Search the best hotels in Mostar
The ancient city of Mostar is one of the most striking places in Bosnia and Herzegovina, with its iconic Ottoman bridge and historic Old Town. The city’s charms have made it a popular destination for travellers of all ages, eager to explore the region’s fascinating history and natural beauty. There’s a good selection of accommodation options in the city itself, as well as in the surrounding countryside, catering to a range of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Mostar are right on the river, promising spectacular views.
Mostar’s Old Town is a Unesco World Heritage Site, and well worth exploring on foot. The 16th-century Stari Most bridge is the city’s most iconic landmark, but there are also many other historic mosques, churches and palaces to see. The Old Bridge was destroyed during the Bosnian War, but has since been painstakingly rebuilt. The nearby Museum of Herzegovina has an excellent collection of artefacts from the region’s past. The city’s riverside promenade is lined with cafés and bars, making it a great place to kick back with a drink or snack after a day of sightseeing.
You’ll also find excellent hiking in the surrounding countryside, as well as opportunities to swim, kayak or boat on Lake Prošće. Adrenaline junkies can try rafting or canyoning in the Neretva River Canyon — this is one of Europe’s best canyoning destinations! Whether you’re travelling as a family or couple, or as a group of friends, the best places to stay in Mostar promise an enticing base from which to explore this fascinating corner of Europe.
The best places to stay in Mostar
For great value
- If you're on a tight budget, then we recommend Villa Meydan. It's a modern property just up river from the Old Bridge, with a selection of simple but comfortable rooms with a smart contemporary feel. There's also a spoiling wellness and spa area (perfect after a busy day) with saunas and indoor pool and breakfast is included in the very reasonable room rate.
For the Old Town
- The Old Town Hotel is situated just 50m from the Old Bridge, right on the banks of the river. There's a good range of rooms and suites all decorated in tradtional style with pine framed beds, hardwood floors and a scattering of rugs. The restaurant serves innovative dishes using local ingredients and there's a terrace for balmy evenings.
- Hotel Restaurant Kriva Cuprija is a fantastic property in the heart of the old town. Rooms are bright, spacious and contemporary in style and the three family rooms can comfortably accommodate two adults and two children. The restaurant serves an eclectic range of dishes drawing from Bosnia, Italy and the Mediterranean.
For an apartment
- If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Sarajevo is the nearest airport to Mostar and from here you can jump on a train which will take around two hours.
- If you wish to hire a car, we recommend you check out the prices with Rentalcars
- Mostar is a good year round destination, but if you want to come for the good weather then July and August are the obvious choice (this is the busiest time too). For cooler temperatures, fewer crowds and better prices, we recommend a visit in Spring or Autumn.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include Sarajevo
- Widen the net even further and look at all our Bosnia-Herzegovina recommendations
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Mostar
Best Hotels in Mostar
Villa Meydan Mostar from £56Sights nearby - Mostar's sights are all a stone's throw away including the Old Bridge and St. Jacobs ChurchLocal markets - Step back in time at the Kujundziluk - Old BazaarOutstanding locationTraditional
A modern building featuring warmly decorated rooms with stone walls to give a traditional Herzogivanan feel. A stunning view of the city or luscious hotel garden can be seen from each room. The on-site restaurant offers a range of local and international dishes and a buffet breakfast. See More
Hotel Restaurant Kriva Cuprija Mostar 13 rooms from £108Romantic Break - The double rooms in the heritage buildings are great for a romantic getaway, with exposed stone features and cosy linensLocal exploring - Overlooking the UNESCO World Heritage Site the Old Bridge, there's lots of local exploring near the hotelFoodies - Foodies will love the hotel's Bosnian restaurant, serving contemporary takes on local cuisineSights nearby - Visit the Stari Most or Old Bridge; it's a rebuilt 16th-century Ottoman bridge that crosses the river Neretva and links the city
This three-star hotel is located in a heritage building on the River Radobolja in Mostar. The hotel has five apartments in addition to private rooms; interiors are contemporary with part-exposed stone walls and rich linens. Book a self-contained apartment for separate living space. A charming stay. See More
Old Town Hotel Mostar from £152Business meetings - With two large conference rooms and banquet facilities, this gorgeous location is perfect for a corporate eventLocal exploring - Explore the nooks and crannies of Mostar from this central locationFamilies - Large family rooms are availableSights nearby - Enjoy this picturesque location in Mostar's UNESCO-protected Old Bridge Area