Foz do Iguaçu
Search the best hotels in Foz do Iguaçu
About Foz do Iguaçu
Home to one of the Natural Seven Wonders of the World, the enchanting Iguazu Falls, the city of Foz do Iguaçu is located in the Brazilian state of Paraná. It lies on the border between three countries; Brazil, Argentina, and Paraguay; and is Brazil's second most popular tourist destination after Rio de Janeiro. This allows for choice in accommodation and our pick of the best places to stay in Foz do Iguaçu range from luxury villas to jungle lodges.
However, there's more to the city than just the falls - Foz do Iguaçu boasts luscious natural surroundings, especially in the Bela Vista Ecological Reserve, and there's also the awestriking Itaipu Dam, the second largest in the world. The city's humid subtropical climate means that it oscillates between hot, humid summers and cold winters; be sure to plan ahead accordingly when visiting.
What not to miss:
- Iguazu Falls, with its 275 waterfalls, is truly unforgettable. You'll be awestruck by the beauty and scale of this natural marvel - be sure to remember your camera.
- At the Bela Vista Ecological Reserve, you'll encounter plenty of endangered species who call the reserve's reforested jungle home. A must-visit for hikers and animal lovers.
- The massive Itaipu Dam is an awe striking piece of engineering that powers 15% of Brazil's energy consumption and 86% of Paraguay's. Well worth seeing.
Given its popularity, the best places to stay in Foz do Iguaçu get quickly booked up - book well in advance to avoid disappointment.
The best places to stay in Foz do Iguaçu
For a natural retreat
- Iguazu Jungle Lodge is a charming retreat with splendid views out over the rainforest. The accommodation features brightly coloured walls and contemporary furnishings, whilst you can tuck into lovely regional cuisine each evening on the patio.
- Boasting luxurious villas that are ideal for romantic retreats, Awasi Iguazu is a delightful spot in the lush forests of Misiones. Each villa boasts its own private plunge pool and terrace. A lovely stay that's bound to impress.
For an apartment or holiday home
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Fly into Foz do Iguaçu Airport, located half an hour away, before taking the number 120 bus to the centre of town.
- By European or North American standards, Foz do Igauçu enjoys lovely weather year-round - the average temperature fluctuates between 18-27°C throughout the year.
- However, subfreezing temperatures do occur a few times a year in the winter (May to September) and the height of the summer is often overly hot and humid. Therefore, consider coming in the shoulder seasons of spring or autumn.
- If you want to explore more of the area then hire a car with Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our entire list of the best places to stay in Foz do Iguaçu.
- Widen the net to include our recommendations in Misiones.
- Or feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Foz do Iguaçu
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas Foz do Iguaçu (Iguassu National Park) 193 rooms from £411Back to Nature - Belmond Hotel das Cataratas boasts a spectacular location, as the only hotel inside the Iguaçu National Park!Romantic Break - Effortlessly elegant accommodation, gourmet cuisine and a stunning location- the perfect romantic getawayCountry Escape - Feel a million miles away from your worries at this tranquil spotBirdwatching - Head to Bird Park and observe the wide variety of local bird speciesRecommended by - Tablet
Belmond Hotel das Cataratas boasts a stunning location, overlooking the iconic Iguaçu Falls. The smart and elegant Portuguese-style accommodation features dark wood furnishings and warm hues. Both the Ipê Grill and the Itaipu restaurant serve up delicious grub! A top retreat with unbeatable views. See More