated outdoor pool; a charming island bolt-hole. See More
Cambridge Beaches Resort & Spa Somerset, Bermuda 87 rooms from £452Beach Life - Located on the coast, boasting a luxurious private beach, this resort is perfect for an exclusive seaside getawayRomantic Break - Book a cottage with a private pool and sea views for added indulgence on your next couples' getawaySpa breaks - With a full-service spa on-site, choose this resort for your next spa break holidaySights nearby - Visit the historic Royal Navel Dockyard, located close to the resort, and get a tour of the shipsRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
This exclusive resort was the first cottage colony in Bermuda; now over 100 years old, the hotel offers guests modern, individually styled rooms or private cottages with rich linens and generous living space. Choose a cottage for sea views and a private pool. Book into the ocean spa; a chic getaway. See More
The Hamilton Princess Hotel & Beach Club Hamilton City, Bermuda 410 rooms from £456Romantic Break - Couples love the romantic atmosphere at this hotel; book a penthouse suite for panoramic harbour viewsLocal exploring - Set in the heart of Hamilton, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringCity Style - This chic and contemporary urban resort has lots of Bermudian city styleSpa - Exhale spa offers a wide range of exercise classes, plus excellent treatments and more
This luxury, urban resort is located in the town of Hamilton in Bermuda. Guestrooms are contemporary and elegant with harbour or city views and boutique furnishings; book the penthouse suite for a premium room with a wraparound balcony. Dine at the hotel's harbourfront restaurant; a stylish hotel. See More
The Loren at Pink Beach Tuckerʼs Town, Bermuda 45 rooms from £503Families - There are good options for family accommodation here; book a villa for a private pool and multiple bedroomsRomantic Break - This resort scores highly with couples; book a luxury suite for a terrace with sea viewsBeach Life - Set on Bermuda's spectacular Pink Beach, this hotel makes an exclusive seaside getawaySights nearby - Take a hotel transfer into Hamilton and spend a day exploring the town's charming beaches, bars and restaurants
This luxury beachfront hotel is located in Tucker's Town, Bermuda. Plush suites offer panoramic ocean views and boutique furnishings in a sandy palette; book a villa for three elegant bedrooms, a private garden and pool. Enjoy a fine dining experience at the chic hotel restaurant; an exclusive stay. See More
Rosewood Bermuda Tuckerʼs Town, Bermuda 92 rooms from £663Beach Life - With a privileged coastal location, including a private beach and beach club, this resort makes for a luxury beach getawayActive Holiday - With a golf course, tennis court and beach club, there are activities for all kinds of guests at this exclusive resortFamilies - There are lots of options for family accommodation here, plus great activities for childrenDiving - Get certified at the resort diving school, the newest facility in the areaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This exclusive resort sprawls across 240 acres of the Bermudan coast. Rooms are stylish and contemporary with unique artworks, plush linens and sea views; book a chic private residence for a luxury holiday villa with a pool and beach access. Experience fine dining at the brasserie; a refined resort. See More
The Reefs Resort & Club Southampton, Bermuda 81 rooms from £708Beach Life - With a prime beachfront location on Bermuda's celebrated South Shore, this hotel is perfect for a relaxing island getawayTotal relaxation - With a beach club, spa and restaurant onsite, this resort has all the ingredients for total relaxationRomantic Break - Couples love the homely rooms at this hotel; book a luxury suite for romantic sea viewsRomantic - Good for couples.
This classic resort is located on Bermuda's exclusive South Shore. The west-facing guestrooms are simple and elegant with sunset views over the Atlantic from furnished patios; pick the Point Suite for a luxurious hot tub. Book into the sleek spa after an oceanfront dinner; a stylish beach getaway. See More